Rat boy on free from hubs (Merged Threads)

david mcgee

Interesting that Kurtis Byrne is on his way out -thought he was going to be the next "superstar" to emerge from the "conveyor belt of talent". Looks like that lie has finally come to an end.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest C00l K1d

Derek Riordan has a sell on value of absolutely zero, as he is finished. If he had a sell on value Hibs would have cashed in on that value, but they are kicking him out for nothing.

During his first spell at Hibs Riordan did very well for them, but after leaving and since returning he has done nothing of note, at least not on the park. He has successfully ruined his own career, through his manner and those he has chosen to continue to associate with, schemie neds. You can take someone out of somewhere like Pilton/Drylaw, but you cannot take Pilton/Drylaw out of that someone.

He has wasted a talent that he undoubtedly had and will now end up on the scrapheap, I'd like to say I feel sorry for him, but I don't. He's got what he deserves.

<_<

gorgie_rebel

TBH it's well overdue that Hibs had a clearout of the pish in the squad (ratboy included) They were overflowing with garbage players.

Just hope that Lolderwood makes an erse of the transfer fund in the summer and fills the place up with more glorious underachievers on big contracts :thumbsup:

A dickhead like Riordan ever playing in Gorgie will make me give up forever.

Can you ever imagine JJ (Gary Locke :lol: ) entertaining this gigantic fud of a man?

:keys:

I've heard Livingston are in the mix. No idea if true but that would be funny. :laugh:

Funny, but not a terrible move for him. Can't see them falling from the first for a while and they'll be pushing for the SPL in a couple of years.

Funny, but not a terrible move for him. Can't see them falling from the first for a while and they'll be pushing for the SPL in a couple of years.

I don't mind Livi in fairness. As you say it actually makes sense. Plus he wouldn't need to move away from his wee comfort zone.

Still I was more thinking along the lines of the self styled hibbee legend playing lower division fitbaw infront of live nae fans!

I don't mind Livi in fairness. As you say it actually makes sense. Plus he wouldn't need to move away from his wee comfort zone.

Still I was more thinking along the lines of the self styled hibbee legend playing lower division fitbaw infront of live nae fans!

He'll be used to that.

28 years old!

I'll say that again, 28 years old!

He looks like a player in the last stages of a long career, not a player who should be in the best years of it. He won't be playing into his 30's for sure, and if he is it will be as a jokelike Chic Charnley character managing a short spell at different clubs as he slides down the leagues.

He'll end up at some shite like Notts County or something.

A step up from the vermin then.

southside1874

It would be impossible for the guy to live whatever life he lives if he signed for Hearts. I would imagine Vlad willing to offer him something just for the sake of the torment it would cause him and the embarrassment it would show Hibs. The guy needs everything around him to be working his way to bring out the best in him. His influences on Hibs are probably worth loaning him back to them :lol:

southside1874

He'll end up at some shite like Notts County or something.

A step up from the vermin then.

Not got the balls to leave his home comforts :thumbsup:

Only a Game

In a purely footballing sense, he's clearly underachieved. By that I mean he is far better than what he has shown to be since he went back to Hibs.

On a personal level. From what I hear he's calmed down a lot since becoming a dad. He's also got a really nice girlfriend from what you'd probably call "the other side of the tracks from him" Coincidentally he hasnt kicked a ball since then either.

On a Hearts level, he'd never be an acceptable signing to the vast majority and if he was signed he'd have to score one hell of a lot of goals over a lengthy period to gain any kind of acceptance.

Overall. If he wasnt Riordan but had Riordans talent, we'd be champin at the bit to sign him. He'll probably be the best pound for pound SPL player available this summer. Unfortunately he is Riordan and, for the sake of fans collective blood pressure we should probably leave well alone, although I'd probably be the only one on here not greetin ma face off if we did sign him.

davemclaren

In a purely footballing sense, he's clearly underachieved. By that I mean he is far better than what he has shown to be since he went back to Hibs.

