MarioKart Wii

Angry Haggis

Angry Haggis

Right,

Getting very excited about Mariokart for the Wii which is released next Friday (11th April). The game comes with a steering wheel, read a recent review in a Nintendo game mag and it scored 91% in the review.

Massive fan of the MarioKart series, started on the SNES version which was ace. Just got a loan of MarioKart on the DS and have been playing it this last week which has given me an appetite and made my mind up to buy the wii version next week.

The new one supports online 12 player races - any other wii owners on KB intending purchasing Mk? Happy to exchange console numbers to get some serious on-line MarioKart challenges on the go!

Review here: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=3418

*AH*

rudi must stay
Right,

Getting very excited about Mariokart for the Wii which is released next Friday (11th April). The game comes with a steering wheel, read a recent review in a Nintendo game mag and it scored 91% in the review.

Massive fan of the MarioKart series, started on the SNES version which was ace. Just got a loan of MarioKart on the DS and have been playing it this last week which has given me an appetite and made my mind up to buy the wii version next week.

The new one supports online 12 player races - any other wii owners on KB intending purchasing Mk? Happy to exchange console numbers to get some serious on-line MarioKart challenges on the go!

*AH*

looks brilliant eh, as does Pro Ev. Who needs the Xbox 360 or PS3? :P

Right,

*AH*

Going to get both Pro Evo and this at the end of the month....

How hard is it to set the wii up online.... is it wireless enabled?

Angry Haggis

It has a wireless LAN card built into the Wii - so its easier if you have wireless internet set up in your gaff or you need to puchase a USB lan adaptor thingy.

Basically you go into the wii settings and search for available wireless LAN's and connect to your own (if you have one of course..and entering security credentials to connect..that is if you have security enabled on your wireless Network).

You should set up your wii now Kennym for internet even without the games..

Send me a PM if you get stuck.

It is wireless, and very easy!

When you turn on your wii and get to the home page, click on settings in the bottom left. Then you have 2 options, and I think it is just wii settings you want (not sure exactly what its called, but other option is data settings)

You will then have a list about 5 options on page 1, but go on to the next page. Then choose wii internet. Create wireless connection, then search and connect to your own network

Haggis, there is another wii thread that I will bump to the top, that has a few folks codes on it

this is going to be awesome, bit disappointed that u cant do co-op GP, but other than that this should be near perfect.

No other arcade racer has ever came close to this imo.

Angry Haggis
this is going to be awesome, bit disappointed that u cant do co-op GP, but other than that this should be near perfect.

No other arcade racer has ever came close to this imo.

What do you mean by co-op GP?

What do you mean by co-op GP?

sorry not co-op, you used to be able to do two player GPs though and apparently in this one you can't, you can only do GPs in one player mode,

Angry Haggis
sorry not co-op, you used to be able to do two player GPs though and apparently in this one you can't, you can only do GPs in one player mode,

Ah right so I take it when you set up on-line mutliplayer it will only be the race will only be between 'online' players..and will not include computer players\characters..

Ah right so I take it when you set up on-line mutliplayer it will only be the race will only be between 'online' players..and will not include computer players\characters..

im not sure about multiplayer, i was just referring to the offline multiplayer, you used to be able to do a Grand Prix with a mate and the rest would be made up of computer characters, apparently you cant do that now, and the only offline multiplayer is the battle mode.

Am hoping to get a wii once i graduate....(if i get one now it is likely that graduating might not happen)! have always loved mario kart...can you let me know what it is like once you have it???

It is wireless, and very easy!

When you turn on your wii and get to the home page, click on settings in the bottom left. Then you have 2 options, and I think it is just wii settings you want (not sure exactly what its called, but other option is data settings)

You will then have a list about 5 options on page 1, but go on to the next page. Then choose wii internet. Create wireless connection, then search and connect to your own network

Haggis, there is another wii thread that I will bump to the top, that has a few folks codes on it

Having a bit of bother syncing my wii and router(wirelessly), it can locate it and when i input the password it which it accepts then it does a connection test, that fails, my router is not on the nintendo wii approved list, do i have to set it up manually or am i missing the glaringly obvious

Cheers for any help

Having a bit of bother syncing my wii and router(wirelessly), it can locate it and when i input the password it which it accepts then it does a connection test, that fails, my router is not on the nintendo wii approved list, do i have to set it up manually or am i missing the glaringly obvious

Cheers for any help

Is it giving you an error code?

I am away from my flat for a few days so can't check on the wii, but if you get a code, I may be able to help

Craig-Section Z

Raging. Got an email today from PLAY to say they wouldn't have enough stock to meet my order. The week before launch they tell me this. Grrrrrr. Everywhere else is sold out now.

Luckily Woolies seem to be taking orders still, its where i got my Wii for launch day. It arrived on launch day no probs so fingers crossed Mario Kart will to or i will be most annoyed with PLAY!!

