Over the moon

ToYouToMe

I have seen a lot of people say they are not bothered, others crying, others calling for Vlad's head, but.....

Am I the only person who is absolutely delighted to see the back of JJ and BB? And delighted to see the appointment of a coach who has worked in a far better league than the joke that is the SPL and who, when employed as a football manager to win games (surely that is the point?), might actually strive to do that and not say that a 1-0 defeat to a depleted Dundee United side was a satisfactory result.

So, if you share my sheer delight at the last 24 hours developments, please express yourself here.

I have seen a lot of people say they are not bothered, others crying, others calling for Vlad's head, but.....

Am I the only person who is absolutely delighted to see the back of JJ and BB? And delighted to see the appointment of a coach who has worked in a far better league than the joke that is the SPL and who, when employed as a football manager to win games (surely that is the point?), might actually strive to do that and not say that a 1-0 defeat to a depleted Dundee United side was a satisfactory result.

So, if you share my sheer delight at the last 24 hours developments, please express yourself here.

worked in a better league - yes. been successful in it - no.

and where exactly did JJ say it was a satisfactory result against Dundee Utd?

Buffalo Bill

You're only allowed to post in this thread if you agree with the OP.

Discussion/debate isn't welcome.

Notorious BIG

I am delighted, sick off 4 - 5 - 1, sick of same old every week, cant remember last time we played 4 - 4 - 2, yes hees a legend but cant say im bothered about him leaving tbh

I am delighted, sick off 4 - 5 - 1, sick of same old every week, cant remember last time we played 4 - 4 - 2, yes hees a legend but cant say im bothered about him leaving tbh

Oh dear. We played 4-4-2 on Saturday. I'd like to see us continue with 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. Although a decent central midfielder would certainly help.

david mcgee

worked in a better league - yes. been successful in it - no.

and where exactly did JJ say it was a satisfactory result against Dundee Utd?

JJ worked in the English Premier league, slightly better than the Portuguese league, no?

Pretty sure someone posted on another thread that this is PS's preferred formation with two defencive mid-fielders,time will tell though and I'm pretty sure we played a 4-4-2 formation against Dundee UTD.

peebles jambo

wouldn't say i was delighted at JJs departure, probably only because he's a jambo, had anyone else been in charge we would have been shouting for his head a while ago, probably the right time (thereabouts) for a change, but if mad fud wasn't happy wi JJ he should've sacked him before the season started IMO

JJ worked in the English Premier league, slightly better than the Portuguese league, no?

Fair point. No exactly a roaring success there, but aye.

, had anyone else been in charge we would have been shouting for his head a while ago, probably the right time (thereabouts) for a change.

This has been said a lot. I think it's rubbish though. At what point would we have been shouting for another manager's head in that run?

Robbo-Jambo

So what is your view of the timing of all the changes. Ideal ?. Why not the end of last season rather than let JJ bring in his own players who obviously Romanov sanctioned. Something to with the worry of how season tickets might go maybe. <_<

letsalllaughathobos

Iam on that same train buddy, i think it is a superb move and one that will take us forward.

:trippin:

Never one for pictures smileys but in this case, needs must.

facepalm.png

I am more sorry about the nature of JJ's departure, rather than the departure itself. He was no great shakes as a manager, tactically niaive quite often and seemed to rely more on his ability to encourage players to perform rather than to plan how to beat the oppostion. As a player for Hearts he was a whole hearted player and no one could question his commitment to the club but he was nothing special. A Jambo through and through certainly but nothing more. I know this probably sounds like being wise after the event but it is my honest opinion.

My opinion, is that anyone absolutely delighted that JJ and BB are gone is a mammoth roaster.

Just as well your opinion is worth nothing then.

:vrface:

:sob:

Luton Jambo

Too early to say if I am delighted but I am certainly leaning in that direction.

The Comedian

A bit like yours.

Just saying like.

