Lee Wallace

swavkav

Talk Sport we have offerd him a new contract , any 1 else hear this?

ROMANOV FAN CLUB

I heard a rumor that it is in the same way we offered Craig Gordon the ?17k a week contract, highest paid player at club to justify price tag on his head , and a guarantee that the first club to hit price tag will get him so I expect Wallace to sign so Hearts can cash in and he'll be gone by January transfer window at latest. (But not to the huns as he's out of their price range)

Independence

I heard a rumor that it is in the same way we offered Craig Gordon the ?17k a week contract, highest paid player at club to justify price tag on his head , and a guarantee that the first club to hit price tag will get him so I expect Wallace to sign so Hearts can cash in and he'll be gone by January transfer window at latest. (But not to the huns as he's out of their price range)

If correct this represents another greta piece of business.

Bunny Munro

If correct this represents another greta piece of business.

If we get ?3M plus then yes it will be.

If he gets crocked at Ibrox on the first day of the season and doesnt play again until next summer it could be a nightmare.

colinmaroon

For someone who lived most of my Hearts life in an environment where the Uglies, and the Blue Jedward in particular, bullied when it came to stealing players from us and others, it's another thing to thank Vlad for!

Still a fairly big risk for Wallace though. I dont think that (nor do I blame him) Wallace wants to stay at Tynecastle for the rest of his career. It could price him out a move if he doesnt kick on to the next level on the park.

Still a fairly big risk for Wallace though. I dont think that (nor do I blame him) Wallace wants to stay at Tynecastle for the rest of his career. It could price him out a move if he doesnt kick on to the next level on the park.

I dont think its that big a risk given the ability he definately has.

If he re signed and stayed injury free then a continued run in the team would undoubtably generate interest from EPL, lets face it there are many players playing and earning good dough that are worse players than Lee.

He owes us nothing but the fact that we had gone without his services for most of last season and which occured when on international duty may make him think of us a bit. He cannot lose, sign on in much improved terms with an agreement that he can go if we agree the price with him beforehand.

But the best bit about an agreement like that is it takes him further away from the blue half of the uglies.

He wins, we win and Rancers lose IMO

Jambof3tornado

A fit match sharp Wallace is already at another level to most players in Scotland!

Special Agent Dale Cooper

If he refuses to sign on the dotted line and no bids come in which match the club's valuation then it could be a long, tedious season on the sidelines for our best asset:(

The White Cockade

Lee Wallace - decent player for us

Never be a star at in England imo

I don't see it the same as Gordon where we were guaranteed to sell him for a big fee

I think the Old Firm are the only ones who would buy him or English Championship team like Cardiff

Jambothroughandthrough

Please make this happen.

It would make my year if he signed a new deal.

I don't see it the same as Gordon where we were guaranteed to sell him for a big fee

I think the Old Firm are the only ones who would buy him or English Championship team like Cardiff

think you're in the minority with that one. he's good enough to make it at a mid table epl club - given that there are about 14 English who can claim to be mid table.

Clerry Jambo

Please make this happen.

It would make my year if he signed a new deal.

It would certainly help get the feelgood factor back after the last week or so :thumbsup:

Wallace isn't ready for teams in premiership yet but one more season in mickey mouse league and he'll be ready. This depends on injuries etc.

Jambof3tornado

Championship teams pay into the millions for players too!! Its just our league thats got no money floating around it!! And there are some massive clubs in that league.

Punks No Deid

Wallace isn't ready for teams in premiership yet but one more season in mickey mouse league and he'll be ready. This depends on injuries etc.

:thumbsup: Gary Naysmith made the move n did not too bad eh? Much as I like n respect Gary, Trigger is bigger, faster n stronger ...he could do a job with the right coach down there ..ie someone like Everton rather than Wolves!

I for one would love for him to sign a new contract. I hope with all that's been said by Romanov about Mackay last week won't prove to be a stumbling block during discussions.

...a bit disco

:thumbsup: Gary Naysmith made the move n did not too bad eh? Much as I like n respect Gary, Trigger is bigger, faster n stronger ...he could do a job with the right coach down there ..ie someone like Everton rather than Wolves!

Don't think you're too wide of the mark sid.

:thumbsup:

Punks No Deid

The huns still think they'll get him.

TBF Craig, they still think they can compete with championship teams when it comes to potential signings :teehee:

The People's Chimp

Been on STV all day aye.

