MarioKart Wii

Angry Haggis

Nver been into Mario Kart games,probably because im pish at them.Oh well No More Hereos will do fo me until GTA IV and Wii Fit arrive.

the voice from above

played it a bit... am ok at automatic but can't get the hang of manual which i think is the key to really turning up the speed. anyone managed this yet?

Darth Sidious

Bought this as part of my 6 year old son's birthday tomorrow. I will obviously be giving it a test tonight to make sure it works. Also bought 2 extra wheels.

If I am any good I will post my Wii Number. Was not very good on the SNES.

played it a bit... am ok at automatic but can't get the hang of manual which i think is the key to really turning up the speed. anyone managed this yet?

You can get speed boosts after a drift turn.

When you go into a turn,

-->keep a hold of accelerate the entire turn

--> As you turn hold brake/drift (1)

--> when your kart starts sparking blue let go of brake/drift

:)

JamboRossi79

Managed to pick this up with the Wii wheel from HMV both ASDA anf Game had sold out.

Been playing it all night with the Mrs, lovin it so far still geting used to it though !

Angry Haggis

When you go into a turn,

When your kart starts sparking blue keep hold of the drift and turn the wheel quickly left right (or right left) or just hold drift longer and you get orange sparks - gives a bigger boost but harder to control. I have been using the wii classic controller for this, find it easier than the wii wheel.

Got a wee 4 player at my mate's tonight. It's class. It's very addictive too.

I may just have to purchase a Wii and MarioKart some time soon.

the voice from above

When you go into a turn,

on automatic or manual?

flogelisgod
on automatic or manual?

Manual. Crackin game. Defo up there with one of the best i have played. Love the retro tracks!!! :)

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Anyone managed to release any of the locked tracks/cars/characters?

I got the game through the post yesterday morning and played it for a couple of hours on 50cc. I unlocked all the Cups and only have 2 or 3 characters still to unlock. It was unbelievably easy on 50cc. I got gold in all Cups with a Ranking of A or B (I think).

I was addicted to Mario Kart on the SNES and it was good to see I hadn't lost my old skill ;)

Looking forward to tackling 100cc tonight - it should be a breeze.

the voice from above
I got the game through the post yesterday morning and played it for a couple of hours on 50cc. I unlocked all the Cups and only have 2 or 3 characters still to unlock. It was unbelievably easy on 50cc. I got gold in all Cups with a Ranking of A or B (I think).

I was addicted to Mario Kart on the SNES and it was good to see I hadn't lost my old skill ;)

Looking forward to tackling 100cc tonight - it should be a breeze.

do tell then?

any new characters?

is that ******* rainbow road back?

Gavsy Van Gaverson
do tell then?

any new characters?

is that ******* rainbow road back?

Boo, Daisy, Baby Luigi, Diddy Kong are some that I can remember.

There are a Cups called the Lightning Cup and The tree Cup (I think). There were 8 (possibly 10) Cups on 50cc.

The Rainbow track is on the Special Cup. Its a mental track - just as frustrating as it was years ago.

rossthejambo

my brother got it on friday and ended up playing it all night. absolute class. was a buit sceptical about the online play but it is really good.

the best wii game that i've played by a mile

Boo, Daisy, Baby Luigi, Diddy Kong are some that I can remember.

There are a Cups called the Lightning Cup and The tree Cup (I think). There were 8 (possibly 10) Cups on 50cc.

The Rainbow track is on the Special Cup. Its a mental track - just as frustrating as it was years ago.

