Jim Jefferies

Diego10

Not sure JJ has had the resources. Yes we have a good player budget, but we are still lacking in some areas, namely an attacking midfielder and another good striker, which is a hangover for previous mangers.

In the last year JJ brought in Kyle, Elliott, Skacel, Stevenson, and Webster. That is 4 of out top 5 scorers and our temporary captain. I will be interested to see what the next year brings.

:rolleyes:

One thing I like though as at the start of JJ reign he said he wanted 11 captains on the park and we've looked better for it with the signings of Webster and Kyle.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I am sure of is that for so long as JJ is manager with BB and GL there is no chance of Hibs beating us as they have instilled in all the players the importance of the derby to the club. Since JJ has came in we have won four derbies and drawn one, and would have almost certainly won all five if Zal hadn't been sent off :thumbsup:

Our performances in the derbies under Csaba were a disgrace. Four draws, two defeats and the solitary Scottish Cup win must be one of the poorest derby records of any previous Hearts manager.

The way JJ sets up his team I am much more confident of beating the Old Firm at home than under Csaba as we are much more attacking and so we create far more chances. Under Csaba we were relying on us taking one of the two or three chances we would create and keeping the back door shut.

However, under JJ we haven't been unable to adjust when going to Glasgow to playing on a much bigger pitch when we need to be much better in possession.

At Parkead in Janurary we couldn't keep hold of the ball for more than a few passes.

Our lack of a real dominant midfield player who can control the game costs us in these games as the Old Firm win the midfield battle so easily against us. This weakness isn't exposed as much at Tynie IMO.

However, Csaba performed much better in Glasgow as we had a clear game plan to soak up pressure and hit on the break. Players like Karipidis, Kingston and Bruno wee much better in possesion and often thrived playing on the much bigger pitch as they were much better in possession than Black, Mrowiec etc.

JJ hasn't been able to develop a game plan for playing in Glasgow as of yet. I was pleased to see he recognised this after the last Celtic game and started with a different formation against Rangers. However, the early Lafferty goal meant that the new system wasn't properly tested.

Against the other teams JJ has us playing far more attacking, with far more width and we are consequently far more exciting to watch. This has resulted in far more goals being scored than under Csaba and us hammering a good few teams when everything has went our way. Due to our players being better than every team except the OF we have won far more games than we have lost or drawn.

However, when a team realises we play this way in every game and are very inflexible it has been all too easy for them to sit deep and hit us on the counter i.e. Kilmarnock at home.

This formation would be severly exposed if the quality of player was to dip for whatever reason.

Under Csaba we went 20 odd games without winning by more than a single goal. This was due to his over-cautious approach and giving much poorer teams than oursselves far too much respect.

Our focus was all on not conceding rather than how to unlock the opposition's defence. Therefore, we were mind-numbingly boring to watch.

However, we had such good defensive players this approach worked to an extent as we narrowly won game after game. However, in many of these wins we were holding on in the last ten minutes.

Csaba's deficiences were exposed at the start of last season as we were no longer able to perform so well defensively in the absence of Berra, Kari and Robbie. Also, we lost our wee creative spark in Bruno.

We were much weaker at the back and unable to grind out wins, and our absymal attacking options were then clear to see as we were relying on our forward thinking players far more. Take note Christian Nade!

Such defensive attacks held back our attacking players, many of whom have shown their true potetntial under JJ e.g. Suso and Temps.

JJ has also brought on other under-performing players like Bouzid and Black :thumbsup:

In all, JJ wins hands down and although he is far from being the all-round manager the feel good factor has returned and we are back at the level where JJ himself and the fans expect us to be, third in the league :thumbsup:

The day JJ came back to Hearts is the best football related memory I have since 2006.

I'd like him to remain at the helm for as long as he is willing to work in football.

This. :thumbsup:

This. :thumbsup:

100% agreed. It's nice to finally read comments of people who have a clue. People wanting rid of JJ and Rudi are seriously miles off the mark.

100% agreed. It's nice to finally read comments of people who have a clue. People wanting rid of JJ and Rudi are seriously miles off the mark.

Care to explain?

I think my following sentence explains it, or did you not read that?

Yes, and no it doesn't explain it.

