rangers in trouble again

ASSASSIN

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MacDonald Jardine

truly disgusting if true, imo.

Is it?

It looks pretty similar to the tops Hearts are selling.

It may technically break the rules but it's hardly disgusting.

Is it?

It looks pretty similar to the tops Hearts are selling.

It may technically break the rules but it's hardly disgusting.

i threw up when i saw it. there was some blood in it.

i repeat. utterly disgusting.

The Real Maroonblood

Weir no surprise there.

The lobotomy he had is truly working.

He now fits in well with the scum.

right after they were up for sectarian singing aswell

they should give them a points deduction for next season and ban them from europe for 10 years

right after they were up for sectarian singing aswell

they should give them a points deduction for next season and ban them from europe for 10 years

I'd prefer if we banned them from Europe next year and gave them a points deduction for 10 years.

Italian Lambretta

I really don't see the difference between the message on a players shirt and that of a ceramic mug

hearts_crazy

Hardly crime of the century is it?

**** all to do with Football mind you, but then again most of what Rangers stand for has **** all to do with Football.

There's more serious stuff than daft messages on shirts they should get hammered for TBH.

portobellojambo1

I'm really not sure what it is that is causing the offence here to UEFA/FIFA, whoever. It isn't sectarian, it isn't bigoted, it isn't political, it is isn't a player promoting themselves. It is a simple message that has appeared on many different forms of souvenir over the last little while. Anyone that takes offence at that has an agenda of sorts.

How could they not have known though? Blaming the strip guy is a bit ludicrous is it not?

David Weir is well educated and I'm pretty sure he would have read the strip and had he any objections to it they would have had another as a replacement. They may be skint but the excuses are pathetic.

I'm not offended myself but when you think of the bother they are in currently, it was a stupid move to make.

Coburg Hearts

Words fail me. This thread HAS to be the biggest wind-up since Big Ben broke down.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Dinnae really give a ****, neither offends or impresses me... however, since it is that mingin' club... I hope they get slaughtered for it. :thumbsup:

I'm really not sure what it is that is causing the offence here to UEFA/FIFA, whoever. It isn't sectarian, it isn't bigoted, it isn't political, it is isn't a player promoting themselves. It is a simple message that has appeared on many different forms of souvenir over the last little while. Anyone that takes offence at that has an agenda of sorts.

Your completely missing the point.

Nobody said it was offensive.

A personal message breaches FIFA rules.

END

OF

STORY

It doesn't matter if it says GTSQ, FTP, Congrats or Hi Mum.

Your not allowed to do it. If they let one personal message slide, where does it end.

Rules broken. Simple as that.

Punishment please. :thumbsup:

hearts_crazy

Leaving aside for the moment the trivial nature of this non-story, hands up who actually believes that the kit guy embroidered (embroidered mind you) that message onto Davie Weir's top and that Davie Weir knew **** all about it. I mean seriously, is that the best they could come up with. Why do it in the first place when they know it will cause a storm in a teacup, ******* pricks the lot of them.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Must be a descendant of the Rangers kit-guy that refused to put Mo-Jo's kit out for him and used to leave it outside his hotel door instead... Did I not read that somewhere... Did I just make that up or dream it???

If true then perhaps Bain needs to turn his attention away from those pesky minority of fans and start coming down hard on the real sinister agents of the club... THE EVIL BIGOTTED KIT MEN! BOOO! :ninja:

Great stuff though eh? What a feckin joke of a country we must look like sometimes. :lol:

hearts_crazy

Must be a descendant of the Rangers kit-guy that refused to put Mo-Jo's kit out for him and used to leave it outside his hotel door instead... Did I not read that somewhere... Did I just make that up or dream it???

If true then perhaps Bain needs to turn his attention away from those pesky minority of fans and start coming down hard on the real sinister agents of the club... THE EVIL BIGOTTED KIT MEN! BOOO! :ninja:

Great stuff though eh? What a feckin joke of a country we must look like sometimes. :lol:

At Ibrox this is another word for majority

JamboRossi79

END

OF

STORY

Your not allowed to do it. If they let one personal message slide, where does it end.

This, I am glad someone else can read.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

At Ibrox this is another word for majority

I reckon there are a couple of thousand of them... All former kit-men hailing from Chelsea. :ninja:

jambojim1986

:vrface:

When will people learn on here they look like an absolute oil tanker posting just these pics as a reply? Seriously put some effort in or jog on.

When will people learn on here they look like an absolute oil tanker posting just these pics as a reply? Seriously put some effort in or jog on.

Deary me.

Like the huge effort you put in to yours??

I though post 20 had some decent elbow grease put in to it friend.

Guildford_Jambo

hardly a big deal!

what is so wrong with it? people who are offended need to lighten up

jambojim1986

Deary me.

Like the huge effort you put in to yours??

I though post 20 had some decent elbow grease put in to it friend.

I felt my post summed up the way I feel towards FIFA's law on the situation quite adequately. Whereas you were just trying to be a smart alec with your wee facepalm Vlad pic. Chuckled the first time I seen that, now it is rather overused by under educated forum members who can't think of any witty text but want to be noticed. Give it a rest, friend.

Isaac Clarke

I felt my post summed up the way I feel towards FIFA's law on the situation quite adequately. Whereas you were just trying to be a smart alec with your wee facepalm Vlad pic. Chuckled the first time I seen that, now it is rather overused by under educated forum members who can't think of any witty text but want to be noticed. Give it a rest, friend.

:vrface:

speedbump

Some folk find offence at the slightest thing, they are usually celtic minded folk though. Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

On this occasion I see no problem.

