Ewan Murray's Guardian piece.

bistokid

Ok so in short.......

Former hearts players, staff, chairman & supporters of the club saying it's shameful the way JJ has been treated, even Super Henry saying we are a playtoy to Vlad it seems at times = roasters pandering to the west coast media.

One journo says the opposite and makes a few comparisons to make it sound better and it's marvelous.

Fair enough. There's really no point in anyone with a difference of opinion posting on the thread because it's full of sympathizers.

It wouldn't have happened in their day. :rolleyes: Football has moved on.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wouldn't have happened in their day. :rolleyes: Football has moved on.

Perhaps it has and perhaps but it shouldn't stop people being more respectful to people that care about the club sharing different point of views.

Perhaps it has and perhaps but it shouldn't stop people being more respectful to people that care about the club sharing different point of views.

Fair enough. I should have expanded to say how I don't like ex-players being trotted out after every decision (and not just with Hearts all over football). It is highly predictable what they are going to say and doesn't get a good gauge on how the people that actually follow the team feel.

Of course what they say will be similar to some fans views.

You sure about that?

Check the views of the Scotland manager, our former chairman, former players, supporters of the club all being dissed and ridiculed by people who love Vlad.

Why does there have to be a pro/anti Vlad? I think Vlad has done fantastically at Hearts some of the time since coming in, he saved the club won us the cup and I'm extremely chuffed this has happened. It doesn't mean I'm forever in his debt of gratitude though and if he does stuff that effects the club then I'll disagree with it instead of finding excuse after excuse, ripping into everyone who disagrees with the opinions of people who don't agree with Vlad.

You know what? I've been following Jezza's posts since yesterday and i find myself struggling to disagree with any of them.I'm not sure what camp i'm inand,if truth be told,i don't want to be in any pro/anti group.I just want what's best for Hearts.I am still a bit pissed off about yesterday but will,like thousands of others go and cheer on the team on Thursday..and Sunday...etc!

Ewan has,again,delivered a very good piece of journalism and reminded us that even legends of the club were not treated as they should have by some people.Please don't put me in any pro/anti camp as at this moment i don't give a ****.

Fair enough. I should have expanded to say how I don't like ex-players being trotted out after every decision (and not just with Hearts all over football). It is highly predictable what they are going to say and doesn't get a good gauge on how the people that actually follow the team feel.

Of course what they say will be similar to some fans views.

If the players didn't speak about it we would be asking why.

When players (and ex managers) such as John Robertson and Craig Levein speak I appreciate it and listen. They are not pandering to the old firm media, they are sharing there opinions and feelings on our club. It's not because I agree with what they say, it's not because it's "mad Vlad oot" it's because they have been there and done that and know a lot more into what is happening with the club than anyone else on here, agree with them or not that is fact.

HEARTS FOREVER

Some fair points but a lot of it is just his own opinion rather than fact.

Also noticed that he didn't mention that a lot of Hearts fans are really disgusted with Romanovs stance when it comes to employing convicted kiddie fiddlers.

But hey why worry about the REAL facts.

Also noticed that he didn't mention that a lot of Hearts fans are really disgusted with Romanovs stance when it comes to employing convicted kiddie fiddlers.

A convicted kiddie fiddler....who would that be? It's that kind of comment that is so devoid of fact that it becomes laughable. And it's called a blog for the very reason that it is his own opinion.....that's kind of the point. Oh and what are these REAL facts you mention?

Chad Sexington

You strike me as the kind of chap who would throw a brick through a paediatrician's window. :(

You know what? I've been following Jezza's posts since yesterday and i find myself struggling to disagree with any of them.I'm not sure what camp i'm inand,if truth be told,i don't want to be in any pro/anti group.I just want what's best for Hearts.I am still a bit pissed off about yesterday but will,like thousands of others go and cheer on the team on Thursday..and Sunday...etc!

Ewan has,again,delivered a very good piece of journalism and reminded us that even legends of the club were not treated as they should have by some people.Please don't put me in any pro/anti camp as at this moment i don't give a ****.

Thanks.

