**** Official Matchday Fred ****

Everybody loves Baz

Still just your opinion whether you are an ardent fan or not mate, same with me, doesn`t mean my opinion is right. But im sorry, you are trotting out the usual "we have been poor line" just because we haven`t won. Im not saying we have been great, but what team in the SPL playes great ALL the time?

Football is all about battling on as much as playing well and one thing you can`t guarantee is your team playing flowing football all the time. But commitment is something more likely to happen more often.

I thought Hearts played well last week. While you have to judge it over 90 minutes, we were good for a decent spell until our collapse in which we still created and got forward.

Against Hibs we started well and played well until Zals defensive blunder. I don`t know what more you are expecting from a team straining at the seams with injuries to players off the field and ones who are playing? We all know we are far from the finished article too.

Again, how can you say United have left it late? FFS, talk about taking the kudos away from your team? The league table is the league table, simple as that. Results count at any stage in the season and are the building blocks to the final total.

This is what Le Chat spoke about in a thread earlier this week. Some fans can`t help themselves but look at the negatives.

I don't think I'm being negative in the slightest... we have had a terrific season but our recent run of form has been poor... Just because we haven't lost doesn't mean we are doing well.

All teams have injuries and suspensions and to key players too! Our problem is that from being so far ahead of the pack before we have seen our lead fall away to a point where the nerves have taken hold. Five draws in a row against lesser opposition shows the teams form has dipped and there is an inability to raise their game to get us over the final hurdle. At a time when they should be playing for Europe, a new contract, a move whatever...

Maybe they are tired, jaded or injured or whatever but they are going to feel a lot worse if they take no points out of the last three games... and based on the recent run of form it doesn't look good.

We have a big squad, a huge wage bill by spl standards (outwith OF) and we should be third at least IMO. It just seems that without that great run mid season there'd be a lot of unhappy jambos right now... and the thing is we did that without key players too!

What's changed?!

I'll be glad when the race for third is over and I firmly believe we'll be going to Europe.

All I have done is question why our form has been so poor recently?

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I'm being negative in the slightest... we have had a terrific season but our recent run of form has been poor... Just because we haven't lost doesn't mean we are doing well.

All teams have injuries and suspensions and to key players too! Our problem is that from being so far ahead of the pack before we have seen our lead fall away to a point where the nerves have taken hold. Five draws in a row against lesser opposition shows the teams form has dipped and there is an inability to raise their game to get us over the final hurdle. At a time when they should be playing for Europe, a new contract, a move whatever...

Maybe they are tired, jaded or injured or whatever but they are going to feel a lot worse if they take no points out of the last three games... and based on the recent run of form it doesn't look good.

We have a big squad, a huge wage bill by spl standards (outwith OF) and we should be third at least IMO. It just seems that without that great run mid season there'd be a lot of unhappy jambos right now... and the thing is we did that without key players too!

What's changed?!

I'll be glad when the race for third is over and I firmly believe we'll be going to Europe.

All I have done is question why our form has been so poor recently?

It always gets mentioned we have a big squad and the biggest wage bill outside the OF but it means nothing because is the depth in quality good enough? I don`t think so. We have a decent nucleus of say, 15, 16 outfield players and they`ve done well to get us to this stage. But some fans are in this wee world of saying "but we`ve got a big squad"....its quality you have to look at.

Yes, i`d have liked to have seen us win recently but at least we haven`t lost and this has still enabled us to keep Utd at arms length. It has been infuriating to throw away full points so late in the last two games but they jst have to get on with it and look to the next game. If the we keep fighting and looking to do our best we`ll get there.

KillieMitch

Wonder what you guys think, but for me that list makes a mockery of the split:

3 pts out of 9 against Celtic

3 pts out of 9 against Rangers

4 pts out of 12 against Kilmarnock

5 pts out of 12 against Motherwell

4 pts out of 9 against Dundee Utd

That means that without a split you would, statistically, probably in third place far more comfortably - and quite rightly too. It worked the opposite way for us last season, our record against the top teams was really good but in the split we were bottom six and struggled to pick up points.

Wonder what you guys think, but for me that list makes a mockery of the split:

3 pts out of 9 against Celtic

3 pts out of 9 against Rangers

4 pts out of 12 against Kilmarnock

5 pts out of 12 against Motherwell

4 pts out of 9 against Dundee Utd

That means that without a split you would, statistically, probably in third place far more comfortably - and quite rightly too. It worked the opposite way for us last season, our record against the top teams was really good but in the split we were bottom six and struggled to pick up points.

The fact is mate, 3 points is 3 points against the Old Firm or anyone else. Yes, we can all moan about our own teams record against a certain club and want an improvement, but you`ve hit nail on head. You`ve got to get general good results not just against certain opposition.

The gripe we(or i) have is not winning key games sometimes that can turn your season or keep it on track for a certain target. And those key games have really been against the OF which everyone moans about all the time on here.

Overall though i`ve been pleased we`ve returned to winning against teams(no disrespect to them)who we should be defeating, home and away. We were a bit lke yourselves in past seasons were we`d get a good result v the Old Firm then ****** up v the poorer sides soon after.

To me, good seasons are built on taking care of the rest then dealing best you can with the Old Firm when the time comes and in recent years our results have improved v them compared to years gone by.

Archived