Lee Wallace

swavkav

I think Rangers/Viking did us a favor by taking Velicka. We missed him when he went but think we sold him at a good time because he's done heehaw since.

Back playing in lithuania I am sure I read on here recently.

I often wonder how these guys feel. He was on top of his game, high profile and having a good career with Hearts. Decided to go and to use your terms done heehaw since.

may have couple of quid more in the bank although sure he could have gotten a better deal with us but only has one footballing career and he bawsed it up. Did he not get a bad injury too when out on loan down south?

neil mcann...got good wongo though

Anti Niemi .... oh sorry we stole him from them

Dave Mcpherson.. sorry again they took him every time they fancied then chucked him back

Andius Velicka... oh sorry again they cheated and got him from viking ?

Andy Webster... so sorry feking this up they cheated and got him fi Wigan who they cheated with and then chucked him back ala Mcpherson when discarded

Weir?....went ther after toffees finished with him

Alan Johnson..... did he no go to France first?

Yer right I cannae think of three straight transfers :thumbsup:

EDIT: Alan Mclaren

paul ritchie. absolutely destroyed his career.

colinmaroon

Name three?

If you can't think of more than three players that the Uglies have plundered from other Scottish clubs, including Hearts, and that's over and above the ones who have made it to a degree like Neil McCann, Willie Wallace etc., there are many who have just warmed the benches, after weakening the teams that lost them, then then you're more blinded by your obsession than I thought!

I get a bit confused by the latest rules for out-of-contract players. If he leaves next summer after his contract expires, would we be entitled to any compensation (i.e. since he came through our youth system?). Or would he be too old for that to apply (he'll be 24 in a month). Not quite sure how it works with regard to that sort of thing.

If you can't think of more than three players that the Uglies have plundered from other Scottish clubs, including Hearts, and that's over and above the ones who have made it to a degree like Neil McCann, Willie Wallace etc., there are many who have just warmed the benches, after weakening the teams that lost them, then then you're more blinded by your obsession than I thought!

Name three,go on,name three players that rangers have stole form us,back up your statement or shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

fabienleclerq

Name three,go on,name three players that rangers have stole form us,back up your statement or shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Neil mcann

Paul Ritchie

Alan Mclaren

fabienleclerq

None of the above.

How not??

Edit: Ritchie went via Bolton (for fourteen games) the other two went straight to the huns.

Drylaw Hearts

How not??

McCann had a clause in his contract which allowed him to talk to other clubs if they bid a certain amount.

IIRC....we sold Paul Ritchie to Bolton for ?50,000.

The bank forced our hand with Alan McLaren.

fabienleclerq

McCann had a clause in his contract which allowed him to talk to other clubs if they bid a certain amount.

IIRC....we sold Paul Ritchie to Bolton for ?50,000.

The bank forced our hand with Alan McLaren.

So rangers nicked McCann and Mclaren and Ritchie after a short term contract?

Drylaw Hearts

So rangers nicked McCann and Mclaren and Ritchie after a short term contract?

No.

They bought them.

fabienleclerq

No.

They bought them.

For their true value?

If the bank forced through Mclaren (i dont know im not old enough to remember) McCann went for a release clause after a great year so

Probably cheaper than he would've, and they got ritchie for free sounds like a steal to me.

Drylaw Hearts

For their true value?

If the bank forced through Mclaren (i dont know im not old enough to remember) McCann went for a release clause after a great year so

Probably cheaper than he would've, and they got ritchie for free sounds like a steal to me.

If there is a price on something and you pay that price how can you be stealing ?

Re : Paul Ritchie - when Rangers signed him he wasn't our player.

fabienleclerq

If there is a price on something and you pay that price how can you be stealing ?

Re : Paul Ritchie - when Rangers signed him he wasn't our player.

I think the term stealing can used if you get something that isnt what its true value is because of other circumstances.

And ritchie was always going to them we just got a little from bolton before he did. Despite not being our player rangers more

than likely had something to do with him taking a short contract at bolton so they could get him.

Neil mcann

Paul Ritchie

Alan Mclaren

Get fecking real man,

McCann ?2m,aye well stolen.

McLaren ?1.25m plus Dave McPherson back,who we had sold back to rangers 2 years previous for ?1m,yup your correct,what a steal.

Oh just to say how much the OF steal from us,remember a guy called Mike Galloway,we bought him for about ?50'000 and sold him to the tims for ?500'000 oh and lets not forget Niemmi,bought for ?400'000 sold for ?2m,yes you and your other screwballs are correct the OF have been stealing ALL our best players.

Get fecking real man,

McLaren ?1.25m plus Dave McPherson back,who we had sold back to rangers 2 years previous for ?1m,yup your correct,what a steal.

