Clum wants to leave

Ryan Gosling

Geoff Kilpatrick

He needs to dry his eyes and knuckle down, for his career's sake.

He isn't worthy of a starting place in the HMFC frontline, IMHO, but merits a squad place.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Goncalves is spot on - all the pi55ing around in pre-season and basically up until the new year is the reason we're 7th.

I understand where Elliot is coming from as well - alright he's not been great, but the reaction has been ott - I wouldn't be desperate to stay if my own fans were booing me, rightly or wrongly.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Goncalves is spot on - all the pi55ing around in pre-season and basically up until the new year is the reason we're 7th.

I understand where Elliot is coming from as well - alright he's not been great, but the reaction has been ott - I wouldn't be desperate to stay if my own fans were booing me, rightly or wrongly.

I agree the reaction to Elliot is out of order, but perhaps he should have considered his stupidity in his sending-off earlier in the season. That was guaranteed to get the fans' hackles up.

Commander Harris

or, an alternative headline "Elliot wants to stay"

"I want to become a first-team regular at Hearts and, if I don't do that between now and the end of the season I might have to look elsewhere.

"I might need to speak to my agent to see if it's maybe best getting a move away and becoming a regular somewhere else.

"The booing is also difficult. At times, I have not wanted to go out there because it has been that difficult, but everyone at the club has been great with me."

Ryan Gosling
or, an alternative headline "Elliot wants to stay"

Yes but no one cares about that.

:D

Commander Harris

anyone know who wrote the article, can't see a byline?

anyone know who wrote the article, can't see a byline?

Don't they usually say if no byline then it's the sports editor? Elliot should look at Miko, he gets far more stick and over a longer period of time but still tries and is getting on his game more. Simple thing for Elliot is to score, goals will get the fans liking him soon enough.

ScottishSandstorm

In all seriousness I don't think another SPL club would take him. They have all seen how pish he is in a match. Apparently he is good enough in training and has a good work-rate on the pitch so I think he could get a contract if he went on trial pre-season to a bottom championship side or a top English league 1 side. Unless he does that, I doubt his move takes him anywhere in the SPL and Scottish first division is waiting.

In my honest and professional opinion, both can go **** themselves.

Goncalves may be right but rotation has not existed at this club since December, in fact the only thing that looked slightly like rotation was something he benefitted from. Why he is bringing this up now is a complete mystery, what a tool.

Elliot needs to get a grip. Wants out if he can't get a game between now and the end of the season? What a joke. What has he done to deserve being a first team regular? This is a slap in the face to Frail who has stuck by him when it looked like nobody else would. Have fun getting the train to Ross County, Calum.

Jambof3tornado

Clum going is no loss,and Jose has become a poorer player(since his hampden head kock with CG),so to lose both would have little or no effect IMO. I detest players running to the papers and opening there big fat overpaid mouths slagging off their employers!!!I would get the boot very quickly if I publicly sounded off about my bosses!!:sad:

Guest GhostHunter

All I hear from Clum and Shaggy is about how bad we are for booing him.

Get a Grip the Pair of You.

Fecking Clowns.

"I actually belong to Kaunas FC, but I have never played for them," the defender told the newspaper.

Thats a more interesting for me. That rules out a fair bit of cash we thought the club spent on "player registrations".

From Perth to Paisley
Thats a more interesting for me. That rules out a fair bit of cash we thought the club spent on "player registrations".

Was it not his agent that told the media he been moved to Hearts as we could charge a higher fee for him than Kanaus could?

That really is sad about the comments regarding the fans booing Elliot.

Indication of how counter productive it really is (notwithstanding that he has not helped his own cause in some respects).

I will have to stop 'encouraging' Nos 28 and 29.

As for Goncalves he is right. The 'rotation' system which started mid-Rix and still lingers today is one of the reasons for the deterioration in the team. Take 2 examples - what other team would 'rotate' Craig Gordon, and what other team would promote Basso/Kurskis at the expense of Banks?

So St TRuiden not being able to afford Bes means he part of our plans.

More *****ty journalism.