I do not believe for a second though that Weir was unaware of it.

portobellojambo1

END

OF

STORY

So the name of a company stuck on the front of a strip isn't classed as a personal message then. I take it that Tennants (the OF) and/or Wonga (HMFC) want their name on football strips to promote other companies, or is it a personal message, promoting them. Where does the definition of what is personal and what is not stop or start, what falls into such categories. Presumably putting something on your shirts which isn't linked to your sponsors, assuming sponsors personal messages are acceptable is classed as not acceptable (against the rules/offensive), therefore a club like Barcelona, for example, should never play in a strip with UNICEF emblazoned on it. When it comes to being trumpets, the SFA are a long way behind those in power at both UEFA and FIFA.. There is so much wrong with the game, so much wrong with the OF, and this is all they can pick up on, sad feckin shop fronts.

And I'm not missing the point, I know what the word offensive means, you have possibly assumed I meant this was reported by someone who is anti-royalist, the verb to offend has many definitions.

I'm pretty sure it is the same guy, a chap called Jimmy Bell. Looks a nice liberal chap...

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.rangers.co.uk/javaImages/4a/90/0,,5~5410890,00.png&imgrefurl=http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20090226/jimmy-bell_2255516_1571425&usg=__ol4tzzYdsH5hJ2o6WYTUso9lnc4=&h=347&w=479&sz=577&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=dCSnrR-6tsx7_M:&tbnh=133&tbnw=167&ei=Zwq9TeeXO4e48gONmoHFBg&prev=/search%3Fq%3DJimmy%2BBell%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D587%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=132&vpy=86&dur=641&hovh=133&hovw=184&tx=111&ty=82&page=1&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

Sten Guns

So the name of a company stuck on the front of a strip isn't classed as a personal message then. I take it that Tennants (the OF) and/or Wonga (HMFC) want their name on football strips to promote other companies, or is it a personal message, promoting them. Where does the definition of what is personal and what is not stop or start, what falls into such categories. Presumably putting something on your shirts which isn't linked to your sponsors, assuming sponsors personal messages are acceptable is classed as not acceptable (against the rules/offensive), therefore a club like Barcelona, for example, should never play in a strip with UNICEF emblazoned on it. When it comes to being trumpets, the SFA are a long way behind those in power at both UEFA and FIFA.. There is so much wrong with the game, so much wrong with the OF, and this is all they can pick up on, sad feckin shop fronts.

And I'm not missing the point, I know what the word offensive means, you have possibly assumed I meant this was reported by someone who is anti-royalist, the verb to offend has many definitions.

Are you really that stupid? Seriously? Probably not, but you would argue black was white on hear when it suits. Gets pretty boring. Your original post was complete drivel and nothing to do with the point in hand.

Nobody said it caused offence.

Nobody has an agenda.

It doesn't matter if the message appeared on souvenirs FFS.

Wakey wakey!!! Smell the coffee yet. Re read your post, it's complete rubbish and irrelevant.

You are not allowed a personal message on the strip. It's against the rules.

END OF STORY.

It doesn't matter what it says.

You getting this yet? Your first post clearly didn't. Your 2nd post, back tracks a little, yet waffles on about sponsorship. :vrface:

Who cares! That's another debate. Rangers broke the rules. Simple.

Some folk find offence at the slightest thing, they are usually celtic minded folk though. Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

So it'll be fine if the Celtic jerseys today have a wee embroidered message about the dead Pope being made a saint? No problem for you there then, nothing to be offended about?

Back on topic, there has to be none of this shite allowed on the jerseys ever, otherwise it'll get totally out of hand - every ned, nutter or pseudo-intellectual will have something different on their jersey. They should never have allowed sponsorship of the jerseys either IMO, looks crap and helps the rich clubs more than the poor ones.

speedbump

Yes Rangers broke the rules but who do you think grassed them up?

And on a slight tangent, do poppies count as personal, political messages on strips and are they in breach of said FIFA regulations?

Drylaw Hearts

Does having poppies embroidered on the strips break the rules also ?

IMA MAROON

The tims will be doing their usual and sending emails to UEFA to complain.

Prince Buaben

Okay so one player having this on his shirt broke the rules. Now if the whole team had them on their shirts similar to the ones Celtic have to remember the potato famine every year, now would that be acceptable?

Am I missing something? I was under the impression we had the exact same tribute on our shirts and currently have them for sale in our club shop.

bighusref

Am I missing something? I was under the impression we had the exact same tribute on our shirts and currently have them for sale in our club shop.

I don't know the rule myself, but I'd suggest it is down to the strip being worn during a match.

speedbump

Just read up a bit, clubs seek permission from the SPL/SFA for poppies. If David Weir had asked permission this wouldn't be an issue. He's guilty of nothing but not following the rules in my eyes.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Just read up a bit, clubs seek permission from the SPL/SFA for poppies. If David Weir had asked permission this wouldn't be an issue. He's guilty of nothing but not following the rules in my eyes.

That is amusing !

speedbump

That is amusing !

I mean in the context of just not knowing of them, it's hardly a hanging offence although one blog I read last night had him compared to the Shankill Butchers (slight embellishment on my part but you get the picture).

MacDonald Jardine

That is amusing !

It technically does break the rules but it's not unusual.

The same rule bans slogans on T shirts worn under the strip.

Off hand I remember Rudi having "for the boss" on a T shirt just after Burley left and a few players have had messages about their kids or family members who are ill.

I don't remember too many "disgusted" threads then.

davemclaren

Correct. Permission was obtained for the poppy shirts and Celtic's Famine shirt. This seems a pretty trivial thing but the kitman should get a rollicking.

Archived