rangers in trouble again

ASSASSIN

davemclaren

I mean in the context of just not knowing of them, it's hardly a hanging offence although one blog I read last night had him compared to the Shankill Butchers (slight embellishment on my part but you get the picture).

I assume you know those guys personally? :cool_shades:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
speedbump

I assume you know those guys personally? :cool_shades:

I have never met them, not really my side of town :thumbsup:

JamboAberdeen

Technically it was breach of the regulation which bars players from expressing personal message.

Remember Iniesta got booked when he paid tribute to Daniel Jargue after scoring winner at the World Cup final.

But practically no chance of Weir/Rangers getting caught.

I don't think anyone in SFA or even UEFA/FIFA has courage to stand against public condemnation from UK and all over the world.

I felt my post summed up the way I feel towards FIFA's law on the situation quite adequately. Whereas you were just trying to be a smart alec with your wee facepalm Vlad pic. Chuckled the first time I seen that, now it is rather overused by under educated forum members who can't think of any witty text but want to be noticed. Give it a rest, friend.

:arry:

Please stop typing.

You break the rules you take the punishment :verysmug:

Chris Benoit

Just read up a bit, clubs seek permission from the SPL/SFA for poppies. If David Weir had asked permission this wouldn't be an issue. He's guilty of nothing but not following the rules in my eyes.

That's the point though he broke the rules so should be punished. Personally I have no issue with it and certainly took no offence but rules are rules

speedbump

That's the point though he broke the rules so should be punished. Personally I have no issue with it and certainly took no offence but rules are rules

Seems a petty rule and it's not going to impact a great deal, he will get a small fine if anything at all.

Coburg Hearts

Are you really that stupid? Seriously? Probably not, but you would argue black was white on hear when it suits. Gets pretty boring. Your original post was complete drivel and nothing to do with the point in hand.

Nobody said it caused offence.

Nobody has an agenda.

It doesn't matter if the message appeared on souvenirs FFS.

Wakey wakey!!! Smell the coffee yet. Re read your post, it's complete rubbish and irrelevant.

You are not allowed a personal message on the strip. It's against the rules.

END OF STORY.

It doesn't matter what it says.

You getting this yet? Your first post clearly didn't. Your 2nd post, back tracks a little, yet waffles on about sponsorship. :vrface:

Who cares! That's another debate. Rangers broke the rules. Simple.

No more Remembrance day tops for our team, then? The above post is the biggest load of crap I've read for a while.

Just read the post above re the poppy.

Chris Benoit

Seems a petty rule and it's not going to impact a great deal, he will get a small fine if anything at all.

Agreed and don't know why it's been blown up like this but he'll get a slap on the wrist and something like a fine of ?5k

speedbump

Agreed and don't know why it's been blown up like this but he'll get a slap on the wrist and something like a fine of ?5k

Agendas my dear boy, people have agendas and angles to promote :thumbsup:

Chris Benoit

No more Remembrance day tops for our team, then? The above post is the biggest load of crap I've read for a while.

We get permission for the remembrance day tops as do Rangers so they should have known but to be honest fail to see what the big deal is, little telling off and a token fine

Chris Benoit

Agendas my dear boy, people have agendas and angles to promote :thumbsup:

Agreed I'll no doubt be labelled a mini Hun for not demanding he be tarred and feathered but it's not as if he had anything offensive stitched into his shirt

Coburg Hearts

I have never met them, not really my side of town :thumbsup:

If ever you go over to the east side of the town. lalala

Better watch or I'll get myself barred. :rolleyes:

speedbump

If ever you go over to the east side of the town. lalala

Better watch or I'll get myself barred. :rolleyes:

I'm often spotted in the East, love a session in the Welders :thumbsup:

Coburg Hearts

We get permission for the remembrance day tops as do Rangers so they should have known but to be honest fail to see what the big deal is, little telling off and a token fine

Yea, I noticed that after I had posted. Agree with what you say, though.

Coburg Hearts

I'm often spotted in the East, love a session in the Welders :thumbsup:

The Berlin Arms was more my scene...on the other side of town. :thumbsup:

PsychocAndy

meh, to be honest.

I don't care about the act, tbh. However, if it gets them into trouble, I'm all for it. thumbsup.gif

Much as I dont like RFC or the concept of Royalty, this is plain silly.

Dinnae really give a ****, neither offends or impresses me... however, since it is that mingin' club... I hope they get slaughtered for it. :thumbsup:

I with the above on this, and I really dislike Royal Family and Rangers.

