David Obua

Beats

Captain Sausage

Thought he looked very good. Hopefully buys him 30 minutes of peace for his next appearance at Tynecastle.

Manny1874

His passing was a bit erratic and sometimes he got caught on the ball, but for the most part he was good. For me he is still quite erratic, but well done to him today. It probably helped today that he didnt receive unfair abuse as soon as he made any kind of mistake.

Obua was very poor.

Regularly lost the ball under little pressure, consistently played team mates into trouble, never caused Rangers any problems, had no positional discipline, jogged back rather than busting a gut to block the cross for Davis' goal.

Apart from that he did play one good pass for Templeton and win some headers on that farcical tactic of booting the ball long to him. And how much did we gain from that tactic? Nothing, because neither he nor any other player has any idea of where the ball is going to go when it hits his head.

I hate seeing him play for Hearts. :yucky:

Tynecastle Valhalla

dont want him at the club but to be fair he was good today.

Thought Obua played very well today. Don't get me wrong, don't rate him but played about 3 decent balls to Temps and won almost every ball in the air. Couldn't really ask much more of him and overall was definitly the best Hearts player on the field overall.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Thought he looked very good. Hopefully buys him 30 minutes of peace for his next appearance at Tynecastle.

Aaaye..that won't happen..laugh.gif

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Had a great game but has not done enough over the course of his time here to warrant a new contract IMO... Always plays best away from home- where he doesn't have the crowd on his back. A few years ago he was excellent in Csaba's first season when we drew 1-1 at parkheid, held the ball up in attacking centre-mid and sprayed the ball about well. If Celtic had not equalised in injury time he would have been man of the match next to Driver who scored our opener.

Had a great game but has not done enough over the course of his time here to warrant a new contract IMO... Always plays best away from home- where he doesn't have the crowd on his back. A few years ago he was excellent in Csaba's first season when we drew 1-1 at parkheid, held the ball up in attacking centre-mid and sprayed the ball about well. If Celtic had not equalised in injury time he would have been man of the match next to Driver who scored our opener.

I agree.

But he done well today and is not as bad a player as some on here seem to think.

JamboMarc

There's a player there somewhere but he's not suited to Scottish football unfortunately! U could see today though, on a bigger pitch with more time on the ball he is a good player! When he is on a small pitch, being closed down as soon as he gets the ball he tends to struggle!!

hearts_crazy

Obua was very poor.

Regularly lost the ball under little pressure, consistently played team mates into trouble, never caused Rangers any problems, had no positional discipline, jogged back rather than busting a gut to block the cross for Davis' goal.

Apart from that he did play one good pass for Templeton and win some headers on that farcical tactic of booting the ball long to him. And how much did we gain from that tactic? Nothing, because neither he nor any other player has any idea of where the ball is going to go when it hits his head.

Wrong, He stood head and shoulders over every other Hearts player today, but obviously no point in telling you that, you obviously made up your mind about him months ago and refuse to be swayed

penicuik jambo

I have to confess i know nothing about fitba then cos i thought he was his usual gutless crap self

Craig-Section Z

No coincidence that his first decent game in a long time came away from Tynecastle.......one of many players in recent times that finds it easier to play away from home, i wonder why that is......

Jambof3tornado

Coco,

That's just simply not true, sorry. :)

Seconded. Not brilliant but won most of his headers and played some balls diagonally that we havent seen anyone else do for ages.

Let's be honest here,he never had a great game.He was better than normal,still not good enough and none of that his game is not suited to Scotland nonsense as well.

The grumbler will never accept that Obua played well. They need someone to boo.

Obua did well and playing him nearer his normal position usually helps a player.

Harry Palmer

Obua sprayed the passes about like the midfield maestro everyone has been greeting for....won headers as well.

Still, I blame Obua....

The Old Tolbooth

He was pish, he's always pish, he's got nothing else to offer other than pish.

I trust this clears a few things up :thumbsup:

To be fair, he wasn't as bad as he usually is today, but he's still got the heart of a mouse and literally zero footballing ability. If I was Scott Robinson the I'd be handing in a feckin transfer request because there is no way on gods earth that this impostor should be in any starting eleven before him, we're in danger of chasing away someone with proper talent by playing someone who has absolutely no talent whatsoever!

He was pish, he's always pish, he's got nothing else to offer other than pish.

I trust this clears a few things up :thumbsup:

To be fair, he wasn't as bad as he usually is today, but he's still got the heart of a mouse and literally zero footballing ability. If I was Scott Robinson the I'd be handing in a feckin transfer request because there is no way on gods earth that this impostor should be in any starting eleven before him, we're in danger of chasing away someone with proper talent by playing someone who has absolutely no talent whatsoever!

As I said to you earlier.No matter what he done you would not give him credit.

As for him having Zero footballing ability :vrface:

I agree Robinson needs a chance but not in the system JJ played today.You really think Robinson would do anything with punt after punt up the park.He could have played instead of Stevenson and tried to get on the end of flick ons but no in Obuas position.

Guest Dr. Pepper

He was shite, they all were, but Obua was just his usual shitey half hearted waste of a jersey self.

He had that one GID BAW for Templeton in the first half IIRC, although not convinced it was intentional.

:greatpost:

HES ****IN MURDER

Yo Yo the Parrot

Guys rank rotten always will be sooner he gets tae the better.

Taxi for Obua (just not my mates one that he got in with some wee ******* from Pilton the other week)

He got off at Haymarket if you know what I mean :whistling:

:yucky:

Goldstone Wonder

Obua was very poor.

Dear oh dear. This from the man who rates Gary Glen as a better player than Stephen Elliott.

The Old Tolbooth

As I said to you earlier.No matter what he done you would not give him credit.

