You have 3 wishes...to go to games you missed! What would you choose...choose carefully! : )

yabadabadoo1874again

yabadabadoo1874again

Dundee Utd - v - Hearts 1986 ...what a great team we had then, and tannadice steep terracing that swaying crowd...I really believed we were gonna do it...!!!

West Germany -v- Holland World Cup Final 1974...Cruyff, Muller...!!!

Italy -v- Brazil... 82 end of the dream team...!!!

Anatoly_Korobochka

Both cup finals and Hibs at Easter Road last November

On subject the game I'm most glad I was at was against Celtic a few days after the derby when we pumped them 2-0. What an atmosphere, what a game.

I was at your top choice :)

Mine.........

1896 Scottish Cup Final

Logie Green Road

Hearts 3 v hibs 1

Cant remember the date 70's ?

Boghead

Dumbarton0 v Hearts 1

Got the train through to glasgow then a bus

Got there as the crowd were coming out :)

1957 Scottish Cup Final

Hampden

Hearts 3 v celtic 1

Never seen the fantastic side of the 50's

The 4-0 destruction of Rangers in the Cup at Tynie in 1956.

have to think hard about the others but Logie Green sounds good.

Francis Albert

The League Cup final of 1962 (I wouldn't have suffered 36 years of not seeing trophy win).

The 6-5 win at Tannadice inn the '68 cup run.

Dens in 1986 (may seem a strange choice but who knows, superstition says it might have been different if I'd been there!)

john brownlee

real madrid v entraich (spl)at humpdump was a naughty boy and my brother was taken instead .

and of course the dundee utd game, had other things on my mind at the time missed the scotland engerland(beat the world champs) game for the same reason

Dundee Utd - v - Hearts 1986 ...what a great team we had then, and tannadice steep terracing that swaying crowd...I really believed we were gonna do it...!!!

West Germany -v- Holland World Cup Final 1974...Cruyff, Muller...!!!

Italy -v- Brazil... 82 end of the dream team...!!!

Buffalo Bill

I once had to go shopping with my mum when I was 10, even walking past Tynecastle, hearing all the noise.

It was the 3rd September 1983, and inside Hearts beat Hibs 3-2 - some would say the day the club was re-born.

Gutted to have missed that.

I guess you could also throw in 1896 and 1956.

rossthejambo

1998 Cup final, too young to go myself and my parents were too superstitious to go along (hadn't been at any of the other rounds).

5-1 De Vries game, the one season I didn't have a season ticket and we pump them 5-1 and have the Graham Weir game dry.gif

Pretty much any victory at Easter Road will do for my third.

Bert Le Clos

The '98 Cup Final.

The Magic Johnston 3-0 victory over Rangers.

Phil Stamp at Easter Road.

The only game i feel bad about missing is the league cup quarter final against celtic where robbo scored in injury time. would've been in '97 i'd think. sold my ticket to my brother and watched the game on the box instead.

Coming off the back of a ridiculous game at Ibrox, a 17yr old gary naysmith winning motm and not being allowed the champers, andy thorn gaining a place in the hearts of all jambos, a ball-boy strolling on to the pitch to collect a ball that hadnt even gone out, peter grant getting sent off and an extra time winner from robbo to dump celtic out the cup.

I guess you could say the game had everything. 'Cept me :down:

Looking at this as games I've missed

1) France 0 Scotland 1, 2007. Had been at the Italy game earlier that year and was therefore forced to go on hols with the Mrs and she booked it when this game was on - didn't even see it on telly!

2) Hearts 4 Hibs 0, 2005. Game at the start of that season - only saw it on telly. Was truly the start of that season. Was at most other games that year, can't remember why wasn't at that one to be honest!

3) Every Hearts game I've missed since I moved to Morocco 2.5 years ago. Even the huge number of ones we've been shite in! Was home for 4 months last year, Oct-early Feb, which happened to coincide with our great run, and was at most home games and a couple away. It was bloomin bliss!

