Zander Diamond

basher161

alex plode

Said on the radio that the deal may be off because some injury flagged up in the medical. JJ away to speak with Vlad etc to see if deal can still go ahead or not.

kingantti1874

Had a look on afc chat and they are a bit down to say the least, a few saying they will Not renew If he resigns for the dons... Says it all really JJ has this One badly wrong - hope vlad Determines it's not worth the risk.

The Treasurer

JJ signed Webster and Kyle knowing that they had underlying injury problems, so it might be a tad early to hang the bunting.

This article from 2009 might be of interest P&J 2009 Diamond's Ankle

They're both good players though so are worth taking a "risk" on

Had a look on afc chat and they are a bit down to say the least, a few saying they will Not renew If he resigns for the dons... Says it all really JJ has this One badly wrong - hope vlad Determines it's not worth the risk.

got yer VRs and JJs the wrong way round here mate

They're both good players though so are worth taking a "risk" on

They're also both more experienced in terms of having been around different clubs and types of football. Diamond is therefore a greater risk and would presumably have already signed by now if it were happening. Question is, do we look for a replacement or settle for who we have?

jambos are go!

JJ signed Webster and Kyle knowing that they had underlying injury problems, so it might be a tad early to hang the bunting.

Apart from confirming that this is along standing problem it also clearly confirms that Calderwood had a high opinion of Diamond. Doubt that JJ did not know that this was an issue but perhaps not the current situation.

rossthejambo

got yer VRs and JJs the wrong way round here mate

Are you implying that Diamond is a Vlad signing?! :o

A few dodgy quotes on that DR link regarding Mr Diamond.

Personally I never thought he was up to being our centre half, but I am always willing to trust JJ. Hope the guy gets himself sorted though, would be a real shame if he loses out with the Dons as he has held our for a contract with HMFC.

The Old Tolbooth

Zander Diamond will not play for Hearts.

I want to snog your face off! :kiss2:

:yas:

Vlad-Stupid

Heard from a reliable person connected to the club that he has failed his medical. Dodgy ankle.

Old news :smuggy:

The Comedian

JJ wants to sign Diamond and he's not what I'd call a crock.

The price is right and there is plenty of time to pass a medical.

He's gone stale at Aberdeen (who wouldn't) so a fresh start and better CB partner to take the lead might work wonders.

He'll still sign IMO and I have no problem with that.

scott_jambo

He's gone stale at Aberdeen (who wouldn't) so a fresh start and better CB partner to take the lead might work wonders.

No he won't he is a crock...crock of shite that is. cool.gif

It's at times like this when I have to sit back and remind myself that people like JJ have an eye for things I don't and are hugely experienced professionals who understand the game a zillion times better than I can ever hope to do. If he thinks Diamond can come good with us then I'll trust his superior judgement - however, in the meantime and until he's in maroon (ick) I'll just get a bit hopeful that the deal's off when I read things like this thread.

rossmaroon

Agreed. You have to go with the manager. If JJ signs him and he proves to be of limited use then he should take the blame; however, some of the comments on here are just ridiculous considering he hasn't pulled a marroon jersey on yet.

The Comedian

No he won't he is a crock...crock of shite that is. cool.gif

Hehe fair enough.

I reckon we've signed a poorer player in Grainger btw.

scott_jambo

Hehe fair enough.

I reckon we've signed a poorer player in Grainger btw.

Agreed, Grainger is shite anaw.

Billy the Jambo

He must be really fecked if he failed a medical by the Hearts medical team going by some of the crocks we have signed in recent seasons like Tullberg,Beslija,Kyle

Geoff Kilpatrick

:pleasing:

If only Gordan Petric had failed the medical all those years ago,,,,

Fxxx the SPFL

Fact Diamond passed medical source staff member at Tynecastle, delay is due to Buzi being punted and releasing up his salary for Diamond and an other.

:ninja:

Chad Sexington

Fact Diamond passed medical source staff member at Tynecastle, delay is due to Buzi being punted and releasing up his salary for Diamond and an other.

Dont you have a history of making up bullshit lies on this very forum? <_<

Geoff Kilpatrick

:orly?:

So if the Diamond deal falls through we're after Frazer Wright or Darren Dodds.

Tremendous news.

Out of interest, does anyone know who the chief scout is at Hearts (if we even have one)???

So if the Diamond deal falls through we're after Frazer Wright or Darren Dodds.

Tremendous news.

Out of interest, does anyone know who the chief scout is at Hearts (if we even have one)???

we have co-chief scouts. Jim jeffeeeeeries and Vlad Romanooov.

What i posted about FW, wasn't an alternative to ZD, think we'll go for him whatever. Certainly on the cards but not a defo

we have co-chief scouts. Jim jeffeeeeeries and Vlad Romanooov.

What i posted about FW, wasn't an alternative to ZD, think we'll go for him whatever. Certainly on the cards but not a defo

I appreciate we don't have the money to employ a worldwide network of scouts but we really should have at least a couple - one to scour the reserve/lower leagues of the UK & Ireland (look how many decent players Motherwell and Utd have picked up for pennies) and one to keep an eye on eastern/central europe.