As for him having Zero footballing ability :vrface:

I agree Robinson needs a chance but not in the system JJ played today.You really think Robinson would do anything with punt after punt up the park.He could have played instead of Stevenson and tried to get on the end of flick ons but no in Obuas position.

If we had packed the midfield with better quality then we might just have stifled the life out of them, as it happened we let them run through us at will and did very little to stop them, we only have ourselves to blame today for that pish (or Jefferies, or Vlad, whoever picked that pish side)

By the way, I thought Skacel was completely anonymous too, he just can't play away from home!

If we had packed the midfield with better quality then we might just have stifled the life out of them, as it happened we let them run through us at will and did very little to stop them, we only have ourselves to blame today for that pish (or Jefferies, or Vlad, whoever picked that pish side)

By the way, I thought Skacel was completely anonymous too, he just can't play away from home!

Vlad should start picking the team.

Will Wednesday night not be Obua's last ever game at Tynecastle ? Let's give him some backing for once - he deserves it for that goal against the Hibees and "that's Gangsta" if nothing else.

Dear oh dear. This from the man who rates Gary Glen as a better player than Stephen Elliott.

Did I say that? Don't remember saying that.

jack D and coke

Obua was very poor.

Thats pretty much how i saw things too. To say he was our best player on an utterly pathetic excuse for a performance doesn't say a hell of a lot.

He's so unaware of other players he constantly gets caught in possesion or plays others into trouble.

Pish.

Get tae.

sandylejambo

he might have won a lot of headers but how many went to Hearts players? you could count the number on your ******

cantleyzonehmfc

obua was average at best, i dont think an outstanding man of the match display from now till the end of the season is going to do him any good as his time in a hearts jersey is up, the fact that hes so laid back in his approach to his performances in a maroon top hasnt went down well with supporters, im not a fan of him and i certainly wouldnt have given him pass marks on todays performance but thats what we as hearts supporters have come to expect of him so nothing new there, fighting a losing battle springs to mind time to move on!

alwaysthereinspirit

I only got to see 20 mins of the game. He's $#!te but he did have two nice cross field passes.

"he's not suited for Scottish football" is just a kop out.

hearts_crazy

Good performance from Obua and yet still some refuse to give him credit, pathetic though predictable,

He didn't put a foot wrong all game, FACT, and to say none of his passes and headers went to Hearts players is just a blatant lie. Some people eh?blink.gif

Teuchterjambo

Will Wednesday night not be Obua's last ever game at Tynecastle ? Let's give him some backing for once - he deserves it for that goal against the Hibees and "that's Gangsta" if nothing else.

I had hoped that he already had his last game at Tynecastle but if suspension and injuries grant him one more then I can live with that ...just.

Wrong, He stood head and shoulders over every other Hearts player today, but obviously no point in telling you that, you obviously made up your mind about him months ago and refuse to be swayed

No I'm afraid Coco is quite correct.

He constantly got caught on the ball, offered no protection to CT, didnt seem to know where he was meant to be playing. He won headers, but how many went anywhere near a Hearts player? An awful footballer.

hearts_crazy

No I'm afraid Coco is quite correct.

He constantly got caught on the ball, offered no protection to CT, didnt seem to know where he was meant to be playing. He won headers, but how many went anywhere near a Hearts player? An awful footballer.

Couldn't disagree more, take the polar opposite of everything you wrote and your more on the mark

Couldn't disagree more, take the polar opposite of everything you wrote and your more on the mark

I believe you must have had your eyes shut while watching the game (must admit, I felt like closing my eyes!), if you have recorded it please re-watch just to be sure - he is an awful footballer.

p.s He did have a better game than normal for him, but that really is not difficult.

Bunny Munro

David Obua was my MOTM today.

Won 95% of headers aimed at him (his job is to flick it on, its not his fault if Skacel/Stevo arent in the right position to recieve it.) Tracker back well and did his defencive duties. His main problem is he's simply not consistant enough, had a good game today but who knows what kind of game he'll have on Wed if JJ picks him.

As for no footballing ability, rememeber this game?

Bunny Munro

I believe you must have had your eyes shut while watching the game (must admit, I felt like closing my eyes!), if you have recorded it please re-watch just to be sure - he is an awful footballer.

p.s He did have a better game than normal for him, but that really is not difficult.

Hearts_Crazy is right, sorry.

Diadora Van Basten

I thought he was murder, he won headers but none went to Hearts players. He played a number of hospital passes to CT, his first touch was never less than five feet away from him and was easily brushed of the ball by Edu & co.

Hearts_Crazy is right, sorry.

Don't be sorry.

But you are both completely wrong.

Radioactive Mince

Obua was very poor.

A fair assessment.

Teuchterjambo

David Obua was my MOTM today.

Won 95% of headers aimed at him (his job is to flick it on, its not his fault if Skacel/Stevo arent in the right position to recieve it.) Tracker back well and did his defencive duties. His main problem is he's simply not consistant enough, had a good game today but who knows what kind of game he'll have on Wed if JJ picks him.

As for no footballing ability, rememeber this game?

On the contrary - I think most of us know exactly what kind of game he will have on Wednesday if JJ picks him -

He won't tackle, won't bust a gut to get back, will pass the ball sideways and backwards, won't go by an opponent , won't play any penetrating passes, unlikely ot get a shot on target or put in a quality cross but may win a couple of glancing headers BUT the destination of them will be unknown to him or anybody else.

There will still be people on here who will tells us that there is a player in there somewhere , that he is not suited to the game here and only needs our backing to turn him into a superstaR.

It is all so predictable.

I had hoped that he already had his last game at Tynecastle but if suspension and injuries grant him one more then I can live with that ...just.

The consensus I think is that he has another year to go on his contract.

Archived