Zander Diamond

basher161

This is good news.

If I were part of the smiley brigade, i'd drop a 'pleasing' one in here.

rossthejambo

Ah the radio. Damn that medium of communication to hell. It's forever my undoing, don't you know.

I must have made it up then.

Sorry everyone.

:lol:

Tommy Wiseau

Ianbaird sailing into they treacherous arrogance waters here. :lol:

Agreed. You have to go with the manager. If JJ signs him and he proves to be of limited use then he should take the blame; however, some of the comments on here are just ridiculous considering he hasn't pulled a marroon jersey on yet.

So no one should have an opinion on a player that they have seen play dozens of times over the last 6/7 years and even if they have, should just assume he'll be fine until he proves otherwise?

No-one's advocating giving the lad pelters from the stands mate!

i really, really, really don't give a skittery wet shit who wanted to sign zander diamond because at the end of the day, it's still zander diamond.

VR's diamond is as equally rotten as JJ's diamond.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I really don't believe Diamond is a Mr Romanov target.

He goes for players like Pinilla and Kingston, not some Scotch diddy ffs.

Johanes de Silentio

Which is worse:

Signing Xander Diamond?

or

Signing an injured Xander Diamond?

I really don't believe Diamond is a Mr Romanov target.

He goes for players like Pinilla and Kingston, not some Scotch diddy ffs.

JJ's list in the post above looks awfully like the sort of one which Robbo provided back in 2005.

To which VR said 'NUTS' and provided us with Jankauskas and Fyssas!

Tommy Wiseau

JJ's list in the post above looks awfully like the sort of one which Robbo provided back in 2005.

To which VR said 'NUTS' and provided us with Jankauskas and Fyssas!

:lol:

"We've had a look at the list you gave us Mr Robertson... all the best in your future endeavours" - poor Robbo mustn't have had a clue what he was being asked for.

rossmaroon

So no one should have an opinion on a player that they have seen play dozens of times over the last 6/7 years and even if they have, should just assume he'll be fine until he proves otherwise?

I understand. It's just that when this boy first signed for Aberdeen he was very highly rated and his ex school team manager (a Jambo) thought he would be a future Scotland captain. I have seen him many times and not been impressed, but our manager must have seen something or think he would benefit from a new start to make hime his first target for next year. I remember the gleeful chuckles from Rangers supporters when we first signed Dave MacPherson ( and the misplaced optimism of Hearts fans when we signed Gordan Petric).

Mad Dog Frazer

JJ wants to sign Diamond and he's not what I'd call a crock.

The price is right and there is plenty of time to pass a medical.

He's gone stale at Aberdeen (who wouldn't) so a fresh start and better CB partner to take the lead might work wonders.

He'll still sign IMO and I have no problem with that.

well put. the guy had potential lost his way in a stale crap aberdeen side for many years. i trust JJ in this. hopefull he's offered a reduce salary or a pay as you play kind of deal

portobellojambo1

JJ signed Webster and Kyle knowing that they had underlying injury problems, so it might be a tad early to hang the bunting.

This article from 2009 might be of interest P&J 2009 Diamond's Ankle

Just read an article on-line which indicates this problem first surfaced around April 2008 (i.e. the ankle problem) and he damaged it again in April 2009 and at that stage it was determined that at least 2, possibly 3 operations would be required on it, with no guarantee it would rectify matters. I suspect he may have had one operation possibly and the problem couldn't be fixed so he has tried to play on, unsuccessfully.

Even given he has performed pathetically over the last two seasons the fact Aberdeen know he will probably never get any better due to the injury he has may well be the reason they have refused to offer him a further deal. It would be daft for us to do so now. And even if they had already passed away before being signed I'm still convinced both Kyle and Webster would offer more to HMFC than Diamond ever would.

kennyblack'sshot

Just to bring people back down to earth with a thud:

From BBC

Zander Diamond's move from Aberdeen to Hearts has been held up after a medical highlighted an ankle injury.

The Tynecastle club will seek a second opinion but BBC Scotland believes the out-of-contract defender is still likely to make the switch.

Diamond, 25, is thought to have sustained the injury two years ago.

The centre-half came through the Dons youth team and has been a first-team regular for eight seasons, but manager Jim Jefferies wants him at Tynecastle.

I didn't realise Diamond was only 25 - thought he was about 28. This changes my thinking and makes him a no-risk signing if he passes the medical. He was a good player when he first appeared on the scene and he's obviously struggled being the main defender after Anderson left Aberdeen, plus carrying injuries by the sounds of it. Playing alongside Webster would be good for him. Bouzid is 27 and is unlikely to improve so I'd rather have Diamond on balance. Webster-Barr would be my preferred central defence just now though.

Charlie-Brown

according to the sun JJ meeting with diamonds agent and a surgeon to discuss his ankle xrays and finalise the transfer one way or the other.

Aberdeen Evening Express reporting that the move is in doubt ... P&J saying he'll have signed by the end of the week.

Don't know what his connection with the club is or if he is indeed 'ITK' but Papa Lazarou was quoted as saying "this is just a saga now" when questioned on the proposed HMFC signing of Zander Diamond.

Murky waters indeed!

The Treasurer

While I'd be more than happy if this deal is dead and buried I still think that signing another experienced CH should be high on JJ's shopping list. Especially if, as reported both Zal and Bouzid are to leave the club

While I'd be more than happy if this deal is dead and buried I still think that signing another experienced CH should be high on JJ's shopping list. Especially if, as reported both Zal and Bouzid are to leave the club

Has it been reported Zal would leave? Only ask as I've only had a hunch about it and kinda assumed it was a collective hunch! Be interesting if there has been proper rumours or news...

Agree we need an experienced (1st choice) centre half. Whether Zal goes or not really. Can we rely on Webster's fitness? Can we rely on Zal's form?

I've come to terms with it being Zanny and infact have talked myself into him coming good!!

Archived