Was at Dens and Hampden in 86, Then the 5-1 and 4-3 finals so when it came to 98 I decided I was a jinx, my father and 2 sisters went but I listened on the radio :whistling: needless to say there was no chance of me going in 06. Not that I'm superstitious...

Dens in 1986 (may seem a strange choice but who knows, superstition says it might have been different if I'd been there!)

I feel the same !

The 4-4 derby match - I had to work

Man U winning the 99 CL - possibly the best team I've ever seen.

Scott_HMFC1874

2-1 vs Hibs when Stamp scored the winner

The game where Takis Fyssas scored his only goal for us against Dundee Utd, I think. One of my all time favourite players was devastated I missed his only goal for us.

Third one is tough, either Rangers at Ibrox after we secured 2nd or Easter Rd after they had won the diddy cup. Can't decide.

Fortunate to have been at both cup wins and the 4-0 semi!

AllyjamboDerbyshire

No problem with first choice, Hearts 3 Celtic 2, mid sixties. Had flu so mum wouldn't let me go :down: Wallace scored a wonder goal, got another and I'm sure it was Don Kerrigan got the other. George Miller was carried off inside 2 mins and no sub so we played game with only 10 men. Glasgow media had a field day trying to make excuses for Celtic :whistling:

Next would be 6-5 win over Dundee United at Tannadice, on way to final. I remember thinking it said 5-0 to United on telly, the results announcer couldn't believe it either.

Then there was the new Year Derby where Hibs hammered us 0-0. Jim Cruickshank, my all time hero, was just incredible. I was up in Dundee with family, too young to stay at home, and despite knowing it was 0-0 still couldn't believe that famous Cruicky penalty save and ended on the floor watching the highlights. Still brings a lump to my throat thinking of that great man.

rossthejambo

The game where Takis Fyssas scored his only goal for us against Dundee Utd, I think. One of my all time favourite players was devastated I missed his only goal for us.

Was Motherwell, was a fine goal as well. (Not that I'm trying to rub it in you understand :D )

Great thread at last!

Hearts games I wish I'd been to would be:

Hearts 4 Hibs 4 New year game. I was sitting in my house in Birmingham still hungover but the radio cheered me up that day. One of the most enjoyable minutes of my life.

Hearts 2 Celtic 1 at Tynie- the Austin McCann winner in the last minute.

Dundee Utd 0 Hearts 3. It must have been amazing to be convinced that we were going to win the league.

Non Hearts matches:-

Barcalona 5 Real Madrid 0

Brazil 4 Italy 1 in the 1970 world cup final

Argentina 2 England 1 in the 'hand of God' game. I reckon that would have been funny.

Victor Meldrew

The 4-4 game

The 3-0 win at Ibrox in 1996

The 3-2 win at Parkhead when we came back from 2-0 down (2000?)

Hearts 1:0 Bayern Munich

Missed that one, no idea why actually....

Hearts 4:2 Slavia Prague

Was in Germany visiting my then lady friend. Frankfurters looking at me strangely as I read the result in the European Guardian the next day.

And finally the first derby back in the Premier League in '83 as mentioned by Buffalo Bill. That must've been fantastic.

heartsfc_fan

4-0 Cup Semi at Hampden v Hibs.

I was on a plane to New York during the match :ermm:

Hearts v Celtic 1956....Hearts v lokomotiv Leipzig 1976.....Hearts v hibs first ever derby game and we beat them then as well :thumbsup: Non Hearts games....Brazil v Italy 1970....Brazil v Italy 1982....But the ultimate for me would have to be what i would class as the most amazing scenes EVER at a football game...ENGLAND V SCOTLAND 1977

1. Rangers 0-3 Allan Johnston, was at a freebie at Hibs 0-0 Motherwell and my wife took the ticket.

2. Bordeaux 0-1 Hearts, had not seen Hearts win away in Europe at that point (cured at Basle) despite being at most away matches from Munich onwards and had booked a week in Tenerife (that damn wife again) and the good Lord didn't answer my prayers for a home leg first.

