WRESTLEMANIA XXIV

brian1874

just seen it advertised after the real madrid game..7ft big show v 5ft 3in floyd mayweather..wtf :confused:

Aye, Mayweather's disgracing the noble art by playing pretend fighting. He had an incident with Big Show where he punched him and obviously they have to settle it in the ring. Bloody joke, hope Hatton gets him again and knocks him out (although I doubt it).

Dr Ian Malcolm

How the hell is this going to work? Are they gonna box or wrestle or will each use their own skills (In terms of wrestling I use the term loosely). Suely its all gonna be stage managed? If they each actually have to really attempt to hurt each other then Mayweather would make some mess of the guy. Who cares how big he is, boxing and the sham of wrestling just don't compare.

Ryan Gosling
How the hell is this going to work? Are they gonna box or wrestle or will each use their own skills (In terms of wrestling I use the term loosely). Suely its all gonna be stage managed? If they each actually have to really attempt to hurt each other then Mayweather would make some mess of the guy. Who cares how big he is, boxing and the sham of wrestling just don't compare.

He's a trained boxer too. And I don't care what anyone says - one punch from the Big Show could kill Mayweather.

it showed a clip o big show and mayweather together.mayweather was on a box and big show had his fist clenched it was about the size o mayweathers head...

Pete Seeger

I can't beleive one of the best boxers in my lifetime would lower himself to that garbage. Wish Ricky had knocked him on his arse

Marketing men at the WWE have hit the nail on the head though. People who would never normally talk/watch wrestling are eager to see it.

Got a nice free link online, and quality is pretty good :P

Anyone that wants it, download sopcast then pm me

How did "Cry Baby" Jim Breaks get on? :dribble:

Dunno, but you will be happy to know Finlay the Irishman lost the first event:rolleyes:

Dr Ian Malcolm
He's a trained boxer too. And I don't care what anyone says - one punch from the Big Show could kill Mayweather.

Aye but there's a big difference between being a "trained boxer" and pound fr pound best fighter in the world.

One punch from the big felly would probably hurt, but he's not gonna be quick enough to even hit Mayweather, let alone keep up with him around the ring.

What Mayweather is doing by even agreeing to this pish is another matter, but if th best boxer in the world cannae put a wrestler on his arse (no matter how bg he is) then its a travesty.

Dunno, but you will be happy to know Finlay the Irishman lost the first event:rolleyes:

That's great news. Cheers. ;)

He probably sees it as a good move for PR. Mike Tyson did it 10 years ago.

Mayweather is never gonna lose his unbeaten record at Wrestling, so he gets to say he beat a man twice his size, and picks up 20 mill for his troubles...not bad work

I have just turned it over to this.

What the hell is in that briefcase? Is it money? If so how much?

P.S - I am well aware its all set up etc :)

P.S- Where about is this, its outdoor and looks massive?

Ryan Gosling

?100,000 and a guaranteed title match at any time (literally) over the next 12 months.

That was a surprise - I thought Jericho would win. Some great spots this year.

?100,000 and a guaranteed title match at any time (literally) over the next 12 months.

That was a surprise - I thought Jericho would win. Some great spots this year.

Not a follower of wrestling (well I was in the Giant Haystacks / Big Daddy days) so unsure on any names etc but hell that's some crowd!

P.S- Where about is this, its outdoor and looks massive?

Citrus Bowl, Orlando

Have a mate who has gone over! Got tickets, flights and 3 nights in a 5* hotel for a few hundred quid, but flights were flexible so he has turned it into a 2 week holiday

Citrus Bowl, Orlando

Have a mate who has gone over! Got tickets, flights and 3 nights in a 5* hotel for a few hundred quid, but flights were flexible so he has turned it into a 2 week holiday

Ahhh Florida hence its outdoor; that makes sense.

This is incredible ...... Rick Flair!!!!!! He is still wrestling????? ..... even I remember him - he must be at least over 60 by now!!!!!!

...... whilst amusing this is becoming farcical :)

Ryan Gosling
This is incredible ...... Rick Flair!!!!!! He is still wrestling????? ..... even I remember him - he must be at least over 60 by now!!!!!!

...... whilst amusing this is becoming farcical :)

Pretty sure this is his last match. He'll retire if he loses according to the storyline.

WWE title match now. This'll be 20-25 mins, the Mayweather fight will be on after this.

Is Mayweather 1 not the main event, so will be on after Taker v Edge?

Ryan Gosling
Is Mayweather 1 not the main event, so will be on after Taker v Edge?

Pretty sure Taker-Edge is the main event.

Here we go.

It better be coming on now.

I seen this thread then decided turned it over at 00:20ish now its near 3am :eek:

It will be interesting to see how this is choreographed.

:)

What happened then?

See my post #40.

Mayweather hit the big guy with a knuckle duster and he (the big guy) never got up.

Ryan Gosling
What happened then?

Mayweather got a lot of punches in in the first few minutes, then Big Show threw him about (crowd was loving this), stood on him, beat up his crew, Mayweather's boys took him away and Show went out to get them, dragged him back, went to finish him and the handler hit him with a chair. Mayweather grabbed the chair and battered him with it, took off his gloves, put a knuckle-duster on and hit him clean in the jaw, won by 'knock-out'.

Good laugh.

Ryan Gosling

Just watched it again - really stiff punch. Nout sure how real the knuckle-duster was but he still hit him pretty hard.

Mayweather got a lot of punches in in the first few minutes, then Big Show threw him about (crowd was loving this), stood on him, beat up his crew, Mayweather's boys took him away and Show went out to get them, dragged him back, went to finish him and the handler hit him with a chair. Mayweather grabbed the chair and battered him with it, took off his gloves, put a knuckle-duster on and hit him clean in the jaw, won by 'knock-out'.

Good laugh.

Sounds pretty funny. I take it they made what appeared to be a stupid idea work then?

A bit off topic, but I can't wait for the Calzaghe fight.

Nout sure how real the knuckle-duster was.

Most probably sponge!

Hell earlier we had Rick Flair now we have the Undertaker; this truly is a flash from the past!

Is Hulk Hogan, Jake the Snake Roberts, Randy Savage, Rowdy Roddy Piper and Ultimate Warrior wrestling tonight?

EDIT: Was Andre the Giant bigger than that big guy that just wrestled Mayweather?

Ryan Gosling
Most probably sponge!

Hell earlier we had Rick Flair now we have the Undertaker; this truly is a flash from the past!

Is Hulk Hogan, Jake the Snake Roberts, Randy Savage, Rowdy Roddy Piper and Ultimate Warrior wrestling tonight?

EDIT: Was Andre the Giant bigger than that big guy that just wrestled Mayweather?

Probably a bit taller but Big Show is much more mobile than Andre.

Ryan Gosling
Sounds pretty funny. I take it they made what appeared to be a stupid idea work then?

A bit off topic, but I can't wait for the Calzaghe fight.

Aye, it was a bit dull at first - Mayweather had a sleeper hold on for 2 minutes. When Show started beating him up - that was funny. The weapons bit was good too. Mayweather seemed shocked at how heavy the chairs were.

Archived