19s today - Celtic away

Ross21

Halftime through at Lennoxtown, 0-0

Both teams have young sides out on a brilliant pitch but extremely windy!

Feruz of Celtic has been sent off after lashing out at a (fair) tackle! Seems a right wee pr1ck!

Team

Hamilton

Mullen McCormack Hamilton McHattie

Holt Tobin Smith

Morton King Paterson

Only 4 subs today, Fairley & 3 u17s

The small squad could indicate that one or two have been drafted into the first team. Wouldn't surprise me with all the casualties today.

Hearts of Vladland

The small squad could indicate that one or two have been drafted into the first team. Wouldn't surprise me with all the casualties today.

The U19 squad is pretty small so I would guess that other Robinson no one has been.

I wonder if Ogleby or/and Robinson will be on the bench the day for the first team.

Or does anyone know if Ogleby is away with the wales u21s?

no ogleby? Is he injured?

I think he was injured last week, did we mnot have two men stretchered off?

im sure that was prychynenko and kane that went off injured.

jamboinglasgow

Yeah but it was Prychnenko and Kane.

Ogelby hasn't travelled with the 1st team.... source; Twitter.

Is it still 0-0?

Who's twitter, on oglebys he mentions some game, but probably wales 21s if he's not in the first team

Finished 3-0 Hearts! Paterson got 2 & Holt got the other

Hearts dominated the game totally without too many chances until about 56 odd minutes when they scored. Fully deserved he win

Tobin was outstanding today, ran the game completely! Defines was good & Smith done well too!

Squad was badly depleted today cos

Denis, Kane (both who were there watching today), Murdoch & Walker are all injured

Robinson is with first team

Ogleby is away with Wales 19s

jamboinglasgow

Finished 3-0 Hearts! Paterson got 2 & Holt got the other

Hearts dominated the game totally without too many chances until about 56 odd minutes when they scored. Fully deserved he win

Tobin was outstanding today, ran the game completely! Defines was good & Smith done well too!

Squad was badly depleted today cos

Denis, Kane (both who were there watching today), Murdoch & Walker are all injured

Robinson is with first team

Ogleby is away with Wales 19s

very good way to end the season, I know its against a weakened Celtic team but great to defeat them.

Who's twitter, on oglebys he mentions some game, but probably wales 21s if he's not in the first team

He wished Mcgowan luck in the game and Mcgowan was on the bus with Templeton so it would be strange for Ogleby to wish someone luck if he's with them.

Great result for Hearts today!! Well done boys!

He wished Mcgowan luck in the game and Mcgowan was on the bus with Templeton so it would be strange for Ogleby to wish someone luck if he's with them.

Great result for Hearts today!! Well done boys!

Haha aye fair point. Well someone mentioned he's with the welsh 19s so that answers that.

Great result for the lads, is there a chance we can win the league btw?

I don't think Jason Holt scored either.........he's currently having lunch with the 1st team.

Source McGowan's twitter.

Coburg Hearts

Haha aye fair point. Well someone mentioned he's with the welsh 19s so that answers that.

Great result for the lads, is there a chance we can win the league btw?

Have Celtic not already won it?

dont think that is Jason Holt.

Just realised it's McGowan taking the piss out of Holt... Holts twitter states he was playing against celtic.

How far is it from Lennoxtown to Killie?

I'll be suprised if Holt doesn't feature in the first team before the end of the season.

Holt did score. Source...............his twitter.

That is him in that picture though.

Hearts of Vladland

That is him in that picture though.

If it is the picture wasn't taking today.

If it is the picture wasn't taking today.

How far is Lennoxtown from Killie? It would make sense for the 19s to link in with the rest of the squad for an important game, if not all then especially Holt as he seems to be one that is impressing, which would also explain why he's sitting at JJ's table.

Hearts of Vladland

How far is Lennoxtown from Killie? It would make sense for the 19s to link in with the rest of the squad for an important game, if not all then especially Holt as he seems to be one that is impressing, which would also explain why he's sitting at JJ's table.

Pretty far so there is no way he would have got there that quick.

Edit: An hour roughly according to the AA route planner.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I want a proper match-report complete with ripping the side for being shoite and Rangers references... Oh and maybe a case of mistaken identity involving postmen.

