Schalke 04 v Man Utd

Chad Sexington

I might be completely wrong, but I thought the evil sisters from the West had to kick off their recent midweek games at 6pm to avoid clashing with Champion League games, yet Stoke are playing Wolves as we speak. How does that work?

Giggs has just scored, about time with all the chances they've had!

Stoke v Wolves isn't on tv.

Looks like the Lawssier was correct re Schalke feeling they'd run their race after the QF's with the celebrations on show for that result.

Awful performance.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Was getting worried about not converting chances but the tie is effectively wrapped up now. Bring on the Arsenal!

portobellojambo1

The present scoreline of 2-0 is a much fairer reflection of the game (than 0-0 was). Whether or not you have any feelings or ill feelings for Man Utd (I have neither, I'm just watching it as a game of football) it would be hard to argue they have been anything other than very good tonight, and the only reason the score isn't much higher is down to the Schalke goalkeeper.

Everybody loves Baz

All over now and manure in the final already, far too easy.

I can feel your Bitterness / pain Joan

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jamboinglasgow

What a player Valencia is, btw.

United have missed him.

I agree. I remember thinking at the time why have the bought him, but SAF was using him as part of a wider plan which has allowed Rooney to score so many goals last season and look so dangerous this season.

ToadKiller Dog

Schalke bottled it ,looks like they brought the league form to the game rather than the cup form ,they done so well to get this far by playing attacking football shown nothing Tactics totally wrong . Typical Schalke . United have been very good but they have been allowed to be . Man Utd experience shows .

Stoke giving Wolves a bit of a battering tonight too.

3-0 up.

Bad, bad result for Wolves.

A win tonight would have given them a good building block to push for survival. Going to be a huge struggle now.

Walter Bishop

Outstanding performance from United also major plus Rooney,Park and Hernandez all given a rest before the visit to London`s biggest Library on Sunday...

WembleyStadium.jpg

Anyone?

[/quo

I was there a few weeks back,superb set up once inside.Nothing startling from the outside,preffered the old Wembley from the outside.

Chad Sexington

Brilliant performance from Utd.

Totally dominant.

The 2nd leg is a formality.

The final at Wembley vs Real Madrid or Barca. :woot:

It's going to be special. :thumbsup:

Could be a nervy night for the reds.

They'll do well to get out of town with a draw.

I'm taking a 2-1 home win.

Could not have been more wrong - it wasn't full on, but they dominated completely throughout & couldve been a total rout if they'd pushed it late on

Chad Sexington

Could not have been more wrong - it wasn't full on, but they dominated completely throughout & couldve been a total rout if they'd pushed it late on

Hey. when you're right 53% of the time, you're wrong 47& of the time.

SleazyGuy3.jpg

United couldn't have dreamed of an easier away leg in the semi-finals of the CL!

Pathetic, gutless performance from Schalke - did they even have a midfield?

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Also, United are the first club not to concede an away goal in an entire CL campaign (finals are neutral) plus Sir Alex's 100th European game.

Fantastic night all round for the dominant club in Manchester. cool.gif

Giggs is now the oldest player to ever score in the Champions League. Legend! :thumbsup:

He didn't seem to pleased to be reminded of it

shaun.lawson

Looks like the Lawssier was correct re Schalke feeling they'd run their race after the QF's with the celebrations on show for that result.

Awful performance.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/91407-raul-leads-schalke-fans-in-champions-league-celebrations/

:verysmug:

It's not as though United were brilliant, is it? It's that Schalke were woeful, just like Tottenham were in Madrid - and that's what happens when a team's mental focus just isn't there, especially when they're underdogs in the first place.

A certain poster on that thread commented that: "Shaun, youve made some gross mis-judgements and talked some shite on hear over the years but that really takes the biscuit mate."

All I can say to him is:

article-1240543-023A67FB0000044D-637_468x286.jpg

Incidentally, the poster in question made another prediction:

"Just for the record, the winner of the tournament will come from the other tie as we all know".

I think he'll be wrong there too. :thumbsup:

Well done Lawson. The Nostradamus bloodline clearly still runs strong in you!

Incidently, whatever happened to the impending demise of the red half of Manchester and their inevitable failure in claiming a "Nineteenth" league title?

:whistling::rolleyes:

shaun.lawson

Well done Lawson. The Nostradamus bloodline clearly still runs strong in you!

Incidently, whatever happened to the impending demise of the red half of Manchester and their inevitable failure in claiming a "Nineteenth" league title?

:whistling::rolleyes:

:lol:

Ah well, at least I held my hands up about that one! :vrface:

True to form, after the Chelsea tie, I came full circle and started tipping you to win a fourth European Cup. :thumbsup:

shaun.lawson

I need to copyright this LAWSSIER chat.

You should. It was you who patented it, after all. :thumbsup:

Ryan Gosling

You should. It was you who patented it, after all. :thumbsup:

What can I say? That's how TEH KLEEK roll.

:jjyay:

:lol:

Ah well, at least I held my hands up about that one! :vrface:

True to form, after the Chelsea tie, I came full circle and started tipping you to win a fourth European Cup. :thumbsup:

Truth be told mate, I'd much prefer you tipping one of the Spanish giants to triumph at Wembley and telling me how a twentieth league title will be a bridge too far for a crumbling dynasty! :thumbsup:

shaun.lawson

Truth be told mate, I'd much prefer you tipping one of the Spanish giants to triumph at Wembley and telling me how a twentieth league title will be a bridge too far for a crumbling dynasty! :thumbsup:

It's funny. I keep thinking "surely a 19th title and another European Cup would be enough for Fergie to call it quits?" But nah: twenty's a much more satisfying number than 19, so no doubt he'll hang around for even more... :o

It's funny. I keep thinking "surely a 19th title and another European Cup would be enough for Fergie to call it quits?" But nah: twenty's a much more satisfying number than 19, so no doubt he'll hang around for even more... :o

There is a school of thought, and one that i agree with, that not only does he want the 19th but he wants to put it out of Liverpool?s sight for the foreseeable future, say 23 or 24, to allow the new manager time to build without the pressure of being caught or bettered before they are able to put their own mark on united.

He said recently that he was past retiring and would only consider it if advised on health grounds, given that he has lived and breather united for 25 years, stepping away might have an adverse affect on him as I really can?t see him doing a dalglish and sitting in old Trafford every week watching over a fergieless united, it?s not him.

Buffalo Bill

There is a school of thought, and one that i agree with, that not only does he want the 19th but he wants to put it out of Liverpool?s sight for the foreseeable future, say 23 or 24, to allow the new manager time to build without the pressure of being caught or bettered before they are able to put their own mark on united.

He said recently that he was past retiring and would only consider it if advised on health grounds, given that he has lived and breather united for 25 years, stepping away might have an adverse affect on him as I really can?t see him doing a dalglish and sitting in old Trafford every week watching over a fergieless united, it?s not him.

I agree with this. Like someone coming out of the extreme cold and standng in front of the fire, I don't think Ferguson's body would handle the shock of walking away from the OT dug-out. It might be the death of him.

Said to a friend last night that I'd expect if he won both then he'd possibly quit

However, this is a team with some young talent & who haven't even played well this season for large spells. Add to the fact he wants a young keeper in, can see him being exited about the future & wanting to keep Citeh & Liverpool quiet for a few ears

Said to a friend last night that I'd expect if he won both then he'd possibly quit

However, this is a team with some young talent & who haven't even played well this season for large spells. Add to the fact he wants a young keeper in, can see him being exited about the future & wanting to keep Citeh & Liverpool quiet for a few years

Archived