Pinilla won't play until he proves he's fit, says Frail

slfjambo

TH1_293200849en29pin.jpg

ABSENT: Mauricio Pinilla

By BARRY ANDERSON

STEPHEN FRAIL stressed today that Mauricio Pinilla will only get back in the Hearts team if he demonstrates a completely clean bill of health.

But it may well be that the Chilean internationalist has already played his last match for the club.

Pinilla sustained knee ligament damage during training in January and has since suffered a series of niggling complaints and illnesses. His current contract, which is owned jointly by Hearts and Inter Milan, expires this summer, although the Edinburgh club have first option to retain him on a new four-year deal should they wish. The club have yet to declare plans for Pinilla's future but Frail is adamant that he will not play during the closing weeks of the season unless 100 per cent ready.

Should he fail to prove his fitness, the mercurial South American faces the prospect of leaving Tynecastle having made just eight appearances ? scoring twice ? in two years.

Asked if Pinilla would don a Hearts shirt again, Frail replied: "I hope so, whether or not it's this year I don't know. We get him back training and he picks up that knee injury so it's been

a hard slog for the boy and he's very frustrated. We hope to see him in a Hearts jersey. It'll be touch and go (for this season].

"He picked up the injury and was rehabilitating and then he had an illness. He reacts different ways to different treatments and these niggles have been ongoing. We need to get him a clean bill of health before we can consider him."

Frail reported more positive news on Bruno Aguiar's rehabilitation from the ankle injury he originally sustained in training almost a year ago.

The interim head coach said: "Bruno is back joining in with the players in warm-ups and passing routines and then he sits out when we go into contact stuff.

"We're hopeful he will get some games towards the end of the season. Whether it's first-team games or not I'm not sure, but certainly reserve outings. It's good to see him back and doing the little bits he is doing."

alwaysthereinspirit

Seems like a waste of time that Frail even wasted his breath discussing this loser.

Seems like a waste of time that Frail even wasted his breath discussing this loser.

Did Frail not say through the week that Concalves would have to wait and earn his place back in the side as Lee was playing so well.........

alwaysthereinspirit
Did Frail not say through the week that Concalves would have to wait and earn his place back in the side as Lee was playing so well.........

Yeah but then Mad Vlad flew in and had a word in his "shell like"

Jose earned his place in the team. Are you angry?

Jose earned his place in the team. Are you angry?

Jose was poor again today.

Thier best chance fell to the boy Jose was marking, and he was very lucky that he sclaffed it.

Maybe if you played him in the reserves, he'd get fit. Ever think of that Frail?

:rolleyes::confused:

Hopefully next reserve game he plays some part :cool:

TH1_293200849en29pin.jpg

ABSENT: Mauricio Pinilla

By BARRY ANDERSON

STEPHEN FRAIL stressed today that Mauricio Pinilla will only get back in the Hearts team if he demonstrates a completely clean bill of health.

But it may well be that the Chilean internationalist has already played his last match for the club.

Pinilla sustained knee ligament damage during training in January and has since suffered a series of niggling complaints and illnesses. His current contract, which is owned jointly by Hearts and Inter Milan, expires this summer, although the Edinburgh club have first option to retain him on a new four-year deal should they wish. The club have yet to declare plans for Pinilla's future but Frail is adamant that he will not play during the closing weeks of the season unless 100 per cent ready.

Should he fail to prove his fitness, the mercurial South American faces the prospect of leaving Tynecastle having made just eight appearances ? scoring twice ? in two years.

Asked if Pinilla would don a Hearts shirt again, Frail replied: "I hope so, whether or not it's this year I don't know. We get him back training and he picks up that knee injury so it's been

a hard slog for the boy and he's very frustrated. We hope to see him in a Hearts jersey. It'll be touch and go (for this season].

"He picked up the injury and was rehabilitating and then he had an illness. He reacts different ways to different treatments and these niggles have been ongoing. We need to get him a clean bill of health before we can consider him."

Frail reported more positive news on Bruno Aguiar's rehabilitation from the ankle injury he originally sustained in training almost a year ago.

The interim head coach said: "Bruno is back joining in with the players in warm-ups and passing routines and then he sits out when we go into contact stuff.

"We're hopeful he will get some games towards the end of the season. Whether it's first-team games or not I'm not sure, but certainly reserve outings. It's good to see him back and doing the little bits he is doing."

Well then how does Nade get a game without proving full fitness, what frail is saying in his comments is that Pinilla is lazy, thats why he doesn't get a game! I am sick of frail playing all his Bum chums! I would rather hear Frail say, Pinnila will get in the team when he shows ability!!! It seems as if you can run a Hundred miles yet not kick a football, you'll get in the team!

