All Supporters Are Bastards?

Ulysses

shaun.lawson

Horrendous and scandalous. The poor guy. He should take Thames Valley Police to the European Courts IMO. :angry:

jamboinglasgow

I do respect the police and believe that most are good officers but that story is just horrific. To use a dog on a handcuffed man lying on the floor is wrong. The police officer who accused him is surely on very shaky ground. There has been a great deal of action by the police to stamp out hooliganism, but some have gone too far.

Sadly the guy's description of the police is an opinion many football fans will share.

We complain about the way we're treated by Strathclyde's finest but it's not a problem unique to them. As the article suggests, all football fans seem to be looked down on by the police and presumed guilty before anything has even happened and that does nothing for the police's reputation amongst fans.

It seems that there are more than a few people in uniform who would like the chance to be "propa nawty" at the football and use "crowd disorder" as a means of doing so. The more this abuse of power is highlighted though, the better it will be for both sides.

Nookie Bear

You read stuff like that and then you watch the news and some Hooray Henry is moaning at being kettled for 4 hours "yeah, like, we were only pishing on Churchills statue and throwing bricks through the Treasury windows, yah".

They have no idea.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Yeah but he's a Palace fan tbf

quite shocking - hope something's done for him

Seems pretty drastic but on the other hand, there was a picture on here a few days ago of a Manchester police dug eating a Rangers supporter.

Nothing wrong with that surely.

That is truly a disturbing read. How many of the GOOD cops watch things like this go on and not report their unhinged colleagues.

Horrendous and scandalous. The poor guy. He should take Thames Valley Police to the European Courts IMO. :angry:

I'm surprised the article doesn't mention them suing the police.

If it happened exactly the way the family claim then they would be crazy not to.

Even just for the withholding of the antibiotics, surely that is against the law?

I find it very strange that they haven't sued.

Francis Albert

Seems pretty drastic but on the other hand, there was a picture on here a few days ago of a Manchester police dug eating a Rangers supporter.

Fom the dog's perspective it sounds horrendous.

On topic, the line "away supporters lose all their rights" will ring true with anyone who has followed Hearts to either of the OF grounds.

Some good goods, but a lot of bad ones as well.

Hope he sues the *******..

Sorry if this has been posted already, but if it hasn't then it's a thought-provoking read.

Maimed by a police dog - for being a football fan

Bloody hate the creatures,in my younger years me and a mate were chased by the police and decided to hide[better than getting locked up]after the search for us failed we heard them pronounce "If you don't come out now we're calling in the dogs"so i called their bluff and stayed hidden and a bit later out comes the dog,it walked past me in the bushes twice then all of a sudden"WHACK"straight onto my foot so i booted it and it let go only to now get a better grip of my ankle[still have the small puncture marks from its teeth]worst bit was when i was in court and the charge was read out that how i had been "Apprehended by police dog MAX"!. :embarassed:

The Old Tolbooth

The dog caught rabies from the hun apparently

piltonjambo

Truly horrendous indeed ... I've often had thoughts about the Civil Liberties issues when we are confronted by these types of poor policing ...

The obvious one for Hearts fans being while attending Celtic Park ... some of the behaviours shown by Strathclydes finest will be well known to many of our supporters ...

I also have real issues with Grampian Police who regularly use and abuse in my view their powers, some really nasty attempts to force people to be video recorded spring to mind resulting in all sorts of manhandling, they once even closed the train station bar ... to EVERYBODY ... on the pretext of potential trouble when there was clearly none.

I also recall staying in Blackpool for the weekend when we played Preston down in Preston and even though we arrived at Preston station from a different direction (ie Blackpool) we were manhandled over to the group of Hearts fans who had arrived from Edinburgh where they were rammed up against an adjacent platform wall being 'watched and prevented from leaving the station' by Police in what can only be described in riot gear with dogs and horses ... totally over the top and completely disgraceful and unnecessary

I'll never forget coming out of Pittodrie in the 80's and a Police dog attacking a Grampian CID guy. Hysterical.

colinmaroon

Sorry if this has been posted already, but if it hasn't then it's a thought-provoking read.

Maimed by a police dog - for being a football fan

From the 60's into the 90's sadly, with very few exceptions, that has been my experience of police at football matches.

Ironically, one of the best experiences that I had of police at football was the "notorious" Paris Special Police. They were brilliant at the PSG v Hearts game!

J Cheever Loophole

From the 60's into the 90's sadly, with very few exceptions, that has been my experience of police at football matches.

Ironically, one of the best experiences that I had of police at football was the "notorious" Paris Special Police. They were brilliant at the PSG v Hearts game!

Swapping bottles of stella for our Hearts scarves while still looking intimidating.laugh.gif

Francis Albert

Same goes for the notorious French CRS riot police at the Bordeaux game. One look at them convinced you that these were not people to mess with, but they were there as a very effective deterrent and not out to provoke and bully people.

Unfortunately, there are horrible people in all walks of life. This officer should be in real trouble over this and I'd say that ordinary, decent police officers would like that. Instead of the "honour amongst thieves", they should be looking at excluding the one that shames them.

Archived