Seriously though for now it's my last involvement in the whole discussion.

let's all get being the Geezer and look forward to getting a result on Thurs, a good trip away in the next round and some shexy fitba back down Gorgie, because you ken what? We deserve it :)

Thanks.

let's all get being the Geezer and look forward to getting a result on Thurs, a good trip away in the next round and some shexy fitba back down Gorgie, because you ken what? We deserve it :)

Good lad !!

Thanks.

Amen to that.I'm glad we have such a game coming round so quick.I can see the place bouncin' TBH.

HEARTS FOREVER

A convicted kiddie fiddler....who would that be? It's that kind of comment that is so devoid of fact that it becomes laughable. And it's called a blog for the very reason that it is his own opinion.....that's kind of the point. Oh and what are these REAL facts you mention?

The real fact is that Vladimir Romanov employs people who are on the sex offenders list. Which is one of the many reasons hearts fans think he's a complete maniac .

The fact that Murray is forgetting to point this out is rather misleading.

How does it sit with you?

HEARTS FOREVER

You strike me as the kind of chap who would throw a brick through a paediatrician's window. :(

You strike me as a chap who's not embarrased that your idol employs child sex offenders.

I'm gutted, disgusted and frustrated that JJ and BB are gone... BUT TO BE FAIR THE WRITING WAS ON THE WALL WEEKS AGO.

Thought Vlad was willing to back them in a run at the spl again this season after backing them in the transfer market... but after Saturdays shockeroonie it was only a matter of time.

Vlad will not allow his heart to rule his head like the fans do. Managers come and go and there doesn't appear to be the same furore surrounding departures at other clubs even when they become so frequent. Football is no place for sentiment, we are in a results based business here and something wasn't working... no win in 14 is a terrible record and for that JJ/BB had to go... wish it wasn't the case but it is. Somehow beating the hubz without JJ at the helm just won't be the same.

This article is an excellent piece of journolism to read; balanced and incisive, however it does state one undeniable fact... we are nowhere without Vladimir Romanov. You can love him or hate him... but at the end of the day every Jambo should thank him.

First class bit of journalism - reason and well balanced. Some of the numpties who are spouting the nonsense being peddled by some of the other hacks and media no-alls would be well advised to read this and think carefully before uttering any more of the "I hate Vlad" crap.

The real fact is that Vladimir Romanov employs people who are on the sex offenders list. Which is one of the many reasons hearts fans think he's a complete maniac .

The fact that Murray is forgetting to point this out is rather misleading.

How does it sit with you?

If you read his comment below the article, he did not forget to mention it.

jimjamjolly

I'm gutted, disgusted and frustrated that JJ and BB are gone... BUT TO BE FAIR THE WRITING WAS ON THE WALL WEEKS AGO.

Thought Vlad was willing to back them in a run at the spl again this season after backing them in the transfer market... but after Saturdays shockeroonie it was only a matter of time.

Vlad will not allow his heart to rule his head like the fans do. Managers come and go and there doesn't appear to be the same furore surrounding departures at other clubs even when they become so frequent. Football is no place for sentiment, we are in a results based business here and something wasn't working... no win in 14 is a terrible record and for that JJ/BB had to go... wish it wasn't the case but it is. Somehow beating the hubz without JJ at the helm just won't be the same.

This article is an excellent piece of journolism to read; balanced and incisive, however it does state one undeniable fact... we are nowhere without Vladimir Romanov. You can love him or hate him... but at the end of the day every Jambo should thank him.

What happened on Saturday?

I thought that was covered by the bit that reads

"When Romanov does something which the Scottish mainstream disagrees with, the language used is more exaggerated than is the case for discussion about other clubs. Routinely, this is hidden under the dubious guise of onlookers "wanting the best for Scottish football".

And your use of the plural of "kiddie fiddlers" is inaccurate as CT wasn't convicted of fiddling anybody but as you say facts don't concern you

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Should be required reading by the pitchfork brigade that appears on here time to time.

Excellent piece imo.

