Well done Pat Nevin!

Big Team

peter_hmfc

Didn't see it, what sort of thing did he say?

Did he mention it and say it was disgraceful or did he just mention that it happened?

Video anywhere?

It took him 3/4 days to admit this?

Aye, what a hero.

Nae pleasing some folk, dry yer eyes eh!?

Mr Nevin was critical of the singing and challenged why the Celtic club statements following the game failed to acknowledge their problems with sectarian singing.

Agreed, hopefully this might be the start of a media turning on those *****.

Never going to happen. Point it out, then sweep it away.

Aye, what a hero.

I've heard him mention it before now.

Maybe Thursday on 5 live.

Imeantasong

At least one ex celtic minded person isn't just tellin' all yoos what should happen with Hearts.

Maybe we should have one of those telly debates, like the politicians have.

Charlie Nicholas v Pat Nevin or something.

With a slow typist for Charlie's subtitles, for those who don't speak Neddish.

freddiemac

well said pat ,it would have been too easy just to ignore the situation (like most of the scared/corrupt scottish media)the guys liable to get it pretty tight for saying that celtic have to take action on their ira chanting support.

heartsfc_fan

:bravo: to Pat.

I was actually sitting there nodding at the T.V screen (as opposed to shaking my head when Nevin usually speaks).

Aye, what a hero.

Well that's 3/4 days quicker than anyone at HMFC admitting there was sectarian singing bigots in our end.

Well done to Pat Nevin. Said it as it was and said he didn't like it! About time it had some media exposure. Been getting away with it far too easily in the past! Now we need some others to have the guts to deal with them and tackle the issues (are you listening SFA, etc?). I never leave a game early, but I left 10 minutes early on Wednesday because I was completely fed up listening to their incessant IRA crap. Spoiled the opportunity for me to thank the lads for the season. Hope they win nothing and Motherwell turn them next week. Bye the way, in case I forgot, well done Pat Nevin!!!

Denny Crane

For those of us in England-shire, what did he say and are there any clips?

i couldnt believe my little ears, pat nevin had the balls to say what most other media men/punters wouldnt dare to say. I hope he realises that the cost of such truths will mean he is never likely to be welcomed by any of the great unwashed, after all they're just political songs pat :whistling:

Pat Nevin :clap:

HillmanHearts

Yep. He has gone up in my estimations after that.

On national tele with , I assume, a fairly large viewing public on "Title Day" he told it how it was.

Clerry Jambo

"What's the chaaaaaaaat Paaaaat" has always been an OK lad even for a Hobo.

As mentioned above, one of the few to highlight the scum in the Roseburn and also denounce Celtic Football Club for totally ignoring their own fans behaviour

Punks No Deid

One of the very few on telly/radio to have put his head above the parapet n mention the scenes & songs fae The Roseburn. :thumbsup:

Pleased to hear that someone in the media has the cajones to raise this issue.

I noticed in the Record a few weeks ago (after Sellick played Killie) that there a few complaints pointing out the pro-IRA stuff pouring out of the Celtic fans.

For some reason it didn't get any coverage or comment from the press or TV at the time or subsequently , as the letter writers pointed out.

It makes you wonder why the media is so craven in its dealings with Celtic and the point blank refusal to tackle this issue in the open.

I'm no Rangers apologist but you have to wonder why Rangers are getting it shoved up them on a regular basis while the rabble rousers from the east end are seemingly untouchable at the moment. I'm assuming that while Lennon continues to have death threats hanging over him he's something of a sacred cow and that the media (after so many years of inertia and indifference ) don't want to inflame the situation so far as Lennon is concerned).:rolleyes:

Buffalo Bill

He's just gone up in my estimation.

He's now one above rock bottom.

It was fairly well publicised that his kids chose Hibs to follow after he told them they weren't allowed to choose an OF team (ok, Celtic) as he didn't want to bring them up in the poisonous atmosphere that is following Celtic. A totally sensible approach as all we can ask is that people get their OWN house in order since widesprad condemnation clearly isn't working, in fact it's making folk more defiant.

Anyway I'm not overly concerned if Nevin gives Hearts it tight on TV (tbh I don't really think he does) as how many of us could go on and talk objectively about Hibs??? I met him about 6 months after the Athens game in which he stated pre-match that Hearts would get shafted by the ref and he was as passionate talking about that as anything I've heard him say and that was in our defence.