The Baldmans Comb

An absolutely disgusting club from top to bottom.....but lighten up a bit here folks.

Now if that small fine could just land on Murray's doormat after the taxman's ?60 million bill arrives duly rubber-stamped by the courts and proves to be the final straw in their beleaguered finances, that would be highly amusing.

Seriously, after the UEFA sanctions you really would think someone at the huns would have the nous to try to keep everything above board, even trivial shit like this. They just can't help it, can they? :D

Weird, strange beyond belief but not really hugely offensive to this anti-royalist.

I don't know but from what I've heard said of Davie Weir he's never struck me as somebody that would attempt a wind-up around something like this. Just all a bit weird as I said earlier.

kennyblack'sshot

I find all this pretending to be offended at absolutely everything to be getting beyond a joke.

Liking the Royal Family does not make you a loyalist bigot anymore than being an Irish republican or crossing yourself on a football pitch makes you a terrorist.

This country, like it or not, has a Royal Family, and many people like them despite the fact that they cost a packet to clothe, house, protect and feed, they talk funny and have a tendency to look like horses. This does not make Royal Family lovers bad people. Just slightly sad if they are not over the age of 60.

In the whole wide world, it's only Rangers and Celtic who make issues out of things like what religion someone is, whether or not they come from Ireland and whether or not they like the Royal Family. Let's leave it to them eh?

Signed,

An Old Firm hating, agnostic, anti-monarchy, pro-Scottish independence, left-wing, anglophile, quarter Irish Hearts and Scotland supporter

Rick Grimes

Has anyone on the thread actually declared any real offence taken or just some glee at Rangers yet again getting themselves into bother?

No big deal, caught on a technicality. Good - now hammer them just cos its funny. :thumbsup:

Diadora Van Basten

I think this is a good opportunity for Rangers:

1 If they lose they will probably get a small fine

2 There is tremendous goodwill throughout the UK for the Royal wedding and if they play the persecution card then they will be supported by an enormous amount of people.

The Treasurer

hardly a big deal!

what is so wrong with it? people who are offended need to lighten up

As has been rightly pointed out, the actual message is irrelevant, but by doing so it has breached FIFA rules and therefore some sort of punishment is inevitable.

FWIW I think this is one rule that FIFA have got right, if they allowed a player or club to print a personal message on their shirts then it could take them down a dangerous route where something innocent to one club could be seen as offensive and provocative to another, so to avoid that possibility a blanket ban is the only way to go

Alba gu Brath

Disgusting.

Football fans and clubs should have no truck with inbred royals or popes. If folk want to make tributes to whoever, then let them do in their own homes and churches.

speedbump

I love the outraged few...................disgusting etc etc I wonder who the real bigots are.

I love the outraged few...................disgusting etc etc I wonder who the real bigots are.

I doubt many people on here have been serious with their comments.

What people need to understand is, it's the rules, no pesonalised messages on shirts (Or t-shirts under the shirts). I don't care either way, I just like the fact that it's Rangers and Davie Weir that's in trouble :thumbsup:

Some boy in England was booked for taking his top off and showing a picture of his dead dad on a T-shirt after he'd scored dry.gif Common sense would have been good in this situation, no booking, BUT it's the rules!!

Deduct Rangers points and Jail DW for 60 days...Jobs a good un :woot:

speedbump

I doubt many people on here have been serious with their comments.

I think you might be wrong, the republican vibe is strong on this place.

Coburg Hearts

If you think it's bad here you should try the Shed.

Quite a lot of tims there are, eh Yoda (Wrong colour yoda is, eh speedy)!! :thumbsup:

speedbump

Quite a lot of tims there are, eh Yoda (Wrong colour yoda is, eh speedy)!! :thumbsup:

No, republican hearts fans.

wright1989

Disgusting.

Football fans and clubs should have no truck with inbred royals or popes. If folk want to make tributes to whoever, then let them do in their own homes and churches.

Thank you! Spot on.

JamboRossi79

I find all this pretending to be offended at absolutely everything to be getting beyond a joke.

Liking the Royal Family does not make you a loyalist bigot anymore than being an Irish republican or crossing yourself on a football pitch makes you a terrorist.

This country, like it or not, has a Royal Family, and many people like them despite the fact that they cost a packet to clothe, house, protect and feed, they talk funny and have a tendency to look like horses. This does not make Royal Family lovers bad people. Just slightly sad if they are not over the age of 60.

In the whole wide world, it's only Rangers and Celtic who make issues out of things like what religion someone is, whether or not they come from Ireland and whether or not they like the Royal Family. Let's leave it to them eh?

