Saulius Mikoliunas - Outstanding

Martin_T

I thought Miko had a great game today, had me nostalgic for the player he was pre-Davis gate. I really hope he hasn't played his last game for HMFC, as if he maintains that form he would become a must pick.

I think his best position is that left midfield one (as he played on his debut against Livingston I think).

Our best outlet today - and my MoM for the 3rd game in a row.

jambo walesy

Anyone else notice when he thought he was going to be subbed he ran all the way to the other end of the pitch then realised the sub wasn't happening yet.

Agree though he had a good game bar that miss.

Rick Grimes

outstanding game. he's added enough controlled grit to his game. been a revelation the last few games.

robbie neilson was also excellent today.

robbie neilson was also excellent today.

Easy now.

Miko was excellent; best player on the park (save possibly Gomis).

Toxteth O'Grady

Good to see Miko getting a standing ovation as he walked off.

It was well deserved today.

didn't put a foot wrong. credit where its due.

He was ok, but it's not time for the "Where are the boo-boys NOW?!?!" just yet. ;)

But anyway, re. Miko - well played.

maroonlegions
Maybe we need Vlad to turn up every week ;)

bet ya that whats vlad is thinking ,"feck they won again when i can be bothered to turn up, mmm, can feel my dancing feet".:107years::107years::P

letsmakesomenoise
I thought Miko had a great game today, had me nostalgic for the player he was pre-Davis gate. I really hope he hasn't played his last game for HMFC, as if he maintains that form he would become a must pick.

He's bound to go, now he's playing well. We'll miss him. And his rather winsome missus!!!

letsmakesomenoise
Maybe we need Vlad to turn up every week ;)

Aye, if only to put a rocket up their Erzes.

Mind you, it'd need a Saturn II to get Fat Nade going. Disgrace today. Arguing with everone, including Frail, when they dared tell him he was a fat lazy barsteward!

The clutch pedal on the Lambo must be stiff, wearing him out

JamboGraham

Well done today Miko, that was much more like the player we saw when he first arrived at the club.

Three strong performances in a row from him, great stuff!

Good to see Miko getting a standing ovation as he walked off.

It was well deserved today.

Just goes to show the fans will give credit when its due and react positively to good performances from anyone, regardless of nationality.

JamboGraham
Mind you, it'd need a Saturn II to get Fat Nade going. Disgrace today. Arguing with everone, including Frail, when they dared tell him he was a fat lazy barsteward!

Seemed to get the right effect though, after that he started to chase balls down...still doesn't look 100% fit to me though?

I don't mind seeing a bit of passion (or just good old fashioned arguing!) on the park as long as it gets results.

Easy now.

Miko was excellent; best player on the park (save possibly Gomis).

Agree with all of that.

Neilson had a steady game but wasn't excellent.

But once again Miko gets my Man of the Match. Never gave the big Polish (I think) boy a rest. Pity he didn't score as it would have capped his perfromance off.

Should we really let him go.....

Think If we lose him he will be missed a lot more then some folk think

Thought he was outstanding and by the "" hug"" he got from Frail he also thought so

Yep, another good one from Miko.

He's really impressing me these days, his attitude is brilliant and his workrate is improving all the time. It looks like he's really enjoying his football too.

What I especially like is the emergence of a more physical side to his game...its not that long ago I used to despair when he was routinely mugged by a slight gust of wind and now he's the one holding his own and nudging others off the ball. Maybe its a confidence thing, I dunno...but its working for me.

The standing ovation and mini-chant was great, bet he was chuffed to bits.

:)

The Old Tolbooth

Hope Miko is reading this, he was absolutely brilliant today and I really hope the wee man will stay with us because I feel he's just coming onto a game again.

Massive respect where it's due!

Best game i've seen him play for ages. He won loads of tackles today :eek:, rarely gave the ball away:eek: and actually looked like creating something:eek:.

Tonight i'm actually think that we maybe should keep him.

blondejamtart
Hope Miko is reading this, he was absolutely brilliant today and I really hope the wee man will stay with us because I feel he's just coming onto a game again.

