Over the moon

ToYouToMe

Steven.Hodge

Every single one of these threads I read transcends from opinions regarding the Jefferies situation, into more or less a slagging match.

Tokyo Drifter

I genuinely cannot see how Romanov thinks this guy is going to be better than JJ - that's better as in:

1/ knows the Scottish game,

2/ can do the necessary deals to bring good players to Tynecastle for no money

3/ can motivate the players who do come

4/ has the club's best interests at heart

I am more sorry about the nature of JJ's departure, rather than the departure itself. He was no great shakes as a manager, tactically niaive quite often and seemed to rely more on his ability to encourage players to perform rather than to plan how to beat the oppostion. As a player for Hearts he was a whole hearted player and no one could question his commitment to the club but he was nothing special. A Jambo through and through certainly but nothing more. I know this probably sounds like being wise after the event but it is my honest opinion.

this pretty much sums it up for me, although I think "jambo through and through and nothing more" is a little harsh. JJ was good for us after the depression that Csaba left the whole club in but the above summary of his skills as a manager is spot on in my opinion.

Hopefully Paulo Sergio will be able to push us into the next level, which for us is cementing ourselves as the third best side and pushing closer to the old firm. With our budget we should be able to regularly put three goals past the lesser teams in the division and should certainly be a lot harder to take points off of, let alone beat, at home.

I am more sorry about the nature of JJ's departure, rather than the departure itself. He was no great shakes as a manager, tactically niaive quite often and seemed to rely more on his ability to encourage players to perform rather than to plan how to beat the oppostion. As a player for Hearts he was a whole hearted player and no one could question his commitment to the club but he was nothing special. A Jambo through and through certainly but nothing more. I know this probably sounds like being wise after the event but it is my honest opinion.

this pretty much sums it up for me, although I think "jambo through and through and nothing more" is a little harsh. JJ was good for us after the depression that Csaba left the whole club in but the above summary of his skills as a manager is spot on in my opinion.

Hopefully Paulo Sergio will be able to push us into the next level, which for us is cementing ourselves as the third best side and pushing closer to the old firm. With our budget we should be able to regularly put three goals past the lesser teams in the division and should certainly be a lot harder to take points off of, let alone beat, at home.

I genuinely cannot see how Romanov thinks this guy is going to be better than JJ - that's better as in:

1/ knows the Scottish game,

2/ can do the necessary deals to bring good players to Tynecastle for no money

3/ can motivate the players who do come

4/ has the club's best interests at heart

Bullshit. The only time the players looked motivated was when we were playing Hibs.

Toxteth O'Grady

How did we finish 3rd last season then?

How did he improve us with Csaba's team?

Over the moon??

http://www.portugoal.net/index.php/more-sporting-news/21445-sporting-sack-paulo-sergio

Really?

This doesn't sound too promising

"But Sergio has also been roundly criticised for failing to settle on a system of play and constantly juggling the starting XI. Whether Sporting?s chronic inconsistency this season has resulted from that policy or is a necessary consequence of the poor results is open to debate."

Archived