I believe we had ex St Mirren boss Tom Hardie doing a bit of work for us at one point and the last proper scout we had at the club was Simon Hunt. During that period we picked up Skacel, Bednar, Banks and Pospicil for relatively low fees. We made an instant ?1m profit on Rudi and ?2.3m on Bednar (although we would've arguably made a bit more if we'd had a settled management team in place).

Seems like a long long time ago since we picked up a good player from overseas that wasn't costing us a fortune. There must still be hundreds of De Vries', Fuller's and Adam's still out there.

Nucky Thompson

Are you implying that Diamond is a Vlad signing?! :o

I can't believe there are people who actually believe this :lol:

You are right. Stephen Elliott had a history of injures too, but to a lesser extent.

If ZD were to sign, this could be JJ's downfall.

Much of our form towards the end of the season was blamed on KK being injured. But he was signed with a history.

If the same were to happen again with ZD, then JJ could and should be on thin ice, especially combined with the fact ZD is gash and a horrible bigot.

Vlad-Stupid

Dont you have a history of making up bullshit lies on this very forum? <_<

I can confirm that that story is pishthumbsup.gif

I can't believe there are people who actually believe this :lol:

believe what you want. nae skin off my beak.

who do you think signed Barr?

Nucky Thompson

believe what you want. nae skin off my beak.

who do you think signed Barr?

So was it VR who had a chat with Jimmy Calderwood to get his thoughts on ZD?

As far as I was aware Csaba signed Barr but seeing as he's been a flop you're going to tell me it was a VR signing :D

I bet you were taking in by the 'VR makes Hartley sign a statement before signing' rumour as well :rolleyes:

So was it VR who had a chat with Jimmy Calderwood to get his thoughts on ZD?

As far as I was aware Csaba signed Barr but seeing as he's been a flop you're going to tell me it was a VR signing :D

I bet you were taking in by the 'VR makes Hartley sign a statement before signing' rumour as well :rolleyes:

Like it? I started it!

Barr was signed by VR.

If JJ knows he's getting ZD, wouldn't he speak to someone he knows about him? Sometimes VR will strongly recommend we sign someone. Better letting him have his way once in a while. Gota know how to handle him and I think JJ does a better job than any manager we've had in the past.

As I say, believe what you want. Problem on here is when people genuinely have info that may be of interest, well, we know the problem.

As for Barr being a VR signing cos he flopped. Check through my history (which would be great fun anyway - I'm quite a card) and you'll see I defend VR more than accuse or chastize. I used Barr as an example cos he's a Scottish player VR signed cos he saw other, rival clubs wanting him.

Live and work in Aberdeen.

Not met one Dons fan yet that is upset about ZD joining Hearts.

They've maid no real attyempt to try and re-sign him.

I feel a Hans Eskilson moment coming along.......

Chad Sexington

As for Barr being a VR signing cos he flopped. Check through my history (which would be great fun anyway - I'm quite a card)

Arf. :lol:

ritchies75

Just to bring people back down to earth with a thud:

From BBC

Zander Diamond's move from Aberdeen to Hearts has been held up after a medical highlighted an ankle injury.

The Tynecastle club will seek a second opinion but BBC Scotland believes the out-of-contract defender is still likely to make the switch.

Diamond, 25, is thought to have sustained the injury two years ago.

The centre-half came through the Dons youth team and has been a first-team regular for eight seasons, but manager Jim Jefferies wants him at Tynecastle.

Like it? I started it!

Barr was signed by VR.

If JJ knows he's getting ZD, wouldn't he speak to someone he knows about him? Sometimes VR will strongly recommend we sign someone. Better letting him have his way once in a while. Gota know how to handle him and I think JJ does a better job than any manager we've had in the past.

As I say, believe what you want. Problem on here is when people genuinely have info that may be of interest, well, we know the problem.

As for Barr being a VR signing cos he flopped. Check through my history (which would be great fun anyway - I'm quite a card) and you'll see I defend VR more than accuse or chastize. I used Barr as an example cos he's a Scottish player VR signed cos he saw other, rival clubs wanting him.

Heard all this also through BB..

6 JJ signings he wanted were Grainger, Taouil, F Wright, Sutton, Hammill & Gomis!

Diamond was nothing to do with JJ!

The Comedian

JJ was on the radio a couple of weeks ago regarding the earlier signings and was asked by Jim Spence about Diamond.

He said he thought the lad was a good player who'd gone stale and was worth signing as a fresh start would do him good. He's had good reports on him regarding his application in training and that he fits in well. There was more.

In short, he's a JJ target and you are talking out yer Jamie Mole.

JJ was on the radio a couple of weeks ago regarding the earlier signings and was asked by Jim Spence about Diamond.

He said he thought the lad was a good player who'd gone stale and was worth signing as a fresh start would do him good. He's had good reports on him regarding his application in training and that he fits in well. There was more.

In short, he's a JJ target and you are talking out yer Jamie Mole.

Ah the radio. Damn that medium of communication to hell. It's forever my undoing, don't you know.

I must have made it up then.

Sorry everyone.

Archived