Mac iBook Problems

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Right, my beloved Mac is well and truly fecked.

It just wont go on at all and I've had a look around forums and it seems to be a dead battery?

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem or know how much and where I can get the batteries from?

robin_hobosblind

It just wont go on at all and I've had a look around forums and it seems to be a dead battery?

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem or know how much and where I can get the batteries from?

Which version of it you got?

try ebay?

Angry Haggis

Not a Mac person but surley battery or not just plug in the mains adaptor and run off that?

Not a Mac person but surley battery or not just plug in the mains adaptor and run off that?

I've tried that and it does absolutely nothing.

I don't know for sure if it's the battery thats knackered but thats what I assumed from having a quick look about the net.

****ing me right off!

Angry Haggis

Is there sprt sort of LED indicator on the mains power pack to suggest its ok (i.e. the flug has not blown its fuse or something..)

Does the battery have power left led indicators...some laptops (newer Dell models) when you pop the battery out there is a small push button on the back of it next to 5 small green LED's...

A lot of Macs only work if there is a battery fitted. My wife had a problem with her Macbook and it turned out to be a dodgy battery. I got a new battery for my old back up Powerbook on eBay for around ?40. Instantly back up to 4 hours battery life.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Not taking the **** but is the screen contrast turned all the way down?

Are you getting any lights at all?

If you do have to buy a new battery then I'd do it soon, last week there was a large fire in the LG Chem factory in Sth Korea, they supply the chemical cells to most major manufacturers and there is expected to be a major shortage until june- july!!!!

Not taking the **** but is the screen contrast turned all the way down?

Are you getting any lights at all?

No lights or noise what so ever!

Harryp are you having a laugh?!

That is just my luck!!

I've got a macbook and my battery stopped working months ago, it runs just fine off the mains tho. I'd be very sceptical that a non functioning battery would prevent it running off the mains, all the same though, have you tried physically removing the battery and then powering it from the mains?

Archived