If you won ?140M on Euro millions

Ecce Romanov

It would be a very difficult choice to make.

Buy out Hearts or give it all to Edinburgh Council to put a stop to this tram madness?

PS - instead of ECC trying to borrow another ?230m would they not be better buying 5m Euromillion combinations

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chester copperpot

Great post mate!

Concur with all the above - except the bit about 10m for you and your missus!!

A couple of additions to that board really, Donald Ford, and Drew Busby.

And seeing as I would be so rich still (even investing ?20m per year would bring in ?2m?)

I would make sure that every ST holder would have a seat on a bus for away games, paid for by the club.

Least we could do to repay the fans loyalty over the years.

You've just won a seat in my 10 seat table. :laugh:

jambopompey

You'd be first there mate, but with you, me and JP at the table, we'd be sending the club into administration by the end of the 3rd season NAP! :laugh:

but would we see any of the games

Definitely buy Hearts.

Wouldnt be looking to make a profit, but would be looking to break-even every year.

No sponsorship on the strips, and we'd wear the 97 league cup final strip.

All kids season tickets ten quid when bought with an adult one.

No Old Firm fans allowed at Tynecastle.

Refurbish old stand, keeping the architectural integrity of the outer shell in place, but making the inside unbelievably good.

Vladimir Romanov appointed to a role with joint responsibilities as head of PR and also SFA Liaison Manager.

Season tickets can be "linked" with local pubs - so you can get free pints before after matchdays.

Buy a share of local shops, pubs and cafes/restaurants/take aways so Hearts and the community benefits from food and drinks purchased in local area.

Free transport to and from Tynecastle from all around Edinburgh and Lothians.

Big screens set up inside and outside Tynie showing classic matches and highlights.

All streets around Tynie have traffic blocked off from 12:00 to 19:00 on matchdays.

Players must all attend different functions post match in local clubs, bars and pubs.

Free Hearts scarves and kits for season ticket holders.

Free buses to all away matches.

Build a wee train station just where the track crosses Gorgie Rd and run specials every 10 mins.

Move youth, juvenile and amateur matches so they dont clash with Hearts games.

With crowds of around 18,000 every match, we'd earn 12 million pounds per year, so we could have a squad costing about 10 million per year (about the same cost and quality of 05-06) with one STAR player as well.

And I would have the best seat in the house.

If i won 140 million i would immediately give hearts 39 million.. 1 million i would keep for myself..

the other 100 million would be put in savings.. then each year i would give Hearts 90% of the interest and keep the other 10% for myself..

I would put in some stipulations for the money.. Ie get the club out of debt.. own our own stadium.. a box for myself and friends in the new main stand..

Everybody loves Baz

but would we see any of the games

Probably not ;)

I'd try buy a big club from abroad who are hard on there luck or something who are from countrys where they breath football like Spain, Italy, Brazil, Argentine ect.. say someone like river plate who recently got relatgated...

I'd have my ties with Hearts and if we unearth major talent i'd pass it on to hearts :D

michaeljambo22

i posted the same thread a few months ago, with the jackpot now over ?150 million i would buy hearts with some help from some other investors even if u put ?100 million in to the club u still would be left with enough for a few life times .anyone know how much it would cost to buy hearts anyway? i fell lucky :whistling:

As for having 'Hearts men' on the board, **** that.

I'd have people who know how to run a business, which is what modern football clubs are now anyway.

So your 1st signing would be Rod Petrie then :o

Nah I know where you are coming from :thumbsup:

In all honesty the guys we would probably need are those guys 'Hearts men' who have a bit cash themselves ( cos their astute ) but who wouldn't normally touch us with a bargepole ( exactly cos they ARE astute )

Once the club was on a sound footing ie. debt free ( thats where your 1st ?40m goes ) they would take it forward with a mixture of sound business sense AND a bit of controlled risk so that we may still dare to dream :woot:

i posted the same thread a few months ago, with the jackpot now over ?150 million i would buy hearts with some help from some other investors even if u put ?100 million in to the club u still would be left with enough for a few life times .anyone know how much it would cost to buy hearts anyway? i fell lucky :whistling:

I reckon if you approached Vlad from his blind side ( ie without your 'ive just won ?150m' face on ) you could get Hearts for ?30m hard cash.

I have no financial accumen to back that up ..................just a gut feeling

Ecce Romanov

I reckon if you approached Vlad from his blind side ( ie without your 'ive just won ?150m' face on ) you could get Hearts for ?30m hard cash.

I have no financial accumen to back that up ..................just a gut feeling

Chuck a couple of Mill to his Basketball Team too and he'd be a happy Vlad

Seymour M Hersh

I don't think ?185m is enough to buy the club and then create a dynasty tbh. If Vlad knew you had that sort of dosh (and he would know) then the price goes up significantly. Owning a football club has to be the worst sort of money pit.

heartsfc_fan

I don't think ?185m is enough to buy the club and then create a dynasty tbh. If Vlad knew you had that sort of dosh (and he would know) then the price goes up significantly. Owning a football club has to be the worst sort of money pit.

