why is it hmfckick....co.uk? and not jamboskickback.co.uk?

HMFC4ME

I vaguely remember someone telling me that this board used to be on jamboskickback.co.uk.

is this true? why did it change?

I vaguely remember someone telling me that this board used to be on jamboskickback.co.uk.

is this true? why did it change?

It was. And it's why some people refer to it as 'JKB'.

I guess it was something to do with the last server change. But I'm sure the mods will be on their way with the proper answer.

It was. And it's why some people refer to it as 'JKB'.

I guess it was something to do with the last server change. But I'm sure the mods will be on their way with the proper answer.

It's referred to as JKB as it's still called Jambos Kickback.

Think a previous owner of the site maybe owns that old domain.

When we took over the forum 3 or 4 years ago we had to make a few changes.

The domain name was one of us.

Some of still refer to the forum as KB which it was before even JKB. :thumbsup:

dobmisterdobster

Domain name:

jamboskickback.co.uk

Is there any way we can recover the domain name?

When we took over the forum 3 or 4 years ago we had to make a few changes.

The domain name was one of us.

Some of still refer to the forum as KB which it was before even JKB. :thumbsup:

why change the domain name though?

surely the previous owner would have been happy to transfer over the domain name?

i found this LINK, kinda half explains the story.

why was there a change? is it still run by anyone involved at "Tynecastle Ltd"?

surely the previous owner would have been happy to transfer over the domain name?

Not sure what you are trying to establish? Do you have you a hidden agenda?

paranoid.jpg

oh know I've been rumbled! lol what agenda could i possibly have?

I'm interested in the history of a Forum that I frequent everyday, Im also an amateur web developer myself so its interesting to find out about web management & how web/admin migration took place.

enough for you?

It is indeed.

I don't want to discuss the former owners at all, sorry.

You'll just have to accept my word that we felt that we had to change the name.

Domain name:

jamboskickback.co.uk

Is there any way we can recover the domain name?

Why recover it?! What's wrong with the current address?

mod delete

Creepy Lurker

Might it be a good idea to remove what looks like it might be someone's home address from this thread?

Granted, it's in Canada, but even so...

The former owner, known as Godsajambo, was in my opinion, a bit of a nutjob and a fantasist. I'm sure that probably has something to do with it.

:thumbsup:

Guest juvehearts

[/b]

correct

mod delete

im not gonae say any more on the matter or i will get banned for good from this site

you will notice that i dont have a paid membership either.

think you will know whos party i side with

juve

Creepy Lurker

I like the idea of us all taking sides. We could dress up as medieval knights and settle this for good in a field somewhere. In fact, bigger and stronger posters could dress up as horses and we could have proper jousting and shit. It'd be splendid fun.

Whaddya say, mods?

I hope that you all enjoy the forum and take pride in our charitable donations and all of the sponsorship we provide to the club and their community projects.

A group of people have put an incredible amount of work and effort into this site for no financial reward and we're happy that you like to post here. :thumbsup:

itsnomarooned

I hope that you all enjoy the forum and take pride in our charitable donations and all of the sponsorship we provide to the club and their community projects.

A group of people have put an incredible amount of work and effort into this site for no financial reward and we're happy that you like to post here. :thumbsup:

...... and so say all of us.

Vlad-Stupid

I like the idea of us all taking sides. We could dress up as medieval knights and settle this for good in a field somewhere. In fact, bigger and stronger posters could dress up as horses and we could have proper jousting and shit. It'd be splendid fun.

Whaddya say, mods?

Can't say Im keen on the idea of riding somebody (or indeed being ridden) in to battle :unsure: other than that the jousting sounds splendid :)

Can't say Im keen on the idea of riding somebody (or indeed being ridden) in to battle :unsure: other than that the jousting sounds splendid :)

Who on kickback would everyone ride into battle, or is that another thread?

scott_jambo

im not gonae say any more on the matter or i will get banned for good from this site

No, please. Carry on...

KB/JKB/hmfckickback's own Kofi Annan.

thumbsup.gif

Mmmmmm seems somethin went on that left a bit of bad blood between the new and old admin teams. Intriguing!

Can anyone give us a potted history of the forum tho? When it started, who started it etc?

I've got no clue whatsoever how these things work. I mean, did JKB start with one guy in his bedroom? Who looks after it now? How do you become admin? Who is the definitive top guy on here who has the power to turn JKB off? What's the link between us and Canada? Is there physically someone in an office over there reading this....for a living?

How does it all work, tell me...