So well done on speaking up in criticism of the Celtic fans on Wednesday and keep up the good work wee man. He's definitely smarter than the average bear and remains one of my favourite pundits.

I like Pat. Met him at a music festival last Christmas where he was DJing. Not only was he pretty sound but he closed his set with 'You can call me Al'. Top bloke.

It was fairly well publicised that his kids chose Hibs to follow after he told them they weren't allowed to choose an OF team (ok, Celtic) as he didn't want to bring them up in the poisonous atmosphere that is following Celtic. A totally sensible approach as all we can ask is that people get their OWN house in order since widesprad condemnation clearly isn't working, in fact it's making folk more defiant.

Anyway I'm not overly concerned if Nevin gives Hearts it tight on TV (tbh I don't really think he does) as how many of us could go on and talk objectively about Hibs??? I met him about 6 months after the Athens game in which he stated pre-match that Hearts would get shafted by the ref and he was as passionate talking about that as anything I've heard him say and that was in our defence.

So well done on speaking up in criticism of the Celtic fans on Wednesday and keep up the good work wee man. He's definitely smarter than the average bear and remains one of my favourite pundits.

Allowing your kids to choose to be a Hibs supporter is child abuse.

forthriverjambo

As it says on the tin...well said IMO

if i was pat nevin i would be preparing myself for the inevitable witchhunt which is sure to follow the observations he made, the pond life which infests parkheid will see to it.

Oh, I suddenly see your point.

Move on sweetcheeks :thumbsup:

So - Pat Nevin - doesnt deserve credit in your opinion?

I think most acknowledge that being a football pundit in the public eye AND standing up against Celtic or Rangers on the sensitive issue of sectarianism deserves credit. Why? In my opinion because Celtic are equally as capable of the kind of unnaceptable nonsense that so called Rangers fans have directed at Neil Lennon. Pat Nevin has put himself in the firing line and did what a lot on here have been crying out for - he put some balance and context to the events of Wednesday night and he made it clear that the GFITW were anything but for 90 minutes at Tynecastle.

Not good enough for you though eh? Anonymity on here allows you to say what you want. I dare you to criticise Celtic fans on here and sign it off with your picture, name, address and place of work.

I'll give you a shout in a weeks time and you can tell me again that Pat Nevin doesnt deserve credit for putting his head over the parapat on this one.

Walter Kidd

This might be another text gate ala Jeff resigning but by all accounts from a number of texts I've received this morning Hearts are about to ban all Celtic fans from Tynecastle for 2 years.

Hope it's true. Would take bollocks made of steel for Romanov to do this.

berrasbraw

So - Pat Nevin - doesnt deserve credit in your opinion?

I think most acknowledge that being a football pundit in the public eye AND standing up against Celtic or Rangers on the sensitive issue of sectarianism deserves credit. Why? In my opinion because Celtic are equally as capable of the kind of unnaceptable nonsense that so called Rangers fans have directed at Neil Lennon. Pat Nevin has put himself in the firing line and did what a lot on here have been crying out for - he put some balance and context to the events of Wednesday night and he made it clear that the GFITW were anything but for 90 minutes at Tynecastle.

Not good enough for you though eh? Anonymity on here allows you to say what you want. I dare you to criticise Celtic fans on here and sign it off with your picture, name, address and place of work.

I'll give you a shout in a weeks time and you can tell me again that Pat Nevin doesnt deserve credit for putting his head over the parapat on this one

Yup the only one in the media thats had the balls to tell the truth. :thumbsup:

Allowing your kids to choose to be a Hibs supporter is child abuse.

:rolleyes:

I know, but his intentions were good. He told his kids he'd take them to see anyone but the OF. Unfortunately the Hobbit Flairmeisters were the media darlings when he asked them to choose. Could've easily been us but we were a BIG PHYSICAL SIDE!

Vlad-Stupid

Once saw Pat in a crowd when i was working, I shouted "Arsehole", he was the only one that turned around. True story. Amused me at the time. Well done for speaking up but lets not forget what a snivelling wee hibs ***** he is. His smug coupon on sportscene when Hearts get pumped is irritating as **** although his guaranteed absence after embarrassing Hibs defeats is pretty funnythumbsup.gif

Great player for the Chelski. If I can forgive him for playing for them, can forgive him for supporting Hibs

Good taste in music for a footballer

Right about the Roseburn last week, wish someone would put the clip up ...

Archived