Paulo Sergio confirmed

tartofmidlothian

and JJ turns down the DoF post, as I think we all really expected him to do. The man has too much pride to accept what has been done to him and his management team.

Thanks for the memories Jim.

The other article with the comments from JJ, absolute class from him. I am sad to see him go for sentimental reasons but onwards and upwards hopefully

rudi must stay

and JJ turns down the DoF post, as I think we all really expected him to do. The man has too much pride to accept what has been done to him and his management team.

from reading his comments it looks to me like he has accepted it.

:yas:

extremely pleased that this guy has been confirmed. at the very least it means there is no period of uncertainty without anyone in charge.

nobody can say with any degree of certainty whether or not the guy will be a success. he comes with a decent and promising pedigree so there is plenty of room for hope and excitement.

Buffalo Bill

A big thanks to the out-going Jim Jefferies and Billy Brown.

Welcome to Heart of Midlothian, Paulo Sergio and best of luck in the job.

The other article with the comments from JJ, absolute class from him. I am sad to see him go for sentimental reasons but onwards and upwards hopefully

My thoughts too, JJ handles himself with dignity and class at all times. Sad that he didn't want the DoF job, would have brought that same class to the role.

Tommy Wiseau

It's an imaginative appointment. It's ambitious, in that only the Old Firm could look to bring in a manager of that pedigree other than us in the country. He gets his teams playing passing football. Most importantly, he wears a suit well, has a side part and a bit of designer stubble.

For those reasons, deal me in.

Cut The Crap

Must be some payoff to elicit such a measured response from oor Jim. Wish him and his team all the best. They deserved better.

Paulo Sergio? Know nothing about him other than the modest record I've read about on here in the past 24 hours. Can only hope for the best!

Welcome Paulo and good luck. You're going to need it. :whistling:

Captain Scarlett

Paulo,welcome to the madhouse that is Vladamir Romanov F.C.I wouldn't bother unpacking your suitcase just yet as the owner has a little habit of showing the odd manager or two the door.I really hope it works out for you and you can muster up this squad to challenge at the top of the SPL and at least win one of the cups this season.If you are sucessful then maybe just maybe you can rent a house/flat on a longer lease.I wish you and your coaching staff the best for the coming season and could you ask V.R if he has any pennies left for a few players? Thanks very much.

Gigolo-Aunt

Paulo,welcome to the madhouse that is Vladamir Romanov F.C.I wouldn't bother unpacking your suitcase just yet as the owner has a little habit of showing the odd manager or two the door.I really hope it works out for you and you can muster up this squad to challenge at the top of the SPL and at least win one of the cups this season.If you are sucessful then maybe just maybe you can rent a house/flat on a longer lease.I wish you and your coaching staff the best for the coming season and could you ask V.R if he has any pennies left for a few players? Thanks very much.

Put a sock in it, Keevans.

Tommy Wiseau

1273681137treniruote18.jpg

You decide. :thumbsup:

article-0-0BE857CD00000578-349_634x500.jpg

AllyMcCoist_468x408.jpg

_51506122_scup_celvran_020311_ft.jpg

1389071_full-lnd.jpg

Classless halfwits or a classy, suave, dapper Portu-geezer.

Malcolm Tucker

Media choke into afternoon Greggs as Jefferies leaves with kind words, and Sergei returns the favour.

Jim, unquestionable Hearts legend, and always will be.

Paulo Sergio, welcome. Wear that crisp, fitted suit with the pride and knowledge that you are now the gaffer of a great football team.

Aye and destroy the Hibs every time we play them. Every, time.

Sydney from Sydney

I googled Sergio, and Wikipedia already have him down as current coach of Hearts. They don't hang about these Wikiboys.

Jake Gittes

Two thoughts

1. Sergio is going to need the lowdown on the SPL competition / formations / tactics ;/ vulnerabilities - where will he get this from - Is Lockie being kept on to give him this?

2. Say Segio does very well - he is going to start looking beyond Hearts - maybe not this season but soon and attract attention from elsewhere as well. How long will it be before Vlad's paranoia kicks in and he too will be sacked for disloyalty / lack of trust / mind elsewhere just like Burley and we repeat the cycle again and again.

Any thoughts

Buffalo Bill

Let's hope Paulo's playing style is attacking, winning football.

Let's also hope he continues Hearts' ruthless dominance in our beloved Edinburgh derby fixture.

Good thing about being a Jambo, you dont have to wait weeks for a new manager to come in. Because it's always the next day!

Captain Scarlett

Entitled to my opinion just like everyone else and unfortunetly that's the way V.R operates.

tartofmidlothian

Good thing about being a Jambo, you dont have to wait weeks for a new manager to come in. Because it's always the next day!

Aside from the McGooathon before Csaba joined.

Cut The Crap

Two thoughts

1. Sergio is going to need the lowdown on the SPL competition / formations / tactics ;/ vulnerabilities - where will he get this from - Is Lockie being kept on to give him this?

2. Say Segio does very well - he is going to start looking beyond Hearts - maybe not this season but soon and attract attention from elsewhere as well. How long will it be before Vlad's paranoia kicks in and he too will be sacked for disloyalty / lack of trust / mind elsewhere just like Burley and we repeat the cycle again and again.

Any thoughts

1. Vlad will tell him all he needs to know.

2. Any manager or player who does well at hearts always attracts attention from bigger clubs. Craig Levein argued he didn't really want players who were happy simply to be playing at Hearts. The best we can hope for is that we get some entertainment, a run in Europe, who knows maybe even a trophy out of the decent ones before they move on to bigger things.

Sergio likes to play a solid defensive shape with two defensive midfielders, one of the reasons the sporting fans hated him. He was something of a surprise appointment to sporting and never really had a chance due to a poor squad, no transfer kitty and crisis in the boardroom, not to mention a fantastic Porto team.

Ive just had my haircut in honour of this suave portu-geezer

I suggest all the cool cats follow suit. I expect 16000 side partings at Tynie on Thursday.

1961-men-parting.jpg

Bash on.

Nelly Terraces

Well said.

Paulo will prove to be the 'Nowhere' and 'Going Blank Again' of football managers. :thumbsup:

Jake Gittes

1. Vlad will tell him all he needs to know.

2. Any manager or player who does well at hearts always attracts attention from bigger clubs. Craig Levein argued he didn't really want players who were happy simply to be playing at Hearts. The best we can hope for is that we get some entertainment, a run in Europe, who knows maybe even a trophy out of the decent ones before they move on to bigger things.

1. I hope not he has only been in Scotland 4 times in the past year!

2. Maybe I am being naive and old fashioned in hoping that we could have someone with genuine ability and a willingness to be loyal to a club which has taken him from unemployment for a period of time of say 3 / 4 years anyway - A Peter Houston for example. Maybe Sergio is that guy but his track record says otherwise. Some people on JKB thrive on this instability I do not

I suggest all the cool cats follow suit. I expect 16000 side partings at Tynie on Thursday.

1961-men-parting.jpg

Bash on.

At least we know who the team is going to be built around this season.

263937-eggert-jonsson-keen-to-set-up-tynecastle-showpiece-410x230.jpg

Jambof3tornado

1961-men-parting.jpg

Bash on.

I havent enough hair for a side parting!!!!huh.gif

Archived