As I understand it, it begins:

Once upon a time there was a man who sold pies and owned a football club.

Just sayin.

Scott Wilson of Forth FM started the first message board on the official site before it got too big for the club to run and moderate.

One of the main falling outs was about a plasma TV that was promised as a raffle prize but not delivered....

It caused mayhem at the time. I'm sure the mods won't want it all dragged up again so I'll leave it at that.

changing the subject a wee bit, but kind of still on topic, could the owners possibly register a shorter domain name as well such as www.jkb.co.uk and use this as a redirect address to www.hmfckickback.co.uk, it would be a handy wee shortcut address for mobile browsing and quick rowsing at work for just a couple of quid :D

chester copperpot

Old regime were removed after the fiasco of 'where's the plasma T.V' debate.

Some issues surrounding a raffle and prizes going 'missing'.

As the seller of the winning ticket, I am firmly on the new owners side.

Far more up front and honest than the previous board.

this all sounds very intriguing! what have I uncovered lol

The men in Maroon suits will be round any day now :(

but as Mr sifter suggests it would be nice to get a bit of history on the board.

also in response to the address of a registrant info being posted in the forum, that is already posted in the public domain anyway.

the registrant is usually given the option to have it omitted and by not doing so allows his/her info to be published.

Old regime were removed after the fiasco of 'where's the plasma T.V' debate.

Some issues surrounding a raffle and prizes going 'missing'.

As the seller of the winning ticket, I am firmly on the new owners side.

Far more up front and honest than the previous board.

Once again, excuse my ignorance, but how was it possible to have the old regime 'removed'? Surely if it's their domain name then it's their website? Meaning no one can throw them out of their own site? Have I got this wrong?

(not really looking for info on plasmagate, just interested in how the site evolved into it's current state)

.....oh, and Id still like to know what Canada has got to do with us!!!

chester copperpot

Once again, excuse my ignorance, but how was it possible to have the old regime 'removed'? Surely if it's their domain name then it's their website? Meaning no one can throw them out of their own site? Have I got this wrong?

(not really looking for info on plasmagate, just interested in how the site evolved into it's current state)

.....oh, and Id still like to know what Canada has got to do with us!!!

Think there was a problem with legal action against JKB as it had advertised certain prizes in a raffle.

Ach I cannae be arsed, this has been done to death, nothing against you mate, I just cannae be arsed bringing it up again.

Plasma Telly, Money got stolen, Boy who organised it suddenly disappeared.

I was glued to my pc during plasmagate around 2006 iirc , another scandal of the same magnitude would be most welcome.

Maple Leaf is one of our admins. I assume he is the registered name for the site. He lives in Canada.

Maple Leaf is one of our admins. I assume he is the registered name for the site. He lives in Canada.

Spot on. I think he is the outright owner of the new domain.

I have been a member sinc 1997 when we were attatched to the official website. I think it crashed more than it was on! When Hearts scored, it was a nighmare!

Plasma/IrvineJambo - :vrface:

Whats next?

As an aside, what happened to the yearly JKB party/meet up? :whistling:

Kickback's greatest moments were the IrvineJambo/Plasmagate/WAJ's Pimpin' KB Angels.

The company is in Maple Leaf's name and as you can tell by his name, he's an ex-pat living in Ontario. He's been a Hearts supporter for almost 97 years now and he loves HMFC. (:lol: :lol:) The 5 of us who run the thing are all friends and we run everything together, usually with lots of terrible chat and disagreement but we get there in the end. Dexter is the computer geek genius who keeps this monster on the road although he's been helped by Ulysses from time to time. The sheer hours that pair have put in over the years have been incredible. The website is here because of those two guys and all of the help, effort, support and organisation they get from Dave McLaren and Maple Leaf.

I just get the pints in and talk about football abd inform them about interesting developments in the worlds of hip-hop and chebs and such like. :thumbsup:

I still don't want to comment on the previous owners, the plasma TV debacle or the Irvine Jambo extravaganza except to say, this forum truly has provided some astonishing entertainment over the years. We hope things are calmer and more settled with the current "brain trust" runnin' tings. Now it's mostly about keeping the thing ticking over and how best to donate the small amounts of money that we get.