The only critisism i would have is the use of the phrase, one half of Edinburgh, surely he knows that more than one half of the football support in Edinburgh follow Hearts!

I wish that was true, Gambo. Sadly, a large number of Edinburgh people don't suport either team, making it worthwhile for the Bigot Brothers to have supporters shops in Auld Reekie. Makes my blood boil. :verymad::angry:

Off subject, I know, but if all the non-Glasgow Celtic and Rangers fans :yucky: supported their local club, Scottish Football would be in a much healthier state than it is. ....... rant over.

HEARTS FOREVER

If you read his comment below the article, he did not forget to mention it.

He forgets to mention it in the whole piece of journalistic magic??????

Strange?

Then (when prompted ) he says he didnt want to write about rumours?

It's not a rumour? It's a fact.

Yet its a fact that many hearts fans and people in general are disgusted that he employs these types of people,yet be fails to address a major issue in his in-depth view on the situation.

Poor stuff

I think I'm probably more fed up with the sensational tabloid coverage of Hearts than I am of anything else. Like others have mentioned, I was massively disappointed to see Spiers lapse into the same cheap "lunacy/fiasco/senseless/mockery" approach favoured by so many of the trash raggers. I live in hope that he'll see sense and write something sensible to make up for it in the coming days...won't hold my breath though.

However, this article? It's just a cracker. An absolute cracker. Don't want to be all dramatic but if I could hug that Murray chap right now, I absolutely would. So so refreshing to read something approximating sense. He just gets it. thumbsup.gif

HEARTS FOREVER

"When Romanov does something which the Scottish mainstream disagrees with, the language used is more exaggerated than is the case for discussion about other clubs. Routinely, this is hidden under the dubious guise of onlookers "wanting the best for Scottish football".

And your use of the plural of "kiddie fiddlers" is inaccurate as CT wasn't convicted of fiddling anybody but as you say facts don't concern you

Rix was?

But hey let's not bother about the facts.

marshallschunkychicken

He forgets to mention it in the whole piece of journalistic magic??????

Strange?

Then (when prompted ) he says he didnt want to write about rumours?

It's not a rumour? It's a fact.

Yet its a fact that many hearts fans and people in general are disgusted that he employs these types of people,yet be fails to address a major issue in his in-depth view on the situation.

Poor stuff

His use of the word rumour is in relation to the rumour that JJ had a huge falling out with Romanov over the CT situation. That is not a fact.

david mcgee

I think it is a very good well written article and obviously sits very well with a large section of our support.

However it could never be described as balanced because the writer has managed to gloss over very professionaly all the numerous calamities that has been Romanovs tenure.

Romanov has split our support down the middle and i can fully understand both view points.

After all we still exist, are still at Tynecastle, he has supported the war memorial, McCraes battalion and our troops, so many things i appreciate.

On the other hand he has interfered with team selection, alienated fans, ex players, brought in ex offenders and defended the indefensible.

I am still no clearer where we are going with this man than the day he arrived.

I still feel we are a toy that he will kick around until hes bored, and then what?

Perhaps i am wrong and should not be a hatkicker but his PR is chronic and as fans whom he states to love we never deserve explanation.

Another thing i can thank him for is making kickback an entertaining forum because there will always be contraversy as long as he is around.

Whatever way your alegencies lie i think we should all recognise that we are all Hearts supporters and the vast majority will always attend no matter who the owner is.

Onwards and upwards.

Hopefully.

Drylaw Hearts

Let's take this one paragraph at a time.........

"If Hearts ? as they should ? progress to the play?off round of the Europa League by defeating the Hungarians of Paks on Thursday evening, their supporters will bounce out of Tynecastle in jubilant mood. And they would not have turned up at the ground armed with pitchforks. In the event that Hearts are eliminated, disquiet from the stands will be only slightly more intense than if Jim Jefferies was still the manager."

Yep.

"Hearts' greatest player, Willie Bauld, refused to set foot inside Tynecastle for years after being charged for the matchball for his testimonial game. Jim Cruickshank, their legendary goalkeeper, did not enter the ground at all after walking out in 1977 amid similarly poor treatment. Neither matter stopped fans from following their team."