:smug:

Oh no. The cutting use of a smiley face. That's me told then i guess.

pettigrewsstylist

jury is out of Sergio as yet of course, but not overly dissapointed

would have liked JJ to go upstairs as i think young guys in our wageband in Scotland would have related to him more if we were trying to get their signature

im thinking a kinda david templeton situation where he ends up at Utd or OF instead of us

Just a thought that a well known SPL face might have helped IMHO

linkin- hearts

wouldn't say i was delighted at JJs departure, probably only because he's a jambo, had anyone else been in charge we would have been shouting for his head a while ago, probably the right time (thereabouts) for a change, but if mad fud wasn't happy wi JJ he should've sacked him before the season started IMO

Well said, totally agree with you

quincy adams wagstaff

Well said, totally agree with you

let's face fact's,one win in fourteen aint good enough,i would have sacked whoever signed the crock andy w ages ago,waste of a wage.

After The Watershed

My opinion, is that anyone absolutely delighted that JJ and BB are gone is a mammoth roaster.

My opinion, is that anyone that suggets anyone delighted that JJ and BB are gone is a mammoth roaster must be the biggest mammoth roaster ever!!!!

Is that what you have to do on here?

The OP makes a fair point and gives his opinion. The love of JJ on here is making me sick. Yes a great Hearts manager in 98 but now? We were walking third place and close to the old firm then boom - scrape third. Lets be honest we didn't deserve third. Dundee Utd did and proved the point on Sunday.

Thanks for the hard work JJ but I'm not sorry your gone.

My opinion, is that anyone that suggets anyone delighted that JJ and BB are gone is a mammoth roaster must be the biggest mammoth roaster ever!!!!

The OP makes a fair point and gives his opinion. The love of JJ on here is making me sick. Yes a great Hearts manager in 98 but now? We were walking third place and close to the old firm then boom - scrape third. Lets be honest we didn't deserve third. Dundee Utd did and proved the point on Sunday.

Does the love of vlad and all he does make you sick as well?

The Comedian

Oh FFS!

So let me get this right, Dundee deserved 3rd last season because they beat us this season?

:Vlad-Stupid:

After The Watershed

Does the love of vlad and all he does make you sick as well?

Yes. Anything else?

Mac_fae_Gillie

Its Timing and treatment of JJ that annoy me.

No arguement team was dire end of last season and considering we strengthened more than most off season,why no goals from open play??

Paksi and Utd are not our equals yet both performed well.

Our play isn't terrible it is very promising but we just don't seem to click.

I pray this new guy gets us playing to maximum potention.

sad to see JJ go but he was going to be on thin ice after end of last season,just didn't think it was that thin.

but I suppose sooner rather than later could do us a favour,could also end Europe for us.

Certainly not delighted by Jefferies being sacked, but I understand it. I'm also relatively pleased by the replacement and the speed with which his appointment was made.

We won more points than United over the course of the season. How did we not deserve third?

After The Watershed

Oh FFS!

So let me get this right, Dundee deserved 3rd last season because they beat us this season?

:Vlad-Stupid:

Well look at our budget and performances then look at Utd. Not just because they won on Sunday the end to last season they deserved it.

I am DELIGHTED. You are not alone my friend. :thumbsup:

JJ shot himself in the foot by taking it off the gas when we were 15 points or so in front of 4th.

I'm glad to see the back of Hoofball. :woot:

After The Watershed

Why didn't we deserve to be third?

Just my opinion at the end of the season we were not third best and thought Utd were.

This has been said a lot. I think it's rubbish though. At what point would we have been shouting for another manager's head in that run?

A the end of the season when we couldnt muster a win in the split would have been the ideal time for me

Why didn't we deserve to be third?

