Union Berlin v Hearts (thread)

hmfc fan

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hearts Heritage

24th Min: Goal by Silvio Carlos de Oliveira

It must be. Silvio prevails with his whole body strength against his opponent and runs to the gate. Incredibly cool, he pushes Marian Kello next one to 1:0. perfect start

incerdible cool he pushes marian kello? eh? lost in translation or are the really dirty cheating german bassas.???

Fat Striker

Hearts update says "looked to be a foul on Webster"

Union Berlin say "He used his body strength against his opponent"

Reading between the lines...a clear foul :whistling:

now Zaliukas needs to go up the other end and save his partners skin :yas:

J Cheever Loophole

A bit silly like as Romanov is in Berlin

He may well be as he wasn't to be seen in the Super Store this moring and I nipped into the Tynie Arms just in case.whistling.gif

Flankengott

Sounds like Hearts on the rack at the moment. Union have just missed a golden chance to make it 2-0.

Toxteth O'Grady

Hearts update says "looked to be a foul on Webster"

Union Berlin say "He used his body strength against his opponent"

Reading between the lines...GTFster was strolling:whistling:

fixed for you

Only a Game

So that H?ttecke does not fall asleep, Marc Pfertzel tests the Keeper with a risky return. Now the blond H?ne is awake anyway again.

Definitely preparing for Ibrox then

Fat Striker

lol

"One of the few opportunities for the guests effect fizzles. The burly striker David Obua revealed technical shortcomings, and loses the ball already in the adoption."

Only a Game

ine of few possibilities for the guests blows up ineffectively. The beefy attacker David Obua reveals technical weaknesses and loses the ball already with the acceptance.

Half time it would appear

lol

"One of the few opportunities for the guests effect fizzles. The burly striker David Obua revealed technical shortcomings, and loses the ball already in the adoption."

Burly must have a different meaning in German :) More meat on a butcher's pencil etc etc

Fat Striker

Burly must have a different meaning in German :) More meat on a butcher's pencil etc etc

Well OAG's translator has him as "beefy"

Hackney Hearts

The German word was 'bullig' (which translates literally as 'useless but with a big smile').

Only a Game

Despite the highly amusing sarcasm prevalent on the thread ( yes we all know its only a meaningless pre-season fixture and the objective is games under the belt and match fitness, and not the result) it would appear that that there is only one team in it so far and that we're not getting a kick of the ball, and, even though its a meaningless exercise, thats of some concern no matter how its dressed up.

Dont fancy that team that he's got out TBH and hope he makes several changes second half

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Sportsound is even shitter than normal this afternoon... Could they not have had a few game reports rather than this bollox about fat Dundonians? <_<

Team is in: Kello, Hamill, Grainger, Mrowiec, Zaliukas, Webster, Temps, Blackie, Sutton, Taouil, Obua. Subs: Balogh, Barr, Stevo, Gowser, Novokovas, Smith, Holt.

get McGowan, Stevenson, Novikovas and Holt on

Only a Game

I think the word they are using actually means "big and physical" :whistling:

Hackney Hearts

Despite the highly amusing sarcasm prevalent on the thread ( yes we all know its only a meaningless pre-season fixture and the objective is games under the belt and match fitness, and not the result) it would appear that that there is only one team in it so far and that we're not getting a kick of the ball, and thats of some concern no matter how its dressed up.

Oh you have to go and spoil everything and make a fair point, don't you?

wright1989

Despite the highly amusing sarcasm prevalent on the thread ( yes we all know its only a meaningless pre-season fixture and the objective is games under the belt and match fitness, and not the result) it would appear that that there is only one team in it so far and that we're not getting a kick of the ball, and, even though its a meaningless exercise, thats of some concern no matter how its dressed up.

Dont fancy that team that he's got out TBH and hope he makes several changes second half

You have to remember that our players are fit! :thumbsup:

chester copperpot

second half must be on now surely

Aye, these lazy bassas better post the team news soon, cannae be arsed looking at FB myself likes. :)

I don't see a lot of 2. Bundesliga, but I wouldn't necessarily think our standard is higher than that league, to be perfectly honest. We're certainly not as good as the teams who came down from 1. Bundesliga last season. I would expect this to be a pretty decent challenge for us at the best of times.

chester copperpot

I don't see a lot of 2. Bundesliga, but I wouldn't necessarily think our standard is higher than that league, to be perfectly honest. We're certainly not as good as the teams who came down from 1. Bundesliga last season. I would expect this to be a pretty decent challenge for us at the best of times.

Anyone know if Hertha are their main rivals? Not that clued up on German footie TBH.

Only a Game

You have to remember that our players are fit! :thumbsup:

It appears we're carrying a couple of injuries already.

Perhaps a game thats come too quickly in the schedule, what with the travelling etc

Hopefully an improvement in the second half to come.

Anyone know if Hertha are their main rivals? Not that clued up on German footie TBH.

I don't think they're bitter rivals - there is a general recognition that the two clubs usually move in completely different spheres. I think there is even a "fan friendship" (dreadful German expression poorly translated) dating from when the wall came down.

Edit: should have added that Schalke is the club Hertha apparently love to hate.

chester copperpot

I don't think they're bitter rivals - there is a general recognition that the two clubs usually move in completely different spheres. I think there is even a "fan friendship" (dreadful German expression poorly translated) dating from when the wall came down.

Cool, cheers :thumbsup:

Come on Hearts.

Noticed that the other night as well in the 4-0 game. <_< No Wallace today either.

elliott took a knock on the foot other night but nothing serious

Sierra Delta

The amount of absolute knobs on our Facebook page is incredible :vrface:

Only a Game

Yep, thats possible. I dont know much about the standard of the opposition either. If we're getting something out of it in terms of a very tough test against quality opposition, then fair enough.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Link?

nvermind laugh.gif And folk think Kickback is bad..

Only a Game

second half has started already. That was quick !!

Union's live-ticker now taking the piss out of Grainger's series of "free-kick misfortunes" - he has apparently just booted another one way over the goal.

chester copperpot

Union's live-ticker now taking the piss out of Grainger's series of "free-kick misfortunes" - he has apparently just booted another one way over the goal.

How long's the second half been on for?

Seems a while since half time.

:Agree:

it's like a lunatic asylum.

How long's the second half been on for?

Seems a while since half time.

Flash Score says we're at 62 mins - it's usually quite accurate.

Archived