Clarkserino

Spot on Jose - only a peculiar, half-arsed management team could persist on playing a muppet like you who has as much footballing ability as Stephen Hawking on sedatives (harsh but true). You should be grateful you're anywhere near the squad after the disappearing act. There are 2 left backs at the club who could play your position better, but I can think of at least 3.

Shut yer gob, don't lit the door hit your arse on the way out and enjoy your career as a long jumper.

Personally have some sympathy with Clum.

While it is debatable whether he's good enough for a first team spot, it's the manager who picks him.

Some of the grief he's recieved is way over board for a yougster.

Begs the question as to how other yougsters will fare if they don't instantly set the heather on fire.

If (big if) we get a proper management team in place, I'll happily wait and see how Clum develops.

While it is debatable whether he's good enough for a first team spot, it's the manager who picks him.

Begs the question as to how other yougsters will fare if they don't instantly set the heather on fire.

If (big if) we get a proper management team in place, I'll happily wait and see how Clum develops.

Well said.

Couldn't agree more.

Rick Grimes
All I hear from Clum and Shaggy is about how bad we are for booing him.

Get a Grip the Pair of You.

Fecking Clowns.

absolutely. the fact he refused to take responsibility for the lunges he'd been making when he was sent off earlier this season also spoke volumes for me. he's now making all the wrong noises at precisely the wrong time.

he's not got the character to knuckle down & make it at this level.

Me too. I'm not really a Clum fan but I think he has played too often in difficult circs for a youngster. (lone striker in a 4,5,1 for pity's sake) A decent manager may be able to rescue his Hearts career.

The same is true for Jose. People forget he is still an under 21 - and played very well against Dundee Utd. We complain about his positioning (drifting inside) but when Lee came back into the side he did exactly the same - so they must be working to instructions. Lee Wallace may have promise but right now Jose is the best left back we have.

Me too. I'm not really a Clum fan but I think he has played too often in difficult circs for a youngster. (lone striker in a 4,5,1 for pity's sake) A decent manager may be able to rescue his Hearts career.

The same is true for Jose. People forget he is still an under 21 - and played very well against Dundee Utd. We complain about his positioning (drifting inside) but when Lee came back into the side he did exactly the same - so they must be working to instructions. Lee Wallace may have promise but right now Jose is the best left back we have.

Have agrued thayt very point with the mates several times.

As a player, you get caught between what you think is right and what the manager tells you to do.

If the full backs are being told to tuck in all the time, you can't really blame them if we get caught out wide now and again.

You really are boring

Frankly If I was elliot I would feel the exact same, and be sick of it

I'd also put money on both Jose and Elliot going onto better things and prospering at a proper club

Elliot has his raw edges as does jose but underneath there are gems to be found

You just need to watch elliot in the reserves to see he has something others his age at this level dont

If we played to his strengths and tried to develop them as opposed to slotting him and anyone else for that matter into our ridicolous tactics we would see the benefit

Elliot will be exceptional as a 2nd man off the striker like Audrey gets all the time, yet we havent given him a chance there

He's a handful and if you accept goals will never be his game and let him play to his strengths it can only be for the good of hearts

But meh instead lets get pinilla a physio bed for another 4 years and cream ourselves about his 2 games a season and countless "injuries" which require chilean treatment

Elliot is ALWAYS whinging about something. Whinge whinge whinge moan moan moan - its always someone elses fault where he's concerned.

As for Jose - agree with everything he's said, but think that saying it at this point in time is very unprofessional / foolish.

Like Elliot is the only player that wants to leave the shambles.

Lack of management structure and abusive fans

Yup great way to progress your career.

Jose has obviously cottoned on:

How to secure release from Hearts - criticise the way the club is run.

Nothing either player says in that article can really be argued with IMO

As for Jose - agree with everything he's said, but think that saying it at this point in time is very unprofessional / foolish.

Its symptomatic mate.

The whole footballing side of the club has been full of unprofessionalism and foolishness from the top for the last 2 years.

He's only learnt how to behave from his master

200milesfromgorgie

Jose spot on with his first comments regarding rotation and miss management, but oh well those two leaving wont be a loss.