Yep. Except I don't actually see many people threatening to stop going after this latest saga.

"Vladimir Romanov's decision to remove Jefferies on Monday has begun the latest barrage of abuse towards the Lithuanian owner about his trigger-happy ways. Once again that viewpoint is not fully representative of the people who actually pay to watch Hearts week on week.

The majority are probably perplexed by the Jefferies sacking but a meaningful, game-attending group have other thoughts. As "Mad Vlad's" decisions go, this is not even comparable to the one which saw George Burley jettisoned in 2005."

I think EM is right that the majority of fans are perplexed (to say the least) by the sacking but there is a smaller group who agree it was the right thing to do - I also think a tiny fraction of this group thought that JJ should be removed from his position prior to it happening.

I agree with most of this but i would also say that when there is something VR wants to say he exaggerates by uses phrases such as 'the mafia' etc to sensationalise the point he's trying to make.

"This time the natural reaction was to defend a well-liked and respected Scottish manager. Lost in the melee is that Jefferies has lasted at least six months longer than some publicly declared he would."

Just because JJ lasted longer than some people thought doesn't withdraw their right to defend the decision to sack him.

"The decision to dispense with his services is questionable and the timing even more so. Romanov's sanctioning of the signing of four players over the close season belies the theory that Jefferies's card had been marked for a while. Yet the manager's replacement, Paulo Sergio, knew enough about the Hearts squad when meeting them for the first time on Tuesday to suggest his arrival in Edinburgh was not agreed hours or days ago."

Yep. Pretty much what most sensible cats have been saying since the news broke.

"Hints of what may lie ahead appeared in May. At that stage, Romanov hit out about a "weak" end to last season. He had a case; Hearts claimed third place but displayed poor form after January, which ensured they only edged out Dundee United ? whose resources they dwarf ? from an earlier position of 23 points clear.

Today Hearts' SPL record shows one win in 14 games. It is harsh to merge seasons when considering such statistics but that has not stopped other managers in Scotland ? the former Hibernian boss John Hughes among them ? from being judged in the same context. Jefferies's best defence involves what restrictions were placed on him with regards to team selection."

Again....Yep. That last sentence in particular should not be overlooked.

"There was a similar outcry to now when his first Hearts tenure was ended by an unpopular chief executive, Chris Robinson, a decade ago. Days before that Hearts defeated Aberdeen 3-0; in previous matches they had suffered heavy home defeats by Celtic and St Johnstone, and also suffered a 6-2 thumping at Hibs.

Back then, a scratch of the surface would reveal supporters who were not reduced to tears by the change. The recurring theme is concern regarding the overall running of the club ? in 2001 under Robinson, in 2011 by Romanov."

The 2 sackings were completely different imo. CPR was bang-on getting rid of JJ back then as he had clearly taken us as far as he could and he looked disheartened towards the end. This time around we are 3 games into a season with 2 of the 3 results more than acceptable imo.

"The Lithuanian's regular blasting of all things Scottish football does not sit well with his many detractors. The veil of secrecy surrounding events at Tynecastle is of frustration to others. Still, none of those who take gratuitous pops at Romanov's regime have the knowledge or bravery to supply back-up evidence of what his endgame or overriding motivation may be."

How would they ever be able to get evidence ?

It is clear he has made some ridiculous decisions in the past 7 years and deserves the majority of the criticism that he receives.

Just look at the way he's handled this situation and the Craig Thomson debacle. Look all the way back to his very first glaring error in demanding Miko stayed with the club when he breached a direct order by the new Manager. He just can't let go of the reigns no matter how many costly errors he makes.

"The blunt truth is that, before the tycoon's arrival in Edinburgh, Hearts were financially kaput but for an utterly flawed plan to relocate to Murrayfield. If the doors are closed at Tynecastle tomorrow, Hearts would have survived for seven years more than they were entitled to do. Within that time they have claimed another Scottish Cup, finished second in the league and competed regularly in Europe.

