David Obua

Beats

portobellojambo1

Obua was very poor.

Regularly lost the ball under little pressure, consistently played team mates into trouble, never caused Rangers any problems, had no positional discipline, jogged back rather than busting a gut to block the cross for Davis' goal.

Apart from that he did play one good pass for Templeton and win some headers on that farcical tactic of booting the ball long to him. And how much did we gain from that tactic? Nothing, because neither he nor any other player has any idea of where the ball is going to go when it hits his head.

I hate seeing him play for Hearts. :yucky:

I'm not David Obua's biggest fan Coco (in fact probably the very opposite) but I think the above is rather harsh. I thought for the period the game was evenly balanced at 0-0 he was performing reasonably well, he actually played two or three very good cross field balls to Templeton in that period and apart form the odd poor pass looked decent. After Rangers opened the scoring he, like the rest of the team fell out the game. But early on he and indeed Templeton were our best performers (Templeton's input came to an end after he was brought down by Bougherra on the edge of the box, he never recovered from that tackle).

In terms of his time at Hearts his level has been way below what should be expected and based on that he shouldn't be offered any new or extended contract, but it is a bit harsh to say he was very poor today. After Rangers opened the scoring he was no poorer than any of his team mates, we collectively gave in and offered nothing.

Best Hearts player today.

Done well :thumbsup:

He had a very good game, wasn't there but watched a live stream. Maybe we should play him on the right side of the park more often because he semed very comfortable in that position today. Shame about everyonbe elase tho' :whistling:

I thought he was murder, he won headers but none went to Hearts players. He played a number of hospital passes to CT, his first touch was never less than five feet away from him and was easily brushed of the ball by Edu & co.

Competely agree with this but you forgot that he needed about 5 mins to get going with the ball and by that time he was dispossessed.

Just not up to the pace of the SPL.

Thunderstruck

No I'm afraid Coco is quite correct.

He constantly got caught on the ball, offered no protection to CT, didnt seem to know where he was meant to be playing. He won headers, but how many went anywhere near a Hearts player? An awful footballer.

Hint: Obua is the tall African chap with the fancy hair-do.

He rarely got caught on the ball, all of his headers went to waste because nobody else went looking for the knock on/down. He showed good close control and great vision - the two or three passes he threaded through to Templeton would have some on here in raptures if was anyone else. Incidentally, if Templeton had thought to make a pass or two today, we could have had a couple before they scored.

Obua can be a frustrating player but only the most myopic of his critics could fail to credit his efforts today.

He rarely got caught on the ball, all of his headers went to waste because nobody else went looking for the knock on/down. He showed good close control and great vision - the two or three passes he threaded through to Templeton would have some on here in raptures if was anyone else. Incidentally, if Templeton had thought to make a pass or two today, we could have had a couple before they scored.

Obua can be a frustrating player but only the most myopic of his critics could fail to credit his efforts today.

This for me.

Obua is frequently pash, but thought he had a very good game today.

ArmiyaRomanova

This, although you're being kind calling his critics today myopic. Biased beyond blindness more like.

Temps and Obua were our best players in the first half, and the entire team offered next to nothing in attack during the second.

I find it strange how people pick there pet player, normally a huddy and try to defend the indefensible.

Did you see him constantly out of position leaving CT exposed, his knock ons went to no one because he didn't know himself where they may end up never mind anyone else!

Did he know what position he was playing today? Did he sprint once today?

I'll give you the one cracking ball to temps though.

Hint : that'll be the god awful footballer.

the general

I only got to see 20 mins of the game. He's $#!te but he did have two nice cross field passes.

"he's not suited for Scottish football" is just a kop out.

Did you get out for singing dodgy songs?

Thunderstruck

You would think that with the game on TV (granted it wasn't on Council TV), you would actually have seen some of the game - if you weren't actually there.

Just the one ball through to Temps? Really!

bighusref

I only got to see 20 mins of the game. He's $#!te but he did have two nice cross field passes.