So if JJ done shite next season and we ended up sixth we sould keep him untill he wishes to retire? :blink: and that would in turn mean I have a clue.

I'd love you to explain that one to me.

Yes, and no it doesn't explain it.

So if JJ done shite next season and we ended up sixth we sould keep him untill he wishes to retire? :blink:

I'd love you to explain that one to me.

He won't and you are well aware of that fact. We have too good a squad and too much heart. He has significantly improved the squad this season, brought back much needed passion and desire to play for Heart Of Midlothian and he will always channel his passion into the players. I am 100% confident that we will continue to improve next season. My point was not actually directed at you personally, more to the many on this site that are anti JJ/Rudi.

He won't and you are well aware of that fact. We have too good a squad and too much heart. He has significantly improved the squad this season, brought back much needed passion and desire to play for Heart Of Midlothian and he will always channel his passion into the players. I am 100% confident that we will continue to improve next season. My point was not actually directed at you personally, more to the many on this site that are anti JJ/Rudi.

Well hopefully with two new CM we'll see a real JJ team next season. He does have an eye for a player I'll give him that.

Lets hope we have something to cheer about next season, hopefully a nice cup run and a go at second with Rangers should they still find themselves in the shit next season. Providing we only sell one or two players and strengthen in the middle there is no reason why we shouldn't.

Well hopefully with two new CM we'll see a real JJ team next season. He does have an eye for a player I'll give him that.

Lets hope we have something to cheer about next season, hopefully a nice cup run and a go at second with Rangers should they still find themselves in the shit next season. Providing we only sell one or two players and strengthen in the middle there is no reason why we shouldn't.

You still haven't named who you think we could get in to do a better/as good job.

You still haven't named who you think we could get in to do a better/as good job.

I choose to ignore it.

I choose to ignore it.

So you criticise our manager, claim that there are numerous other candidates who could have done as good a job, but refuse to name them. Nice work.

One thing I am sure of is that for so long as JJ is manager with BB and GL there is no chance of Hibs beating us as they have instilled in all the players the importance of the derby to the club. Since JJ has came in we have won four derbies and drawn one, and would have almost certainly won all five if Zal hadn't been sent off :thumbsup:

Our performances in the derbies under Csaba were a disgrace. Four draws, two defeats and the solitary Scottish Cup win must be one of the poorest derby records of any previous Hearts manager.

The way JJ sets up his team I am much more confident of beating the Old Firm at home than under Csaba as we are much more attacking and so we create far more chances. Under Csaba we were relying on us taking one of the two or three chances we would create and keeping the back door shut.

However, under JJ we haven't been unable to adjust when going to Glasgow to playing on a much bigger pitch when we need to be much better in possession.

At Parkead in Janurary we couldn't keep hold of the ball for more than a few passes.

Our lack of a real dominant midfield player who can control the game costs us in these games as the Old Firm win the midfield battle so easily against us. This weakness isn't exposed as much at Tynie IMO.

However, Csaba performed much better in Glasgow as we had a clear game plan to soak up pressure and hit on the break. Players like Karipidis, Kingston and Bruno wee much better in possesion and often thrived playing on the much bigger pitch as they were much better in possession than Black, Mrowiec etc.

JJ hasn't been able to develop a game plan for playing in Glasgow as of yet. I was pleased to see he recognised this after the last Celtic game and started with a different formation against Rangers. However, the early Lafferty goal meant that the new system wasn't properly tested.

Against the other teams JJ has us playing far more attacking, with far more width and we are consequently far more exciting to watch. This has resulted in far more goals being scored than under Csaba and us hammering a good few teams when everything has went our way. Due to our players being better than every team except the OF we have won far more games than we have lost or drawn.

However, when a team realises we play this way in every game and are very inflexible it has been all too easy for them to sit deep and hit us on the counter i.e. Kilmarnock at home.

This formation would be severly exposed if the quality of player was to dip for whatever reason.

Under Csaba we went 20 odd games without winning by more than a single goal. This was due to his over-cautious approach and giving much poorer teams than oursselves far too much respect.

Our focus was all on not conceding rather than how to unlock the opposition's defence. Therefore, we were mind-numbingly boring to watch.

However, we had such good defensive players this approach worked to an extent as we narrowly won game after game. However, in many of these wins we were holding on in the last ten minutes.

