Press release from Rangers supporters groups

jumpship

The Treasurer

So basically Liewell is saying that pro-IRA chanting is ok as it's not deemed "sectarian"

Is there no limit to how low they'll stoop to portray themselves as "victims"

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Treasurer

Who's defending them? I am looking for people to back up their accusations. Massive difference.

Off topic, but great new avatar Speedbump thumbsup.gif

speedbump

I'll bite....

• "No Pope of Rome"
  • "Super Rangers"
  • "Simply the Best"
  • The song with **** Bobby Sands, He`s Deid

1 out of 4 and that is Super Rangers, good try but not good enough :thumbsup:

Victorian

Celtic are making a break for it

Celtic have privately urged Uefa to intervene in the sectarianism debate in Scottish football, with the hope of making the SFA and Scottish Premier League more forceful in tackling the problem.

In private correspondence between Celtic and the SFA, Peter Lawwell, the Celtic chief executive, has also insisted that his club does not have a sectarianism problem, in a clear effort by Lawwell to distance Celtic from the current difficulties being faced by Rangers.

Celtic have even suggested that Michel Platini, the president of Uefa, should become more proactive in a debate that is haunting the Scottish game, and which has led to Uefa taking yet further sanctions against Rangers for sectarian chanting.

It is believed Lawwell has been irked by recent references to the ?Old Firm problem? when, in fact, the chief executive believes that Celtic as a club has little case to answer on the subject.

Lawwell?s recent move came in correspondence between himself and Stewart Regan, the SFA chief executive. Significantly, Lawwell also forwarded his letter to Platini, inviting a greater participation by the Uefa president. Platini?s department has since replied to Celtic?s overtures.

Some will view Celtic?s positioning on the subject as raising the stakes in the current Old Firm debate, especially in light of Rangers? recent troubles. The Ibrox club is likely to announce this week that it will not appeal the recent punishment handed down by Uefa ? a ?72,000 fine and a ban on away supporters in Europe ? following reports of bigoted chanting.

Graham Spiers, The Times

:rofl:

and yet so...

:omg!:

i just kinda...

:stare:

then i just...

:facepalm:

Walter Bishop

1 out of 4 and that is Super Rangers, good try but not good enough :thumbsup:

Give Strathclyde police a call or the Rangers trust im sure they will disagree with you. :thumbsup:

UEFA Regulations 6(1) about clubs being responsible for the behaviour of their supporters

UEFA specifically mentioned ?No Pope in Rome?, ?**** the Pope? and the Billy Boys as discriminatory singing and concluded the following:

?UEFA has to send a strong message that sectarianism is unacceptable within football, especially within UEFA competitions. If Rangers FC wishes to compete in UEFA competitions, they must combat this behaviour not only on the occasion of home matches but also on the occasion of away matches. These incidents are ascribable to Rangers FC in accordance with Article 6(1) RD and must be punished accordingly.?

Fathers advice,Build my gallows,words changed in simply the best,no pope of Rome,the famine song etc etc are all classed as sectarian, you can believe what you want.

Your one of the few brain dead Hearts "supporters" that will be gutted if we get something from Saturday`s game. :down:

The Treasurer

Your one of the few brain dead Hearts "supporters" that will be gutted if we get something from Saturday`s game. :down:

Why would a Hearts supporter be "gutted" if we get the point that we need to secure European football.

What a very strange thing to say.

speedbump

Give Strathclyde police a call or the Rangers trust im sure they will disagree with you. :thumbsup:

UEFA Regulations 6(1) about clubs being responsible for the behaviour of their supporters

UEFA specifically mentioned ?No Pope in Rome?, ?**** the Pope? and the Billy Boys as discriminatory singing and concluded the following:

?UEFA has to send a strong message that sectarianism is unacceptable within football, especially within UEFA competitions. If Rangers FC wishes to compete in UEFA competitions, they must combat this behaviour not only on the occasion of home matches but also on the occasion of away matches. These incidents are ascribable to Rangers FC in accordance with Article 6(1) RD and must be punished accordingly.?

Fathers advice,Build my gallows,words changed in simply the best,no pope of Rome,the famine song etc etc are all classed as sectarian, you can believe what you want.

Great assumption at the end, you plank!

jamboinglasgow

:rofl:

and yet so...

:omg!:

i just kinda...

:stare:

then i just...

:facepalm:

Its stuff like that which makes me want to climb up the highest mountain, then just yell at the rest of the world "will someone not rid us of this cursed pair."