"he's not suited for Scottish football" is just a kop out.

really.png

Teuchterjambo

The consensus I think is that he has another year to go on his contract.

I fear you are right Coco but live in hope there is an error somewhere in the wording of his contract that will allow him to be released to a better place where the undoubted talents that some on her think he has will be allowed to blossom .

:whistling:

hearts_crazy

I find it strange how people pick there pet player, normally a huddy and try to defend the indefensible.

Did you see him constantly out of position leaving CT exposed, his knock ons went to no one because he didn't know himself where they may end up never mind anyone else!

Did he know what position he was playing today? Did he sprint once today?

I find it strange how some people pick a player they don't like and refuse point blank to give them credit when they actually have a decent game.

Constantly out of position? Explain, His knock ons went to no-one because no-one was reading the game well enough to pick them up. Do YOU know what position he was playing today? (Clearly not). Did he NEED to sprint once today?

I'll give you one corner he accidentally gave away though.

I find it strange how some people pick a player they don't like and refuse point blank to give them credit when they actually have a decent game.

Constantly out of position? Explain, His knock ons went to no-one because no-one was reading the game well enough to pick them up. Do YOU know what position he was playing today? (Clearly not). Did he NEED to sprint once today?

I'll give you one corner he accidentally gave away though.

Your wearing me down.

If you believe he had a good game today and that he's a wonderful player then so be it, obviously facts will not come in to it.

From his first touch today he got caught on the ball, and it never improved, derhun eventually gave up challenging him as they knew the second ball was going nowhere and they could easily collect.

Rangers had all the space in the world down our right!

It's not about not liking, it's about him being a very poor footballer.

Can you please enlighten me to the position he was attempting to play today as you seem to have superior knowledge?

P.s. Sorry, his two through balls to temps.

I can't believe folk are actually singling players out from that shambles today :laugh:

hearts_crazy

Your wearing me down.

If you believe he had a good game today and that he's a wonderful player then so be it, obviously facts will not come in to it.

From his first touch today he got caught on the ball, and it never improved, derhun eventually gave up challenging him as they knew the second ball was going nowhere and they could easily collect.

Rangers had all the space in the world down our right!

It's not about not liking, it's about him being a very poor footballer.

Can you please enlighten me to the position he was attempting to play today as you seem to have superior knowledge?

P.s. Sorry, his two through balls to temps.

Seriously though, I think you were watching someone else, I honestly can't think of a single incident where he got 'caught on the ball'. One of us must be going stark raving mad.

alwaysthereinspirit

really.png

Remind me again what three countries you stated he was more suited for.

Oh yeah now I remember, Italy, Germany or Holland. You're obviously a very gifted spotter of football talent. That or your head is so far up your own @$$ you dont know when to admit defeat. David Obau is $#!te. Anyone who thinks different is clueless.

Teuchterjambo

Seriously though, I think you were watching someone else, I honestly can't think of a single incident where he got 'caught on the ball'. One of us must be going stark raving mad.

Believe me it's you.

:down:

Disgrace at the third goal -- jogged over to try and defend the cross

Every pass is always short to his own team mates -- he cannot get the weight of pass right -- lack of touch really shows at times.

I'm pretty sure I am going mad, but not over how poor gansta Dave is!

As mentioned his closing down at the 3rd goal was awful.

Like some other Hearts players he just played for half an hour. Still too lightweight for his frame and when the chips are down he`s not got the heart.

Hate being critical when a guy has done reasonably well but on the whole he isn`t the type to help us go forward.

Harry Palmer

I can't believe folk are actually singling players out from that shambles today :laugh:

I can't believe you're still here...

bighusref

Remind me again what three countries you stated he was more suited for.

Oh yeah now I remember, Italy, Germany or Holland. You're obviously a very gifted spotter of football talent. That or your head is so far up your own @$ you dont know when to admit defeat. David Obau is $#!te. Anyone who thinks different is clueless.