Csaba's deficiences were exposed at the start of last season as we were no longer able to perform so well defensively in the absence of Berra, Kari and Robbie. Also, we lost our wee creative spark in Bruno.

We were much weaker at the back and unable to grind out wins, and our absymal attacking options were then clear to see as we were relying on our forward thinking players far more. Take note Christian Nade!

Such defensive attacks held back our attacking players, many of whom have shown their true potetntial under JJ e.g. Suso and Temps.

JJ has also brought on other under-performing players like Bouzid and Black :thumbsup:

In all, JJ wins hands down and although he is far from being the all-round manager the feel good factor has returned and we are back at the level where JJ himself and the fans expect us to be, third in the league :thumbsup:

Fine post, many great and valid points. Csaba easily had far better midfield options in his first season. Guys that were ALREADY there. But thats not really the main point. JJ has given us a team with the right attitude and outlook in general, in the short term.

Gigolo-Aunt

Some fans want the moon......

Apart from the cup runs, I'm digging what he is doing this time round.

Billy the Jambo

I have just been on Hearts facebook page and a poster on there claims that the mad one is interfering again with team selection .He claims that Kello is fit and that the mad one doesnt want him to play because he thinks that Kello has thrown a few games according to the poster he got this from a current player he knows and evening news website .He also says that JJ is reviewing his situation during summer .I think he is talking a lot hibs

rossthejambo

I have just been on Hearts facebook page and a poster on there claims that the mad one is interfering again with team selection .He claims that Kello is fit and that the mad one doesnt want him to play because he thinks that Kello has thrown a few games according to the poster he got this from a current player he knows and evening news website .He also says that JJ is reviewing his situation during summer .I think he is talking a lot hibs

Already been discussed and disputed....not like you to fan the flames of Vlad interference Billy :whistling:

I think we DON`T give our own club credit enough. Through the years a threatening Hearts side has always brought out performances from the OF when they come up against us in a significant game.

In turn, it actually maybe becomes too much for us. I`ve seen much better Hearts teams, teams actually expected to win things, be well and truly turned over by the OF...oh yes...and JJ wasn`t the manager! Rangers have argubly played their best two games of the season at Tynecastle this season. Part coincidence but part of it comes from consciously knowing Tynecastle is place they could genuinely lose points, and they did once.

How many times did we win in Glasgow in the 2005/06 season? But the thing is we DID beat either of them at home but only 1 each and i`d say not winning the other games v the OF at home is more hurtful than not winning away. Look around any of the major leagues. Most of the top teams maintain a good record at home v their closest rivals.

Honing a winning mentality at any ground is a big part of bringing major success, but that has to go in hand with the talent being close to the level the OF are at and adding players to your squad who are bringing both talent and strength in mind to the table.

Celtic and Rangers expect to win at home just as we do and we`ll have to reach a very high level mentally and ability wise before we start going there regularly and getting points. Its been an age old problem at Hearts and the 50`s was probably the last time everything aligned for Hearts to go there time and again and pump them.

I don?t disagree the OF up their game against us, they see us as a threat and that in a lot of ways pays testimony to our status as Scotland?s 3rd biggest team - despite similar claims from Aberdeen and Hibs(haha).

However when you see how much JJ gets them fired up for derby?s and the way we take the game to Hibs with controlled aggression and a desire to win I wonder why he can't do the same for the OF games. I know we ran Rangers close this season but we didn't really look like a team who believed we could win the game.

I also don't think he goes through there with a good enough game plan, I was a guest at Riccarton to watch Hearts train before the Celtic game and what I didn't see was a team being set up to take on Celtic, I saw a standard training session. I was expecting to see them closing down spaces, giving a team long periods without the ball and then retaining possession by breaking quickly, all the things you need in Glasgow.

When we lose a goal there never seems to be an urgency to get a goal back we just want to contain and hope we don?t lose another.

But please don't interpret this as a JJ out post or I don?t think he's done a good job, it's the only thing I criticise him for, would just like to see more of that derby spirit and siege mentality when we play them.

