Paulo Sergio confirmed

tartofmidlothian

I will be amazed if he lasts the season. Hope I'm wrong, but history suggests not!

Well if you put his history of moving from club to club throughout his senior career as player and manager(18 clubs in 25 years) and our ability to get rid of managers/coaches at a whim then you have a fairly valid point.

Pleased with the appointment and wish the guy the best of luck.

Over 4 weeks to assess the squad and maybe bring one or two in, we definitely need a centre half.

I wonder how close Jeffries was to losing his job when Mr Romanov made his statements at the end of last season.

I'll gladly take him, i was worried we were going to end up with the Kaunas Manager to be honest

yeah, last time we had a Kaunas manager we ended up with that stupid trophy :rolleyes:

Jambothroughandthrough

Paulo Sergio de boas-vindas ao capital da Esc?cia, da cidade de Edimburgo. Tenho certeza que voc? vai ser um sucesso em cora??es e desejo-lhe tudo de melhor.

Um grande obrigado ao JJ e BB para tudo que voc? tem feito para cora??es.

I just don't understand this decision. It's plain nuts. I wonder how John Sutton, Jamie Hamill, Mehdi Taouil & Danny Grainger are feeling, having been convinced to join only a few weeks ago by JJ, now they've got a new gaffer and they've only played max 3 competitive games!! Why back your manager all through the summer, and then boot him after 2 games?

Whether Paulo Sergio turns out to be any good or not is irrelevant, because he could get his jotters at the drop of a hat, days before a massively important game. I, for one, am fed up of this megalomaniac taking it upon himself to make crazy decisions, that affect thousands of others, without a hint of an explanation. He's happier standing by a convicted sex offender, or two, than he is supporting good honest men like JJ and BB!

So, welcome, I guess, Paulo, but forgive me for not jumping for joy at this news. And don't get too comfy.....

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Welcome Paulo.

Media will be gutted JJ handled this so gracefully. Top man, wish him all the best. A wee part of me feels he might just regret not taking the DoF job. Hope he gets a manager post somewhere.

tartofmidlothian

I just don't understand this decision. It's plain nuts. I wonder how John Sutton, Jamie Hamill, Mehdi Taouil & Danny Grainger are feeling, having been convinced to join only a few weeks ago by JJ, now they've got a new gaffer and they've only played max 3 competitive games!! Why back your manager all through the summer, and then boot him after 2 games?

Whether Paulo Sergio turns out to be any good or not is irrelevant, because he could get his jotters at the drop of a hat, days before a massively important game. I, for one, am fed up of this megalomaniac taking it upon himself to make crazy decisions, that affect thousands of others, without a hint of an explanation. He's happier standing by a convicted sex offender, or two, than he is supporting good honest men like JJ and BB!

So, welcome, I guess, Paulo, but forgive me for not jumping for joy at this news. And don't get too comfy.....

I wonder how Hamill and Taouil felt about playing under Mixu after JJ left Killie?

They got used to it, as I recall.

Serious question,how many games does PS get to get it right,what if (and don't start the "oh I bet you hope he fails"crap)he starts loosing game after game,or not winning to be more accurate as that is what JJ's heinous crime was.

I'm prepared to give him a chance but I still can't suffer our horrible unfortunate owner.

Paulo Sergio de boas-vindas ao capital da Esc?cia, da cidade de Edimburgo. Tenho certeza que voc? vai ser um sucesso em cora??es e desejo-lhe tudo de melhor.

Um grande obrigado ao JJ e BB para tudo que voc? tem feito para cora??es.

stop being a welt.

tartofmidlothian

Serious question,how many games does PS get to get it right,what if (and don't start the "oh I bet you hope he fails"crap)he starts loosing game after game,or not winning to be more accurate as that is what JJ's heinous crime was.

I'm prepared to give him a chance but I still can't suffer our horrible unfortunate owner.

A season seems fair. Am happy for managers who lose game after game to be punted though.

rudi must stay

I wonder how Hamill and Taouil felt about playing under Mixu after JJ left Killie?

They got used to it, as I recall.

after JJ left Calderwood came in and they struggled..

A season seems fair. Am happy for managers who lose game after game to be punted though.

What if he doesn't do well in Europe and doesn't get at least third,will it then become a great appointment?

Playing devils advocate here,that is all,no agenda,was it worth the risk?

tartofmidlothian

after JJ left Calderwood came in and they struggled..

Didn't he save them from relegation?

Just making a general point, though. If Paulo and his team are decent guys who know what they're talking about, the players should respond.

tartofmidlothian

What if he doesn't do well in Europe and doesn't get at least third,will it then become a great appointment?

Playing devils advocate here,that is all,no agenda,was it worth the risk?

It's a what if situation, can't really say. To break it down:

I expect the squad we have to finish 3rd this season, if any manager did less it would be a disappointment.

To be honest we can't really do any worse than we did last season in the domestic cups.

Must admit I think we're now better placed to do well in Europe. We really should get through this tie, and getting beyond the group stages would be astounding. As for actually getting to the groups, it just depends who we face.

So if Paulo takes us to 3rd place, that's the minimum I expected from JJ and he's succeeded in living up to it. Anything else is a bonus (although I think Vlad expects a decent run in Europe, that's the whole reason for the new manager).

rudi must stay

Didn't he save them from relegation?

Just making a general point, though. If Paulo and his team are decent guys who know what they're talking about, the players should respond.

just. And a season later they finished 5th. Depends if the players are open minded, it doesn't matter how good a manager you are if the players don't listen to your ideas then the team won't improve.

It's a what if situation, can't really say. To break it down:

I expect the squad we have to finish 3rd this season, if any manager did less it would be a disappointment.

To be honest we can't really do any worse than we did last season in the domestic cups.

Must admit I think we're now better placed to do well in Europe. We really should get through this tie, and getting beyond the group stages would be astounding. As for actually getting to the groups, it just depends who we face.

So if Paulo takes us to 3rd place, that's the minimum I expected from JJ and he's succeeded in living up to it. Anything else is a bonus (although I think Vlad expects a decent run in Europe, that's the whole reason for the new manager).

Well there you go JJ has a great record in european comps for us,so if that is his gripe perhaps he should have looked further into it before reacting,but alas I think there is more to it than just results on a saturday afternoon.

Anyway lets see what the guy is made of,lets see how he can handle vlad.

Cannot see any reason in replacing JJ with somebody else who's target is to achieve the same thing, surely the only reason would be to improve on what JJ had achieved? If that is the case, what on earth is The Mental One expecting of this new manager?!?! Unless he signs a few top class international players that can consistently deliver the goods to compete with the OF, then I don't see how he can expect any better than 3rd. OK, better runs in the domestic cups, but even if we'd made QF/SF in one or both, it really wouldn't have made a huge difference to our season as a whole.

Archived