• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ecce Romanov

Does what is says on the tin

A resounding YAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS from me

Then buy Rangers for ?1.50 to make them a feeder club for Whitehill Welfare

mahgrassyshoes

Did you not start the same thread a few months ago?!

Anyway, when this thread last appeared i probably wouldn't have, but the way things are at the minute i'd definitely think about it. A lot of things up in the air at the minute.

rossthejambo

I've said it before on numerous Euromillions threads, not a chance.

Ecce Romanov

Did you not start the same thread a few months ago?!

Anyway, when this thread last appeared i probably wouldn't have, but the way things are at the minute i'd definitely think about it. A lot of things up in the air at the minute.

Don't think so. In saying that I now can't remember posting it this time so who knows! :whistling:

Dean Winchester

Nope. But I would invest in a player or 2 and I really loved the idea that another poster had to buy out the shirt sponsorships and have nothing on them :thumbsup:

Charlie-Brown

Yes but i wouldn't WASTE all my money on over-priced footballers - I'd sign and play mostly local born players either brought through the academy or brought in at fairly low cost or no cost from other Scottish clubs.

It depends how much it would cost. No way I would be sinking more than ?30 mil in to the club.

I would give the club a sizeable donation with a contract specifically stating what that money would be for..

For example:

?5m to be spent on new player(s) and their contracts.

?10m to be spent on refurbishment of x

heartsfc_fan

Ah yes but:

"Although he helped the club reach the Scottish Premier League and win the league cup in 2004*, success on the field was not mirrored financially and it crashed into administration."

*Who did they beat again? Remind me? :D

chester copperpot

Yes,

I'm a man of modest living, not that motivated by money, so would keep aside ?70M to delve up between my family and friends, keep ?10M for me and the missus, then use the ?60M left to buy out Romanov, get the club back into black, then leave a bank balance of about 10M to keep in the bank to secure our long term future.

All I would ask the club in return is that I received a table for 10 for every home game in hospitality, and the rest I would leave to the board. I would effectively give the club back to the fans, and would appoint my own board who would have full autonomy over running the club, at this point I would butt out and leave the decisions for the professionals.

The board would consist of Gary McKay, Leslie Deans, a couple of fan selected finance directors and Le Chat as chairman. Never a more passionate Hearts person you could meet. I'd also give the Website running to Dexter, the commercial side to Walter Kidd and all the other prominent roles would be voted for by you, the fans.

I would cut off my commitment at this point, so that if any major tits up things happened, I'd not have to put any more of my money into, I reckon that would please the fans.

No danger.

I'd fire them at least ?30m, with the idea of a contract stipulating what it's for, though.

this never ceases to make me :facepalm:

so are you telling me that if you won ?150M on the euromillions, you couldn't set aside half of that to buy out hearts and invest a massive sum in the club? even ?120M to be honest.

how much money do you need to keep for yourself?

i would definitely set aside at least ?120M to buy and invest in the club.

but i would be picking the team sometimes always.

:verysmug:

I would buy Hibs. Then I would turn them into a championship winning side, taking them all the way to the top of the league and just when it looks like they are about to win the SPL I would sack all the players and burn down the stadium :thumbsup:

I would buy Hibs. Then I would turn them into a championship winning side, taking them all the way to the top of the league and just when it looks like they are about to win the SPL I would sack all the players and burn down the stadium :thumbsup:

:pleasing:

Dr. Bapswent

Yes,

I'm a man of modest living, not that motivated by money, so would keep aside ?70M to delve up between my family and friends, keep ?10M for me and the missus, then use the ?60M left to buy out Romanov, get the club back into black, then leave a bank balance of about 10M to keep in the bank to secure our long term future.

All I would ask the club in return is that I received a table for 10 for every home game in hospitality, and the rest I would leave to the board. I would effectively give the club back to the fans, and would appoint my own board who would have full autonomy over running the club, at this point I would butt out and leave the decisions for the professionals.

The board would consist of Gary McKay, Leslie Deans, a couple of fan selected finance directors and Le Chat as chairman. Never a more passionate Hearts person you could meet. I'd also give the Website running to Dexter, the commercial side to Walter Kidd and all the other prominent roles would be voted for by you, the fans.

I would cut off my commitment at this point, so that if any major tits up things happened, I'd not have to put any more of my money into, I reckon that would please the fans.

My god I hope you don't win...

Ecce Romanov

How ever much it is probably best to not invest unless you are willing to lose it. Once you've set aside enough ? for family/friends/charities, then invest the rest. ?70m would be more than enough.

Then we could move to the EPL! :whistling:

Van Wilder

I think there would be no questions asked.

I'd make them financially stable and take it from there.

chester copperpot

Jealous type post IMO.

Would also ensure that you were barred from Tynecastle.

heartsfc_fan

I don't think I would "buy" Hearts. But I would certainly look to giving some investment for a new stand, and have a big leather chair right in the centre of it for myself :thumbsup:

Id give the wife ?5million and tell her to buy herself something pretty!