:what:

Surely it'll be enough :blink:

with ?150m the clubs bought, debt free and a new stand (named after myself) The new stand would have 1 massive glass box in the centre and I would have a monty burns style chair to watch the games, with a phone next to me to 'advise' JJ that obua can put his coat back on because he isnt coming off the bench today.

Vlad would be left in charge of the website and to make as many rants as he pleases, and the strip would be a darker version of Neil Berrys testimonial one :ninja:

williamgerrard

if i was to win the 166 million on fri i would keep 60million for me/family buy hearts spend 10 -15 million on real quilty players who could win us the spl on first season ,get into the champions lge spend a further 10 million then hopefully build a new main stand with a hotel/gym

Apparently not.

It rolls up to a ?185 million with the excess added to the next jackpot. If no-one wins again it goes up in ?5 million increments with the excess again being added to the first jackpot after a win.

I heard it only rolls up to a maximum of ?166 million.

Ecce Romanov

I've my 2 lucky dips again for tonight. I'm feeling lucky (ish) :thumbsup:

iamcraigbeattie

I would buy Spartans, spend ?25 million on players and then loan them to Hearts.

Walter Bishop

?166 million! I would offer Vlad ?50 miilion to fund the stand and bring in 4 or 5 players, i would allow Hearts to offer season tickets for ?100 and cover remainder of costs for 10 years to ensure full houses every week and would also request a massive picture of this Smillie at the back of the new stand......:verysmug:

I'd stroll into my work and slap my boss across the face. Tell him to stop wearing Brute aftershave and that no matter what, his crap jokes are single fish. Then i would pay someone to put him to sleep and then give him a perm... Just cause i could. B):D

Dean Winchester

I've my 2 lucky dips again for tonight. I'm feeling lucky (ish) :thumbsup:

I went for 5.

Shoe in to win it :whistling:

I went for 5.

Shoe in to win it :whistling:

I also went for 5. Other half moaning, She was saying it's a waste. Aye ok then... You can stay here if it comes in while i go and spend my millions :D

Dean Winchester

I also went for 5. Other half moaning, She was saying it's a waste. Aye ok then... You can stay here if it comes in while i go and spend my millions :D

I normally go for the 2 but I thought I best make sure I win it. :whistling:

I normally go for the 2 but I thought I best make sure I win it. :whistling:

Thats what she wanted to go for.. You're sharing it with me then because i'm winning too. :whistling:

Rudolf's Mate

I've chucked ?20 on but mainly because I've no had a coupon to put on over the last few weeks. That said I also did ?20 on Tuesday which returned me ?2.80!!!

The comments & questions at work on monday would be"who,s that havin a sh!te on the bosses desk?

Day 1.

I would meet Mr Romanov and say "Name your price, take it, and get yourself to feck out of my club"

Day2

Call Phil Anderton and he can name his price to come and fix my club with complete autonomy

Day 3

Think about sacking Jefferies but decide I rather like him.

Day 4

Hello, is that Edinburgh council. Yes its Mr Hearts here. I'd like to have some of your land to build a stadium. I want it now and I want planning permission now. In exchange for that I will build a conference centre and arena alongside it which you can run/rent and we'll share the profits, hows about it............Good.

Day 5

Hello Mr Housebuilder/developer . Do you still want to buy Tynecastle.................?15 million and its yours

Day 6.

Hello Mr Lennon. yeh its me Mr Hearts........ You're fans are no longer welcome at Hearts home games, pass that on to McCoist as well would you.

Day 7

Count how much is left. Browse football manager for signings.

Absolutely this.thumbsup.gif

Absolutely this.thumbsup.gif

BH

You would be in for a week without calling a press conference, getting all the hacks in and letting them have it both barrels?

Right you lot now for some home truths about that day in May. Ball boys attacked and withdrawn, kids in kiosks attacked, stewards and police attacked and 2 hours of continual pro terrorist singing by every Celtic fan in the Roseburn stand. Now explain why over 2 months on you missed all that?

I'm disappointed.

BH

You would be in for a week without calling a press conference, getting all the hacks in and letting them have it both barrels?

Right you lot now for some home truths about that day in May. Ball boys attacked and withdrawn, kids in kiosks attacked, stewards and police attacked and 2 hours of continual pro terrorist singing by every Celtic fan in the Roseburn stand. Now explain why over 2 months on you missed all that?

I'm disappointed.

:laugh:

Sorry Detty, you are absolutely right. Video evidence, witness statements and the whole shebang. Oh, and unless the toley twosome of Lennon and Reid apologised to me personally, I wouldn't consider allowing their officials attend (ticket or not).

I'd also make public that the person I hate most in Scottish Football is "Super" Ally, publicly state my undying love for Robertson, Colquhoun, Crabbe and Millar and I'd ensure that I took every opportunity to remind our smaller neighbours how inferior they are and always will be.

Don't you think that I'd let you down, Detty, not for one second. thumbsup.gif

Chris Benoit

Not a ******* chance! I've been on here long enough to know there's no way I'm putting myself in the position of trying to keep all of you dicks happy :ninja:

Archived