3. Tough to think of a third but probably England 0-1 Scotland in 1999. The play-off ultimately ended in defeat but what an effort! Had a ticket for this game too but being 2-0 down from Hampden a minor signalling fault on the London Underground was all the encouragement about half a dozen of us needed to go back to Pentonville Prison Club where we watched on TV. Briefly thought about hailing taxis and heading over at half time!!!

Not concerned with games outwith my lifetime as there are probably far too many to choose from but I could/should have been at the above. I'm grateful to have been at a lot of the games mentioned in this thread. Stickouts are France 0-1 Scotland, Hearts 3-2 Hibs and the Coca Cola Cup QF of 1996/97. :thumbsup:

yabadabadoo1874again

Some great games there : )....hearts 3 hibs 2....was lucky enough to be there still dream of Robbos chip over Rough.... wembley 77...cup final in the 50s.... : )

Jambo_Jarman

Hearts 4 v 2 Rangers (Scottish Cup, 1995)

Rangers 0 v 3 Hearts (Premier Division, 1996)

Celtic 2 v 3 Hearts (SPL, 2000)

Nookie Bear

First game I thought of when I saw the thread title was the Lokomotiv Leipzig game.

1966 World Cup Final (sorry!)

The Queen of the South away game (early 80's?) which still seems to get talked up on here.

(Great thread idea, OP :thumbsup: )

Good thread.

Hearts games in my lifetime....

Hearts 7 Dunfermline 1 - was on a stag do so gave my ST to my mate's wife. I've never seen Hearts score 7 goals in my life. :angry:

Bayern Munich 2 Hearts 0 - I was too young to go and even though we lost, to be the width of the post away from a European semi-final is something I'd love to have seen.

Hearts 2 Hibs 1 - Stampy game. Watched it in a packed boozer in Glasgow and was the only one in the pub going mental. Was with a Hibby mate which was good, but would've much rather have been going mental in the away end.

Before my time is easy - Scottish Cup wins.

Bunny Munro

98 Final

Bordeaux

Scotish Cup final 1902 - simply to say to guy next to me, "I hope you enoy this, your grandkids are gonna have it tough"

Nookie Bear

4-0 Cup Semi at Hampden v Hibs.

I was on a plane to New York during the match :ermm:

I should have said this game as well. I was on a plane between Bangkok and Phuket and it was 2-0 by the time we landed. :angry:

I would have to say:

98 Cup Final

06 Cup Final

06 Semi-Final

Bordeuax Away

Basel Away

Beating Hibs 5-1

Beating Aberdeen to qualify for the Champions League qualifiers

Beating Hibs 4-0 on New Year

Humping Dunfermline 7-1

Bednar beating Rangers

Pissing on the wee cup parade

Beating Hibs 1-0 on New Year's Day....

....Oh wait, I was at all of them.

yas!.gif

98 Final

Bordeaux

Scotish Cup final 1902 - simply to say to guy next to me, "I hope you enoy this, your grandkids are gonna have it tough"

:thumbsup: "Like" :thumbsup:

Hearts Heritage

Out of the 11 Winning Cup finals only a few could be considered 'classics'.

For me it would have to be one of these four

The one that truly stands out Is the 1901 Bobby Walker final . So I'd go with that one and we can resolve who exactly the 4 Hearts goal scores were.

There would have to be a Derby. Whilst it would be great to be at one of the 35 horsings we dished out to them. A close tense game would be more appropriate .

So a choice out of this lot

The 5th game of the 1878 EFA cup final. Those series of games established Hearts as Hibs rivals in Edinburgh. NB I have deliberately put it that way round as had 'Thistle' or 'Hanover' played in those 5 matches they might have become predominant rather than 'the Heart'.

The 1-0 league 'decider' in 1896

The 65,000 plus 2-1 victory in 1950

I'd go with the 1878 especially to see how radically different the game was then.

Ps I was there on 3rd of September 1983. A truly wonderful match.