The rest would ALL go on the famous HMFC. Easy come easy go!

eddie fenwick

Yes,

can i be at the table of ten?

Dr. Bapswent

Jealous type post IMO.

Would also ensure that you were barred from Tynecastle.

Hah, nice :thumbsup:

jambopompey

Yes,

think living through the west has clouded your judgement a bit, but to err on the cautious side, i get one of the seats at the table

rossthejambo

this never ceases to make me :facepalm:

so are you telling me that if you won ?150M on the euromillions, you couldn't set aside half of that to buy out hearts and invest a massive sum in the club? even ?120M to be honest.

how much money do you need to keep for yourself?

i would definitely set aside at least ?120M to buy and invest in the club.

but i would be picking the team sometimes always.

:verysmug:

Oh God, I hope you don't win. :ermm:

Just want to point out, just because I wouldn't buy the club (only a fool would buy a football club IMO) doesn't mean I wouldn't put money into the club through sponsorships and the like.

Oh God, I hope you don't win. :ermm:

Just want to point out, just because I wouldn't buy the club (only a fool would buy a football club IMO) doesn't mean I wouldn't put money into the club through sponsorships and the like.

If you had ?140m (I actually think it's ?155m now) you could buy HMFC, stomp all over the league and still have ?100m left over.

I would also buy Sir Dave Murray's original legs and parade them up and down the pitch before every Rangers game. He's that skint, guaranteed to sell them. I'd probably also make them into one of those clapping hats or do a Jake The Peg skit at half-time...to the shrill sounds of a flute band.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I would buy everybody that I like on JKB a season ticket.

I would give the rest to HMFC, turn it into a profitable club and live happily ever after.

:phreemunney:

So do I. Gary MacKay and Leslie Deans on the board? No thanks.

So do I. Gary MacKay and Leslie Deans on the board? No thanks.

In fairness I would tell them to get to **** too. MacKay's an agent and Deans had his chance.

In fairness I would tell them to get to **** too. MacKay's an agent and Deans had his chance.

I also doubt MacKay has the business acumen to actually run a football club.

Jim Jeffries would be director of football when he eventually retired

Don't think I would right away, but if we went into admin I'd step in and snap us up at a bargain basement price :)

Then I'd form a company "First Tynecastle Holdings", channel money into them so they can build a massive ***k off new main stand, and put their initials in big glowing neon letters on the roof.

Jim Jeffries would be director of football when he eventually retired

He wouldn't be allowed to retire if I owned the club and when he eventually died, I'd bring him back as an animated head.

Futurama_nixons_head.png

Don't think I would right away, but if we went into admin I'd step in and snap us up at a bargain basement price :)

Then I'd form a company "First Tynecastle Holdings", channel money into them so they can build a massive ***k off new main stand, and put their initials in big glowing neon letters on the roof.

Bit cheap surely? You'd let the club go to the dogs, take the points deduction just to save the interest on your ?155m? Are you Scrooge? :angry::lol:

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Hearts wouldn't see a penny imo. I'd keep my ST but beyond that, no.

They don't give a **** about us, so why should I go beyond what I'm already doing?

Bunny Munro

I'd give the club ?5M in return for having my face on the front of the next seasons strip.

I would give hibs ?1M to do the same, but with my ******.

Dr. Bapswent

I'd give the club ?5M in return for having my face on the front of the next seasons strip.

I would give hibs ?1M to do the same, but with my ******.

Would you also hand out free binoculars to all Hibs supporters?

Weird gay-hobo-fishing technique... but its bound to get you a few suitors I guess.

Would you also hand out free binoculars to all Hibs supporters?

Weird gay-hobo-fishing technique... but its bound to get you a few suitors I guess.

:rofl:

you have gone up in my estimations Baps-sweat :thumbsup:

Dr. Bapswent

:rofl:

you have gone up in my estimations Baps-sweat :thumbsup:

I thank eeyyyaaawww

Everybody loves Baz

can i be at the table of ten?

I know for a fact i would be at the round table Eddie. :P

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

I'd give money to KB I suppose. Help out the admins, who put up with a bit of shit now and again and they look after most of the members and give to charity plus I use this place loads so I'd be on the PM to Uly instantly.

Well, not instantly. But soonish.

Not Hearts though.

mahgrassyshoes

I know for a fact i would be at the round table Eddie. :P

If you don't start producing match winning threads again soon, you'll be nowhere near tyncastle if i win that money. :down:

Vlad-Stupid

If its possible for somebody who died from a 72hr cocaine and hooker binge three days after winning the cash, then yes, I would buy hearts :thumbsup:

chester copperpot

I also doubt MacKay has the business acumen to actually run a football club.

Hence why I stated a couple of finance directors decided by the fans. Was just thinking on my feet about 2 well known hearts fans FFS.

You're off my table of ten then :laugh:

Eddie, course you'd be on it, but you'd need to offer your plastering services free of charge for my mansion though.

And Pomp's I reckon you'd just about scrape into my top ten.

Archived