Maybe Frail won't pick clum this weekend? i joke of course

Like Elliot is the only player that wants to leave the shambles.

Lack of management structure and abusive fans

Yup great way to progress your career.

Jose has obviously cottoned on:

How to secure release from Hearts - criticise the way the club is run.

Nothing either player says in that article can really be argued with IMO

Btw I think your spot on about jose looking to engineer an exit, he was ****ed off not to leave last season and I suspect he has seen a good way of doing it now

Hagar the Horrible

Hearts ruined his career on so many levels

1. He should not have gone to Motherwell on loan, he should have gone down to Raith Rovers or Cowdenbeath? learnt his trade in the lower leagues playing competative football, he might have came back with more of a swagger?

2. Playing him as the solitary striker in a 4-5-1 when we had the best 4-4-2 in 40 years (the best balanced side ever?)

3. Kept playing him when confidence was low, and molley-coddelled him when he should have been told a few hard truths?

4. Playing him in the SPL? He is not a footballer, he does not have a first touch, cant take defenders on? cant pass, cant shoot, cant header? all he has is he is a very fit young laddie? he should have taken up Rugby! He is worse than a man down, he might do better at another club? Harrold Brattpack????

Hope both are dropped for Saturday for talking against the club.

Really?

I presume you backed Elvis, Hartley and Gordon being dropped and were disappointed that they played for the club again?

If things were a shambles at your work and it was hampering your career would you just shut up and get on with it?

send clum to Kanaus, that'd open his eyes a bit

Not a bad idea...at least fewer supporters would boo him...attendances at games are so small !

Guest GhostHunter
You really are boring

I'd also put money on both Jose and Elliot going onto better things and prospering at a proper club

You just need to watch elliot in the reserves to see he has something others his age at this level dont

If we played to his strengths and tried to develop them as opposed to slotting him and anyone else for that matter into our ridicolous tactics we would see the benefit

Elliot will be exceptional as a 2nd man off the striker like Audrey gets all the time, yet we havent given him a chance there

He's a handful and if you accept goals will never be his game and let him play to his strengths it can only be for the good of hearts

But meh instead lets get pinilla a physio bed for another 4 years and cream ourselves about his 2 games a season and countless "injuries" which require chilean treatment

Aye, Clum did really REALLY well when shipped to Motherwell....

:rolleyes:

Dr. Bapswent
You really are boring

For a change, i do actually agree with so me of your points.

I do beleive there are players in Jose and Clum.

But in Clums case, he has been given ample opportunity to prove it. Its not as if he doesnt get played.

To play to HIS strengths, to build the team around HIM would more likely sacrifice more than we would gain.

When on the park he doesnt seem to know where to be positioned, or when to run. He is always second to the ball.

If his strengths are too always just miss out on a ball, get into a huff and look upset, then yes, he is a class act.

But a killler instinct he doesn seem to lack.

So yes, he might be a decent player, but is he what the team needs right now?

I think we need goals, not another 'hard worker'.

Pete Seeger
You really are boring

I totally agree. It's a sad reflection on the fans when a young lad comes out and says he doesn't want to play because of the abuse he get's. ****** terrible in fact

hearts_crazy

He gets a regular game for Hearts despite his obvious lack of talent and he's not happy? He can sod off then, and the sooner the better, he's not exactly a prolific scorer.

Good luck getting a game for any other team Calum.

The Old Tolbooth

To be fair, I think Elliots brought a lot of this on himself!

He acts like a spoilt little brat on the pitch whenever things dont go his way, he's had numerous chances to show what he can do (including a loan spell at Motherwell where he wasnt even good enough for them), and his antics at the weekend of falling about nightclubs steaming drunk cant be helping his physical condition as a pro footballer.

I see this as Elliot spitting the dummy out yet again and saying look at me! Perhaps he needs to grow a spine, if Miko can do it, anyone can!

Come on Elliot, prove us wrong! :)

I agree

Billy the Jambo

I will leave my phone number at Tynecastle for Elliott and when he he wants to leave he can just give me a call and i will drive him to anywhere he wants to go

Archived