I am away from my flat for a few days so can't check on the wii, but if you get a code, I may be able to help

51130 which corresponds to not being able to reciave a signal from my router,

so not to sure what issue may be

51130 which corresponds to not being able to reciave a signal from my router,

so not to sure what issue may be

Not sure about that error

Have you tried changing the channels of your wireless?

Had a look online, and the only suggestions seem to be that its just a bit temperemental first time, so you just need to try it a few times

Angry Haggis
play mario kart in Game stores on saturday:

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=8848

Haggis has been into Game this morning..played it and set a fastest lap...picture taken, free steering wheel key ring..sorted.

For the earlier post about co-op racing..you can...thats what I played in the shop with 3 other players. Not sure about online co-op though.

Used the steering wheel that comes with the Game - seems pretty good but will take a tad getting used too - power\turbo slides seemed tricky.

*AH*

Radio Ga Ga
Raging. Got an email today from PLAY to say they wouldn't have enough stock to meet my order. The week before launch they tell me this. Grrrrrr. Everywhere else is sold out now.

Luckily Woolies seem to be taking orders still, its where i got my Wii for launch day. It arrived on launch day no probs so fingers crossed Mario Kart will to or i will be most annoyed with PLAY!!

Ditto Mate

Ordered it for my son on the 3rd of March and now they can't bloody supply it !!

All sorted, connected to internet now.

My error as i thought

Dr. Bapswent

This game is totally sweet.

Using the steering wheel takes a bit getting used to.

And driving the bikes is class.

This game is something else.

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

flogelisgod

please mind and show your captain some respect watson. Get on Pro Ev and ill teach you how you should cross and ball and not thump it full power with your toe.

Ray Winstone

Cant bloody wait for Mario Kart on the Wii!

Still have to make do with the N64 version.

Was playing it on the SNES last night. Had forgotten what a cracking game it was! Might have to do a wee trip to the shops today...

the voice from above

does anyone know where it's still available?

sold out in the only places I could check earlier...

Bert Le Clos
looks brilliant eh, as does Pro Ev. Who needs the Xbox 360 or PS3? :P

I've played pro ev for the wii a few times now and still think it's pish.

Stick with the PS3 version

pro evo on the wii is the best pro evo yet imo

I think Pro Evo on the Wii is absolutely tremendous.

Just purchased Mario Kart - Game on Princes St only had two spare copies left about 45 minutes ago.

ASDA and Sainsburys are both selling this in store for just under ?28. I don't know what their stock levels are like, but I doubt you will find it in any shops for cheaper.

ASDA and Sainsburys are both selling this in store for just under ?28. I don't know what their stock levels are like, but I doubt you will find it in any shops for cheaper.

my mate took Wario Ware back the other day to Game and got 22 quid off, so if you've any Wii games to trade in you can still get a fair chunk back for them

Just got a copy from Asda in Chesser for 32 notes. Seemed to have a few copies left.

Wish I wasn't stuck here at work! Only a couple of hours to go...

Just played my first race.

Didn't bother with the steering wheel. I've played enough excite truck so the controls are a piece of ****. Control of the shells is good. I've always liked throwing them backwards so pressing down makes it dead easy.

went out to asda tonite and couldnt not get this, its amazing. It was me that sed u couldnt do 2 player grand prixs, i did read it sumwhere, but its nonsense because u can.

Best racing game ever. Mario Kart rocks.

went out to asda tonite and couldnt not get this, its amazing. It was me that sed u couldnt do 2 player grand prixs, i did read it sumwhere, but its nonsense because u can.

I'm going to buy it today, can you still have a battle mode like the old snes verions ?

I'm going to buy it today, can you still have a battle mode like the old snes verions ?

Yeah, there's a battle mode.

I am really, really bad at this - have raced lots of times online, usually finishing near the back, and I've yet to see anyone with a lower ranking thus far. I blame my choice of character and car...

there is indeed a battle mode, i dont think u cna do 1 on 1 anymore tho? its in teams where the computer controls the rest. mibbe u can unlock 1 on 1 or im just dim.

theres a 'coin battle' in this one thats really cool tho, u have to collect coins scattered about and if u hit sumone they drop coins and u can pinch them

I'll second that. Bought it on Friday and hardly stopped playing it yet. Plays somewhere between the old kart and Wipeout on the PS1 (ie fast as feck).

Even Mrs M's addicted!

Angry Haggis
My friend code is 0430-8431-5607 in case anyone wants to hump meet in a race

Will add you in tonight Peebo.

My MarioKart number is 0301-9981-7398 (Name is Mad Haggis)

Anyone else got MarioKart for the Wii and been online post your friend code here and we can maybe organise a KickBack MarioKart spectactular...

JamboRossi79

Damn it, first you guys get me to buy PES on the Wii and now it is Mario Kart :laugh:

Will see if I can get it tonight.

Angry Haggis
Damn it, first you guys get me to buy PES on the Wii and now it is Mario Kart :laugh:

Will see if I can get it tonight.

If you like MarioKart JR then I would buy it - only got it yesterday and played it for a couple of hours and I think its top banana.

Archived