JamboGraham

Is it just me or does the thought (or should that be dream?) of a fit Nade and a fit Pinilla leading the attack next season really start to get the blood pumping?

Is it just me or does the thought (or should that be dream?) of a fit Nade and a fit Pinilla leading the attack next season really start to get the blood pumping?

Fit motivated Bednar and fit motivated Pinilla is the HMFC striker dream team.

However, get yourself ready for Ksnavicius and a tired out Beniusis instead.

No, it gets you locked up for being mental.

alwaysthereinspirit
Maybe if you played him in the reserves, he'd get fit. Ever think of that Frail?

:rolleyes::confused:

He'd refuse because that level of football is below him.

Or at least thats what he'd have us believe.

Ryan Gosling

Is it? He's played there before.

Honestly. I?ve never read as much p!sh about anything as I have seen written about Pinilla on here. There are so many people who just make things up and then others accept these things as gospel et voil? we have Pinilla the "lazy","injury-faking", "want-away", "arrogant", "tried-to-shag-my-mate?s-burd" "wage-thief".

Get a grip people.

Ryan Gosling

SF - 'Prove you're fit'

MP - 'I'm trying, I train every day but you don't select me for reserves'

SF ignores

MP - 'Calum didn't train all week, he's in the squad, I see no difference'

SF - 'He's MY CALUM'

whispers

'MY Calum.....'

alwaysthereinspirit
Honestly. I?ve never read as much p!sh about anything as I have seen written about Pinilla on here. There are so many people who just make things up and then others accept these things as gospel et voil? we have Pinilla the "lazy","injury-faking", "want-away", "arrogant", "tried-to-shag-my-mate?s-burd" "wage-thief".

Get a grip people.

You have him down to a tee.

Would have been better if he was Pingu the goal scoring machine, dedicated to his profession, team leading leader by example but we can only dream.

Total loser. IMO.

Pinilla has looked great on the very rare occasions we have actually seen him but given that he's meant to be on very big wages it would be financial madness to take up the option to sign him at the end of the season. We just can't afford to sign players on big money any more especially when they are hardly ever fit.

What are you talking about. He made one mistake in the second half and then promptly passed the ball into touch. Other than that he was very accomplished -one of the best along with Berra and Miko.

Jose was poor again today.

Thier best chance fell to the boy Jose was marking, and he was very lucky that he sclaffed it.

HMFCjamieHMFC
SF - 'Prove you're fit'

MP - 'I'm trying, I train every day but you don't select me for reserves'

SF ignores

MP - 'Calum didn't train all week, he's in the squad, I see no difference'

SF - 'He's MY CALUM'

whispers

'MY Calum.....'

did that actual hapen

Pinilla is a mental case wage thief and we'd be better without carrying him.

No wonder we're losing money left right and centre. How much have we thrown away on this looney?

Paying for his rehab, paying all his medical bills, paying his wages.....for two bloody years.

All for a great return of two goals.

Get rid.

Ryan Gosling

No wonder we're losing money left right and centre. How much have we thrown away on this looney?

Paying for his rehab, paying all his medical bills, paying his wages.....for two bloody years.

Get rid.

10/10 - every clich? possible used.

:dribble:

10/10 - every clich? possible used.

:dribble:

Elliot has cost us far less cash and has scored more goals for us in that period.

And Elliot is fecking useless.

Pinilla is symptomatic of the problems this club is having.

Promising player who costs alot and never delivers.:ninja:

Get rid.

Exactly what I was talking about! Thanks. Pinilla will be brilliant once he finally gets going. He is the best player we have IMO. I?ve seen him play 4 times yet I can tell that. Says a lot about the average Hearts fan?s judgement of a player IMHFO.

i'm prepared to take one for the team, and help with his fitness

i'll work mainly on cardio & flexibility and i promise not to knacker his knees

Allegedly, apparently, supposedly he was out on the lash on George Street tonight on t' pull. According to my mate it was awesome to witness the great man in action (pulling not playing obviously as he never bloody does)

Allegedly

i'm prepared to take one for the team, and help with his fitness

i'll work mainly on cardio & flexibility and i promise not to knacker his knees

I could do with a new fitness coach too while your offering! LOL!;)

Exactly what I was talking about! Thanks. Pinilla will be brilliant once he finally gets going. He is the best player we have IMO. I?ve seen him play 4 times yet I can tell that. Says a lot about the average Hearts fan?s judgement of a player IMHFO.

You've seen him play ALL 4 times in the last two years... and still you think he is worth keeping?! Where is the value for money? And don't give me that rubbish about football being more than getting a return on your investment. Pinilla is a passenger in this team and an expensive one at that!