:)

Footballfirst

As Ross said earlier Hearts completely outplayed Celtic from start to finish, dominating the game, both in terms of possession and territory. Hearts made three enforced changes from the win against Rangers with Denis P and Chris Kane out injured and Rob Ogleby on international duty with Wales. Chris Tobin and Calum Paterson came into the midfield and Billy King played up front. "Wonderbhoy" Islam Feruz started for Celtic but it was to be a short appearence for the youngster as he was dismissed after 37 minutes after swinging an arm in the direction of Kevin McHattie,

Despite a strong crosswind Hearts quickly settled into their passing game with Tobin and Holt pulling the strings. Chances however were limited to long range efforts from Holt, Paterson and Morton, none of which really tested the keeper. On one rare attack by the home side Kevin McHattie made a good defensive header from a cross from the left. Celtic's Tony Watt was their only threat with his pace but was expertly handled by Colin Hamilton.

Islam Feruz had a difficult time as Kevin McHattie repeatedly got the better of him. His frustration showed firstly in an exchange of words with Darren Mulrray who told him to calm down. It had no effect as soon after he then upended McHattie with a wild lunge on the touchline on 21 minutes for which he was shown a yellow card. Things went from bad to worse when he lashed out an arm at Kevin McHattie and received a shown a straight red card on 37 minutes.

The second half saw Paterson and Morton swap flanks but the play continued as before with Hearts creating half chances, while Celtic sat in, hoping to hit on the break. Jordan Morton might have done better with a shot from the edge of the box as Fraser Mullen put in a good cross in 46 minutes. Celtic created their first real chance of the game in 55 minuted with a free kick on the right was headed back across goal but the ball was hooked clear by the Hearts defence. Morton and Paterson both had decent efforts at goal that went wide before Tony Watt created a good opening for himself on 61 minutes after beating Mullen and McCormack out wide and cut inside, but shot went just wide of the target.

The opening goal came on 70 minutes immediately after a switch by Darren Murray that saw Dave Smith move to the right flank and Calum Paterson move inside to a striker's role. It was those two who were to combine for the goal. Chris Tobin fed Dave Smith on the right and he got the better of the full back before crossing low for Calum Paterson to side-foot home from 6 yards. It was no more than Hearts deserved.

Celtic had one opportunity to level the scores but an angled shot from Watt was tipped round the post by Jack Hamilton in the Hearts goal.

With three minutes left Hearts doubled their lead after a low cross come shot from Dave Smith was met by Jason Holt ghosting in at the back post to tap in from three yards. In 89 minutes Hearts went 3-0 up after a Chris Tobin header found its way through a static Celtic defence to Calum Paterson who slotted the ball past Robbie Thomson in the Celtic goal from 16 yards.

Hearts fully deserved the victory today and it was a scoreline that didn't flatter them in any way aaginst the league and cup winners. It was heartening that the win was achieved with 8 of the 11 players still being eligible to play again at U19 next season.

Man of the match was Chris Tobin who controlled the tempo of the game throughout with his accurate passing and neat turns into space.

The win was Hearts eighth in a row and left then agonisingly only 2 points adrift of Celtic at the top of the table.

All in all it has been an excellent season for the U19s and they can look forward to similar success or better next season.

As Ross said earlier Hearts completely outplayed Celtic from start to finish, dominating the game, both in terms of possession and territory. Hearts made three enforced changes from the win against Rangers with Denis P and Chris Kane out injured and Rob Ogleby on international duty with Wales. Chris Tobin and Calum Paterson came into the midfield and Billy King played up front. "Wonderbhoy" Islam Feruz started for Celtic but it was to be a short appearence for the youngster as he was dismissed after 37 minutes after swinging an arm in the direction of Kevin McHattie,

Despite a strong crosswind Hearts quickly settled into their passing game with Tobin and Holt pulling the strings. Chances however were limited to long range efforts from Holt, Paterson and Morton, none of which really tested the keeper. On one rare attack by the home side Kevin McHattie made a good defensive header from a cross from the left. Celtic's Tony Watt was their only threat with his pace but was expertly handled by Colin Hamilton.

Islam Feruz had a difficult time as Kevin McHattie repeatedly got the better of him. His frustration showed firstly in an exchange of words with Darren Mulrray who told him to calm down. It had no effect as soon after he then upended McHattie with a wild lunge on the touchline on 21 minutes for which he was shown a yellow card. Things went from bad to worse when he lashed out an arm at Kevin McHattie and received a shown a straight red card on 37 minutes.

The second half saw Paterson and Morton swap flanks but the play continued as before with Hearts creating half chances, while Celtic sat in, hoping to hit on the break. Jordan Morton might have done better with a shot from the edge of the box as Fraser Mullen put in a good cross in 46 minutes. Celtic created their first real chance of the game in 55 minuted with a free kick on the right was headed back across goal but the ball was hooked clear by the Hearts defence. Morton and Paterson both had decent efforts at goal that went wide before Tony Watt created a good opening for himself on 61 minutes after beating Mullen and McCormack out wide and cut inside, but shot went just wide of the target.