Played Rainbow Road last night for the first time. Just about induced a flashback! Looks beautiful, but perhaps a wee bit too psychedelic for my poor addled brain!

the voice from above
Played Rainbow Road last night for the first time. Just about induced a flashback! Looks beautiful, but perhaps a wee bit too psychedelic for my poor addled brain!

yeah best to stay away from the magic mushies :evilno: before taking on rainbow road if i recall correctly...

rossthejambo

i played rainbow road yesterday and i got sooo confused. far too many bright colours lol. not that i expected any less tbh. its always a mental track. they've just made it harder and shorter at the same time.

the n64 rainbow road took like 10 minutes to complete but this one's about the length of a normal track which makes it harder to catch up specially if, like me, you cant keep your car on the track :rolleyes:

Gavsy Van Gaverson
i played rainbow road yesterday and i got sooo confused. far too many bright colours lol. not that i expected any less tbh. its always a mental track. they've just made it harder and shorter at the same time.

the n64 rainbow road took like 10 minutes to complete but this one's about the length of a normal track which makes it harder to catch up specially if, like me, you cant keep your car on the track :rolleyes:

It isn't too difficult to catch up on on 50cc if you fall of the track. However, I imagine i will be alot harder to catch up on 100cc and 150cc.

on 50cc I can't get the gold cup on special because of rainbow road.

These blue shells are causing me some hassle though

rossthejambo
It isn't too difficult to catch up on on 50cc if you fall of the track. However, I imagine i will be alot harder to catch up on 100cc and 150cc.

yea but you see i fall off the track about 4 or 5 times. :rolleyes:

even on 50cc its hard to catch up

Bought it the other day. only had a chance to play it for an hour or so but will get playing over the weekend. Will post my ID here.

I take it there is the function to set up our own kickback race/tournament?

i turned this on the other day and i had a gift from Super Mario Galaxy, which meant i could go Rosalina, is this just because it detected the SMG save data?

im struggling online when i play, any time i do well i get fecked over just before the finish!!! thats mario kart for u tho i suppose!!!

• 1 month later...
yvonnejambo

Cant get ours to go on internet error code is 51330 if anyone has any advice?

The Wicker Man

Sounds like no connection could be made to your wireless router to the internet.

Could be a number of things - poor signal, firewall settings etc.

Try logging onto your router and see if 'sees' the Wii.

yvonnejambo

Thanks for your help. I still dont even know how to do that, so will ask my son to try when he gets home :)

rossi_1983

Posted wrong code :o

Mine should be 4253 4330 8298

Have added Peebo and Haggis

ANyone else want to share their codes and we could get a kickback tourny!

Ivan Drago
Posted wrong code :o

Mine should be 4253 4330 8298

Have added Peebo and Haggis

ANyone else want to share their codes and we could get a kickback tourny!

I will add you next time im on Rossi, cant remember my code at the mo, i think it is on the pro evo thread (if there the same that is).

We still need to get a game of pro evo at some point as well!!!

yvonnejambo

Ok my son is now home and he doesn't know how to log onto our router either :confused: Anyone help?

The Wicker Man

Usually there is a manual or CD that comes with the router - though they more than often get lost :)

Do you know who it is manufactured by ?

Angry Haggis
Ok my son is now home and he doesn't know how to log onto our router either :confused: Anyone help?

Hi Yvonne - A good place to start with troubleshooting Wii\Internet connection problems would be to firstly go into the Wii settings and check you can 'see' your wireless settings:

Go to Options (bottom left on the Wii Menu)

Select Wii Settings

Click on the Right arrow (middle of the right side of the screen) to get to the next page

Select Internet

Select one of the Connections (e.g. “Connection 1″)

Select Wireless

There a few other parts to configure here, but it depends if you have security enabled on your wireless router. Google something along the lines of "configure wii wireless" - plenty help pages out there.

Another way to test your Wii can connect to the internet successfully is try to access the wii shopping channel - if you can get there then you are on the net from your wii!

If you cannot access the internet from your Wii you will need to get access to your routers config page - the best way would be to firstly get the make and model of your router - go to the companys web page and get the manal for your product.

Also here is a nintendo link reg your error code: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=51330&system=Wii&locale=en_US&action2.x=22&action2.y=18

Feel free to PM me if you get stuck.

yvonnejambo

Thanks for all the advice, i will try later on after work. :)

• 3 months later...

Archived