The lad has undoubted talent but is not worth the bother or the liability, he'll rightly be one of the casualties when Hearts dump/sell on the 'big wage/no impact' players.

Say goodbye to Pinilla, Makela, Beslija, McCann, Goncalves, Nade, Tall, Bednar, Agiuar and Kingston.

While i'd like to see Kingston and Tall stay... I can safely say I wouldn't miss any of the rest and neither would Hearts!

These three players are all still young and are probably the most talented at the club (Kingston apart). With a new manager I could see them being essential to developing a quality team. It's a damning indictment of our management that they can't seem to get the best out of them.

You've seen him play ALL 4 times in the last two years... and still you think he is worth keeping?! Where is the value for money? And don't give me that rubbish about football being more than getting a return on your investment. Pinilla is a passenger in this team and an expensive one at that!

The lad has undoubted talent but is not worth the bother or the liability, he'll rightly be one of the casualties when Hearts dump/sell on the 'big wage/no impact' players.

Say goodbye to Pinilla, Makela, Beslija, McCann, Goncalves, Nade, Tall, Bednar, Agiuar and Kingston.

While i'd like to see Kingston and Tall stay... I can safely say I wouldn't miss any of the rest and neither would Hearts!

Gigolo-Aunt

How come he is not getting a run out in the reserves ??

Get this sorted, Vlad - or I am not renewing.

;)

Arthur Axident

What's wrong with Bruno Aguiar like ?

he's been value for money since he came to us

arf

Allegedly, apparently, supposedly he was out on the lash on George Street tonight on t' pull. According to my mate it was awesome to witness the great man in action (pulling not playing obviously as he never bloody does)

Allegedly

No allegedly about it. If he puts as much determination and effort into scoring goals as he does into scoring with the ladies, he'll end up with a better SPL scoring record than Marco Negri. FACT.:P

Ryan Gosling
How come he is not getting a run out in the reserves ??

Get this sorted, Vlad - or I am not renewing.

;)

Because Frail is a Clummist.

Elliot has cost us far less cash and has scored more goals for us in that period.

And Elliot is fecking useless.

Pinilla is symptomatic of the problems this club is having.

Promising player who costs alot and never delivers.:ninja:

But we have had to sit through many inept Calum Elliot performances. Not sure about you but I don't find it fun.

HMFCjamieHMFC
I've asked this before but can't remember if anyone answered, I'll ask again,

At the start of the season we were reading articles such as this.....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11790_2493966,00.html

Now there seems to be a suggestion on here that Frail doesn't like him.

What's happened?

Maybe he shagged a relative of Frail

I've asked this before but can't remember if anyone answered, I'll ask again,

At the start of the season we were reading articles such as this.....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11790_2493966,00.html

Now there seems to be a suggestion on here that Frail doesn't like him.

What's happened?

Frail saw him for what he is ? Maybe Frails doubts his integrity during his inury/illness spell ? Who knows however some on here will happily lay the blame firmly at Frails door.

Ryan Gosling
Frail saw him for what he is ? Maybe Frails doubts his integrity during his inury/illness spell ? Who knows however some on here will happily lay the blame firmly at Frails door.

It would be hard to doubt the integrity of the injuries from this season. Last season, yeah - but that comment was before Hearts sent him to get surgery on his fractured scaphoid.

I totally agree kick Pinilla out he's just a thief, 2 years off not contributing a thing to the team, but I suspect Mad Vlad will keep him on for the 4 years hoping to flock him on in 2 years.

Theirs no difference between Goncalves and Wallace, both have good and bad abilities.

Oh and apparently you have to run around like a headless chicken in training to be considered.

Ahhh so that is why we are subjected to Stewart and Elliot.

Ryan Gosling
Ahhh so that is why we are subjected to Stewart and Elliot.

Aye apparently you don't have enough commitment unless you're lunging into tackles, missing open goals and being outplayed by a boy from Cowdenbeath.

Aye apparently you don't have enough commitment unless you're lunging into tackles, missing open goals and being outplayed by a boy from Cowdenbeath.

All the makings of a top class footballer. Well Shaggy seems to think so.

But to be fair Morgaro Gomis is a good wee player. Seen him a few times when he was at Cowdenbeath and never thought he would be as good as he is.

Oh and apparently you have to run around like a headless chicken in training to be considered.

All the other players have to work but he should run about like a headless chicken if he wants to play. :rolleyes:

It does beg the question, why does Frail not have similar standards for Nade.

Yes, it is Frail's fault. :rolleyes:

Ryan Gosling
All the other players have to work but he should run about like a headless chicken if he wants to play. :rolleyes:

Yup I thought so too.

Archived