Don't know what you mean. There's nothing better than a rumour thread based on a bit of 4th hand information that's been in the public domain all day.

ROMANOV FAN CLUB

Just as well we have a special relationship bwith his. Agent!

Just in time for his client to sign a new deal and build some bridges back with the club, being such a Hearts man lol

Punks No Deid

Just in time for his client to sign a new deal and build some bridges back with the club, being such a Hearts man lol

:thumbsup:

Heartsofgold

He owes us nothing but the fact that we had gone without his services for most of last season and which occured when on international duty may make him think of us a bit. He cannot lose, sign on in much improved terms with an agreement that he can go if we agree the price with him beforehand.

I certainly don't agree with the part in bold. Wallace came through the youth set up. Hearts trained him, coached him to the level he is now at and gave him a chance to prove himself. Now I may be a bit old fashioned but that kind of support for your career deserves some loyalty and payback

Gods a Jambo

A fit match sharp Wallace is already at another level to most players in Scotland!

This, all day long. I think Lee being injured has clouded a few peoples judgement as he is a cracking player and imo will go onto big things.

Gods a Jambo

I certainly don't agree with the part in bold. Wallace came through the youth set up. Hearts trained him, coached him to the level he is now at and gave him a chance to prove himself. Now I may be a bit old fashioned but that kind of support for your career deserves some loyalty and payback

I agree.

ROMANOV FAN CLUB

Also the fact the huge help he has had from training with Fyssas

Everyone forgets he can quite easily slide into centre half and do a decent job. Usual Hearts fans remembering about an injury instead of thinking about how good a player we have.

think you're in the minority with that one. he's good enough to make it at a mid table epl club - given that there are about 14 English who can claim to be mid table.

If that donkey Kabul at 'Spurs is good enough for thhe EPL, Wallace certainly is.

I probably am!

romanov apologist

If that donkey Kabul at 'Spurs is good enough for thhe EPL, Wallace certainly is.

I probably am!

How much did Spurs pay for Alan Hutton ..................?

How much did Spurs pay for Alan Hutton ..................?

Wasn't it 9m? That's really worth thinking about in fact I doubt if my brain is big enough to take it in.

At a rough estimate, if he was worth that, Nade is worth 5m.

It would be great to see him marauding down the wing playing one twos with a fit Andy Driver......thumbsup.gif especially in the first game at Ibronx.

Has someone on here who is ITK not already reported that LW wants to leave and due to his extra curricular activities Hearts are happy to sell at the right price?!

If that's the case this new contract talk is a mere smokescreen!

Totally agree with the previous post about Hutton. People on here forget just how good and important to us Wallace is, he drives the whole team forward from LEFT BACK! Far more than any mid fielder currently at the club. 9m for Hutton, 3m for Wallace? Hutton is never three times the player! In a years time (provided injury free) with another season as our best player and more international caps Wallace will be worth at least 5m imo. We have just witnessed Vlads bad side if Wallace resigns then we will have just seen he good side.

Has someone on here who is ITK not already reported that LW wants to leave and due to his extra curricular activities Hearts are happy to sell at the right price?!

Not sure about the first bit. I mentioned his activities. Not sure he's actually diong anything wrong but known to be in with bad crowd and there are slight concerns and with whats happened with Black and Thomson, we don't need any more bad press. Anyway, was just a wee rumour I heard, maybe not lots in it.

That wouldn't stop the hierarchy trying to get what's best for Hearts though and that's probably a new deal with a heftyish release clause. If they can pull that off, I think we'd all agree it'd be well done.

That said, if we can get someone to spend ?15.M+ on him now, maybe even better. Got to be weighed up against what he could give the team in a potentially short space of time.

winston churchill

Everyone forgets he can quite easily slide into centre half and do a decent job.

Mentioned this many times.

Before mr webster returned.Lee was the best centre back at the club.

As for him resigning.I think he will sit tight and sign a pre contract with somebody in january.

Only a Game

We're probably going to see the usual scenario that Hearts go through when we've got a valuable player on our hands.

We set an asking price and we stick to it. I think our asking price is a tad on the high side for a left back who is still defensively suspect and only has a year to go but we're going to stick to it anyway.