Signed,

An Old Firm hating, agnostic, anti-monarchy, pro-Scottish independence, left-wing, anglophile, quarter Irish Hearts and Scotland supporter

OMG elliomg.png

romanovpalm.png

Will people please read the article before commenting with absolute drivel like the above.

It is against the rules of FIFA to have a personal message on a match day football top regardless of what that message is.

Rankgers broke the rules therefore should be punished.

Simples.

speedbump

OMG elliomg.png

romanovpalm.png

Will people please read the article before commenting with absolute drivel like the above.

It is against the rules of FIFA to have a personal message on a match day football top regardless of what that message is.

Rankgers broke the rules therefore should be punished.

Simples.

No David Weir broke the rules, not the club. This is an individual act.

jambo_til_i_die

Hmmmm for the Hearts v Motherwell game any Hearts fan with the name William or Kate (Catherine, whatever) was allowed in for free. Whats the difference?

Personally, this is football and dont give two hoots about a marriage so neither club should have made a gesture.

rossthejambo

hardly a big deal!

what is so wrong with it? people who are offended need to lighten up

Disappointed that I'm the only one to have noticed the almighty irony of this post coming from this particular poster. :woot:

Do you HONESTLY believe that this was Davie Weirs choice (I won't put in the stupid face palm smilley).

"Awrite Waltur, A want ta pit Kate and wullies name oan ma tap coz it's there weddin..." (Again no face palm)

Rangers chose to do this, they chose to do this on the Captains top...At least Hearts were Just sickening enough to do it a press conference on a stupid looking mug, Not you JJ :whistling:

(Not against the rules!!) :thumbsup:

Drylaw Hearts

I would suggest that the decision to have a message on the club captains jersey came from someone higher up within Rangers.

speedbump

Do you HONESTLY believe that this was Davie Weirs choice (I won't put in the stupid face palm smilley).

"Awrite Waltur, A want ta pit Kate and wullies name oan ma tap coz it's there weddin..." (Again no face palm)

Rangers chose to do this, they chose to do this on the Captains top...At least Hearts were Just sickening enough to do it a press conference on a stupid looking mug, Not you JJ :whistling:

(Not against the rules!!) :thumbsup:

I think davie weir had a word with the kitman and did it of his own back.

The Treasurer

Disappointed that I'm the only one to have noticed the almighty irony of this post coming from this particular poster. :woot:

It had crossed my mind, that's why I chose to use his particular post to reply to.

I would suggest that the decision to have a message on the club captains jersey came from someone higher up within Rangers.

The outgoing CE perhaps?

If the takeover deal goes trough.

Dr. Bapswent

Did Mr Weir take his top to be professionally embroidered?

The Treasurer

Hmmmm for the Hearts v Motherwell game any Hearts fan with the name William or Kate (Catherine, whatever) was allowed in for free. Whats the difference?

Personally, this is football and dont give two hoots about a marriage so neither club should have made a gesture.

This is really becoming hard work.

The actual message is not the issue, in fact it is totally irrelevant.

The rules are that NO messages are allowed under FIFA rules, therefore this is a clear breach of those rules.

Drylaw Hearts

I've read a couple of reports that neither Smith or Weir knew anything about it until just prior to kick-off.

speedbump

Did Mr Weir take his top to be professionally embroidered?

I'd imagine that's where the kitman get's involved :thumbsup:

Dr. Bapswent

It comes down to whether it was a harmless piece of celebration or a deliberate inflammatory act.

You'd think someone at the club would be sensible enough to avoid any sort of excuse for bad press....considering the events of late.... But no, of course, Rangers cant pass an opportunity to get in even a sly back handed dig if they can.

Therefore IMO it was a deliberate and foolish act.

Such 'memorabilia' should be kept in the club shop and not on the park.

but irrespective its a breach of rules and the club should know better and be disciplined accordingly.

Dr. Bapswent

I'd imagine that's where the kitman get's involved :thumbsup:

Fair enough,

Personally I don't care who is responsible.

Its bad enough that someone (anyone) is dumb enough to go through with something as childish as that.

Shame they wont get hammered for it...just another 'spare change' fine at worst.

jambo_til_i_die

This is really becoming hard work.

The actual message is not the issue, in fact it is totally irrelevant.

The rules are that NO messages are allowed under FIFA rules, therefore this is a clear breach of those rules.

Thats my point, arent we as bad after sending a message by allowing such an offer?

No you don't Speedy :thumbsup::P

Archived