Oh just to say how much the OF steal from us,remember a guy called Mike Galloway,we bought him for about ?50'000 and sold him to the tims for ?500'000 oh and lets not forget Niemmi,bought for ?400'000 sold for ?2m,yes you and your other screwballs are correct the OF have been stealing ALL our best players.

Riordan is the only player I can think of recently that the OF 'stole' from another Scottish team as I believe Celtic had been grooming him for a while with a view to get him at the last possible moment for nothing like his transfer value from 12 months before. But as it transpired, Strachan hadn't realised he was a bit of an erchie until after he signed him - or he'd have left well alone.

Otherwise they have either paid market value that clubs were willing to accept or couldn't afford market value as is happening more and more. If the OF get any players for significantly less than market value, it's not their fault but that of the selling clubs, the player or their agent.

Riordan is the only player I can think of recently that the OF 'stole' from another Scottish team as I believe Celtic had been grooming him for a while with a view to get him at the last possible moment for nothing like his transfer value from 12 months before. But as it transpired, Strachan hadn't realised he was a bit of an erchie until after he signed him - or he'd have left well alone.

Otherwise they have either paid market value that clubs were willing to accept or couldn't afford market value as is happening more and more. If the OF get any players for significantly less than market value, it's not their fault but that of the selling clubs, the player or their agent.

?4m for Duncan Ferguson,robbing bassas,GRUY OF,all you have done is steal,steal,steal.

Charlie-Brown

?4m for Duncan Ferguson,robbing bassas,GRUY OF,all you have done is steal,steal,steal.

Why would any Hearts fan bother to defend those SLAGS? Most real Hearts fans HATE Rangers & Celtic! :thumbsup:

Why would any Hearts fan bother to defend those SLAGS? Most real Hearts fans HATE Rangers & Celtic! :thumbsup:

I'm not defending anyone here,I'm merely pointing out to some posters that they just make things up constantly about the OF/SPL/SFA/Media which are totally untrue.

Personally I couldn't care less about the OF,but lets just try and debate,argue,agree when the truth is being posted,not some fantasy "if it was the OF...................." kind of stuff.

Poor chat with the "real" hearts fans. Everyone is entilted to thier opinion.

This is the type of stuff that annoys me though - turned down ?1.5m from Wolvesfor Berra - article 3rd June

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/wolverhampton-wanderers/2302224/Hearts-reject-Wolves-bid-for-Christophe-Berra.html

And 1 week later Rangers offer ?1m

http://sport.scotsman.com/rangersfc/-Rangers-make-1m-Berra.4168261.jp

Although I put that more down to Martin Bain being a grade A tool

This is the type of stuff that annoys me though - turned down ?1.5m from Wolvesfor Berra - article 3rd June

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/wolverhampton-wanderers/2302224/Hearts-reject-Wolves-bid-for-Christophe-Berra.html

And 1 week later Rangers offer ?1m

http://sport.scotsman.com/rangersfc/-Rangers-make-1m-Berra.4168261.jp

Although I put that more down to Martin Bain being a grade A tool

Thing is mate,why should the OF,or anyone for that matter,pay more for a player than they should,if any club is willing to take that offer then it's the club selling not the club buying who are at fault,we have done it ourselves.

As for the Berra thing,think that was quite a good move just to test the water,just in-case Berra did want a move to der hun,it's football,thats what happens,it's not exclusive to the OF to try and turn someones mind round.

Charlie-Brown

Thing is mate,why should the OF,or anyone for that matter,pay more for a player than they should,if any club is willing to take that offer then it's the club selling not the club buying who are at fault,we have done it ourselves.

As for the Berra thing,think that was quite a good move just to test the water,just in-case Berra did want a move to der hun,it's football,thats what happens,it's not exclusive to the OF to try and turn someones mind round.

Jeezo quite the Rangers apologist again today aren't we? :down:

Rangers have a long history of deliberately trying to shaft other SPL & SFL clubs with derisory offers & transfer fees for players - sometimes they do have to cough up fair market price or even over the odds like Duncan Ferguson but that doesn't deflect or disguise their true predatory nature and the way they habitually try to shaft Hearts, Hibs, Dundee clubs, Motherwell, Kilmarnock etc etc.

How any Hearts fan can even attempt do defend them is beyond me or why they would even want to?

Rangers have a long history of deliberately trying to shaft other SPL & SFL clubs with derisory offers & transfer fees for players - sometimes they do have to cough up fair market price or even over the odds like Duncan Ferguson but that doesn't deflect or disguise their true predatory nature and the way they habitually try to shaft Hearts, Hibs, Dundee clubs, Motherwell, Kilmarnock etc etc.

How any Hearts fan can even attempt do defend them is beyond me or why they would even want to?

Hardly surprising considering he always seems to be on the side of anything other than Hearts.

Nope,and as for your second paragraph,name me any other top club who have not tried to get players on the cheep,and as for sometimes,I would think you will find almost always they have paid well over the odds for players,but hey lets not get the facts in the way of a good bashing.