Well, United have actually beaten us the last three times we have played and anyone who saw us stagger over the finishing line for third knows that the only reason Dundee United did not catch us is that they had a massive games backlog and at one point had to play four games in eight days. I think that the fact they then dismantled their team and came to Tynecastle with a threadbare squad and beat us (deservedly) suggests that they were very unlucky to miss out on third. More importantly, it strongly pointed to no improvement in our performance under JJ.

Well, United have actually beaten us the last three times we have played and anyone who saw us stagger over the finishing line for third knows that the only reason Dundee United did not catch us is that they had a massive games backlog and at one point had to play four games in eight days. I think that the fact they then dismantled their team and came to Tynecastle with a threadbare squad and beat us (deservedly) suggests that they were very unlucky to miss out on third. More importantly, it strongly pointed to no improvement in our performance under JJ.

What if we were behind DUFC and went on that 12 game unbeaten run at the end of the season and pipped them on the second last day of the season,would they still have deserved to be third?

We had more points than them FFS that is how things work in a league set up.

After The Watershed

What he said

The Comedian

Three points on the first day count just as much as on the last yeah?

Over the WHOLE season we accumulated more points than United yeah?

Where did we finish again?

:smuggy:

they won the 4 games in 8 days did they not? They were also only ever 18 points behind us because they had 4 games in hand.

They finished where they deserved to, as did we.

they won the 4 games in 8 days did they not? They were also only ever 18 points behind us because they had 4 games in hand.

They finished where they deserved to, as did we.

I think he's onto something here,lets not give out points,instead lets just decide who comes where because of how well they have done against any random team,that would work would it not,this points system that everyone uses is so 20th century.

Why would anyone be 'absolutely delighted' that Jefferies is gone? He had one full season at Hearts and we finished 3rd. Regardless of United's late good form and our poor run, we amassed enough points over the season to achieve 3rd, therefore we deserved it. Why is our good run to be dismissed and theirs lauded?

What's really disappointing is the amount of revisionist bullsh*t being spouted that is symptomatic of KB these days. I can't recall anyone claiming they'd have been delighted at the prospect of JJ leaving after the game at Ibrox or a half decent draw in Hungary, but all of a sudden folk start spouting '1 win in 14' because it conveniently gives an excuse to justify another poor decision from Vlad. I'm not claiming Jefferies was perfect, far from it. And I'm not even bothered about folk saying they aren?t too upset at him leaving. But whether you thought his results were good enough or not, I still see no reason to express 'sheer delight' at seeing a good servant go at short notice. So aye, if the mammoth roaster hat fits then tough luck.

After The Watershed

Why would anyone be 'absolutely delighted' that Jefferies is gone? He had one full season at Hearts and we finished 3rd. Regardless of United's late good form and our poor run, we amassed enough points over the season to achieve 3rd, therefore we deserved it. Why is our good run to be dismissed and theirs lauded?

What's really disappointing is the amount of revisionist bullsh*t being spouted that is symptomatic of KB these days. I can't recall anyone claiming they'd have been delighted at the prospect of JJ leaving after the game at Ibrox or a half decent draw in Hungary, but all of a sudden folk start spouting '1 win in 14' because it conveniently gives an excuse to justify another poor decision from Vlad. I'm not claiming Jefferies was perfect, far from it. And I'm not even bothered about folk saying they aren?t too upset at him leaving. But whether you thought his results were good enough or not, I still see no reason to express 'sheer delight' at seeing a good servant go at short notice. So aye, if the mammoth roaster hat fits then tough luck.

Strange fellow you are. I didn't say I was delighted. I wasn't called the mammoth roaster unless you are suggesting I am?

Strange fellow you are. I didn't say I was delighted. I wasn't called the mammoth roaster unless you are suggesting I am?

You took umbrage at my response to the OP which is why I responded to you. Nothing strange about that.

After The Watershed

You took umbrage at my response to the OP which is why I responded to you. Nothing strange about that.

Its the name calling. The OP just gave his opinion. Maybe he is on the wind up? No need for the name calling. So childish and to much of it on KB

Archived