Hearts as a business, at Tynecastle and in their present state, would be unsustainable without the support of the Ukio Bankas Investment Group; the only, not just the best, reply to questions as to why supporters do not protest en masse."

VR's financial support cannot possibly be ignored. This support gives him every right to do what the hell he wants but it doesn't mean what he does is even close to be right for the club.

"Hibs have had five managers in as many years, not including caretakers. Dundee United dispensed with coaching staff like they were going out of fashion before Craig Levein arrived in 2006. Neither club received the vitriol which is flung Hearts' way."

Whilst this is true I'd also suggest than neither club have attacked the media in the way VR has.

Funny yet no proper answer

Ok I'll tell you with short words as best I can

"Plural" means more than one thing

"Convicted Kiddy Fiddlers" is a "plural" and so means more than one "Convicted Kiddy Fiddler"

I said Craig Thomson was not a "Convicted Kiddy Fiddler" so your use of the "plural" was not right as there was not more than one

You read that post and said that Rix was a "Convicted Kiddy Fiddler"

Rix is only one man. You used the "plural" which meant two or more

This let me know me that you did not know what was meant

So I thought you did not see what "plural" meant.

If you had you would not have said what you said

Ewan Murray said that people "exaggerate" things that Vlad does when they don't like them

"Exaggerate" is a big word but it means to say there are more of things than there are

Wen you say there are more than one things when there is only one you are "Exaggerating"

* so are "monosyllabic" and "patronise" you might want to look them up and then use them if you reply

Buffalo Bill

The article is a well constructed and diligently argued piece of rhetoric, tellingly directed towards the writer's own peers within the media.

Sadly, such journalism is wasted on those throbbers at Radio Scotland and the Daily Record.

Think TC's grammar is poor!

'me know me' ?!?!

Have you ever tried writing sustained monosyllabic prose? It's pretty tough going.

I've a renewed respect for people who write books for toddlers

Guess The Crowd

Fine article - proving that if you text your mates for some extra snippets, you can come up with a masterpiece! :thumbsup:

Have you ever tried writing sustained monosyllabic prose? It's pretty tough going.

I've a renewed respect for people who write books for toddlers

Ha ha... Just pilling yer plonker

HEARTS FOREVER

Ok I'll tell you with short words as best I can

"Plural" means more than one thing

"Convicted Kiddy Fiddlers" is a "plural" and so means more than one "Convicted Kiddy Fiddler"

I said Craig Thomson was not a "Convicted Kiddy Fiddler" so your use of the "plural" was not right as there was not more than one

You read that post and said that Rix was a "Convicted Kiddy Fiddler"

Rix is only one man. You used the "plural" which meant two or more

This let me know me that you did not know what was meant

So I thought you did not see what "plural" meant.

If you had you would not have said what you said

Ewan Murray said that people "exaggerate" things that Vlad does when they don't like them

"Exaggerate" is a big word but it means to say there are more of things than there are

Wen you say there are more than one things when there is only one you are "Exaggerating"

* so are "monosyllabic" and "patronise" you might want to look them up and then use them if you reply

Yes your very funny indeed.

Rix was a convicted kiddie fiddler

Employed by Romanov and you think that that's ok.

Craig Thomson is on the sex offenders list and is still employed by your idol.........and you think thats ok.

You can quote me all the pish you want but those are facts..........oh and you thinks its ok.

mod delete

BobbyJenkins

Yes your very funny indeed.

Rix was a convicted kiddie fiddler

Employed by Romanov and you think that that's ok.

Craig Thomson is on the sex offenders list and is still employed by your idol.........and you think thats ok.

You can quote me all the pish you want but those are facts..........oh and you thinks its ok.

Says a lot about you ya muppet.

I think this says more about you, no offence like. thumbsup.gif

In the picture accompanying the article, is JJ making a rude gesture, or is that secret code to the Pitchfork Brigade?

colinmaroon

Beat me to it!

And what is the legal situation with libel on the internet?

That's the sort of balanced reporting that will actually get me buying the Guardian.

Bravo Mr Murray. A credit to your profession.

This article actually restores my faith in journalism in this country.

Archived