On a personal level. From what I hear he's calmed down a lot since becoming a dad. He's also got a really nice girlfriend from what you'd probably call "the other side of the tracks from him" Coincidentally he hasnt kicked a ball since then either.

On a Hearts level, he'd never be an acceptable signing to the vast majority and if he was signed he'd have to score one hell of a lot of goals over a lengthy period to gain any kind of acceptance.

Overall. If he wasnt Riordan but had Riordans talent, we'd be champin at the bit to sign him. He'll probably be the best pound for pound SPL player available this summer. Unfortunately he is Riordan and, for the sake of fans collective blood pressure we should probably leave well alone, although I'd probably be the only one on here not greetin ma face off if we did sign him.

When this came up as he was leaving Celtic I was one of the few who would have been happy to have him if possible. Sadly, it looks like he's a talent wasted so we should be grateful he wasn't our talent.

southside1874

I think he is working his way to JJ's door as we speak. Obviously annoyed at Hibs and there logic that building a new stand is worth more than paying players a decent wage. I'm not sure I would have much faith in Petries logic either.

Only a Game

When this came up as he was leaving Celtic I was one of the few who would have been happy to have him if possible. Sadly, it looks like he's a talent wasted so we should be grateful he wasn't our talent.

I think the quote at the time from Hearts was along the lines of "The other party was not sufficiently committed to signing for Hearts and the deal has not been progressed"

To me that confirms we spoke to him or his agent and he knocked it back, probably mostly because he knew that Hibs were in for him. Its a different scenario now but knocking us back once before would, to me, make it highly unlikely that we'd even ask again.

I still think he's salvageable as a footballer, but if there's one signing you can think of that wouldnt be acceptable to the broad spectrum of the Hearts support, then its him. And for the reasons of the angst it would cause, we shouldnt touch it. IMO. It would dwarf the Webster comeback in terms of greetin faces.

Only a Game

I think he is working his way to JJ's door as we speak. Obviously annoyed at Hibs and there logic that building a new stand is worth more than paying players a decent wage. I'm not sure I would have much faith in Petries logic either.

When their best player, IMO, doesnt even get an offer to renew, especially when they are toiling for quality, you have to wonder why. I used to know him in passing, and certainly in those days, he didnt have the required pysche to handle a move to Hearts. (I last spoke to him just before he left Celtic) For his own comfort, unless he's undergone dramatic change, he'll have to be at a club where he's considered to be one of the best players. That rules us out.

I think he will end up at one of the following three clubs

Motherwell

Dundee Utd

Aberdeen (the favourites IMO)

I cant say i would stop going, but i would have to have a serious think about if i could stomach watching us with him in the team....would be tough.

Thankfully will never ever happen.

hearts_crazy

He may have had the talent before he was ruined by the Celtic bench, he has completely lost it now, and even the most ardent Hobo would agree. I for one don't ever want to see him in maroon and white unless it's an LRT bus.

He may have had the talent before he was ruined by the Celtic bench, he has completely lost it now, and even the most ardent Hobo would agree. I for one don't ever want to see him in maroon and white unless it's an LRT bus.

Under the bus would be better!!

Drylaw Hearts

I don't think he lost he's his ability or talent.

He has scored some cracking goals this season - the one at parkhead was exceptional. We don't have a single striker capable of scoring the goals he can.

However...

IMO - he has lost a yard or 2 pace, he looks as though he's lost the will to play for Hibs and this season's awful showing has affected him more than anybody.

I have no idea what's in store for him next but I think he'll get the chance to play in The Championship and he'd be a mug not to take it.

Only a Game

He hasnt completely lost it. He's still their best player IMO and he's still a decent finisher.

I think he suffered because 1. He never really got a chance at Celtic because WGS didnt like him personally and 2. He went back to a Hibs team that much was poorer than the one he left.

I reckon he'd still do a job in our team.In fact he'd fit into our side like a glove. I'm not about to start campaigning for us to sign him or anything like that. It just wouldnt bother me like it would bother some other people who seem to be intimately aquainted with the fine detail of his current personal life.

I doubt very much that he would seriously consider it.

