Press release from Rangers supporters groups

jumpship

Ben Dover

I'm gonna go out on a limb and show a wee bit faith in the idiot fringe amongst us... I think even they will realise the stupidity of such actions and not take the bait. Naive perhaps but I like to be positive. :)

I would genuinely worry about the actions of folk with tickets for the game that are not actually Hearts fans though... Surely as per another thread, no Hearts fan would be daft enough to lend/sell their ticket to a Celtic/Rangers fan that would risk the reputation of the club at this time of close analysis on Scottish football's problems. :ermm:

I salute you're positivity? Mothy

But the tea towel brigade will see this as a wonderful opportunity to wind up ( as they call it ) the TIC fans

It is indeed, and if they simply deafened the manky mob in the Roseburn end with H-E-A-----R-T-S for 90 mins then

that would be grand.

However you just know you will be able to shut your eyes and believe you are in a little corner of Ibrox when the 'winding up' starts :(

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rossthejambo

No pope of rome is a song that is obviously anti catholic, not a sectarian song.

Beyond parody.

Rick Grimes

Exactly, are you accusing Tina Tuner of being a bigot?

Not at all.

Are you claiming that the version sung at Ibrox is the Turner original? If not, what exactly is your point?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Mothy a quick read of the remainder of the thread after your post would indicate that's there no fecking chance of the that happening.

I'm afraid the 'Bain defence' of they're not real Hearts fans will wash no more at Tynecastle next Wednesday as it did in the carnage of Manchester.

The thing that proves to me that we will never rid ourselves of the problem of sectarianism is that the clowns on both sides of the divide don't veiw their actions as being sectarian in the first place.

When someone comes on an internet forum to say that 'No Pope of Rome' is not sectarian and genuinely believes that then i'm afraid Scottish society still has a fair bit of evolving to do. :(

We have plenty feckin moronic fans at Tynie and they have put the club at risk of sanctions for offensive singing before, I concede this but i just cling to the hope that they will realise the possible ramifications if they act up on this particular occasion with all the added media attention on both the title race and the sectarian news stories doing the rounds... they must surely see that we would be the ideal patsy for a Football Assosiation that is too scared to tackle the main culprits.

The reference to away supporters was actually more about my worry that we will continue to keep seeing Hun interlopers at Tynie on tickets that their Hearts friends have lent to them... Let's face it, as likely as our dick-heads are too sing a wee offensive ditty or two, at least there is the hope that the club's well-being is enough to silence them... Not so for a filthy Hun interloper who just wants to see Celtic get beaten and does not care a jot about Hearts. Really hope no Hearts fan would supply these orcs with tickets for the game.

I salute you're positivity? Mothy

But the tea towel brigade will see this as a wonderful opportunity to wind up ( as they call it ) the TIC fans

It is indeed, and if they simply deafened the manky mob in the Roseburn end with H-E-A-----R-T-S for 90 mins then

that would be grand.

However you just know you will be able to shut your eyes and believe you are in a little corner of Ibrox when the 'winding up' starts :(

Yeah, I know... Live in hope though eh? :ermm:

speedbump

Not at all.

Are you claiming that the version sung at Ibrox is the Turner original? If not, what exactly is your point?

They sing the original with sectarian add ons. I have never heard them sing the "1st battalion of the UVF" version at games.

Simply the best has sectarian add ons, No pope of rome is a song that is obviously anti catholic, not a sectarian song. You obviously agree about the 2 I mentioned though.

I dont post much these days...

But for the love of God!!!

I actually fell off my office chair laughing at this - and so did several of my colleagues when I pointed it out to them!

Speedbump seems to now have disappeared so far up his own arse he'll be staring out of his own mouth pretty soon.

This is almost as car crash mental as Terry ****wit was in his prime

I'm glad I tuned in

"It may be anti-Catholic, but at least it's not sectarian!"

I'm surprised no-one has yet attempted to sell this marvellous slogan to Martin Bain.

Once again, Kickback comes up with comedy gold.

Guest Dr. Pepper

It is good that there will be a dozen Rangers fans in the Hearts end on Wednesday because it means we can blame them when 5000 Hearts fans sing "up to our knees in fenian blood".

PHHHEEEWWW

The Merse

Couldn't be bothered reading most of this thread.

Glad I caught the "anti-catholic but not sectarian" quote though.

That takes the biscuit.

davemclaren

I have said that there is a time and place for everything B)

Fair enough.

speedbump

Fair enough.

I stopped singing the songs at the football a few years ago when most who did started to also quieten down, although I often let loose on a bus, train or bar near to the games :unsure:

Archived