Rat boy on free from hubs (Merged Threads)

david mcgee

david mcgee

Apparently the deal they offered him was much reduced from his current deal.

Del boy said it was " derogra.., derogri...deriogr...derizer, de.. keek.

" not enough to fix mu teeth "

He said, " mu agent has had interest from a team called Saughton, but its difficult to break into the team, they hope to pair me up again with Gary OConnor.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldnt dedicate any more of your time with him. When he leaves Hibs it will be the last time you hear of him, football wise :-)

southside1874

He said, " mu agent has had interest from a team called Saughton, but its difficult to break into the team, they hope to pair me up again with Gary OConnor.

he was on massive wages compared to the rest at Hibs. He wont take reduced terms lightly but will probably have to accept them. His input will be reduced and his contribution to team affairs more destructive. How many feet have the hobos left to shoot??/

craigie jambo

could do a job for us :whistling:

Yep, someone has to sweep the place after each game

B)

the thing is, in the right team that actually tries to play football he could find the clinical finishing that had been absent for the past 6+ months.

comradejambo

Riorden has always had talent. However, his dreadful attitude and manner, not to mention the neddish behaviour, has prevented him from being the good footballer he threatened to be at an earlier stage. As a Scotland fan, it is dissapointing that his talent had not gone to someone with a better attitude. Its not like we have been blessed with strikers in this country. If he had moved South in his late teens I believe he may have done better for himself. Its reflective of him that he is still languishing at a second rate club and going nowhere in football terms!

The Old Tolbooth

could do a job for us :whistling:

:boak:

I'd hate it if that horrible little excuse for a human being pulled on the famous maroon, god I feel sick! I'd rather Zander Diamond signed for us.................oh, wait :unsure:

He will probably do best outside of scotland, at an English Championship or League One team, he cant play against Hearts for hating us so much, he cant play for the wee team or the vicTims as he swaggers about the place thinking he is Billy big balls, maybe a move down south where he is less known and the fans down there will only judge him for what he does on the park will do him good.

Gonna miss the abuse we give him at derbys and the way he self destructs any time Rudi is near him

craigie jambo

Riorden has always had talent. However, his dreadful attitude and manner, not to mention the neddish behaviour, has prevented him from being the good footballer he threatened to be at an earlier stage. As a Scotland fan, it is dissapointing that his talent had not gone to someone with a better attitude. Its not like we have been blessed with strikers in this country. If he had moved South in his late teens I believe he may have done better for himself. Its reflective of him that he is still languishing at a second rate club and going nowhere in football terms!

He does not have the brain power for this

:rolleyes:

Wouldn't supprise me if vlad did go for him either as a noise up or for sell on value.

Sell on value? He's 28 and firing from the outside of the box out for throw ins! He'd need at least 1 good full season playing well and scoring regularly, right the way through, before any club came with an offer and I don't think he has it in him.

That's completely disregarding the fact that he's disruptive and responsible for bad feeling in the dressing room.

I'd be ******* livid if we went for him. I can't put into words just how much it would sicken me.

Worth a punt?

Aye, clean in the ******* throat.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

He has caused mayhem in the **** dressing room.

I hope they come to a deal and he stays put.

Sell on value? He's 28 and firing from the outside of the box out for throw ins! He'd need at least 1 good full season playing well and scoring regularly, right the way through, before any club came with an offer and I don't think he has it in him.

That's completely disregarding the fact that he's disruptive and responsible for bad feeling in the dressing room.

I'd bea ******* livid if we went for him. I can't put into words just how much it would sicken me.

Not saying I would like it but did vlad not ask about him b4 he went back to the san giro?

jambojim1986

Was there not noise of us going for him when he left Celtic? Made me sick at the time I'm sure it was just paper talk. Between him and Murray they have to be two of the biggest failures from that side of the toon.

Captain Lithuania

It would be excellent if we signed him. Promise of European football, and first team action..

Only to leave him rotting on the bench, or even better.. in the stand. Would not be a waste of wages at all. :thumbsup:

Would greet if we signed him. Imagine him and Rudi in the same dressing room....

Not saying I would like it but did vlad not ask about him b4 he went back to the san giro?

According to wiki, aye, I don't know though. It shows a lack of ambition.

Like, I grew up in Inverness, moving back there would seem like a step backwards, it's a nice place and I'll always love the city but I just couldn't move back and see those same faces asking, "didn't you go away?"

According to wiki, aye, I don't know though. It shows a lack of ambition.

Like, I grew up in Inverness, moving back there would seem like a step backwards, it's a nice place and I'll always love the city but I just couldn't move back and see those same faces asking, "didn't you go away?"

I cringe at the thought of him in gorgie boomstick....just like when we all thought the same about webster?strange things can happen!

I cringe at the thought of him in gorgie boomstick....just like when we all thought the same about webster?strange things can happen!

As much as I'm not a massive fan of Webster the man (although he was perfectly pleasant last night) as a player he's quality.

Can anyone honestly say that about Riordan right now?

Also, Webster did something terrible to our club but Riordan is different.

He's hibs incarnate. Hearts can't sign hibs incarnate, right?

Won't happen anyway.

As much as I'm not a massive fan of Webster the man (although he was perfectly pleasant last night) as a player he's quality.

Can anyone honestly say that about Riordan right now?

Also, Webster did something terrible to our club but Riordan is different.

He's hibs incarnate. Hearts can't sign hibs incarnate, right?

Won't happen anyway.

Correct

Coburg Hearts

I'd be ******* livid if we went for him. I can't put into words just how much it would sicken me.