I see he still isn't allowed a name, eh?

Gregory House M.D.

He's the worst footballer i've ever seen. His wages suggest otherwise. Throughout 99% of his Hearts career he's been absolutely shite. The 1% is made up of his headed double, a goal against Hibs, 1 good display against Celtic & 3 good balls against Rankgers. His halfheartedness is laughable as is his diving, heading ability, first touch, shooting, passing, control, jumping, hairstyle, gloves, boots that suggert he's a tricky winger, pace & all round footballing ability. This coupled with his shouting, gesturing and spitting at home fans in 08/09 should have seen his contract shredded in May 2009. We'd be better off with Ronnie Corbett on ?10,000+ per week just to tell jokes in the dressing room... He'd probably win more headers than Obubu to.

steven100

Nothing beats a Obua thread :whistling: . He's been missed on here the last few weeks. Welcome back :thumbsup:

bighusref

He's the worst footballer i've ever seen. His wages suggest otherwise. Throughout 99% of his Hearts career he's been absolutely shite. The 1% is made up of his headed double, a goal against Hibs, 1 good display against Celtic & 3 good balls against Rankgers. His halfheartedness is laughable as is his diving, heading ability, first touch, shooting, passing, control, jumping, hairstyle, gloves, boots that suggert he's a tricky winger, pace & all round footballing ability. This coupled with his shouting, gesturing and spitting at home fans in 08/09 should have seen his contract shredded in May 2009. We'd be better off with Ronnie Corbett on ?10,000+ per week just to tell jokes in the dressing room... He'd probably win more headers than Obubu to.

You haven't seen much football then.

Oh, and "Obubu"?

really.png

moonraker

He was shite, they all were, but Obua was just his usual shitey half hearted waste of a jersey self.

He had that one GID BAW for Templeton in the first half IIRC, although not convinced it was intentional.

:greatpost:

HES ****IN MURDER

Obviously arithmetic is not your strong point

I believe you must have had your eyes shut while watching the game (must admit, I felt like closing my eyes!), if you have recorded it please re-watch just to be sure - he is an awful footballer.

p.s He did have a better game than normal for him, but that really is not difficult.

Alright mate....

Watched on p2p4u and although I agree with you on Obua, he did have decent game yesterday. And seemed more comfortable on the right side of the park than anywhere else. Easily one of our best players yesterday. Just a shame with the ref being a bit of a ranker(s) (sic) and an offside goal finished us. As well as an indiffedrent performance from Jamie Mac on top of yet more poor defending and we were at ibrox afterall...

3 cracking diagonal balls to templeton

tried to get involved but seemed a little lightweight, no sharpness and his weight of passing in general was bad

first game for a while so no disgrace but nothing to write home about

Alright mate....

Watched on p2p4u and although I agree with you on Obua, he did have decent game yesterday. And seemed more comfortable on the right side of the park than anywhere else. Easily one of our best players yesterday. Just a shame with the ref being a bit of a ranker(s) (sic) and an offside goal finished us. As well as an indiffedrent performance from Jamie Mac on top of yet more poor defending and we were at ibrox afterall...

Davy, I've never believed a word you say - this just confirms it! Abooba is god damn awful and he was only slighlty less awful than normal.

Davy, I've never believed a word you say - this just confirms it! Abooba is god damn awful and he was only slighlty less awful than normal.

:D I'm not saying he is a good player. He is not good enough for Hearts full stop. I am only saying he was only one of 2 or 3 in the team yesterday who at leat attempted to put in a half hearted performance. Thats all.:thumbsup:

:D I'm not saying he is a good player. He is not good enough for Hearts full stop. I am only saying he was only one of 2 or 3 in the team yesterday who at leat attempted to put in a half hearted performance. Thats all.:thumbsup:

That I'm afraid is BS as well.

We really didnt start off to badly at all, but after the dodgy second we collapsed till half-time. Most players tried, and tried harder than Obua some just didnt have a good day. Only Rudi could be accused of putting less effort in than Obua.