A third one a difficult choice

See a game from 1914-15 would be too painful I think.

My favourite forward line was the one of the late 1930s. The 5-2 defeat of Rangers is a possibility

But I would pick the recovery from 2-0 down at Ibrox in 1957-58 to win 3-2 and missing a penalty on the way as well.

The in

Only a Game

I once had to go shopping with my mum when I was 10, even walking past Tynecastle, hearing all the noise.

It was the 3rd September 1983, and inside Hearts beat Hibs 3-2 - some would say the day the club was re-born.

Gutted to have missed that.

I guess you could also throw in 1896 and 1956.

That is a real bad one to miss BB because there is no TV footage of it in existence.

The last 4 minutes of the 4-4 game seeing as how I fecked off in a huge strop when the vermin went 3-2 up :(

Seymour M Hersh

I wish I'd been at the Liverpool v Milan game. The first one when the reds were 3-0 down at half time.

Also wish I'd gone to Rome in 77 instead of Wembley (D'oh schoolboy error).

There's probably loads of other games both LFC & HMFC games I wish I'd been at.

Surprised more folk have not put Wayne's game at Fester Road in the cup. I was there and it was fantastic.

The Old Tolbooth

My 3games are as follows

1998 Scottish Cup final

I couldn't make it because I'd just been made redundant and the ex wife at the time was giving me severe earache about trying to scrimp and scrape the money together to go. Guilt got the better of me as I had a young kid with another on the way, and I decided to watch it at my mates house with half a dozen Rangers fans, and although ramming it up them in front of them was superb, I was gutted not to be there, this will be my biggest regret ever in football until the day I die :(

Dundee Utd 5 Hearts 6 (Scottish Cup match in March 1968)

I've read the report of this game and it would have been absolutely amazing to have been there, the tension involved in this game would have been unbelievable and it would be good to hear fans accounts from on here who actually attended the game.

Brazil v Italy 1982 World Cup

I remember watching this match as an 11 year old, and being captivated by it. I was dying on the Brazilians to win, even though they had just thrashed my beloved Scotland at the time 4-1 after a Dave Narey toe poke :whistling: , but you had to admire the Italians then too as they were a great side to watch, probably one of the best games I've ever witnessed in the World Cup, but one of which I'd love to have been there.

And finally the first derby back in the Premier League in '83 as mentioned by Buffalo Bill. That must've been fantastic.

I took my friend(John) who was a chicken farmer from East Calder, working in Libya who had no idea about football or the Derby game.

We walked from Lothian Road along the Western approach road to Diggers and had a couple of beers. Into Tynecastle where we had the obligatory pies followed by a feast of football, particularly from John Robertson.

I was positively having orgasms over the display of Hearts after having been through a fair bit of pish the previous 6 years.

John still has no idea about football or Heart of Midlothian but he was jumping up down like a banshee that day.

Hail to the Chickens John!!

Thunderstruck

The '98 Final. The TV in the HQ was tuned to FA Cup Final and only getting snippets of Scottish game. Longest 90 minutes -ever - but an "interesting" evening,

There's just so many games celebrating Hearts successes to pick from. :thumbsup:

On another note though, one game I really wish I had attended was the last away game v the sheep in 1998 - the day the Hibs vermin went down :teehee:

98 Final

Bordeaux

And your great, great, great, great, great, great etc, grandkids.

Wonderful choice of game. Wish I thought of it. If time travel is invented, I'll see you there.

PsychocAndy

Both winning cup finals/

First one young kids, they needed the money more than me.

Second one could only get 1 ticket and couldn't have looked the Wee Fella in the eye if I went.

Bayern Munich, had missed the other home games and didn't want to jinx us.

Was at the Leipzig game though.

Can I go back to the 98 cup final even though I didnt miss it? It was the best day of my life!

I'll go back too, after 35 years, 5 months and 2 weeks of support I finally saw Hearts win a trophy - what do you mean was I counting? lol

Archived