ZANDER DIAMOND DEAL COLLAPSES

Ryan Gosling

Cheers LP, up to speed with this much.thumbsup.gif

Still wondering if there is confirmation that the deal has collapsed. For example, Hearts/Diamond/Diamond's representative saying the deal is dead. I won't buy into "The Sun is always right" I'm afraid.

Ah right, sorry. :sweat:

I'm guessing someone from Hearts has told the paper that we're looking elsewhere, or maybe Hearts have told Diamond's agent that and he's went to the papers to maybe let clubs know it's far from a done deal. Either way, I don't think it's baseless, but I don't think it would be likely that the club would come out and make a statement saying the deal is off.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tommy Wiseau

Cheers LP, up to speed with this much.thumbsup.gif

Still wondering if there is confirmation that the deal has collapsed. For example, Hearts/Diamond/Diamond's representative saying the deal is dead. I won't buy into "The Sun is always right" I'm afraid.

It's ok, you don't need to. Just keep reading between the lines of your old friend Charles' posts and he'll see you right. :verysmug:

It's ok, you don't need to. Just keep reading between the lines of your old friend Charles' posts and he'll see you right. :verysmug:

Thanks, Charles.

All I need now is video of Diamond locked out the main gates on Gorgie Road, shouting indiscriminately over the gate that "his ankle was guid" then I am there.

Oh, or one of the three above noted parties confirming it will never happen.thumbsup.gif

jamboinglasgow

I am already looking forward to seeing Prince Bauben arrive this week after reading between the lines of one of your posts. I hope that is true.

portobellojambo1

I think when Diamond broke through into the Aberdeen first team he looked a real prospect, if he could get back to that sort of form he could be a real asset. As for him being an absolute Bawbag, is his attitude really any more questionable than Websters?

Just because Aberdeen fans are happy to see the back of him does not mean that the coaching staff at Hearts could not get the best out of him. He is still only 26.

If he signs, i think we might just end up with a solid centre half who wants to prove his doubters wrong, i'm certainly willing to give him a try.

Diamond has been fecked for three years now. He buggered his knee originally in 2008, done further damage to it in 2009, and an operation to correct it failed (he chose to have one operation despite being told it would take a minimum of three different operations, with no guarantee of success). He is finished as a footballer, and his agent saying HMFC is still interested makes sense, as he will have to try and find him a club somewhere, somehow.

I haven't been to church in a wee while, but I will be there on Sunday. The thought of that useless Celtic loving, bigoted, ugly feck wit Diamond being nowhere near our club now has me thinking it is time to recreate a link with the Lord, given this proves he must exist.

(in relation to Diamond what I heard today was that HMFC have looked again at the scans of his ankle and are unwilling to take the risk of signing him, as he is basically buggered, and not going to get any better).

gowestjambo

I hear the official club photographer who refused to take a team photo with Diamond in it, has contacted the club to offer his services again..........

Diamond has been fecked for three years now. He buggered his knee originally in 2008, done further damage to it in 2009, and an operation to correct it failed (he chose to have one operation despite being told it would take a minimum of three different operations, with no guarantee of success). He is finished as a footballer, and his agent saying HMFC is still interested makes sense, as he will have to try and find him a club somewhere, somehow.

I haven't been to church in a wee while, but I will be there on Sunday. The thought of that useless Celtic loving, bigoted, ugly feck wit Diamond being nowhere near our club now has me thinking it is time to recreate a link with the Lord, given this proves he must exist.

(in relation to Diamond what I heard today was that HMFC have looked again at the scans of his ankle and are unwilling to take the risk of signing him, as he is basically buggered, and not going to get any better).

I'm not sure if you mean he is buggered due to his ankle injury, which iirc hasn't really prevented him from playing, or has it?. Or his he buggered from an ongoing knee injury, which hasn't really been mentioned in the will he won't saga. Has Diamond not played pretty regularly over the past couple of seasons?

If we don't sign Diamond, i don't think that there is any doubt we could do with an experienced centre half at the club, as it seems Barr isn't favoured, Zali seems to be away (otherwise why look at Diamond to play alongside Webster) and lets be honest Webster is far from reliable on the injuries front.

Honestly can't put into words how much I didn't want him to sign.

Absolutely honking player.

portobellojambo1

I'm not sure if you mean he is buggered due to his ankle injury, which iirc hasn't really prevented him from playing, or has it?. Or his he buggered from an ongoing knee injury, which hasn't really been mentioned in the will he won't saga. Has Diamond not played pretty regularly over the past couple of seasons?

If we don't sign Diamond, i don't think that there is any doubt we could do with an experienced centre half at the club, as it seems Barr isn't favoured, Zali seems to be away (otherwise why look at Diamond to play alongside Webster) and lets be honest Webster is far from reliable on the injuries front.

Apologies, I just realised I'd said knee instead of ankle when originally posting, I meant ankle. Andy Webster arrived without having played for a while, and did well for us towards the end of the season, in fact in the game versus Hibs at Easter Road he looked very much like his old self, and produced a superb display. With the correct pre season training I can only see him getting better. And having been at Tannadice last game of season I would have no fear if we started next season with either Barr or McGowan alongside Webster in central defence. Better to have Webster help develop a young player already on our books, than develop a Celtic loving, bigoted cripple, who shouldn't even be allowed into Tynecastle if he turns up with the opposition team.

