Wallace and skacel (Merged Threads)

deko 94

On hearts website jj positive to extend lee's contract and talks on rudi's contract ongoing. Can't post link

If Lee and Rudi to were extend their deals then this summers business will have been the best since 2005.

Robbo-Jambo

JJ that Rudi might be available for weekend and also his contract situation will be sorted by the weekend at the latest. <_< Surely that means only one thing does it not. New contract. :)

I'm feeling total Jamboid today. More good news would just put the icing on the cake.

Jack Torrance

On hearts website jj positive to extend lee's contract and talks on rudi's contract ongoing. Can't post link

Good to see you're back in the land of the living after TiTP

All sounds positive but nothing definate. I like the quote from JJ saying Lee would like us to get good money if he leaves.

I think Rudi will stay and Wallace will turn down a new deal.

I just can't see Lee staying beyond this season.

Mr Brightside

Wallace signing a new deal and leaving before the end of the season are not mutually exclusive.

Maybe Wallace is paying Hearts back by signing a new deal so we get a bigger fee?

Wallace signing a new deal and leaving before the end of the season are not mutually exclusive.

Maybe Wallace is paying Hearts back by signing a new deal so we get a bigger fee?

Can't see it.

If he did that, it may end up costing him a move and a whole shed load of money.

Players rarely show that much loyalty these days. Their career is a relatively short one and they mostly want to do the best that they can for themselves financially.

Get them signed!

2 of the best players in the league. :thumbsup:

Yeah right - just in time for the Rankers game at Buckiebrox

The Treasurer

I like the quote from JJ saying Lee would like us to get good money if he leaves.

This is a key point.

We all know LW will move on to bigger things eventually but it looks like he's showing a bit of loyalty to the club that helped make him into the player he is today.

I wish more players showed that attitude.

I think your right but doesnt neccesarily mean that he wont sign, think he'll do right by the club. he'll still get a move.

the general

Rudi wants a two year deal at slightly more money, has he backed down or have Hearts relented?

With the keeping of these two players fingers crossed and the additions we have made. I am very excited about the new season.

FTH Gorgie Rules

Rudi wants a two year deal at slightly more money, has he backed down or have Hearts relented?

'talks are ongoing' therefore i suppose at least one side is looking to compromise.

hopefully both.

maybe its a bit of compromise on both sides, a 2 year deal and rudi has accepted less than what he asked for (maybe a little more than hearts offered)

The intesresting thing for me is that Hearts hold all the cards. If we want to sign him on for another year on the same money as last season, all we have to do is take the option on his contract and lodge the paperwork as that's the agreement. Now, the fact we're negotiating, to me, makes it clear Rudi either doesn't think this is the case or has told them he'll be one disgruntled mofo if we do that, in which case, why did he agree to that when he signed that deal last year?

Interesting to see how it pans out. Not even sure what I think Hearts should do. I really want him to stay, but should we just make him stay on the deal which he signed last year or should we give him what he wants which on the face of things seems a bit cheeky (when he signed the deal with an option on it, didn't he plan to have a good season last year, which would appear to be his biggest bargaining point?)?

Can't see it.

If he did that, it may end up costing him a move and a whole shed load of money.

Players rarely show that much loyalty these days. Their career is a relatively short one and they mostly want to do the best that they can for themselves financially.

copy and paste? :P

The intesresting thing for me is that Hearts hold all the cards. If we want to sign him on for another year on the same money as last season, all we have to do is take the option on his contract and lodge the paperwork as that's the agreement. Now, the fact we're negotiating, to me, makes it clear Rudi either doesn't think this is the case or has told them he'll be one disgruntled mofo if we do that, in which case, why did he agree to that when he signed that deal last year?

Interesting to see how it pans out. Not even sure what I think Hearts should do. I really want him to stay, but should we just make him stay on the deal which he signed last year or should we give him what he wants which on the face of things seems a bit cheeky (when he signed the deal with an option on it, didn't he plan to have a good season last year, which would appear to be his biggest bargaining point?)?

It does seem a bit cheeky, but personally id give him a better deal to keep him. He earned it from last seasons return.

The reply you gave gets recycled as much as water.

Does it, aye?

Kind of makes sense I suppose as it's a logical response.

I don't have much faith in players repaying their first clubs when their career takes off. It could happen, I just doubt it.

It does seem a bit cheeky, but personally id give him a better deal to keep him. He earned it from last seasons return.

I do kind of agree. But did he earn it? I don't massively buy into that. If you sign a contract, you can't go saying after a year "but I played well, I want more". It's your job to play well. Did you not expect to when you signed?

I don't mean this just in Rudi's case either. Look at Nasri and Modric. They both signed long-term deals but are now both kicking up a fuss and not being allowed to leave. You signed the deals. Tough. And how often do you hear of a player demanding a new deal on higher pay. That's OK when it's time for a new contract, but be man enough to play through your current contract. You signed it - do your job. If you play badly, you won't be docked money.