Billy the Jambo

Already been discussed and disputed....not like you to fan the flames of Vlad interference Billy :whistling:

I am not fanning any flames i was just posting what i read and if you look at my post you will see that i think its a load of crap .Anyway i didnt see it being discussed on here

rossthejambo

I am not fanning any flames i was just posting what i read and if you look at my post you will see that i think its a load of crap .Anyway i didnt see it being discussed on here

I noticed that, it was just a bit of banter. :D

KillieMitch

Hi guys, Killie fan here but I like to read what fans of other teams are saying and I?ve been interested to see how Jefferies got on after leaving us. In my opinion he was always a really good manager and didn?t get the credit he deserved for keeping us up for so many seasons on no money whatsoever. When he left things had just gone stale ? these things happen. A few things to add to this debate that might be relevant though:

His talent spotting was the bigger worry I think. For years and years he told us that there was no money and that was the end of it, so barely a player came through the door. With exactly the same ?no money? Mixu and Kenny have got us nigh on a whole new team. We barely pay anything for Eremenko. Jaakola, current keeper, came in on a free and has put Cammy Bell out of the team even though he?s still in the Scotland squad. Sissoko is on loan from Italy and has been immense. This list goes on. Perhaps this is all down to Mixu?s contacts, but the difference has been startling. There are even four of five players currently in the under-19s that have come through the door and haven?t broke into the team yet. Gros, current striker, being a good example, young, quick, scoring goals and most importantly came in on a free.

The other side of that which was worrying was Jeffries overlooking the talent we already had. The one huge complaint that all Killie fans had with Jeffries was that he stuck to the same team all the time, never mixed it up and brought on subs way too late. Perfect example here: Liam Kelly. He?s been one of our best midfielders this season, overshadowing Bryson in loads of games and scoring a fantastic goal just at the weekend there. He was rarely even on the bench under Jeffries. In fact if memory served he didn't get a minute on the pitch until he left. Calderwood had him in the team pretty much as soon as he arrived and he?s been there ever since, scoring crucial goals that kept us up at the end of last season.

Another example is Jamie Hammill, who?s done so well this season that he?s off to the championship or Aberdeen or yourselves in the summer. Jeffries stubbornly played him at centre mid where he was alright, effort more than effectiveness. Under Mixu and Calderwood he was moved straight to right back where he?s been immense.

Jeffries record against the Old Firm, for the entire time at Kilmarnock, was atrocious too. Tactically we were nowhere and we never, ever seemed to have the belief that we would beat them. We barely even came close to be honest. Most Killie fans just stopped going to Old Firm games and many are only starting to come back now. As soon as Jeffries left we almost immediately beat Celtic under Calderwood and our performances have been much improved this season.

OK so maybes it?s a bad time to bring that point up after Wednesday?s shambles but I would note that we only have one fit centre back, one centre back who hasn?t played football for a year and was cleaning toilets, and we were playing a (poor) right back at left back. And we didn?t show up... Anyway, point I?m making still stands I think that generally speaking we?ve been better against the old firm.

Have to say I?ve been surprised at just how well Jeffries has done with Hearts, but I shouldn?t be as I always rated him. Hope that?s fuel for the fire from another point of view for you guys. I?ve noticed a lot of complaints about Jeffries constantly picking players like Obua and wondered if that was a theme of his stubborn management. Final worry ? we were absolutely shit to watch with Kyle up front. He was fantastic and he scored goals but the games were dross and every other team soon found us out. You?ve got much better midfielders at Hearts to hopefully keep the play mixed when the big man is fit but it?s a worry ? long ball, punt, long ball, punt... It was a bit of a dilema 'this is chronic, but we're winning one nil because one of the long balls worked'. Anyway - enjoy Europe next season and that... just wanted to add my two cents

Craig Herbertson

Quite an intersting summary, Mr Killie, some good points too.

Good informative post and fair play to you for giving us an insight. I think JJ likes a settled team and there's a lot to be said for players playing week in week out. That opinion doesn't invalidate what you say.

KillieMitch

Good informative post and fair play to you for giving us an insight. I think JJ likes a settled team and there's a lot to be said for players playing week in week out. That opinion doesn't invalidate what you say.

Yep that is true too - there's a lot to be said for a settled team and in our best years under Jeffries we had just that

Only a Game

Yep that is true too - there's a lot to be said for a settled team and in our best years under Jeffries we had just that

Thanks for coming on and posting.