Apologies, I just realised I'd said knee instead of ankle when originally posting, I meant ankle. Andy Webster arrived without having played for a while, and did well for us towards the end of the season, in fact in the game versus Hibs at Easter Road he looked very much like his old self, and produced a superb display. With the correct pre season training I can only see him getting better. And having been at Tannadice last game of season I would have no fear if we started next season with either Barr or McGowan alongside Webster in central defence. Better to have Webster help develop a young player already on our books, than develop a Celtic loving, bigoted cripple, who shouldn't even be allowed into Tynecastle if he turns up with the opposition team.

So you're undecided if Diamond would be a good signing for us then?whistling.gif

Snake Plissken

I'm pleased because I think we've got quite enough of those Catholics in the squad now.

Don't need another one, tbh.

I'm pleased because I think we've got quite enough of those Catholics in the squad now.

Don't need another one, tbh.

Damn straight! :whistling:

Nearly got

IM A DONG DANDER

Actually having looked at it again

If you jumble up ALEXANDER KEVIN DIAMOND you come up with

Complete dog shit ugly useless pile of monkey spunk.

Tommy Wiseau

Actually having looked at it again

If you jumble up ALEXANDER KEVIN DIAMOND you come up with

Complete dog shit ugly useless pile of monkey spunk.

And you didn't even need to jumble the letters up. :thumbsup:

Governor Tarkin

Loving the hatred here PJ1 :)

Ray Winstone

Aberdeen saying ankle not a problem and talks are still alive !

So says the Evening Express.

But that probably has less credibility than any of the national tabloids.

not sure what its got to do with aberdeen :ermm:

Tommy Wiseau

They're talking pish in a desperate attempt to get shot of the bigoted shitehawk.

He'll not be darkening HMFC's door with a maroon jersey on any time soon.

palin-dancing-snl.gif

Poetry.

:verysmug:

Ray Winstone

They're talking pish in a desperate attempt to get shot of the bigoted shitehawk.

palin-dancing-snl.gif

It is his agent that is saying it.

The Old Tolbooth

Nothing to do with them, he's not one of their players anymore, maybe the newspaper reporting this is worried that paw Broon will re-sign him :D

kingantti1874

I think the ankle is an excuse, I think they have been browsing these boards and thought better of it... Quite rightly that arsehole would have been crucifed after his first bad game...

He's a bawbag

jambopompey

not sure what its got to do with aberdeen :ermm:

they'll be bricking it incase he wants to resign for them

Clerry Jambo

GTF Zanny, lets give Barr and McGowan a chance

Put his wages towards getting "The Prince" :thumbsup:

Tommy Wiseau

It is his agent that is saying it.

He's a shitehawk anaw. :thumbsup:

Denny Crane

Yes we really wanted this ugly piece of work here

0,,10289~3543899,00.jpg

JamboRossi79

palin-dancing-snl.gif

Why would Aberdeen be trying to get rid of a player who is out of contract ?!?!!? laugh.gif

Tommy Wiseau

Why would Aberdeen be trying to get rid of a player who is out of contract ?!?!!? laugh.gif

Because he has nowhere else to go on his gammy ankle.

:verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug:

JamboRossi79

Because he has nowhere else to go on his gammy ankle.

:verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug:

All well and good Mr Faceman but what has that got to do with Aberdeen ?

Commander Harris

I read the thread title as "ZANDER DIAMOND COLLAPSES"

disappointed :(

Tommy Wiseau

All well and good Mr Faceman but what has that got to do with Aberdeen ?

Paxman will be sleeping easy the night. :rolleyes:

Aberdeen see us as rivals and are hooching for us to take "Big Zanny" :yucky: , a contracted Aberdeen player, in order that we have the worst centre back in the league on our books.

Everyone associated with Aberdeen is desperate for this move to come off, not just ZD's agent. :thumbsup:

Chris Benoit

GTF Zanny, lets give Barr and McGowan a chance

Put his wages towards getting "The Prince" :thumbsup:

You feeling ok Clerry? Really hasn't been the best of days for you has it? :(

I hope we've seriously screwed his chances with other teams by telling everyone about this ankle problem. :jjyay:

JamboRossi79

If Diamond was Plan A - what on earth will Plan B turn out to be ?

It's funny you should mention that as I just turned round to my Mrs when I read the story and said the exact same thing. I had actually got used to the idea of Diamond signing and JJ seemed very happy with it so was prepared to trust him on it. Oh well wasn't to be we'll have to see what the future brings.

Denny Crane

Reading that, it appears that Mr Romanov has not forgotten about THAT Diamond v Miko spat and that the 'ankle' might be a convenient ruse.

Whatever - he's no Craig Levein is Mr Diamond.

Harry Palmer

Great stuff.

Let's hope we have other targets.... and not an injury prone and bombscare at the start.....

That won't do.

scott_jambo

If Diamond was Plan A - what on earth will Plan B turn out to be ?

Plan B can be Mcgowan, Baletoni, Calum Sives, Paul Ritchie, Dave Mcpherson or Calum Best SNF10BIZT1-280_466930a.jpg

The important thing is that Diamond will not be pulling on the maroon. thumbsup.gif

Radioactive Mince

Preceeding the rest of this post, a disclaimer: I have a vivid imagination.

Is there any law in football that a medical has to be true and accurate? You can't, say, invite a player you hate in for signing talks, agree a hefty wedge of weekly dough + incentives and then, at the 11th hour, send them packing over something that may or may not be an injury worry... Is even Vlad that vengeful? I'd hope so. Furthermore, VR might have known all about his dodgy ankle/knee/whatever and just decided to spitefully tell him to bolt, potentially scaring off other clubs(!) in the process. Be great if he ended up at Stirling Albion or somewhere because no big team would touch him.

Archived