Union Berlin v Hearts (thread)

hmfc fan

Happy? No. Quite the opposite, it saddens me to think there are people out there that believe people's ITK posts on here. 99.999999% of these posts turn out to be utter shite.

I don't blame the itk posters, it's the sole fault of the club, the game was always going ahead as union had sold a lot of tickets in advance. I personally and many others tried to contact our club who complete blanked us, good way to deal with customers. On the other hand union were brilliant, got back straight away and even gave us tips of where to stay etc

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adrian Mrowiec's prominent role in our preseason games is a massive worry.

I'm hoping for some interviews on HW soon saying the likes of Robinson had a niggly injury for yesterday's game. Bit of a shocker he wasn't even on the bench.

Maybe Denis would have played a fair bit had he been fit. Team for Cowden will be interesting. Then got to think the line-up for Antwerp will be a fair indication of JJs thoughts on our strongest (accounting for injuries and maybe Hammil's 2 game suspension).

After Thursday's game, Jim said he wasn't happy with a couple of players (obv didn't mention names), so maybe yesterday he gave them enough rope to hang themselves with. Now he can say, right that wasn't good enough, young lad gets your place? Or with VR in attendance - JJ: "told you we needed a midfielder MR R. This week please..."

Bit of straw-graspage, but I just despair at the thought that JJ could see Mrowiec as a 1st choice.

JJ gave Mroweic a 3 year deal last summer and played him in many games last year when we had more midfield choices available than this year. So it is clear that he rates him.

Only a Game

JJ gave Mroweic a 3 year deal last summer and played him in many games last year when we had more midfield choices available than this year. So it is clear that he rates him.

Lets be honest about Mrowiec. One purple patch apart, where he and Black really had a grip of things in midfield during our good run (which lasted 11 weeks incidentally, not anywhere near the period its given credit for, not even close to half the season), Mrowiec is a carthorse. Even in the good run he was looking good because he was winning the ball for us more often than he had up until then and certainly more often than he has since. Although he was wining the ball regularly , he wasnt doing anything with the ball when he had it and most times he was giving possession right back to the opposition. As I say, outwith that period he's been a carthorse, very limited at defensive mid and a complete liability when tried at centre half.

I dont recall him getting a 3 year deal. JJ is on some shit drugs if thats true and it was his independent decision.

If he has a 3 year deal and he's amongst the first names written down by JJ on the team sheet, then I am sorry but its going to be a tough tough season and you have to question JJ's judgement on that before we even start the season. I just cant believe that any manager would study Mrowiec over a period of time and take a look at the likes of Robinson, Holt and McGowan, even Jonnson and Black and Stevenson and decide that Mrowiec was the cream of that particular crop. JJ is off his fecking trolley if he sees it that way IMO.

I cringe every time I see the guy's name on the team sheet. WTF must Scott Robinson (and others) be thinking his future is if that donkey is ahead of him in the pecking order !!!!

Drylaw Hearts

I don't blame the itk posters, it's the sole fault of the club, the game was always going ahead as union had sold a lot of tickets in advance. I personally and many others tried to contact our club who complete blanked us, good way to deal with customers. On the other hand union were brilliant, got back straight away and even gave us tips of where to stay etc

There were people within pretty high positions at Hearts that 2-3 weeks ago had no idea this game was on.

I don't expect too much, but surely getting easily thrashed by a German 2nd division outfit who'll be spending the next 10 months fighting relegation must mark some kind of new low?

I don't expect too much, but surely getting easily thrashed by a German 2nd division outfit who'll be spending the next 10 months fighting relegation must mark some kind of new low?

I'm only 34, and in my HMFC supporting lifetime think I've seen hibs beat us twice.........but I've got agree.

I HOPE ROB OGLBEY DIES BY ASSOCIATION.

the general

It was a friendly dafty!

Anyway just back has a great time in a beatiful city! 20 west end uber fans standing on terracing drinking german beer was a great sight! Good to see then glasgow boys letting their remaining hair down! That heartbeat gadge is a right roaster :-)

I don't think JJ gave Mrowiec anything!

As for rating him, maybe he does. That would worry the shit out of me.

