Good Marketing or a bit too far

bavariajambo

:thumbsup:

Will be popping into the shop tomorrow for a couple. :)

The shop is closed tomorrow so the staff can celebrate the wedding,it opens again on Saturday.

Do me an absolute favour love.

HMFCs unfailing loyalty to the House of Windsor, the United Kingdom and God is not something most fans want to "shake off"

Agreed :thumbsup:

portobellojambo1

So everything is purely about money here and ethics should never come into it at all? Let's send Roman Romanov down to the bottom of Leith Walk with 40 ounces of low-grade smack and sell it for a huge profit. We'll make loads of cash.

Got no problem at all with Wonga, and while i think the Hearts marketing team do an excellent job I am personally just a bit uneasy about our love-in with the Royal Wedding and their spoiled family.

I have absolutely no problem with anyone's opinion of the Royal Family, you are as welcome to your opinion as I am to mine. But your question was in relation to running a business, and whether or not it is all about money. Let's see, we need to service the debt, to do so what do we need, money, we want to purchase a few players, what do we need, money, we need to pay the players and other staff salaries, what do the club use, money (need I go on with all the other things that require money). Whether you like it or not, keeping a business both afloat and ticking over going forward requires finance (hard graft as well, but that hard graft has to be paid for with, you've probably guessed it, money).

To make a comparsion between some coffee mugs and football tops commemorating a special event and profit from drugs is quite simply ludicrous, but I'm guessing you knew that before you even posted said comment.

If you find the strips offensive, if you find the coffee mugs offensive, simple answer, buy neither, but because you don't want to buy them doesn't mean others are thinking likewise. Those that do wish to purchase such things will be putting money into the club, and what is being offered isn't illegal therefore on this occasion I see no feckin problem with it.

Rick Grimes

"a limited number available at ?29 each"

so just some of the unsold stock from this year with a wee bit of naff text whapped quickly on top them?

Drylaw Hearts

"a limited number available at ?29 each"

so just some of the unsold stock from this year with a wee bit of naff text whapped quickly on top them?

Correct.

Denny Crane

Mods can we have a smiley that says: "BLOAAAARGGHH"? :thumbsup:

?8.99 for a mug. The perfect gift in so many ways.

If Hearts want to join in celebrating this occasion of privilege and servility, well, that's up to them.

Not something I'm going to worry or care about. Much like the wedding.

davemclaren

Correct.

It's good business. :D

Hasn't the Hearts shop been outsourced anyway so these ideas to sell tat and make some money are the idea of the com[anyt managing the shop rather than the club itself?

Billy the Jambo

Stupid idea for Hearts to come up with .If the huns came up with this idea this board would be in meltdown slagging them off .

davemclaren

Stupid idea for Hearts to come up with .If the huns came up with this idea this board would be in meltdown slagging them off .

I bet you didn't say that when you got your free ticket last Saturday. :cool_shades:

Riddley Walker

I have absolutely no problem with anyone's opinion of the Royal Family, you are as welcome to your opinion as I am to mine. But your question was in relation to running a business, and whether or not it is all about money. Let's see, we need to service the debt, to do so what do we need, money, we want to purchase a few players, what do we need, money, we need to pay the players and other staff salaries, what do the club use, money (need I go on with all the other things that require money). Whether you like it or not, keeping a business both afloat and ticking over going forward requires finance (hard graft as well, but that hard graft has to be paid for with, you've probably guessed it, money).

To make a comparsion between some coffee mugs and football tops commemorating a special event and profit from drugs is quite simply ludicrous, but I'm guessing you knew that before you even posted said comment.

If you find the strips offensive, if you find the coffee mugs offensive, simple answer, buy neither, but because you don't want to buy them doesn't mean others are thinking likewise. Those that do wish to purchase such things will be putting money into the club, and what is being offered isn't illegal therefore on this occasion I see no feckin problem with it.

I have no problem with anyone buying these things and giving money to Hearts, but this is a messageboard designed for debate and I was purely passing on my opinion. I understand the need to make more money, but this doesn't mean I'm not allowed to express my personal dislike for the idea of a monarchy in general. I respect people's right to purchase commemorative gifts in regards to other people's weddings, but I won't be purchasing any myself.

As for my comment on selling drugs, I think it was a good idea. Bags of potential to make loads of dosh.

NIce wan, big man natnaw. Am pure looking foarward tae getting ma cumemyrative mug on ra glorious 12th, nat.

Buckie aw roond for ra boeys!! :rolleyes:

I might buy one for work, if nothing else it will wind up my boss who insists on drinking out a Celtic mug all the time.

What a fantastic club I support! I might actually buy one of the tops to play 5-a-sides with because I know how much it will annoy my mates!

So thats at least one shirt sold.

Billy the Jambo

I bet you didn't say that when you got your free ticket last Saturday. :cool_shades:

[/quote I don,t need a free ticket i have a season ticket .Anyway i was on holiday last saturday so i didnt go to game

vintage1874

Good idea from Hearts i wonder how many other clubs are doing this? Grandma vintage is into all this royal stuff but not Hearts will need to get her a mug.

The royal wedding and the great work we do supporting Erskine show Hearts as a club who are proud of our country and traditions, for the club to enter into these actions they must feel the majority of us fans feel the same.

Nor will he complain about having tomorrow off or getting paid overtime rates.

Daydream Believer

The shop is closed tomorrow so the staff can celebrate the wedding,it opens again on Saturday.

So they announced it today, the wedding's tomorrow and the shop opens on Saturday?

They'll be lucky to make ?100. Better than nothing I suppose.

davemclaren

Brilliant Hearts, well done. Good to keep to our history.

I think you might be reading too much into it. :ninja:

Only Mugs are the people that will be watching that drivel. The "We're having a Wedding - You lot are paying - You are not invited but can view from a distance as long as you are not going to protest or speak your mind in any way -and we expect you to pay to organise street parties in our honour" Event.

Think you'll find the tax payer is NOT paying for the Wedding itself. Obviously not being interested you don't know the facts but the Middletons are paying most of the costs themselves (As is usual tradition of the brides family) the rest of the costs met by the Windsors personally. The only cost to the tax payer is the security.

Excellent idea Hearts, every other retailer and business is cashing in on "The Royal Wedding" why not Hearts. Anything that makes the club a few quid can't be a bad idea, although there are some fans (fans being debatable) that seem to think we don't need any extra revenue.

Will be buying some mugs strictly for camp value, wonderfully tacky. Would go well with Hearts sov ring.

Did someone not do Kate & Wills sick bags?

They're tacky and I wouldn't be seen dead with one but they're harmless and if the club shifts a few then fair ****s to them.

I prefer this mug myself.

DM320Mug.jpg

:)

Think you'll find the tax payer is NOT paying for the Wedding itself. Obviously not being interested you don't know the facts but the Middletons are paying most of the costs themselves (As is usual tradition of the brides family) the rest of the costs met by the Windsors personally. The only cost to the tax payer is the security.

Excellent idea Hearts, every other retailer and business is cashing in on "The Royal Wedding" why not Hearts. Anything that makes the club a few quid can't be a bad idea, although there are some fans (fans being debatable) that seem to think we don't need any extra revenue.

How dare you allow facts to get in the way of fiction!!!

Archived