In the meantime we're going to try and bully and shame him into signing a new contract which will be less than he could get elsewhere if he goes now or in a years time. If he doesnt sign it we're going to leave him out of the team until JJ convinces Romanov that we've got enough of an emergency that we have to play him. Then he'll be back in the team until his contract runs down.

Cant see anyone paying anything like ?2 million for him. Cant see him signing a new contract if his short/mid or long term ambition is to leave, either now or in a year. Cant see us NOT putting him in the naughty corner if he refuses to sign a new deal.

Dont really want him to go to Rangers but if they go to ?1 million or above then, financially we SHOULD take it IMO. I'd rather see us, if he doesnt want to sign a new deal, accepting that this is Lee's last season and playing him for the full year but cant see us adopting that sensible approach.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

We're probably going to see the usual scenario that Hearts go through when we've got a valuable player on our hands.

We set an asking price and we stick to it. I think our asking price is a tad on the high side for a left back who is still defensively suspect and only has a year to go but we're going to stick to it anyway.

In the meantime we're going to try and bully and shame him into signing a new contract which will be less than he could get elsewhere if he goes now or in a years time. If he doesnt sign it we're going to leave him out of the team until JJ convinces Romanov that we've got enough of an emergency that we have to play him. Then he'll be back in the team until his contract runs down.

Cant see anyone paying anything like ?2 million for him. Cant see him signing a new contract if his short/mid or long term ambition is to leave, either now or in a year. Cant see us NOT putting him in the naughty corner if he refuses to sign a new deal.

Dont really want him to go to Rangers but if they go to ?1 million or above then, financially we SHOULD take it IMO. I'd rather see us, if he doesnt want to sign a new deal, accepting that this is Lee's last season and playing him for the full year but cant see us adopting that sensible approach.

This is pretty much my opinion. If he wants to sign a new contract for the good of the club then terrific, but I don't wanna see him bullied into ala Zal. It's not a good way to operate. In a worst case scenario I can see him sitting in the stands all season if he objects.

One of the most talented players to come through our ranks in some time.

If Lee Wallace were to sign a new contract it would be a huge coup for Hearts, even if it was simply with a view to sell him. I still maintain, and regular readers will probably have read this a thousand times from me, that he would be a far better central midfielder.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Huh? Not heard anything negative about him since that daft laddie stuff with the air-gun. What's he been up to recently?

He's far too good for the SPL already, so signing a new deal would be terrific for us.

If he doesn't, I'm all for letting him rot in the reserves unless he leaves for a club outside Scotland. I don't want to see him playing for Rangers for the next 2-3 years.

kennyblack'sshot

I think this will become a Berra situation. He'll suddenly be sold for a decent fee, but probably less than the quoted 3m, and it will be to England not the OF.

We haven't sold a single player to the OF on the cheap since Romanov arrived and I can't see us starting now.

Great player, and I will be delighted if we don't sell him.

However, if anyone is really serious about wanting him at present, they would be making their move now. Only Rangers seem to be doing anything on that front.

For someone who lived most of my Hearts life in an environment where the Uglies, and the Blue Jedward in particular, bullied when it came to stealing players from us and others, it's another thing to thank Vlad for!

Name three?

Name three?

neil mcann...got good wongo though

Anti Niemi .... oh sorry we stole him from them

Dave Mcpherson.. sorry again they took him every time they fancied then chucked him back

Andius Velicka... oh sorry again they cheated and got him from viking ?

Andy Webster... so sorry feking this up they cheated and got him fi Wigan who they cheated with and then chucked him back ala Mcpherson when discarded

Weir?....went ther after toffees finished with him

Alan Johnson..... did he no go to France first?

Yer right I cannae think of three straight transfers :thumbsup:

EDIT: Alan Mclaren

neil mcann...got good wongo though

Anti Niemi .... oh sorry we stole him from them

Dave Mcpherson.. sorry again they took him every time they fancied then chucked him back

Andius Velicka... oh sorry again they cheated and got him from viking ?

Andy Webster... so sorry feking this up they cheated and got him fi Wigan who they cheated with and then chucked him back ala Mcpherson when discarded

Weir?....went ther after toffees finished with him

Alan Johnson..... did he no go to France first?

Yer right I cannae think of three straight transfers :thumbsup:

I think Rangers/Viking did us a favor by taking Velicka. We missed him when he went but think we sold him at a good time because he's done heehaw since.

Archived