It's deeply disturbing that letter, and is in line with the view of Celtic fans. This with yesterday's Rangers fans saying its a minority, then saying they will self-police then ends with a cry of "stop picking on us" shows how neither club will admit the problem as they are both too childish.

speedbump

Jamie I would post up the lyrics but certain folk like you would report me for sectarian postings with checking what they actually are for Father's Advice and Build My Gallows. And I fail to see how a pop song is a sectarian anthem, the add ons are sectarian not the song.

Victorian

Its stuff like that which makes me want to climb up the highest mountain, then just yell at the rest of the world "will someone not rid us of this cursed pair."

It's deeply disturbing that letter, and is in line with the view of Celtic fans. This with yesterday's Rangers fans saying its a minority, then saying they will self-police then ends with a cry of "stop picking on us" shows how neither club will admit the problem as they are both too childish.

:Agree:

totally horrendous attitude to adopt, even by their diabolical standards.

it's a tacit approval from the celtic board to what their followers sing. quite incredible. and yet there will never be any questions raised.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

:Agree:

totally horrendous attitude to adopt, even by their diabolical standards.

it's a tacit approval from the celtic board to what their followers sing. quite incredible. and yet there will never be any questions raised.

I would not worry about it too much though... After yesterday's rallying call to all the blue side of the trampy divide... they are now going to sit back and take it no more! They will now point out Celtic's bad behaviour with volleys of outraged emails to UEFA/FIFA, just like the green tramps have done to them.

As these two backward children continue to bother the teacher of their remedial basket-weaving class with tattle-tale tantrums, eventually the teacher will say "enough is enough" and send them both to detention.

Let them escalate the debate and point scoring until they have enough rope each... It could be quite amusing actually. :woot:

Victorian

I would not worry about it too much though... After yesterday's rallying call to all the blue side of the trampy divide... they are now going to sit back and take it no more! They will now point out Celtic's bad behaviour with volleys of outraged emails to UEFA/FIFA, just like the green tramps have done to them.

As these two backward children continue to bother the teacher of their remedial basket-weaving class with tattle-tale tantrums, eventually the teacher will say "enough is enough" and send them both to detention.

Let them escalate the debate and point scoring until they have enough rope each... It could be quite amusing actually. :woot:

it's the potential collatarel victims that i worry about. it does seem as if the two most vile entities imaginable are about to embark on campaigns to 'grass up' as many instances of banned behaviour as they can set eyes and ears on. sooner or later the opportunity will arise for either of them to run screaming to the playground monitors about less wholesale cases of banned behaviour by the school runt(s) and the poor wee souls will get thumped by the class bully.

Walter Bishop

Why would a Hearts supporter be "gutted" if we get the point that we need to secure European football.

What a very strange thing to say.

Because it would all but end Rangers chances of winning the league. <_<

Guest Bilel Mohsni

it's the potential collatarel victims that i worry about. it does seem as if the two most vile entities imaginable are about to embark on campaigns to 'grass up' as many instances of banned behaviour as they can set eyes and ears on. sooner or later the opportunity will arise for either of them to run screaming to the playground monitors about less wholesale cases of banned behaviour by the school runt(s) and the poor wee souls will get thumped by the class bully.

If anyone on Gorgie Loyal actually gives a hoot about the possible sanctions that we could end up facing then I suggest someone on both sites brings this up with them. :ninja:

Victorian

If anyone on Gorgie Loyal actually gives a hoot about the possible sanctions that we could end up facing then I suggest someone on both sites brings this up with them. :ninja:

yes. hopefully brains will be grown and put to good use.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Win-win situation then? Sounds good to me. :)

Walter Bishop

Jamie I would post up the lyrics but certain folk like you would report me for sectarian postings with checking what they actually are for Father's Advice and Build My Gallows. And I fail to see how a pop song is a sectarian anthem, the add ons are sectarian not the song.

I couldn't give a toss what they sing or Celtic for that matter They have been pulled up UEFA for singing these songs and rightly so, and whether they are sectarian or not in your opinion they bring problems, they have no place in any football stadium long may the clampdown continue.

For whats it worth I wouldn't be surprised if our "supporters" were targeted next.

jamboinglasgow

I am actually worried that idiots in our cried will song silly songs against Celtic. The old firm will be out for blood, Rangers will want to drag down someone else as it makes them look not as bad while Celtic will be trying to get teams to hide their own problems as showing it is only Celtic who are victims.

speedbump

I couldn't give a toss what they sing or Celtic for that matter They have been pulled up UEFA for singing these songs and rightly so, and whether they are sectarian or not in your opinion they bring problems, they have no place in any football stadium long may the clampdown continue.