As I've said many times, we're so proud every time we make a payment to a charity, sponsor a new group of players or some of our forum members get to represent us all at a function because they won the chance to do so in a raffle or whatever. We're approaching 15k of donations and sponsorship in the years we've been doing thing and we hope we can keep it working for a while to come. :thumbsup:

I was glued to my pc during plasmagate around 2006 iirc , another scandal of the same magnitude would be most welcome.

ooft me too. theres been a couple of threads where i would just sit and hit refresh hahaha

Walter Kidd

The company is in Maple Leaf's name and as you can tell by his name, he's an ex-pat living in Ontario. He's been a Hearts supporter for almost 97 years now and he loves HMFC. (:lol: :lol:) The 5 of us who run the thing are all friends and we run everything together, usually with lots of terrible chat and disagreement but we get there in the end. Dexter is the computer geek genius who keeps this monster on the road although he's been helped by Ulysses from time to time. The sheer hours that pair have put in over the years have been incredible. The website is here because of those two guys and all of the help, effort, support and organisation they get from Dave McLaren and Maple Leaf.

I just get the pints in and talk about football abd inform them about interesting developments in the worlds of hip-hop and chebs and such like. :thumbsup:

I still don't want to comment on the previous owners, the plasma TV debacle or the Irvine Jambo extravaganza except to say, this forum truly has provided some astonishing entertainment over the years. We hope things are calmer and more settled with the current "brain trust" runnin' tings. Now it's mostly about keeping the thing ticking over and how best to donate the small amounts of money that we get.

As I've said many times, we're so proud every time we make a payment to a charity, sponsor a new group of players or some of our forum members get to represent us all at a function because they won the chance to do so in a raffle or whatever. We're approaching 15k of donations and sponsorship in the years we've been doing thing and we hope we can keep it working for a while to come. :thumbsup:

I like you. Dexter loves the Hibs Boaby though.

portobellojambo1

Mmmmmm seems somethin went on that left a bit of bad blood between the new and old admin teams. Intriguing!

Can anyone give us a potted history of the forum tho? When it started, who started it etc?

I've got no clue whatsoever how these things work. I mean, did JKB start with one guy in his bedroom? Who looks after it now? How do you become admin? Who is the definitive top guy on here who has the power to turn JKB off? What's the link between us and Canada? Is there physically someone in an office over there reading this....for a living?

How does it all work, tell me...

Don't want to step on anyone's toes, and agree with Cosanostra, that to an extent it is dragging up things from the past that don't need to be brought up. Prior to the site being taken under the wing of the present owner, based in Canada, the site was run by two persons, who at one point were friends, but by the end of the day probably weren't, in fact remove the probably (cannot think of any more diplomatic way to put it). The site itself was in danger of going down the tubes, due to financial problems and general background differences of opinion between the two persons (the TV thing was just an offshoot of questionable management). I won't go into details about the financial side of it, other than to say things weren't pretty (I got a look at the accounts for a reason). The new owner took it under his wing and we've bashed on from there.

I believe one of the parties still has his own website, and may have retained the former domain name for his own use/reasons, therefore a fresh domain name was introduced (just do as I did, set it up on your favourites, and rename the favourite link as Jambos Kickback, the actual web address is irrelevant in the overall scheme of things).

So this guy Maple Leaf is 97?

He may look that old but I was exaggerating for comic effect.

I guess I failed miserably. :(

If I ever knew the reason for the change in domain name, I've forgotten. It might have had something to do with one of the server migrations we've done, when we needed two servers running simultaneously.

The history behind the present ownership of JKB is contained in the link supplied by HMFC4ME earlier in this thread. In that link I acknowledged the contribution of the previous owners, who kept the message board alive after HMFC abruptly closed Kickback down. The working relationship of those two men, and the reasons for JKB being sold, is their business and I have no intention of commenting on it.

Although JKB is legally owned by me, and I live in Ontario, ALL decisions regarding the board are made by the 5-member management team. This democratic approach works well for us, and there are no plans to change it. As for whether we're mates, I've met cosanostra once and davemclaren once. I've never met Dexter or Ulysses.

I'm not 97, but there are times I feel like it. :D I went to my first Hearts game in 1946 or 1947. My dad was a staunch Hearts supporter, as was my grandfather, who started going to Hearts games in the 1890s. My grandfather was the trainer of Hearts in 1911. He knew some of the players who joined McCrae's battalion in 1914.

Not to be morbid, or wish any ill will...... but who gets control when you pop your clogs? Are we going to see the remaining admins turn on each other in a frenzied grab for power, possibly culminating in a fight/stabbing/mutilated animal head on pillow? Or is Maple Leaf Jr taking the reins?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The clique will be putting together a consortium to buy out the current owners soon.

Watch this space. :thumbsup:

Archived