Massive respect where it's due!

Well said - and well done Miko!

....The standing ovation and mini-chant was great, bet he was chuffed to bits.

:)

You could see he was thinking 'WTF - that's cheers not jeers - there's no GTF after my name' when he came off.

Thoroughly deserved the applause today.

Anyone else notice when he thought he was going to be subbed he ran all the way to the other end of the pitch then realised the sub wasn't happening yet.

Agree though he had a good game bar that miss.

Just shows that he is thinking about the team, instead of just himself.

I'm delighted for him. We all he has the ability and hopefully he can continue his current form for the remainder of the season.

1st division player :peepwall:

Keep it up ya wee homo.i might even get yer name on the back of my strip next season

Tynie_tiger
I really hope he hasn't played his last game for HMFC, as if he maintains that form he would become a must pick.

He is staying!

Source: i asked him today :)

chester copperpot
1st division player :peepwall:

Keep it up ya wee homo.i might even get yer name on the back of my strip next season

Looks like he may be sold on monday dude, still whatever floats yer boat.

Miko was excellent today, really enjoyed watching him. Not everything came off for him, but he was trying like a bear, and attempted to take on his man at every occassion.

Hope the wee fella is reading this, as I've been very impressed with him of late.

Looks like he may be sold on monday dude, still whatever floats yer boat.

Miko was excellent today, really enjoyed watching him. Not everything came off for him, but he was trying like a bear, and attempted to take on his man at every occassion.

Hope the wee fella is reading this, as I've been very impressed with him of late.

I've always had a soft spot for the weeman. Will be a loss if he leaves but will always have good memories of him assaulting a corrupt,weegie linesman and getting it right up the "Tartan Smarmy". PLus his cracker against the hobos in the 3-2 game,getting sproule sent off in the semi and scoring against AEK.

Infact when you think about it he's been a barry wee player for us.

Long live King Miko :toasting:

chester copperpot
I've always had a soft spot for the weeman. Will be a loss if he leaves but will always have good memories of him assaulting a corrupt,weegie linesman and getting it right up the "Tartan Smarmy". PLus his cracker against the hobos in the 3-2 game,getting sproule sent off in the semi and scoring against AEK.

Infact when you think about it he's been a barry wee player for us.

Long live King Miko :toasting:

I like the lad, been frustrated for years with his inconsistency, but I've always maintained that there's a footballer in there somewhere. I really really hope he's with us next week, as that will be season end at the least. Vlad may have realised that Miko is being accepted by the fans, and may keep him after all.

I like the lad, been frustrated for years with his inconsistency, but I've always maintained that there's a footballer in there somewhere. I really really hope he's with us next week, as that will be season end at the least. Vlad may have realised that Miko is being accepted by the fans, and may keep him after all.

Thats what worries me ! The scouts would have being there today, and being impressed with him. So vlad thinks his stock is highest now, so he will sell him for top doller !

Chris Benoit

Brilliant again today but i always thought he showed alot of effort in the past but the fans would be on his back the second he made his first mistake and he'd give up and try and hide. Think Frail deserves some credit for giving him his confidence back and the fans for showing more patience and as a result he's now playing better than he ever has for us!

Hope he stays because i honestly believe he has alot of feelings for the club and isn't a "wage thief" as some claim!

All in all well done wee man long may it continue :fing10:

chester copperpot
Brilliant again today but i always thought he showed alot of effort in the past but the fans would be on his back the second he made his first mistake and he'd give up and try and hide. Think Frail deserves some credit for giving him his confidence back and the fans for showing more patience and as a result he's now playing better than he ever has for us!

Hope he stays because i honestly believe he has alot of feelings for the club and isn't a "wage thief" as some claim!

All in all well done wee man long may it continue :fing10:

Since the Scotland and Racist remark from Smith incident (and PJ1 ;)) I've found the Fans far more warming towards Miko and his play. He's got a bit of grit and determination about his play, and is only 2nd in his effort to Stewart. I really hope we keep him for a bit. I dont care about previous performances, I care about what players do over the last few games, and there's no doubt;)he's been one of our better one's of late.