The opening goal came on 70 minutes immediately after a switch by Darren Murray that saw Dave Smith move to the right flank and Calum Paterson move inside to a striker's role. It was those two who were to combine for the goal. Chris Tobin fed Dave Smith on the right and he got the better of the full back before crossing low for Calum Paterson to side-foot home from 6 yards. It was no more than Hearts deserved.

Celtic had one opportunity to level the scores but an angled shot from Watt was tipped round the post by Jack Hamilton in the Hearts goal.

With three minutes left Hearts doubled their lead after a low cross come shot from Dave Smith was met by Jason Holt ghosting in at the back post to tap in from three yards. In 89 minutes Hearts went 3-0 up after a Chris Tobin header found its way through a static Celtic defence to Calum Paterson who slotted the ball past Robbie Thomson in the Celtic goal from 16 yards.

Hearts fully deserved the victory today and it was a scoreline that didn't flatter them in any way aaginst the league and cup winners. It was heartening that the win was achieved with 8 of the 11 players still being eligible to play again at U19 next season.

Man of the match was Chris Tobin who controlled the tempo of the game throughout with his accurate passing and neat turns into space.

The win was Hearts eighth in a row and left then agonisingly only 2 points adrift of Celtic at the top of the table.

All in all it has been an excellent season for the U19s and they can look forward to similar success or better next season.

It's always good to hear about our upcoming youths and HEARTening to know that that the nucleus of that team will play next season.

Can I thank you FF for the many informative updates and match reports during the season, not forgetting others who have contributed in this respect.

do you know what the table looks like now?

do you know what the table looks like now?

Hearts finished 2 points behind Celtic & at least 7 ahead of Rangers

speedbump

A good season for the laddies. Well done Darren Murray for helping shape the stars of the future.

Footballfirst

So what's happened to the Lochend conveyor belt?

They had a young team who improved a bit as the season progressed. I actually expect them to be stronger next season, but still in the shadow of the big team's young 'uns.

Hibs U19s won the double 2 years ago (I think) yet I can only think of Booth that has made the step up.

Hopefully we get 1 or 2 gems from this crop.

bighusref

Hibs U19s won the double 2 years ago (I think) yet I can only think of Booth that has made the step up.

I'd guess at Wotherspoon but am not sure on his age.

Oh, and Kurtis Byrne, their new top striker. :)

1874robbo

They had a young team who improved a bit as the season progressed. I actually expect them to be stronger next season, but still in the shadow of the big team's young 'uns.

Brilliant reporting all season mate.

I always look forward to reading your reports,looking at the final table and the results from all games,how much has that 7-0 defeat to Hamilton hurt us!!!

What was the reason for a scoreline like that against a 2nd bottom team? Injuries?

jamboinglasgow

there are 3, Wotherspoon, Hanlon and Booth. Which to be fair to them is a good return for a team. Though I do think Hanlon has been underused by Hibs as they have tried to use him as a centre back instead of what I feel he is best at which is left back.

Footballfirst

Brilliant reporting all season mate.

I always look forward to reading your reports,looking at the final table and the results from all games,how much has that 7-0 defeat to Hamilton hurt us!!!

What was the reason for a scoreline like that against a 2nd bottom team? Injuries?

It was a freak result. Hamilton were actually a good footballing side earlier in the season whose results didn't match their play. I had seen them play a couple of times before that game and warned Darren Murray about them. Everything they hit that day found the back of the net. Hearts probably had the same no of shots but couldn't hit the target. Hamilton went on to beat Rangers 3-1 the following week and had a series of good results after that, but their form suffered latterly because a number of players were called up to the Accies first team or put out on loan.

The key events/games were a missed penaly in the first game against Celtic that we lost 1-0, a loss aginst the then bottom side Kilmarnock 3-2 (visions of the Hamilton game when we were 3-0 down at HT) and a goal less draw against Dundee Utd. In the latter two games we totally dominated the play. Injuries to Jamie Walker and to Scott Robinson didn't help either.

Certainly an opportunity missed though.

there are 3, Wotherspoon, Hanlon and Booth. Which to be fair to them is a good return for a team. Though I do think Hanlon has been underused by Hibs as they have tried to use him as a centre back instead of what I feel he is best at which is left back.

I am sure Hanlon was already playing for the 1st team?

jamboinglasgow

I am sure Hanlon was already playing for the 1st team?

Your right he was, though he was loaned out to St Johnstone for half the season in the season that Hibs won the youth double.

Archived