What do you love about tynecastle

HMFC-1874

As it says,

For me it's, the layout of the ground. The memorys and that feeling I get in entering the ground everygame is amazing !!

And the people.

From the minute it hit gorgie I feel proud !

So what's everyone else?

Howdy Doody Jambo

I actually like the old stand , the pillars that get in the way of your view , the old wooden floorboards , the way the sun sets on it at the end of the day , the smell from the distillery , the gorgie chippy at white park , the Tynie arms on the corner

But it's onwards and upwards and whats best for the future of Heart of Midlothian Football Club , get the debt down and income up

If we can build then they will come

If we build good then it will be easier to move on from Tynecastle , lots of clubs up and down the UK have done it with success

Afterall how many of us have moved house , you take the memorys with you

I actually like the old stand , the pillars that get in the way of your view , the old wooden floorboards , the way the sun sets on it at the end of the day , the smell from the distillery , the gorgie chippy at white park , the Tynie arms on the corner

But it's onwards and upwards and whats best for the future of Heart of Midlothian Football Club , get the debt down and income up

If we can build then they will come

If we build good then it will be easier to move on from Tynecastle , lots of clubs up and down the UK have done it with success

Afterall how many of us have moved house , you take the memorys with you

Shocking omission from the survey. The new stadium would have to have the smell from the distillery.

You know in the main stand, when go in and then up the steps, the pitch suddenly looms into view. Gets the adrenaline pumping every time!

Jambof3tornado

The fact that in row 4 of the wheatfield we are really on top of players and officials!!!

EVERYTHING! :thumbsup: Just love the place to bits! :D

Lynn :ninja:

This

Will be very sad to move. Been going since I was a bairn.

Guest juvehearts

i miss the shed,

i miss the crazy corner,

i miss the que's to pay in the gate that spiralled around mcleod st & back up again

i miss the standing

i miss being carried over the turnstyles

i miss all the family & friends that have passed that i used to stand with

tynecastle will alaway have memories & i hope for 100 years more that we stay there

if not i will look forward to another venue where we can call home & generate an even better atmosphere

i miss the old brockville, love street, hampden,

kylelauren01

To court controversy, I don't love anything about Tynecastle. I love Heart of Midlothian FC. Yes, I have my memories of Tynecastle - old & new. My feelings for 'old' Tynecastle are a lot stronger than the current lay-out & I think this is why I (and perhaps a lot of the older guys) am so pragmatic about the whole possibility of a move away. The current ground bears no resemblance to when I first went as a 6yr old in 1979 with its crumbling away end, lines of plastic seats, and the shed. If anything I have much happier memories of those times but progress had to be made and we have what we have now. Similarly, and I believe the survival of our club depends on it, then a move away has to be considered seriously. I can only trust those who know way more than I do about the state of the Club and hope they do it for the right reasons. If so, then they have my 100% support.

What I do love about current Tynecastle is taking my laddie to the Gorgie Fish Bar for pre-match chips & curry sauce!

The pubs.

Hard to think of any ground in Britain - never mind Scotland - that has so many decent boozers within easy walking distance, all thronged on match day, north, south, east and west of the ground

Not even on the questionnaire -- shocking!

The memories ir brings. Even when I've been in the ground and it's empty it seems to have an atmosphere about it, and when it's full....

Been to quite a few other grounds, did the tour of the Amsterdam Arena, been to the Emirates, Eastlands, Stadium of light St James's Park - all impressive stadiums but they seem to lack something, lets call it a soul. Tynecastle has that.

Francis Albert

To court controversy, I don't love anything about Tynecastle. I love Heart of Midlothian FC. Yes, I have my memories of Tynecastle - old & new. My feelings for 'old' Tynecastle are a lot stronger than the current lay-out & I think this is why I (and perhaps a lot of the older guys) am so pragmatic about the whole possibility of a move away. The current ground bears no resemblance to when I first went as a 6yr old in 1979 with its crumbling away end, lines of plastic seats, and the shed. If anything I have much happier memories of those times but progress had to be made and we have what we have now. Similarly, and I believe the survival of our club depends on it, then a move away has to be considered seriously. I can only trust those who know way more than I do about the state of the Club and hope they do it for the right reasons. If so, then they have my 100% support.

What I do love about current Tynecastle is taking my laddie to the Gorgie Fish Bar for pre-match chips & curry sauce!

I think there is something in that. It is odd to read people getting all weepy-eyed and nostalgic about the "steep stands" and "being on top of the pitch", which of course are a very recent innovation.

Anyway, I like the walk from Haymarket to the ground, maybe because most matches are more enjoyable in anticipation than in fact. I can still do it if we move, just set out half an hour eariler or miss out on one pub stop.

A very thought provoking post.

I do love Tynecastle but nowhere near as much as I used to.

You talk about the lines of plastic seats which IMHO spoilt tynie completely. No more standing in front of the pie stand trying to defend the position from angry hoards of opposing fans. Doc martins, white skinners and Hard Hats.

Tynie is a very different animal now, and for the most part a castrated one IMHO.

Tynecastle means many different things to many different people. It is our current home.

I feel that to move onwards and upwards, a well thought out New Stadium capable of making money and large enough for us to grow is the only way to go.

Broxburn Jambo

Started going to Tynecastle in 1962 age 7

I thought I would miss sitting on the wall at the front -- I got over it I thought I would miss the fans mixing when they brought in segregation -- I got over it

Broxburn Jambo

I thought I would hate the fencing -- I got used to it

I thought I hated the plastic seats -- I got over it

I thought I would hate all seating --- I got used to it

THE ONE CONSTANT ----- A HEARTS TEAM ON THE PITCH

A new stadium with a HEARTS team on the pitch

I WILL STILL LOVE IT

If it has to be

Goodbye Tynie and thanks for the memories

FTH

The Old Tolbooth

This in every sense of the word, although I would add that one of the main reasons I sit in the Main Stand is because it still reminds me of the "older" part of the ground (and not because the tickets are cheaper before some smart ass says it :P)

I used to love watching football from the corner of the Shed, it was THE place to be in Scottish football! Nowadays, the Main Stand is floundering badly, and the other 3 stands are not really what I grew up with in the 80's, so a move away for me is not holding any fears, although I'll shed a tear when the Main Stand does come down. :(

You know in the main stand, when go in and then up the steps, the pitch suddenly looms into view. Gets the adrenaline pumping every time!

I'll never ever forget that walk up the steps attending my first match as a kid, not really knowing what to expect and then the pitch suddenly appearing in view - what a feeling.

Would take forever to list all my favourite memories of the place and most of them would probably mean nothing to other folk - but they still stick in my head.

Archived