Trigger to Wolves ?

Le Chat

Got a call from a mate who lives down in Wolverhampton this afternoon asking what Lee Wallace is like. When I asked why, he told me that the back page of their local paper down there was running a story saying McCarthy is intereted in him.

I'd far rather he went down there than the huns and I'd be happy to see Hearts take a haircut on any fee (as I think McCoist will come back with a ?1.25M take-it-or-leave-it offer later).

?1M for a lad in the last year of his contract isn't to be sniffed at.

Got a call from a mate who lives down in Wolverhampton this afternoon asking what Lee Wallace is like. When I asked why, he told me that the back page of their local paper down there was running a story saying McCarthy is intereted in him.

I'd far rather he went down there than the huns and I'd be happy to see Hearts take a haircut on any fee (as I think McCoist will come back with a ?1.25M take-it-or-leave-it offer later).

I'd be happy if he was to go down south rather than along the M8.

Paulie Walnut

Nice find :thumbsup:

I'd have looked myself but I had no idea what the local paper is called down there.

Thanks i have my ways thumbsup.gif

Coburg Hearts

Much rather he was fed to the Wolves than given to the vultures. ;)

Was told by a Wolves employee a couple of weeks ago that they were quoted ?1.5m by Hearts. The money was not a concern but his injury ravaged season was.

They were also looking at Kello, but that deal now appears dead as he said they had signed a goalie from Southampton, and Eggert Jonsson.

Snake Plissken

Would be happy to take 1m from Wolves for Wallace but Rangers can **** off

I'd rather take 50p from Wolves instead of 1m from them.

if we can't get him to sign a new deal then id take a million to send him south of the border.

I think ?1.5 million would be good for both parties. Obviously he is worth a heck of a lot more, but being in the last year of his contract and coming off the season he's had changes everything...

FWIW I think it would be a good move for him

He wants to join the huns. Hopefully Christophe can convince him.

Thats it send a player to go and fight relagation rather than fight for medals.

He may take that road as he will have to play second fiddle to Papac. :whistling:

Robbo-Jambo

Was told by a Wolves employee a couple of weeks ago that they were quoted ?1.5m by Hearts. The money was not a concern but his injury ravaged season was.

They were also looking at Kello, but that deal now appears dead as he said they had signed a goalie from Southampton, and Eggert Jonsson.

Wouldnt be that fussed about losing Eggert TBH <_<

He may take that road as he will have to play second fiddle to Papac. :whistling:

I would rather he played in a top league and test himself against higher quality opponents and therefore improve as a footballer, thus improving the Scotland team, than toddle off along the M8 for easy medals and sitting on the bench while Papac plays.

I would rather he played in a top league and test himself against higher quality opponents and therefore improve as a footballer, thus improving the Scotland team, than toddle off along the M8 for easy medals and sitting on the bench while Papac plays.

Wallace career wise would be better moving west and playing in the champions league and build his confidence up by winning stuff then move down south in a couple of years. Sitting on the bench down in Wolves straight away i don't think is the correct move, I don't think he's premiership level at this moment in time. I would prefer he signed a new two year deal if possible and stay and improve this year.

Rangers fans took the fighting for (Uefa Cup) medals a touch too far in Manchester.

Wallace career wise would be better moving west and playing in the champions league and build his confidence up by winning stuff then move down south in a couple of years. Sitting on the bench down in Wolves straight away i don't think is the correct move, I don't think he's premiership level at this moment in time. I would prefer he signed a new two year deal if possible and stay and improve this year.

Well done Jezza,somebody else on this board with a brain.

Your not a bluenose by any chance. :lol:

Napoleon  Wilson

"The 23-year-old is regarded as the best left-back in Scotland"

:verysmug:

Get it right up you Izaguirre

Teuchterjambo

The real problem with your theory even assuming he would be a first choice is that a couple of years in that environment breeds a comfort and complacency - good wages, medals and European football. Development is stiffled along with ambition and you prove yourself a big fish in a very small pool - eg) Meesrs Whittaker and McGregor today. At the end of their career they will never really know if they had what it takes.

Go south young man (preferably next season) and don't listen to the bluenose spin in the media or on here !

If he stayed at Hearts he would be fighting for medals. If he went to the hun he would just be selling his soul...and he'd pay far more in accountants fees for dodgy offshore banking practices.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Agreed.

If Wallace is not going to agree a new contract, I'd accept a seven figure sum for him. I'd use part of the money to get a replacement and pocket the rest. I'd be gutted if he left next summer for nowt.