For what it's worth I thought Ryan McGowan had a decent game.

Better call Saul

had a very good game the day

One swallow dont make a summer ....

RANK ROTTEN

pettigrewsstylist

too little too late ,,,,,get rid

Francis Albert

Just watched a re-run and it confirmed what I thought about this thread. Some people will just give Obua stick whatever he does. He won more balls in the air in one game than Kyle has all season, and rarely wasted a ball on the ground.

Given a full squad he wouldn't be in my starting 11 but to blindly state he was crap yesterday says everything about the poster and nothing about Obua.

Just watched a re-run and it confirmed what I thought about this thread. Some people will just give Obua stick whatever he does. He won more balls in the air in one game than Kyle has all season, and rarely wasted a ball on the ground.

Given a full squad he wouldn't be in my starting 11 but to blindly state he was crap yesterday says everything about the poster and nothing about Obua.

I gave the reasons why I thought he had a poor game.

The headers won did nothing for the team because they were not directed to anyone and we got no benefit from them. It has been impossible for any of our other players to work off Obua's headers in his entire time at Hearts. Rangers were very happy for him to win headers on the half way line because they mopped up every one. It was also noticeable that he didn't fancy trying to win the headers against McCulloch when he came on.

His poor control and need to move the ball onto his 'good' foot meant that momentum was regularly lost when he got the ball on the ground. Everyone has acknowledged the good pass for Templeton.

Francis Albert

I gave the reasons why I thought he had a poor game.

The headers won did nothing for the team because they were not directed to anyone and we got no benefit from them. It has been impossible for any of our other players to work off Obua's headers in his entire time at Hearts. Rangers were very happy for him to win headers on the half way line because they mopped up every one. It was also noticeable that he didn't fancy trying to win the headers against McCulloch when he came on.

His poor control and need to move the ball onto his 'good' foot meant that momentum was regularly lost when he got the ball on the ground. Everyone has acknowledged the good pass for Templeton.

Kyle had the same problem - he would win headers but often no-one would anticipate him winning them. Obua is hardly unique in not having two good feet, but nevertheless his pass completion was better than most if not all of his team-mates. Losing momentum is better than losing possession, which most were more guilty of than Obua. Obua continued to win more than his fair shareof headers against McCulloch, and played more than one good long through ball. I will not lose any sleep if Obua goes before next season but to say he was crap yesterday is nonsense.

colinmaroon

Kyle had the same problem - he would win headers but often no-one would anticipate him winning them. Obua is hardly unique in not having two good feet, but nevertheless his pass completion was better than most if not all of his team-mates. Losing momentum is better than losing possession, which most were more guilty of than Obua. Obua continued to win more than his fair shareof headers against McCulloch, and played more than one good long through ball. I will not lose any sleep if Obua goes before next season but to say he was crap yesterday is nonsense.

Amen!!!

Sorry I just can't agree, my honest unbiased, no preconceived ideas view was that he was utter pants.

Francis Albert

Sorry I just can't agree, my honest unbiased, no preconceived ideas view was that he was utter pants.

I suppose some reasoning, based on what happened in the game, is asking too much?

Hearts of Vladland

Obua won more header than any other player on the field, played three balls that Xaxi/Iniesta/Scholes would all be proud of and his use of the ball was generally decent. I would be happy if I never saw Obua in a Hearts top again but no one can deny he had a good game yesterday.

Obua won more header than any other player on the field, played three balls that Xaxi/Iniesta/Scholes would all be proud of and his use of the ball was generally decent. I would be happy if I never saw Obua in a Hearts top again but no one can deny he had a good game yesterday.

I will deny it.Thought he was average,5/10.On a day when Hearts were red rotten he played as well as could be expected from him.Average at best bar one game against Hibs.In fact the second half he performed to his usual level.The guy is mince. and if Saturday was him on one of his better days then god help us.

Archived