Jefferies has virtually the same pluses and minuses that he had with Kilmarnock.

The pluses

1. He's got a habit of getting things out of seemingly average players. Ryan Stevenson being an example

2. He's a Hearts man. I know that didnt help Kilmarnock but it helps us

3. His use of Kyle has been pretty good and although he was key to the way we played, we didnt go exclusively long ball and he used him more to create space for others

4. We play more attractive football under him than we did for the 3 or 4 years before that.

5. He gets his signings bang on 50% of the time. Webster being an example.

6. His record against the Old Firm at home and Hibs home and away is not bad ( very good in the case of Hibs)

The minuses

1. The big one for me is that he hasnt brought through one single youngster this season (as per your post)

2. He shits his pants every time the team bus passes Harthill en route to Glasgow (as per your post)

3. He's a bit one dimensional tactically, some would say naive.

4. He gets substitutions wrong frequently

5. He gets his signings wrong 50% of the time (not particularly this season but certainly when he was with us before)

6. He keeps out of form players in the starting line up for far too long.

All in all there are some who hero worship him and can see no wrong in him. Most are between reasonably happy to very pleased with him. Some dont see him as the future.

He's done pretty well with what he's got this season. This summer and next season are a major test of his second spell of management here. He has and will need to retain the support of the owner. He'll be able to bring players in and he'll need to get in quick and get it mostly right. He'll need to finish third or above, or win a cup if he finishes below that, to keep his job beyond next season.

PS. Can you lend us 3 points on Saturday. We'll give you them back next time you're at Tynecastle.

The minuses

1. The big one for me is that he hasnt brought through one single youngster this season (as per your post)hmmm, see that as a bit of a token criticism. Maybe in his eyes no one is really ready yet ? he`s certainly promoted Templeton more this season and it was Jefferies who really gave him a genuine chance last season when he took over. His past record at bringing on young players is excellent.

2. He shits his pants every time the team bus passes Harthill en route to Glasgow (as per your post) Every time? Forgotten the 3-0 in 96, 3-2 at Parkhead in 2000 and some drawn matches? and the Big Cup final? If you are basing it on this season then that`s a bit unfair.

3. He's a bit one dimensional tactically, some would say naive. You have an infatuation with tactics. As it goes with football, the manager takes the blame in defeat and its tactics to blame all the time? JJ has got his tactics spot on at times this season and sometimes he hasn`t....thats football. JJ has also taken us into europe in the past and never looked out of place.

4. He gets substitutions wrong frequently.....But its the nature of football. If its a defeat something gets blamed. Of course, there can be some baffling decisions at times in football but i wouldn`t say monumenal ones have been made by JJ. At 3-0 on Saturday everyone is happy, at 3-3 everyone is telling him he should have had Ruben at LB, CT at RB and Eggert in the midfield. Managers can `t win but i have to say, pre-match, i`d have prefered Ruben at LB and so on...but i wasn`t complaining at 3-0.5. He gets his signings wrong 50% of the time (not particularly this season but certainly when he was with us before) and 50 right as you say....again, its a gamble.

jambo_til_i_die

Q Does anyone think Jefferies sends his teams out to perform badly?

The reason I ask is that I think there are an overwhelming number of JKB users who don't have the first clue about football.

Jefferies is the best manager Hearts have had in about 50 years. He's passionate - wants Hearts to win every game. His teams in the large part have been entertaining. He unearths some absolute gems and has brought through some of the best youngsters at the club since Robbo. Most of the time his teams fight to the death and win/draw games that look beyond them. He was the first manager to bring a trophy down Gorgie Road since the 60's and he's always been a great ambassador for the club during a time when it's been financially impossible to compete with the OF - add the closest finish to the OF in terms of the league since they flexed their financial muscle. This time around, he's quickly reformed a dying squad and injected a bit of excitement into our lives again.

I've got another question:- What the feck do his detractors want?

Here, here Robbo. The JJ bashers are laughable. Just incredible. They have obviously forgotten '98 and the players he did that with, and the fact he's taken a team largely made from Lazlo's doing.

And to think we want stability and just over a year people are frustrated?

Do me a favour.

KillieMitch

Jefferies has virtually the same pluses and minuses that he had with Kilmarnock.