For whats it worth I wouldn't be surprised if our "supporters" were targeted next.

You said these songs were bigoted and now you don't give a toss................make your mind up.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

When did this whole "having an agenda" thing become a negative? As if just having an 'agenda' automatically invalidates the point. I have an 'agenda' against racists and guys who beat women, does that mean my views shouldn't be heard?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I am actually worried that idiots in our cried will song silly songs against Celtic. The old firm will be out for blood, Rangers will want to drag down someone else as it makes them look not as bad while Celtic will be trying to get teams to hide their own problems as showing it is only Celtic who are victims.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and show a wee bit faith in the idiot fringe amongst us... I think even they will realise the stupidity of such actions and not take the bait. Naive perhaps but I like to be positive. :)

I would genuinely worry about the actions of folk with tickets for the game that are not actually Hearts fans though... Surely as per another thread, no Hearts fan would be daft enough to lend/sell their ticket to a Celtic/Rangers fan that would risk the reputation of the club at this time of close analysis on Scottish football's problems. :ermm:

Walter Bishop

You said these songs were bigoted and now you don't give a toss................make your mind up.

Make my mind up about what?

I dont give a toss! They can sing what they want however the songs are sectarian and they are now being rightly punished,end off.

Victorian

I dont give a toss! They can sing what they want however the songs are sectarian and they are now being rightly punished,end off.

so they can't really sing what they want then.

Walter Bishop

This is exactly what will happen imo and im afraid we will be dragged into it. Imagine next Wednesday once we end Celtic`s title hopes? They will be dragging up anything and everything.

cosanostra

I'm gonna go out on a limb and show a wee bit faith in the idiot fringe amongst us... I think even they will realise the stupidity of such actions and not take the bait. Naive perhaps but I like to be positive. :)

I would genuinely worry about the actions of folk with tickets for the game that are not actually Hearts fans though... Surely as per another thread, no Hearts fan would be daft enough to lend/sell their ticket to a Celtic/Rangers fan that would risk the reputation of the club at this time of close analysis on Scottish football's problems. :ermm:

I reckon Hearts neds are no smarter than any other teams neds so I'd expect them to remain as pig ignorant as they currently are.

They don't care about the reputation of Hearts and they care even less what the majority of Hearts fans think. I'd even go as far as to say that when away to Killie, Hamilton or Motherwell, the ned / bigot songs that are sung are aimed mostly at antagonising other Hearts fans.

I can't see the SFA ever doing anything as that would mean they'd have to get seriously heavy with Rangers and maybe Celtic so as long as the neds behave themselves on our Euro trips, the club should be ok.

Victorian

This is exactly what will happen imo and im afraid we will be dragged into it. Imagine next Wednesday once we end Celtic`s title hopes? They will be dragging up anything and everything.

hearts as a club should be in a good position to head off any trouble. they should already be planning ahead with this. supporters with something akin to a brain should also be thinking hard about future behaviour.

Walter Bishop

hearts as a club should be in a good position to head off any trouble. they should already be planning ahead with this. supporters with something akin to a brain should also be thinking hard about future behaviour.

I would hope so, we are going to be an easy target and next Wednesday is potentially the biggest game of the season for Hearts and Celtic, if Hearts got the 1st goal im sure "Hello Hello" would get an outing in various versions.

speedbump

The songs I mentioned aren't sectarian.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I reckon Hearts neds are no smarter than any other teams neds so I'd expect them to remain as pig ignorant as they currently are.

They don't care about the reputation of Hearts and they care even less what the majority of Hearts fans think. I'd even go as far as to say that when away to Killie, Hamilton or Motherwell, the ned / bigot songs that are sung are aimed mostly at antagonising other Hearts fans.

I can't see the SFA ever doing anything as that would mean they'd have to get seriously heavy with Rangers and maybe Celtic so as long as the neds behave themselves on our Euro trips, the club should be ok.

I am undecided on the SFA in this matter... I honestly would not put it past them to pounce on us in a game v Celtic and paint us in to a corner with the offensive OF masses. I think they could see a Hearts v Celtic game as the ideal way of firing a warning shot accross the bows of the OF without actually tackling them by using us as the patsy.