Not sure he does though. He played the vast majority of games last season cos Pala (who i didn't rate either) played LB. You'll note that when we started playing CT LB and Pala in midfield, Adrian dropped out the team. I think he was played due to a perceived lack of options.

What I'm saying is if we go into this season with JJ thinking he still has to play Mrowiec due to a lack of options (whether that's true or not), then we're in trouble. We lost too many games last season due to a weak midfield. I'd argue that even in our good run, we scraped through a few of those games - ones we should have walked - cos we very very rarely ever got a grip of a game and controlled it as we should due to our total lack of footballing initiative in midfield. I'd be amazed if JJ didn't see that.

Got to hope that Denis is pencilled in and that he can handle it.

I don't think JJ gave Mrowiec anything!

As for rating him, maybe he does. That would worry the shit out of me.

Not sure he does though. He played the vast majority of games last season cos Pala (who i didn't rate either) played LB. You'll note that when we started playing CT LB and Pala in midfield, Adrian dropped out the team. I think he was played due to a perceived lack of options.

What I'm saying is if we go into this season with JJ thinking he still has to play Mrowiec due to a lack of options (whether that's true or not), then we're in trouble. We lost too many games last season due to a weak midfield. I'd argue that even in our good run, we scraped through a few of those games - ones we should have walked - cos we very very rarely ever got a grip of a game and controlled it as we should due to our total lack of footballing initiative in midfield. I'd be amazed if JJ didn't see that.

Got to hope that Denis is pencilled in and that he can handle it.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20100820/adrian-will-be-fine-addition_2241384_2129423

My view at the time - which hasn't changed much since:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/77897-mrowiec-signs/page__view__findpost__p__1788357

I think the fact it was a 3 year job passed me by. I assumed he was a bit of a stop-gap. What I'd suggest is that if VR is signing the player, he'll get a longer and larger contract than if JJ is more involved.

For the record, I've nowt against Adrian. He's a hard worker and honest as the day is long, but he's simply not good enough.

I really didn't expect him to feature much this season at all. He still mightn't I suppose

It was a friendly dafty!

Anyway just back has a great time in a beatiful city! 20 west end uber fans standing on terracing drinking german beer was a great sight! Good to see then glasgow boys letting their remaining hair down! That heartbeat gadge is a right roaster :-)

Just hope to fek your smiley means you are having a wee laugh ? No got PMS this morning just concerned so clarify that you think I am some sort of big Chicken (you did say Rooster?)

NEW LOW, yer having a giraffe??

Are you ten ? we used to get beat by teams that wouldnt be allowed on the same pitch as Union in the bad old days, I recall getting beat from Montrose at home in the League cup some years ago and thats only the issues I remember as the worst ones I have erased from memory as it hurts too much.

Put it in perspective. Bundisliga 2 is a good standard and they are ahead of us in both preperation and Technique at this time. I really hope JJ used it as a learning lesson as I am sure he will. For me the big issue is Zal and Webster at the back. I rate both seperately but both have a laxness about them and ability to fek up and play the two together they double the problem.

Hopefully it can be sorted or changed if need be but "NEW LOW" deary me not by a long chalk

robin hood jambo

It was a friendly dafty!

Agreed! Also good to see Denis Prychyenko's dad chain smoking in his sons Hearts Top!

Clerry Jambo

NEW LOW, yer having a giraffe??

Are you ten ? we used to get beat by teams that wouldnt be allowed on the same pitch as Union in the bad old days, I recall getting beat from Montrose at home in the League cup some years ago and thats only the issues I remember as the worst ones I have erased from memory as it hurts too much.

Put it in perspective. Bundisliga 2 is a good standard and they are ahead of us in both preperation and Technique at this time. I really hope JJ used it as a learning lesson as I am sure he will. For me the big issue is Zal and Webster at the back. I rate both seperately but both have a laxness about them and ability to fek up and play the two together they double the problem.

Hopefully it can be sorted or changed if need be but "NEW LOW" deary me not by a long chalk

Correct

The bit in bold is the most important as far as I am concerned

the general

Just hope to fek your smiley means you are having a wee laugh ? No got PMS this morning just concerned so clarify that you think I am some sort of big Chicken (you did say Rooster?)

Lol seriously was good to finaly meet up hope to see you in the Arms soon mate

Archived