Bungalow Bill

Miko was the best player today but I think people are going a bit OTT saying he was brilliant and outstanding. If that's the quality of football that impresses people that is sad.

chester copperpot
Miko was the best player today but I think people are going a bit OTT saying he was brilliant and outstanding. If that's the quality of football that impresses people that is sad.

I think after the absolute dire we've been subjected to over the last few weeks, surely a bit of overreaction was allowed today.

I'm no one for overreacting, but I'm going to enjoy a victory from the supposed 3rd best club in Scotland over the actual 3rd best club in Scotland.

God I sounded like a hobo there eh? Dexter, launch me, I've turned into junkie ****bag. ;)

Chris Benoit

He showed passion, ability and effort in bucketloads and if that doesn't impress you you've set your standards too high because if we had a 11 players out there showing the same we wouldn't be worrying about whether we're gonna finish in the top 6!

He did his usual - a few flashes of quality with absolutely no end product including missing an open goal less than 6 yards from goal. I will personally drive him to the airport, he wont be missed.

Bungalow Bill
He showed passion, ability and effort in bucketloads and if that doesn't impress you you've set your standards too high because if we had a 11 players out there showing the same we wouldn't be worrying about whether we're gonna finish in the top 6!

He was ok today, I think 11 performances like Mikos and we would still be in the bottom 6. He gave a lot of effort today but no where near outstanding.

Baird, King and Michael

Maybe I?m just feeling a bit grumpy about all things Hearts right now but I?ve got to say once again I failed to see any real end product allied to some woeful finishing from Miko today.

Credit where it?s due, he has been playing better of late and I don?t like to see any Hearts player get a hard time from the crowd but in his case we are due some decent performances. God knows he?s had enough chances.

I?m pleased he?s chasing every ball and competing harder in challenges but given the huge wages (see accounts) these players are on I?d demand nothing less from every player, every single time they pull on the jersey.

I think it?s a reflection of how poor and mediocre we are that people think that suddenly Miko is a revelation.

Once again I thought that today we looked exactly what we are? a bottom six side with few ideas and few, (Larry excepted) genuine quality players.

If he stays then I hope he goes from strength to strength with each passing week.

I hope he gets more goals and sets up a few for a change.

If however that turns out to be his last game for us then I don?t think we?d miss him.

JamboGraham
He did his usual - a few flashes of quality with absolutely no end product including missing an open goal less than 6 yards from goal. I will personally drive him to the airport, he wont be missed.

He tracked back, he made tackles, he pushed forward when he had the chance...if he had put that chance away it would have capped off one of the better performances from a Hearts player this season...

He will be missed...who else should (or maybe even could) have played in that role today?

The Wrinkly Ninja
Aye, if only to put a rocket up their Erzes.

The clutch pedal on the Lambo must be stiff, wearing him out

I happened to agree with Nade's argument at the time.

Hearts midfield 5 sat 20 yards behind him when United had the ball, basically allowing them to have it.

Yet Nade was expected to pressurise them on his own, between the centre halves, they could have passed it between them all day if they wished.

Frail can't have it both ways, either pressurise them as a team, or let the centre halves have the ball..

Fozzyonthefence
didn't put a foot wrong. credit where its due.

Didn't you see him miss an open goal?

But yes he played well today (again), apart from that shocker of a miss. I think outstanding is a bit far fetched though - maybe just looked like that because it was another awful game. I thought Palazuelos & Berra were our best players.

Fozzyonthefence
He tracked back, he made tackles, he pushed forward when he had the chance...if he had put that chance away it would have capped off one of the better performances from a Hearts player this season...

He will be missed...who else should (or maybe even could) have played in that role today?

Lee Wallace can play there (LM) as he did when he came on & is a lot better defensively than Miko. Long term a much better prospect there imo. Also Chesney if he is fit, although he has been gash recently.

Archived