I honestly think our own troublesome element will be on good behaviour though for this game... My biggest fear is 1)- Non-Hearts fans with tickets for the home ends and 2)- The fact that it is only sectarian chants that appear to be being scrutinised while Celtic's offensive ditties are being explained away as non-sectarian and thus not as offensive for some reason. First bit of sustained IRA shoite and there will be some amongst us that could react with sectarian stuff and it would only be us who were hammered. :huh:

shaun.lawson

Please explain why. And for the record "they're not sectarian because I (speedbump) sing them" is not an argument.

The Treasurer

And a HEARTS supporter would be "gutted" about this because ..........

Walter Bishop

UEFA, Rangers and Strathclyde police say differently, that`l do for me. :thumbsup:

Walter Bishop

And a HEARTS supporter would be "gutted" about this because ..........

Because a faction of our support like the term "cousins of William" etc and would rather the blue half won the title. Hence being gutted at us taking a point or more from Ibrox.

I want us to win, i would love it if we beat them on Saturday (Keegan style) to dispel the myth of having any allegiance towards Rangers.

The Treasurer

Because a faction of our support like the term "cousins of William" etc and would rather the blue half won the title. Hence being gutted at us taking a point or more from Ibrox.

I want us to win, i would love it if we beat them on Saturday (Keegan style) to dispel the myth of having any allegiance towards Rangers.

I am unaware of any "allegiance" that Hearts have with any other club huh.gif

speedbump

Please explain why. And for the record "they're not sectarian because I (speedbump) sing them" is not an argument.

They do not contain any sectarian lyrics.

speedbump

UEFA, Rangers and Strathclyde police say differently, that`l do for me. :thumbsup:

You seem ITK :whistling:

shaun.lawson

You don't think 'No Pope of Rome', or Rangers fans' version of 'Simply The Best' have sectarian lyrics.

Really?

Jamboelite

Really ?!?

Oops noticed Shaun has said the same thing....................but REALLY ?!!?

speedbump

You don't think 'No Pope of Rome', or Rangers fans' version of 'Simply The Best' have sectarian lyrics.

Really?

Simply the best has sectarian add ons, No pope of rome is a song that is obviously anti catholic, not a sectarian song. You obviously agree about the 2 I mentioned though.

shaun.lawson

Simply the best has sectarian add ons, No pope of rome is a song that is obviously anti catholic, not a sectarian song. You obviously agree about the 2 I mentioned though.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What on earth do you think is the difference between an anti-Catholic song (or anti-Protestant song) and a sectarian song?

speedbump

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What on earth do you think is the difference between an anti-Catholic song and a sectarian song?

I associate sectarian songs with more colourful lyrics than No pope of Rome.

davemclaren

I associate sectarian songs with more colourful lyrics than No pope of Rome.

I bet you do. :ninja:

Perhaps if we all agreed that colourful or non-colourful songs of a religious bent don't really have a place at Tynecastle then we could all stop discussing it as much and leave any possible problem to others. Do you agree with that?

I agree .....it has no place at all at Tynecastle.......but sadly the mini huns will be in a love in tonight.

No pope of rome is a song that is obviously anti catholic, not a sectarian song.

Speedbump seems to now have disappeared so far up his own arse he'll be staring out of his own mouth pretty soon.

This is almost as car crash mental as Terry ****wit was in his prime

I'm glad I tuned in

Rick Grimes
I fail to see how a pop song is a sectarian anthem, the add ons are sectarian not the song.

so its not sectarian apart from the sectarian bits they add on? :blink:

speedbump

I bet you do. :ninja:

Perhaps if we all agreed that colourful or non-colourful songs of a religious bent don't really have a place at Tynecastle then we could all stop discussing it as much and leave any possible problem to others. Do you agree with that?

I have said that there is a time and place for everything B)

speedbump

so its not sectarian apart from the sectarian bits they add on? :blink:

Exactly, are you accusing Tina Tuner of being a bigot?

The Mighty Thor

Mothy a quick read of the remainder of the thread after your post would indicate that's there no fecking chance of the that happening.

I'm afraid the 'Bain defence' of they're not real Hearts fans will wash no more at Tynecastle next Wednesday as it did in the carnage of Manchester.

The thing that proves to me that we will never rid ourselves of the problem of sectarianism is that the clowns on both sides of the divide don't veiw their actions as being sectarian in the first place.

When someone comes on an internet forum to say that 'No Pope of Rome' is not sectarian and genuinely believes that then i'm afraid Scottish society still has a fair bit of evolving to do. :(

Archived