Ewan Murray's Guardian piece.

bistokid

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely marvellous piece. Good god, a journo who can THINK.

whatever next?

Commander Harris

Brilliant stuff. should be required reading for the glasgow hacks.

maybe its because hes one step removed from the Scottish media at the Guardian, maybe its because hes a Jambo but Ewan Murray generally talks good sense when it comes to Hearts

...a bit disco

Says it like it is.

'Hibs have had five managers in as many years, not including caretakers

. Dundee United dispensed with coaching staff like they were going out of

fashion before Craig Levein arrived in 2006. Neither club received the vitriol

which is flung Hearts' way.'

:thumbsup:

Tommy Wiseau

Analysis? From a Scottish football journalist?

I'm calling shenanigans on this one.

Carl Fredrickson

I do not think that I have ever commented on an article in the media before. Having read that article I must congratulate Mr Murray on an excellent balanced article. :thumbsup:

Outstanding piece by Ewan. Forget for a moment that he is a Hearts supporter, in any case this article wasnt produced from such a viewpoint anyway. Rather look at it from the angle that everything he writes is fact, not throuugh anti or pro Hearts agendas and you will see that sense has finally prevailed in the Scottish Media. For now. I doubt many others will follow suit of course!

Bravo Ewan.

Should be required reading by the pitchfork brigade that appears on here time to time.

Excellent piece imo.

The only critisism i would have is the use of the phrase, one half of Edinburgh, surely he knows that more than one half of the football support in Edinburgh follow Hearts!

Excellent article from Ewan.

Suggesting the Scottish press and media have it in for Hearts.

Putting a balance on the whole situation at Tynecastle.

Other Scottish newspapers and journalists live in the Guardians shadow.

ToadKiller Dog

Top drawer .

He describes what i imagine how the real majority of hearts fans are thinking rather than the reactionary screaming heads that the beeb and others seem to point to .

Excellent piece, while i dont agree with the decision to remove JJ, this article hits the nail on head and sums up how most Hearts fans I know, feel.

Much better than the coverage from the gutter press.

An extremely balanced and honest view of what is really going on.

Vlad is treated like a pantomime baddie by the media most of the time, the graphic of the club crest with a crack through it was out in force again today across the red tops.

Why did this not happen after the Huns lost 3 out of 4 pre season matches, drew their championship opener and got beaten in Europe?

Oh that's right, I remember now, its because they are Glasgow Rangers and we are just a club from the capital who are owned by a foreigner who the media don't like too much as he speaks his mind rather than having pet journalists like Messers Murray & McCann did.

Quality journalism about our club for once!

Chad Sexington

Should be required reading for all the knee jerking, mouth foamers who have infested this place since yesterday.

A superb article. :thumbsup:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Should also be paid particular attention to by the usually excellent Graham Spiers, who let himself down badly yesterday.

Brilliant,simply brilliant. I might print that off and carry around copies for when dough ball supporters of other teams ask daft questions or come out with stupid statements about Hearts.

Thunderstruck

As I said this morning, the only journalist worth reading. I will have that framed and on the office wall.

NewYorkJambo

Putting aside the content of the article for a second, one of the most impressive things is that Ewan Murray takes the time to actually respond to people commenting on The Guardian site. He doesn't just respond to those that agree with him, but rather questions and replies to people that don't.

He should be applauded for this.

kingantti1874

Can we just sticky this article please save us all the bother of replying to the roasters continually... We can just refer them to this article

Seymour M Hersh

Rather large assumption that said hacks can actually read CH.

What a fantastic article from one of the few Scottish journos worth listening to. Though im a fan of Spiers, his reaction on Twitter yesterday was shocking and Ewan rightly put him in his place. Pity we cant get more like this.

kingantti1874

And still all the flanges contaminating other threads are avoiding this one - what are we at now about 40 posts and not one person can come up with anything contradictory...

Chad Sexington

And still all the flanges contaminating other threads are avoiding this one - what are we at now about 40 posts and not one person can come up with anything contradictory...

Was about to post the same. <_<

NewYorkJambo

I'm one of those 'flanges' but didn't want to turn yet ANOTHER thread into the same as the other 50! I've made those points in all the other threads and, frankly, can't be bothered typing the same old stuff in here. Instead I chose to post on here about Ewan deserving praise for actually responding to fans' postings in the comments section below the article.

It is a very well written article even though I disagree with parts of it. But if you read my other postings I just asked for people to back up their opinions with reasoned debate which Ewan does. You don't have to agree with it to recognize it as quality journalism.

kingantti1874

None of the point you have mentioned in other threads in any way contradict any of the points in that article which is the absolute fact of the matter..

That's why the man still has support or at least tolerance from the VAST MAJORITYof fans

Ok so in short.......

Former hearts players, staff, chairman & supporters of the club saying it's shameful the way JJ has been treated, even Super Henry saying we are a playtoy to Vlad it seems at times = roasters pandering to the west coast media.

One journo says the opposite and makes a few comparisons to make it sound better and it's marvelous.

Fair enough. There's really no point in anyone with a difference of opinion posting on the thread because it's full of sympathizers.

Ok so in short.......

Former hearts players, staff, chairman & supporters of the club saying it's shameful the way JJ has been treated, even Super Henry saying we are a playtoy to Vlad it seems at times = roasters pandering to the west coast media.

One journo says the opposite and makes a few comparisons to make it sound better and it's marvelous.

Fair enough. There's really no point in anyone with a difference of opinion posting on the thread because it's full of sympathizers.

003.JPG

None of the point you have mentioned in other threads in any way contradict any of the points in that article which is the absolute fact of the matter..

That's why the man still has support or at least tolerance from the VAST MAJORITYof fans

I do think this place goes into hagiography a bit too much though. Every decision Romanov makes is worthy if scrutiny as he is the man in charge. But there are people on here who can not admit when he's made a fud of it. As there are people who never give him credit.

Francis Albert

One refreshing thing about Murray's article is his acknowledgent that in shafting people, including "heroes", Vlad is simply maintaining the traditions of our club.

ROMANOV FAN CLUB

A journalist who speaks the truth as rare as rocking horse sh**

Don't think I've enjoyed reading a article since Vlad took over but this one is just so honest and too the point

Ok so in short.......

I think all Ewan has done is point out some hypocrisy and that Romanov often gets criticised for who he is rather than what he's actually done.

I think this decision is balls but each case on its merits and all that.

Ok so in short.......

Why is it always the ant-Vlad people who don't accept other people's views?

Why is it always the ant-Vlad people who don't accept other people's views?

You sure about that?

Check the views of the Scotland manager, our former chairman, former players, supporters of the club all being dissed and ridiculed by people who love Vlad.

Why does there have to be a pro/anti Vlad? I think Vlad has done fantastically at Hearts some of the time since coming in, he saved the club won us the cup and I'm extremely chuffed this has happened. It doesn't mean I'm forever in his debt of gratitude though and if he does stuff that effects the club then I'll disagree with it instead of finding excuse after excuse, ripping into everyone who disagrees with the opinions of people who don't agree with Vlad.

Archived