Far, far too much player power these days.

Was speaking to my mate the other day who was in Glenn Hoddle's Swindon team back in the day. He said that, yeh, if a player did well, they'd maybe go to the manager and ask him if he could maybe see if the chairman would bump his pay up a bit, but it was no more than that, if it was a no, then you got on with it cos that was the deal you were on. All pre-bosman of course.

I do kind of agree. But did he earn it? I don't massively buy into that. If you sign a contract, you can't go saying after a year "but I played well, I want more". It's your job to play well. Did you not expect to when you signed?

I don't mean this just in Rudi's case either. Look at Nasri and Modric. They both signed long-term deals but are now both kicking up a fuss and not being allowed to leave. You signed the deals. Tough. And how often do you hear of a player demanding a new deal on higher pay. That's OK when it's time for a new contract, but be man enough to play through your current contract. You signed it - do your job. If you play badly, you won't be docked money.

Far, far too much player power these days.

Was speaking to my mate the other day who was in Glenn Hoddle's Swindon team back in the day. He said that, yeh, if a player did well, they'd maybe go to the manager and ask him if he could maybe see if the chairman would bump his pay up a bit, but it was no more than that, if it was a no, then you got on with it cos that was the deal you were on. All pre-bosman of course.

I like your train of though buddy and I hate to be a pedant, but nasir's contract is running out, one year left and he's either playing poker for his new deal or he's leaving, he's not asking to get out of a 6 year deal like Modric. Not to sure he's even kicking up a fuss about it.

This has made my day :thumbsup:

I like your train of though buddy and I hate to be a pedant, but nasir's contract is running out, one year left and he's either playing poker for his new deal or he's leaving, he's not asking to get out of a 6 year deal like Modric. Not to sure he's even kicking up a fuss about it.

Cool. I knew one of them was on a 6 year deal but could neither remember nor be shagged looking it up!

Ye get the drift though!

Yeah right - just in time for the Rankers game at Buckiebrox

I would't expect Rudi to feature, he's not played in any of the pre season friendlies so far!

Lee signing a new deal certainly ain't the end of any possible move for him or a backward step IMO.

He is a good enough player that the interest will always be there and it means they tossers from along the m8 couldn't even dream of affording him.

I think Lee will sign and become our highest paid player ever and move on at the end of the season to the EPL

Does it, aye?

Kind of makes sense I suppose as it's a logical response.

I don't have much faith in players repaying their first clubs when their career takes off. It could happen, I just doubt it.

I DO agree with you.

Cool. I knew one of them was on a 6 year deal but could neither remember nor be shagged looking it up!

Ye get the drift though!

Sure do bud :thumbsup:

Lee signing a new deal certainly ain't the end of any possible move for him or a backward step IMO.

He is a good enough player that the interest will always be there and it means they tossers from along the m8 couldn't even dream of affording him.

I think Lee will sign and become our highest paid player ever and move on at the end of the season to the EPL

I doubt it and bloody well hope not!! That would be an astonishing amount of money to give him.

Seen Rudi down Stockbridge last night after I'd been at the cricket - he was having a few pints with Kello! He wasn't interested in any football small chat but did say it was not about money!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Players can be put on the sidelines for not re-signing. Hell we have done it with plenty players, Wallace will know this and he would not want to jeopardise a move by no playing surely? He must have watched what happened with Jose etc? I fail to see the problem with signing an improved deal and securing work for yourself at a crucial part of your development, while waiting for an acceptable offer coming in... Makes perfect sense to do so if you have faith in your own ability.

Just like being stuck in the stand while under contract, a player can also see his deal pushed through on an extension option and no try a leg to try and get his own way... Doing that at Skacel's stage of his career would be a huge mistake though, he cannot afford to lose a year of his career in the stand if he enjoys playing, sure he gets paid but he would be effectively retiring at any decent level. I hope that Vlad offers him a little more even though he does not need to do so. Don't break the bank or anything, just offer a reasonable wee sweetener and hope Rudi is realistic enough no to take the complete pish.

All maybe a bit to too reasonable though?!

JJ loves a wee dig at that Naismith tramp eh? :D

Charlie-Brown

If it's not about money in Rudi's case then what is it and why hasn't it been dealt with sooner?

I don't know any inside info but if it's not about money then perhaps the sticking point could be the length of contract? maybe Skacel wants another 2 years and Hearts won't commint to more than 1 at a time?

Lee Wallace wants to go to Rangers according to one of his close friends. Only way he'd sign anything is if we give him silly cash to flog him in January or next summer.

Presumably the futures of Skacel, Wallace and Calderwood will all have been sorted out within the next 7 days at most. For me, I want all three of them to stay. Each has a vital role to play in Hearts having a successful and enjoyable season.

Not sure which of the three will provide the most enjoyment but my money's on Calderwood.

davemclaren

Skacel wants a two year deal,Hearts are offering one.

Its not uncommon knowledge.

It is for me. :ninja:

Archived