Walkers crisps

I P Knightley

I P Knightley

IF anyone's eating a bag of Walkers and isn't interested in the Brit trips thing, could you post the 10 letter code up here?

Shame to waste them.

Cheers

Miller Jambo 60
IF anyone's eating a bag of Walkers and isn't interested in the Brit trips thing, could you post the 10 letter code up here?

Shame to waste them.

Cheers

Golden Wonder Rule

What SAD man you are so sad you trawell the waves wanting a go.

you are sad.

Sad?

I remembered that Golden Wonder were in trouble a while back.

I put "Golden Wonder BBC" into Google:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=golden+wonder+bbc

... and look ... top of the list. :rolleyes:

Took me all of less than 30 seconds - so no trawling required (note the spelling).

That's the bonus of not drinking in excess, my brain is still able to absorb and remember things.

If you stop now it might not be too late ............

scottishguy
Sad?

I put "Golden Wonder BBC" into Google:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=golden+wonder+bbc

... and look ... top of the list. :rolleyes:

Took me all of less than 30 seconds - so no trawling required (note the spelling).

That's the bonus of not drinking in excess, my brain is still able to absorb and remember things.

If you stop now it might not be too late ............

Just a pity your brain cant keep up with the times. :confused:

That story is over 2 years old.

:P

Just a pity your brain cant keep up with the times. :confused:

That story is over 2 years old.

:P

Note my quote:

:confused:

Besides' date=' its not the Golden Wonder we all knew (they went into [b']administration[/b]; yes 2 years ago) now its owned by Tayto (before selling a good % of the business) a far cry from its original Scottish roots.

Walkers Crisps bug me.

Why should they only be available to people who walk. If I want to eat crisps in the car they shouldn't stop me.

Whazzat? 'Walkers Crisps' because they were made by a Mr Walker?

THEN WHERE THE **** IS THE APOSTROPHE?

It's no (golden) wonder our kids are growing up illiterate on a diet of illiterate crisps.

I P Knightley
Walkers Crisps bug me.

Why should they only be available to people who walk.- ahem - question mark, no? If I want to eat crisps in the car they shouldn't stop me.

Whazzat? 'Walkers Crisps' because they were made by a Mr Walker?

THEN WHERE THE **** IS THE APOSTROPHE?

It's no (golden) wonder our kids are growing up illiterate on a diet of illiterate crisps.

If they were the crisps of people who walk, should there not be an apostrophe to indicate the belonging of those crisps to the person who walks?

Yes I forgot a question mark, no there shouldn't be an apostrophe to indicate the belonging of the crisps to people who walk.

They must be crisps for walkers, not belonging to walkers. Singularly it would be a walkers crisp, the indefinite article indicating that the crisp was designed for a walker. If it was the definite article the walker's crisp then it would indicate that the crisp belonged to the ambulatory person.

I P Knightley
Yes I forgot a question mark, no there shouldn't be an apostrophe to indicate the belonging of the crisps to people who walk.

They must be crisps for walkers, not belonging to walkers. Singularly it would be a walkers crisp, the indefinite article indicating that the crisp was designed for a walker. If it was the definite article the walker's crisp then it would indicate that the crisp belonged to the ambulatory person.

I try to be a punctuation nazi when I can but that's one that's always troubled me.

There's been a long-running debate in Private Eye about whether or where there should be an apostrophe in "Pedants Corner".

Archived