Napoleon  Wilson

If Wallace is not going to agree a new contract, I'd accept a seven figure sum for him. I'd use part of the money to get a replacement and pocket the rest. I'd be gutted if he left next summer for nowt.

We've already got a replacement Husfref. He's called Danny Grainger :whistling:

Anything around ?1.5M with a decent sell-on clause (incase they do a Steven Fletcher at Burnley - get relegated and sell big).

Danny Grainger may well do us a turn, at the very least until either McHattie is ready or we find someone else. He may even be good!

If true ...would be serious lack of ambition from Lee....Wolves are one of the worst teams in the EPL

We've already got a replacement Husfref. He's called Danny Grainger :whistling:

Whilst I reckon you are joshing Napoleon, I feel compelled to answer the point in hand, straight down the middle. :)

Danny Grainger may do okay on the odd occasion but he will not replace Lee Wallace. Even if he surprises us all and shows he has something, we saw last year that we need two left backs on our books.

If true ...would be serious lack of ambition from Lee....Wolves are one of the worst teams in the EPL

Lack of ambition by joining an EPL team?.... Oh dear.

durhamhearts

I put a similar post on 2 weeks ago linking Lee Wallace to wolves with a possible cash plus Berra deal I was laughed off kickback and roundly informed this was a joke I must'nt have enough posts to be thought of as credible but here I am reading a similar post and very sensible replies for what its worth if we do lose Lee then I hope he does go down south rather than to the old firm

Paulie Walnut

Better than Berra, Fletcher, Adam and Murphy who all left for the EPL worse players than LW. If you think LW isn't good enough for the EPL you clearly have very little knowledge of identifying top class players.

Mr Brightside

I put a similar post on 2 weeks ago linking Lee Wallace to wolves with a possible cash plus Berra deal I was laughed off kickback and roundly informed this was a joke I must'nt have enough posts to be thought of as credible but here I am reading a similar post and very sensible replies for what its worth if we do lose Lee then I hope he does go down south rather than to the old firm

I think people would have been laughing at your idea of Berra rejoining us, not Wallace going to Wolves.

To be fair, you said that you were not "in the know" and that you were just floating the idea. Le Chat has came on saying that it is in a Wolverhampton newspaper.

A big difference.

The fact that its mentioned in the local paper is probably why people are giving it some credibility.

Did you hear it from a reasonable source or were you just speculating ?

The fact that its mentioned in the local paper is probably why people are giving it some credibility.

He said....

I'm not in the know but what about Lee Wallace to Wolves for cash + Berra I think this is an excellent option

I think that is a daft idea. Berra played a number of games for Wolves last year, only losing his place late in the season. There is no way that he would consider returning to Hearts at this stage.

Again, daft idea.

Gotcha.

He's pretty happy with the idea as he's been quite impressed with Berra and he loved Colin Cameron.

Gotcha.

He's pretty happy with the idea as he's been quite impressed with Berra and he loved Colin Cameron.

Conversely, I met a Wolves fan at a 40th earlier in the year and he hated Berra. To be fair, he loved Mickey as well, hard not to isn't it.thumbsup.gif

He can come back to the Huns when he's 38 like Davie Weir. No point wasting his best years performing for the blue hordes.

durhamhearts

Would you believe an Everton fan at my work asked me about Lee because it was a strong rumour that he was on their list of wanted players but he also mentioned wolves were their only competition and the cash plus berra may be strong enough to sway Hearts in that direction the Everton rumour had already ben discussed in other posts so i thought I would post what I had heard

Would you believe an Everton fan at my work asked me about Lee because it was a strong rumour that he was on their list of wanted players but he also mentioned wolves were their only competition and the cash plus berra may be strong enough to sway Hearts in that direction the Everton rumour had already ben discussed in other posts so i thought I would post what I had heard

Let the bidding war commence :thumbsup:

Id take 50p from Wolves, but only if it was for Johnson :whistling:

rossthejambo

Id take 50p from Wolves, but only if it was for Johnson :whistling:

It's Jonsson FFS :vrface:

Captain Lithuania

It's Jonsson FFS :vrface:

That annoys me too.

But all things aside I doubt Wolves will offer us cash AND Berra. Berra would also have to agree a contract. I would LOVE to be proved wrong though.

Why do Wolves hate Berra so much?! He just needs a bit of time to adjust to the EPL, FFS!

Ecce Romanov

That annoys me too.

But all things aside I doubt Wolves will offer us cash AND Berra. Berra would also have to agree a contract. I would LOVE to be proved wrong though.

Berra won't come back to Hearts (not for a while anyway). It'd be a real backwards step for him.

Apart from anything else, there is no way we could go anywhere near what his wages are.

Archived