That would be the straw that broke this camel's back.:down:

That would be the straw that broke this camel's back.:down:

To be fair, for all the likelihood of it happening we may as well be discussing signing Ian Huntly and Fred West as full backs.

If - God forbid - this washed up ned ever has a career at Hearts I'll be taking a break from football that last exactly as long as his career at Hearts.

Harry Palmer

he'll end up pulling pints in the ferryboat or the gunner.

Winnie is bang on the Wonga again. :thumbsup:

Murray and The Rat both away....

Gutted. :(

Winnie is bang on the Wonga again. :thumbsup:

Murray and The Rat both away....

Gutted. :(

Is murray getting shown the door aswell???YA,DANCER :woot:

Is murray getting shown the door aswell???YA,DANCER :woot:

I could have told you that ages ago mate. They have not been offered contracts at all, not even on reduced terms.

I could have told you that ages ago mate. They have not been offered contracts at all, not even on reduced terms.

First for me Mr Bump...made my day that!

portobellojambo1

Wouldn't supprise me if vlad did go for him either as a noise up or for sell on value.

Derek Riordan has a sell on value of absolutely zero, as he is finished. If he had a sell on value Hibs would have cashed in on that value, but they are kicking him out for nothing.

During his first spell at Hibs Riordan did very well for them, but after leaving and since returning he has done nothing of note, at least not on the park. He has successfully ruined his own career, through his manner and those he has chosen to continue to associate with, schemie neds. You can take someone out of somewhere like Pilton/Drylaw, but you cannot take Pilton/Drylaw out of that someone.

He has wasted a talent that he undoubtedly had and will now end up on the scrapheap, I'd like to say I feel sorry for him, but I don't. He's got what he deserves.

Drylaw Hearts

Derek Riordan has a sell on value of absolutely zero, as he is finished. If he had a sell on value Hibs would have cashed in on that value, but they are kicking him out for nothing.

During his first spell at Hibs Riordan did very well for them, but after leaving and since returning he has done nothing of note, at least not on the park. He has successfully ruined his own career, through his manner and those he has chosen to continue to associate with, schemie neds. You can take someone out of somewhere like Pilton/Drylaw, but you cannot take Pilton/Drylaw out of that someone.

He has wasted a talent that he undoubtedly had and will now end up on the scrapheap, I'd like to say I feel sorry for him, but I don't. He's got what he deserves.

:down:

Drylaw Hearts

:lol:

Scaff.

Sunny Drylaw......

Nicely situated between Craigleith, Blackhall, Barnton and Silverknowes.

;)

D'Mains.............you're one of our near neighbours :lol:

I have actually seen derek riordan come out of the laundrette on the corner of Main Street and Quality Street.

Presssssssssssssley as well.

Drylaw Hearts

I have actually seen derek riordan come out of the laundrette on the corner of Main Street and Quality Street.

Getting his suit dry cleaned for yet another appearance in court no doubt.

winston churchill

Sunny Drylaw......

Nicely situated between Craigleith, Blackhall, Barnton and Silverknowes.

;)

Pilton,muirhouse and telford more like ;)

joe.gausden

Pilton,muirhouse and telford more like ;)

WC you realise that Pilton & Drylaw are just East Silverknowes don't you :whistling:

He'll not play for anyone bigger than Hibs... and they're a wee pishy outfit. If he stays in Scotland he'll probably play for..... Motherwell, Dundee Utd or Aberdeen, not good enough for Hearts or the oldfirm, not even good enough for Hibs and that's saying something. The rest are pishy wee teams he'll likely not want to bother with.

If Utd sell Goodwillie (to Rangers probably) my money would be on them.

Dunfermline or Raith for him next season, depending on who gets promoted. Can still go out with his mates and make a ****** of himself as usual.

Can't see him moving out west again and no one else will take him.

My mate was telling me she saw him in some new bar or restaurant or whatever it was. Forgot the name. And he was totally reekin, he pissed all over the kitchen floor and in a hallway.

My mate is a die hard hobo so I don't think she would make this up.

I do not want scums like that in my club!!!!!!

I read the article you linked, what I cannot understand in Scottish newspapers is the constant description of players as stars. Surely if these individuals are stars they would not be being released, their team would not be floundering in the bottom six, and they would not have just narrowly missed relegation. Are "stars" in Scottish football so plentiful that a team can dump ten of them for absolutely nothing.

Would it not be more fair to everyone including the players to describe them as say journeymen players, to say they are average hardworking professionals who make up for their lack of talent with effort. Even that in some of the cases is a stretch, but better than star or legend

There was a time when Derek Riordan was a skillful attacker with a promising future, at that time, I'd have given him a chance at Hearts. The issue with Riordan, IMO, is he was never able to leave his neddy mates and lifestyle. His attitude, again IMO, is all wrong. He is also all washed up and not many teams will be knocking on his door with a contract offer in hand.

Quality snobbery from PJ1 earlier in this thread, btw.

I read the article you linked, what I cannot understand in Scottish newspapers is the constant description of players as stars. Surely if these individuals are stars they would not be being released, their team would not be floundering in the bottom six, and they would not have just narrowly missed relegation. Are "stars" in Scottish football so plentiful that a team can dump ten of them for absolutely nothing.

Would it not be more fair to everyone including the players to describe them as say journeymen players, to say they are average hardworking professionals who make up for their lack of talent with effort. Even that in some of the cases is a stretch, but better than star or legend

There is a link also on the page for Hamilton Accies star Sean Murdoch, i see what you mean...

asomerville

Understand Gary O'Connor will be back Easter Rd next season as he has been an arse in England, so he is now back at Prestonpans with his tail between his legs.

Archived