What do you all do?

yvonnejambo

yvonnejambo

So what do you work as? what you studying at Uni? Do you sit around being a doley? Or other?????

Im youth worker and soon to be Ann Summer agent :)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dean Winchester

Work up at Heriot-Watt on reception at the moment on a gap year then heading to University here in September to study Computer Sciences :cool:

I work for the Faculty of Actuaries, sounds very posh, but really isn't, so I'm looking for something else, getting a bit bored!!

i'm a student...(law and french law) shoud be doing my dissertation but spending too much time on here! will graduate in july then need to find a grown up job!:confused:

conn artist

i work full time in glasgow doing health and safety and Disability access consultancy. i also study part time at caly doing a degree in Health and safety management.

monkfish1979

Teach singing/guitar in schools for the Scottish borders council, play guitar/sing in various bands.

Walter Payton
Teach singing/guitar in schools for the Scottish borders council, play guitar/sing in various bands.

Tynie's been pretty quiet recently- maybe you should bring your guitar...

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Freelance packaging designer in the whisky industry

Soon to be employed FT again and scared

Currently work in the world of law and order for a very well known employer.

Soon to be self employed and working in the licence trade (all going well!)

Chemical Engineer - design chemical processes and bits of kit for oil rigs, refineries, etc

I write ads for an advertising agency in deepest, darkest Leith. I've probably tried to sell you something you didn't want.

Environmental analyst doing greenhouse gas emissions assessments (carbon footprinting) for a world leader based here in Edinburgh.

Student, and still on the payroll for W.Hill (but not working for them any more... ;) )

That happened to another JKBer, got about ?1500 out of them before the clocked on.

Edit: Wisnae me, the posters name does rhyme with thieve though.

I'm a 6th yr student at high school,

Part time worker in the hospital

starting stevenson college in August Business studies

and still find time to be a full time alcoholic haha ;):P

geez have I gotta be the first to say they do nothing:eek:

I cant even say housewife because my family look after me:eek:

chef@ no.1@balmoral

You might know my brother inlaw he does night shift not as a chef I just cant remember what the post title is

I write ads for an advertising agency in deepest, darkest Leith. I've probably tried to sell you something you didn't want.

Something really rubbish like Diet Irn Bru?

Nambarrie?

That happened to another JKBer, got about ?1500 out of them before the clocked on.

Ha ha - I didn't do anything criminal like that!

It's excellent; would have quit in February anyway to concentrate on exams, so have had 3 months' pay for free! :dribble:

Ray Winstone

Student at Aberdeen Uni - do a lot of part time work when im down in Edinburgh - delivering etc

and still on the books at Sudhexo doing crap bar jobs when I can be bothered.

I work in the Accounts Payable department at a big bank. I'm not saying which, although I probably already have at some stage. It's okay, not really what I see myself doing long term.

Student at Aberdeen Uni - do a lot of part time work when im down in Edinburgh - delivering etc

and still on the books at Sudhexo doing crap bar jobs when I can be bothered.

I am at Aberdeen too, in final year and cannot wait for a change of scene! I have the odd job too in edin when back down, mainly bar work, and was at a v big bar/restaurant in abdn for abit too!

Ray Winstone
I am at Aberdeen too, in final year and cannot wait for a change of scene! I have the odd job too in edin when back down, mainly bar work, and was at a v big bar/restaurant in abdn for abit too!

What you studying? Which Bar/restaurant were u at?

I can see why you might find it tedious after a while. I have been there two years and love it but there is no way I am staying up there once I am done.

What you studying? Which Bar/restaurant were u at?

I can see why you might find it tedious after a while. I have been there two years and love it but there is no way I am staying up there once I am done.

I do Law, used to work at soul...not very studenty but was a good laugh, my exams and dissertation got in the way though and since is my last year decided to be skint instead of stupid.

I have done a five year degree, I loved aberdeen for the first two years then went to Lyon for one year and since then Aberdeen has been so boring!

what do you study?

Pete Seeger

Self employed plumbing and heating engineer. Mainly fit Bathroom suites.

Ray Winstone
I do Law, used to work at soul...not very studenty but was a good laugh, my exams and dissertation got in the way though and since is my last year decided to be skint instead of stupid.

I have done a five year degree, I loved aberdeen for the first two years then went to Lyon for one year and since then Aberdeen has been so boring!

what do you study?

I am doing History, although looking to come back to Edinburgh and try my hand at a three year law degree as a postgrad, providing my marks are good enough etc.

I have decided just to go for the full four years being skint!

Did you go to Lyon through erasmus?

Did you go to Lyon through erasmus?

Yeah it was fantastic year....although I did not study that much :confused: got a job in an ace wee pub and just had a banterous year! erasmus give you a brilliant grant too!:)

I am in so much debt I cannot think bout it lol, been applying for jobs at the moment and cant wait to have an income!

Ray Winstone
Yeah it was fantastic year....although I did not study that much :confused: got a job in an ace wee pub and just had a banterous year! erasmus give you a brilliant grant too!:)

I am in so much debt I cannot think bout it lol, been applying for jobs at the moment and cant wait to have an income!

My debts are building up nicely.

I suppose its just part of having a good time at uni.

You could have no debt whatsoever if you didnt mind looking back and thinking what a crap time you had.

Archived