Good Marketing or a bit too far

bavariajambo

Jambof3tornado

Every bugger else is cashing in on the day so why not Hearts. Jim looks happy at what his tea leaves say!

Only Mugs are the people that will be watching that drivel. The "We're having a Wedding - You lot are paying - You are not invited but can view from a distance as long as you are not going to protest or speak your mind in any way -and we expect you to pay to organise street parties in our honour" Event.

Do The Dance

Big deal :rolleyes: people will buy and the club will make money.

Who will buy? Seems a waste of printing.

ToadKiller Dog

Great tactics if we are plotting to catch all the Ugly FC fans once Her Majesties revenue & customs shut ipox down .

Good way of getting rid of old stock there is a wee internet hearts supporters group who will be splashing the cash .

Patrick Bateman

This has gone from funny to just ridiculous.

Commemorative tops? F.R.O.

With that attitude, I'd rather you stopped going to Hearts games and followed Celtic instead.

Only Mugs are the people that will be watching that drivel. The "We're having a Wedding - You lot are paying - You are not invited but can view from a distance as long as you are not going to protest or speak your mind in any way -and we expect you to pay to organise street parties in our honour" Event.

and quite right too , after all they are our future king and queen

would you turn up at a mates wedding to protest against him getting married? Or would you accept that it's not about you so it'd be better just to either stay away or keep your trap shut?

I'm lookin forward to it. And I ain't a mug. So yer theory is blown oot the water.

"ORF WITH HIS HEAD!!!"

Patrick Bateman

I'd have bought a Hearts mug with 'God Bless The Pope' on it for His Holiness's visit last year. I can't understand how HMFC managed to miss such a wonderful marketing opportunity.

I'd have bought a Hearts mug with 'God Bless The Pope' on it for His Holiness's visit last year. I can't understand how HMFC managed to miss such a wonderful marketing opportunity.

Well you'll just have to wait till he becomes British, gets himself in line for the throne and is getting married. Otherwise I'd imagine a certain Dublin Glasgow based team who play in hooped tops may be able to cater for your needs. :whistling:

:thumbsup:

Where does it say something about the tops? I have seen the mugs piece.

At the bottom of the article on the official site about the mugs.

This marketing ploy is an embarrassment and merely encourages an image of HMFC which most fans wish to shake off.

ToadKiller Dog

Therapist and his missus have already placed their order.

Fact.

Starting to think he is hearts new marketing manager .

The Treasurer

This marketing ploy is an embarrassment and merely encourages an image of HMFC which most fans wish to shake off.

Eh ????blink.gif

would you turn up at a mates wedding to protest against him getting married? Or would you accept that it's not about you so it'd be better just to either stay away or keep your trap shut?

I'm lookin forward to it. And I ain't a mug. So yer theory is blown oot the water.

"ORF WITH HIS HEAD!!!"

If my friend was siphoning off my cash to pay for it then yeah I could see the reason to protest.

Guest Dr. Pepper

Do me an absolute favour love.

HMFCs unfailing loyalty to the House of Windsor, the United Kingdom and God is not something most fans want to "shake off"

portobellojambo1

Great idea Hearts,well done. :thumbsup:

Must admit I'm not overly taken by the top Peter, but there again I've got so many now I don't need another one. But coffee mugs never go amiss, and I'll be picking up one of those.

Saw this through Facebook when I logged onto the PC about 30 minutes ago, and the first thought that went through my head was "Need to log onto JKB, there will be the usual spam heads giving it "what a disgraceful thing to do" and what do you know, JKB doesn't let you down. Imagine the cheek of it, the club trying to make a few extra quid, it is quite utterly feckin shocking, we shouldn't be doing things like this or looking for shirt sponsors to pump money into the club. It is unethical, even highly offensive in this day and age. Down right jolly uncivil, what.

Well done HMFC, once again, another brownie point to David Southern and his team, keep up the very good work.

I take it if you are that much against it you would have turned down the extra day off or the chance to come in on overtime rates if it was given or offered to you.

Or are you one of those folk who mouth off about how much you are against it but happy to cash in on it yourself?

Vlad-Stupid

Can't wait to pick up mine. What better way to celebrate the Royal wedding. Well done HMFC. Well done Mr Romanov :thumbsup:

davemclaren

Do me an absolute favour love.

HMFCs unfailing loyalty to the House of Windsor, the United Kingdom and God is not something most fans want to "shake off"

I think you've taken that too far. :teehee:

Anyway, if enough mugs buy the stuff we'll make some money so it's hardly a big deal to jump on a bandwagon.

Looking forward to buying the 'Alex Salmond victory celebration' mugs/tops though. :thumbsup:

Colonel Kurtz

I think you've taken that too far. :teehee:

Anyway, if enough mugs buy the stuff we'll make some money so it's hardly a big deal to jump on a bandwagon.

Looking forward to buying the 'Alex Salmond victory celebration' mugs/tops though. :thumbsup:

Surely the commerative tops should be in our original colours..red ,white and blue

Daydream Believer

Is it not a bit late for this?

They've been knocking them out on Oxford Street for weeks. (not Hearts ones obviously)

davemclaren

Surely the commerative tops should be in our original colours..red ,white and blue

We've had that debate before and they weren't our original colours. :)

bean counter

Deary me . You sound so bitter

Colonel Kurtz

Maybe more merchandise would have meant that the catholic church could have paid the bills for the visit ,instead of making it a state visit to avoid writs being served on the Pontiff in relation to child abuse cover ups

colinmaroon

What a load of hooha about nothing - on JKB that is!!!

If you like them mugs, the Royals whatever, buy one or two!

If you don't, don't!!!

SIMPLES!!!

If you don't, don't!!!

SIMPLES!!!

SENSIBLE POST ALERT!!!!

Vlad-Stupid

If you don't, don't!!!

SIMPLES!!!

Instant ban please mods.

Riddley Walker

Must admit I'm not overly taken by the top Peter, but there again I've got so many now I don't need another one. But coffee mugs never go amiss, and I'll be picking up one of those.

Saw this through Facebook when I logged onto the PC about 30 minutes ago, and the first thought that went through my head was "Need to log onto JKB, there will be the usual spam heads giving it "what a disgraceful thing to do" and what do you know, JKB doesn't let you down. Imagine the cheek of it, the club trying to make a few extra quid, it is quite utterly feckin shocking, we shouldn't be doing things like this or looking for shirt sponsors to pump money into the club. It is unethical, even highly offensive in this day and age. Down right jolly uncivil, what.

Well done HMFC, once again, another brownie point to David Southern and his team, keep up the very good work.

So everything is purely about money here and ethics should never come into it at all? Let's send Roman Romanov down to the bottom of Leith Walk with 40 ounces of low-grade smack and sell it for a huge profit. We'll make loads of cash.

Got no problem at all with Wonga, and while i think the Hearts marketing team do an excellent job I am personally just a bit uneasy about our love-in with the Royal Wedding and their spoiled family.

Archived