Jose Goncalves

Jambo Martin

Jambo Martin

Didn`t know he had signed for FC Sion.

"On 10 June 2011 Gon?alves informed FC St. Gallen that he would be invoking a clause in his contract, which allowed him to sever ties with the club in the event of relegation, and leaving the club six months into his two-and-a-half year contract in order to join Swiss Super League club FC Sion"

chester copperpot

Didn`t know he had signed for FC Sion.

"On 10 June 2011 Gon?alves informed FC St. Gallen that he would be invoking a clause in his contract, which allowed him to sever ties with the club in the event of relegation, and leaving the club six months into his two-and-a-half year contract in order to join Swiss Super League club FC Sion"

Ah, but could he do a job for us though?

The Old Tolbooth

Pretty sure he played for Sion against Arsenal in the CL before he came to Hearts too.

heartsfc_fan

Pretty sure he played for Sion against Arsenal in the CL before he came to Hearts too.

FC Thun (?) I think it was

The Old Tolbooth

FC Thun (?) I think it was

Apologies, you're correct mate, cheers for that. :thumbsup:

I knew it was a Swiss club though :whistling:

That's funny I'm sure his agent told us he was wanted by both the old firm and half of the EPL and La Liga :whistling:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Ideas well above his station I suppose.

Tell you what though, if you were ever going to attempt a back three in the SPL then Jose, Zali and Webster would tick most if not all of the boxes required.

He played when they got relagated so his fault.

Another legend in his own lunch time... :unsure:

Fort Vallance

He played when they got relagated so his fault.

Didn't his club get relegated in Germany as well ? Or failed to get promoted and thats why they didn't sign him permanantly

Another legend in his own lunch time... :unsure:

rossthejambo

A very good defender who's, quite frankly, arsed his career up because he believed the pish that his agent was spouting.

He could either be here on big money or he could be playing in the EPL after another good season. Instead he's in the Swiss league probably on significantly less than we offered him.

DISCLAIMER : Not suggesting the SPL is better than the Swiss Premier, just seems to be a much easier path to England and the megabucks from here than places like Switzerland.

He was a great player but was on stupid wages.

GREAT? Calm down dear!

Tiberius Stinkfinger

His long throw to Kyle or Sutton would prove a decent weapon these days, shame he was such a greedy **** !

kissthebadge

His long throw to Kyle or Sutton would prove a decent weapon these days, shame he was such a greedy **** !

In all his time at our club, I'm not sure if he managed to find a team mate once with that throw. Looked cool, went far and fast but never found a Hearts player. I'm also convinced he was unable to throw the ball any other way. Jose had a very good spell at CB during Csaba's reign but his high wages and attitude meant there was no room at our club.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

In all his time at our club, I'm not sure if he managed to find a team mate once with that throw. Looked cool, went far and fast but never found a Hearts player. I'm also convinced he was unable to throw the ball any other way. Jose had a very good spell at CB during Csaba's reign but his high wages and attitude meant there was no room at our club.

That's probably true, I think seeing the ball in the opposition box during "The Csaba Years" instilled more excitement due to its rarity and Goncalves at least managed that on occasions :(

Hagar the Horrible

Wrong he was more of a stupid player on great wages

Nobody better in the game at shielding the ball out from the half way line

If "Usher" had been around in 1912, I reckon he could have shielded the Titanic from the iceberg.

He was looking decent up unitl he ran in Craig Gordon at Hampden, after that he was average at best. Played a lot of funny "scoop" type passes forward, which always seemed difficult to control.

H J Simpson

I still shudder thinking about him and Tall playing centre back together trying to header a long ball

Correction,he was a good player for about 8 months on stupid wages.

Ah, but could he do a job for us though?

Thought he was a superb find, did a good job up until the scottish cup final, then the injurys kicked in..

Don't get this love in for a centre half on huge wages, but would do everything to avoid heading the ball.

He played in Scotland, not Barcelona under 12s one touch training at 5s.

Riddley Walker

If "Usher" had been around in 1912, I reckon he could have shielded the Titanic from the iceberg.

He was looking decent up unitl he ran in Craig Gordon at Hampden, after that he was average at best. Played a lot of funny "scoop" type passes forward, which always seemed difficult to control.

He had a bit of a rough patch but he was great in the last season he was with us.

He had a bit of a rough patch but he was great in the last season he was with us.

I would hazzard a guess that he had more bad games than good,no where near worth the money we paid for him,when he was on top form he was a very good centre half though TBH.

winston churchill

That's funny I'm sure his agent told us he was wanted by both the old firm and half of the EPL and La Liga :whistling:

Same as Kingston and Bouzid :lol:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

While teams like Wigan are in the EPL, I refuse to rule out the possibility of guys that I do not rate fantasically high getting a move there.

There is the epl and then there is some of the best teas in world football who play in the EPL.

Caldwell, Sammon, etc... ?

Let's not pretend that there are no averahe players able carve out a very good living in the richest league in the world. There's more than a few Championship and SPL players I would rather have than the less high-profile players in the EPL personally.

Jose is a usefull player who could do a decent job if part of the right set-up.

PsychocAndy

He used to head balls that were easier to kick and try and kick balls that were easier to head. World Class at shielding though.

Still, glad he's away

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Correction,he was a good player for about 8 months on stupid wages.

I'd like to take that further...he was a feckin bombscare, a mistake waiting to happen, 100% of the time on stupid wages.

Archived