And as for your third,if you take that as defending the OF then I can't do anything about that,if you want to live your life in maroon tinted glasses then on you go.

Hardly surprising considering he always seems to be on the side of anything other than Hearts.

Aye,very good,

Nope,and as for your second paragraph,name me any other top club who have not tried to get players on the cheep,and as for sometimes,I would think you will find almost always they have payed well over the odds for players,but hey lets not get the facts in the way of a good bashing.

And as for your third,if you take that as defending the OF then I can't do anything about that,if you want to live your life in maroon tinted glasses then on you go.

I can recommend that. I have lived my life with maroon tinted glasses and it is brilliant.

Recommend it to everyone here, especially OF sympathising gits who try to think rationally where the OF/SFA are concerned.

I can recommend that. I have lived my life with maroon tinted glasses and it is brilliant.

Recommend it to everyone here, especially OF sympathising gits who try to think rationally where the OF/SFA are concerned.

Perhaps you should try that as well,living in a wee bubble is not good for you,all it does is limits your life.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Correct.

Not aimed at Rudi personally, but it's laughable to suggest that the OF have not raped and pillaged other Scottish sides for players in the past.

Stick in a shan offer, get the hacks to cause unrest between "player X" and their club, and jobs a goodun.

A derisory bid, followed by the weegie press printing OF players comments about how "player X would do well here" usually allows the OF to get their man.

In fact I'd suggest that Vladimir Romanov is the very first Scottish chairman to tell the OF to **** off.

Not aimed at Rudi personally, but it's laughable to suggest that the OF have not raped and pillaged other Scottish sides for players in the past.

Stick in a shan offer, get the hacks to cause unrest between "player X" and their club, and jobs a goodun.

A derisory bid, followed by the weegie press printing OF players comments about how "player X would do well here" usually allows the OF to get their man.

In fact I'd suggest that Vladimir Romanov is the very first Scottish chairman to tell the OF to **** off.

Look,name names,tell me all these players that the OF have picked up on the cheap just to harm other clubs,oh and tell me that no other club,including ours have not tried to get players for less value than the other clubs want for them.

Have a bloody good look at the dealings we in particular have had with the OF over the years,we have made some right good signings from them for next to nowt and have sold players to them for really good money.

As for the using the weegie press to tell "player x would do well here" that is not exlusive to the OF and fine you know it.

http://sport.scotsman.com/spl/Hamill-urges-exKilmarnock-pal-Taouil.6775352.jp

The fact that the OF are the only teams who,at the moment,are parting with cash to sign someone in the same league makes it look like a bigger issue than it is,it's more high-lighted.

And I doubt very much if Vlad is the first owner/chairman to tell them to bolt is true,and you know it's not true as well.

PS cast your mind back to last season and the dealings or non-dealing with Bryson from Killie,how much did we offer?

Chester™

PS cast your mind back to last season and the dealings or non-dealing with Bryson from Killie,how much did we offer?

IIRC, the sum offered was more than what Derby eventually paid for him. The issue wasnt the money with Bryson. It was that Johnston refused to deal with Jefferies.:thumbsup:

wright1989

I give you...

Boyd and Naismith.

Look,name names,tell me all these players that the OF have picked up on the cheap just to harm other clubs,oh and tell me that no other club,including ours have not tried to get players for less value than the other clubs want for them.

Alan Gow. Falkirk valued him at ?500k but Rangers bids didnt come close. Once they'd voiced an interest he held out for a pre-contract deal then went on to rot in their reserves.

Derek Riordan we're all aware of him being led into joining Celtic. Again just to sit and rot.

Chris Killen turned down the option of his contract extension to pre-arrange a deal with Celtic.

Paul Slane after Celtic stuck their oar in he refused to sign a contract with Motherwell, John Boyle was raging as Motherwell didn't even get any compensation.

Others who've either been signed on the cheap or rarely got a look in:

Mark Brown

Darius Adamczuk

Willo Flood

Didier Agathe

must be more. I'll give you it though. Its not as easy as you might think.

fabienleclerq

Get fecking real man,

Screwball aye!! Calm down Darling! The old firm have bullied other scottish clubs to get the best deal for them. Nothing wrong with it.

I never said they are stealing all our best players for nothing just less than i think they were worth.

Screwballs?

The lady doth protest too much?

To be honest Rudi, others have mentioned the ones I could think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are others.

I'm trying to think of the player Rangers signed from a Scottish Club only to knock back a bid for him a year later...for double what they paid. They called the offer at the time "laughable", which just illustrated how they had pissed on the guys previous club. I'll keep wracking (sp?) my brain to remember who it was.

...and whilst I agree we've made a couple if decent deals off the OF, they've screwed Scottish clubs over FAR more than the other way round. I just wish I could think if more examples!!!

Archived