I doubt very much that we would consider it.

Coburg Hearts

Anyone who thinks ratboy would give 100% for Hearts is off their rocker.

Boomstick

Oh, if he moves to crystal palace I can imagine a poster whop was at the sponsors night not being to impressed...

When their best player, IMO, doesnt even get an offer to renew, especially when they are toiling for quality, you have to wonder why. I used to know him in passing, and certainly in those days, he didnt have the required pysche to handle a move to Hearts. (I last spoke to him just before he left Celtic) For his own comfort, unless he's undergone dramatic change, he'll have to be at a club where he's considered to be one of the best players. That rules us out.

I think he will end up at one of the following three clubs

Motherwell

Dundee Utd

Aberdeen (the favourites IMO)

If he were to go to either, even on the wages the Hobos made to him, he would still be their highest earners.

Very sorry if this has been posted before but glad to see the back of him, really really hate the wee dick further away he goes the better!! :).... crystal palace or america reports bbc....

BBC Report

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Very sorry if this has been posted before but glad to see the back of him, really really hate the wee dick further away he goes the better!! :).... crystal palace or america reports bbc....

BBC Report

Obscurity awaits... oh wait a mo'... he's leaving obscurity... What's further away than obscurity? :ermm:

Sheiky Baby

Obscurity awaits... oh wait a mo'... he's leaving obscurity... What's further away than obscurity? :ermm:

More obscure than Hibs? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

136336main_image1_350.jpg?

SanliHearts

So long ratboy. Think I speak for every Jambo when I say you won't be missed!! :rat:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

More obscure than Hibs? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

136336main_image1_350.jpg?

Here he is first day of training...

TN92230_clanger.jpg

:lol: 'Least he'll have plenty of cheese.

Victorian

changing his mind and staying at hibs?

If he signs for the Dynamo, I'm straight round to Wal-Mart...

Craigieboy
Riordan is also wanted by Major League Soccer outfit Houston Dynamo, who made an approach for him in March.

:unsure:

:rofl:

Van Wilder

:unsure:

:rofl:

Joining greats such as Paul Dalgleish in the Dynamo team.

Goldstone Wonder

Oh, if he moves to crystal palace I can imagine a poster whop was at the sponsors night not being to impressed...

I would LOVE it if he went to Chrystal Phallus. They're made for each other.

The bright lights of London.

He will be out of his tree most nights until the bars find out about him.

Palace are in for a shock if they dont know about his life style.

He will have to take his pack of pub hingers on with him too for company.

While Houston are one of the better teams, the standard of the MLS is indeed shite. Oddly enough, Houston's stand out player is also a left-sided attacker. I'm sure Riordan would do well on the pitch, if he could handle the heat and actually applied himself.

Off the pitch, he'd last about five minutes if he started strutting around the boozers with his entourage.

Byraway, Paul Dalglish last played for Houston in 2007, and last was an assistant coach for them in 2009.

Byraway, Paul Dalglish last played for Houston in 2007, and last was an assistant coach for them in 2009.

Yeah, he was doing the Sunday League rounds in Houston over the last couple of years. Think he is now back as a youth coach.

Seymour M Hersh

How did ratboy win the goal of the season? Was an okay goal but nothing overly special.

Drylaw Hearts

How did ratboy win the goal of the season? Was an okay goal but nothing overly special.

It was a cracking goal.

Not many in the SPL could have scored a goal like that imo.

Seymour M Hersh

It was a cracking goal.

Not many in the SPL could have scored a goal like that imo.

Ratboy is a hibs player.

Seymour M Hersh

Eh.........I am aware of that.

It was just in case you wanted to take your normal opposite view to mine. :thumbsup:

Drylaw Hearts

It was just in case you wanted to take your normal opposite view to mine. :thumbsup:

Post #71 on this very thread shows you have taken the opposite view to mine.

:thumbsup:

Seymour M Hersh

Post #71 on this very thread shows you have taken the opposite view to mine.

:thumbsup:

Didn't read it. Oh and woosh.

Archived