The pluses

1. He's got a habit of getting things out of seemingly average players. Ryan Stevenson being an example

3. His use of Kyle has been pretty good and although he was key to the way we played, we didnt go exclusively long ball and he used him more to create space for others

4. We play more attractive football under him than we did for the 3 or 4 years before that.

6. His record against the Old Firm at home and Hibs home and away is not bad ( very good in the case of Hibs)

The minuses

1. The big one for me is that he hasnt brought through one single youngster this season (as per your post)

2. He shits his pants every time the team bus passes Harthill en route to Glasgow (as per your post)

5. He gets his signings wrong 50% of the time (not particularly this season but certainly when he was with us before)

All in all there are some who hero worship him and can see no wrong in him. Most are between reasonably happy to very pleased with him. Some dont see him as the future.

He's done pretty well with what he's got this season. This summer and next season are a major test of his second spell of management here. He has and will need to retain the support of the owner. He'll be able to bring players in and he'll need to get in quick and get it mostly right. He'll need to finish third or above, or win a cup if he finishes below that, to keep his job beyond next season.

PS. Can you lend us 3 points on Saturday. We'll give you them back next time you're at Tynecastle.

Question for you - does he still wait until the 70th minute to make any subs? Used to do it religously and it used to drive me mental. With the 'defenders' we have fit for this weekend I don't think you need to worry about the three points sadly...

Ryan Gosling

Question for you - does he still wait until the 70th minute to make any subs? Used to do it religously and it used to drive me mental. With the 'defenders' we have fit for this weekend I don't think you need to worry about the three points sadly...

Nope. He made 3 subs in one go the other week as well.

Seymour M Hersh

The pluses

The minuses

This.

It was quite amusing reading KillieMitch's post as I kept saying yup, same at Tynie (both times) to virtually all his points. Some mates argue that JJ is a dinosaur and cannot/will not modernise.

Here, here Robbo. The JJ bashers are laughable. Just incredible. They have obviously forgotten '98 and the players he did that with, and the fact he's taken a team largely made from Lazlo's doing.

Do me a favour.

He's a bit old-fashioned. A bit getintaethum. It is good to watch at times but he is not the most imaginative of managers. The players we have are pretty crap mind you. Most of them can't pass a ball ten yards.

Seymour M Hersh

Do me a favour.

So he is beyond reproach. Is that what you are saying?

Do me a favour.

Do me a favour.

Suso and Bouzid for free! a good bit of business is it not? :teehee:

JJ was left with that team because Vlad wouldn't let Laszlo sign anyone.

So do me a favour. Get your facts right. :thumbsup:

Chris Benoit

Hai Shabba ;)

Hai Shabba ;)

Hiya pal. :D

It's true though. Every signing JJ has made has improved us too.

When JJ retires he would be a great scout! Now that I think of it we could... :ninja:

Disclaimer: This comment will void should Diamond sign with us. :down:

This.

It was quite amusing reading KillieMitch's post as I kept saying yup, same at Tynie (both times) to virtually all his points. Some mates argue that JJ is a dinosaur and cannot/will not modernise.

And what is that exactly? Someone that can inspire some mediocre players to give 100% alongside some good ones and perform reasonably well, and take his team back up to roughly an area in the league it belongs?

Look around various leagues and you`ll see some of the best managers are in their so called latter years of the game.

Jefferies isn`t perfect, but who is? You have to focus on what you get most from a player or manager...positives or negatives? Too many of you watch the EPl or La Liga thinking every manager should be a Jose or Fergie or play too much Football Manager.

Only a Game

Jefferies isn`t perfect,

Err......yes.....exactly what we've been saying....and no harm in actually saying it and discussing his weaknesses is there ?

Err......yes.....exactly what we've been saying....and no harm in actually saying it and discussing his weaknesses is there ?

err yes, but i don`t give the impression i don`t want him as manager.

jambo_til_i_die

Suso and Bouzid I don't rate.

And nowhere did I say it was NOT down to Vlad letting Laszlo make any signings.

So, right back atcha :thumbsup:

jambo_til_i_die

So he is beyond reproach. Is that what you are saying?

Do me a favour.

No one is beyond reproach, however many are hitting the panic button, which you seem to agree with.

Do me a favour. :thumbsup:

Suso and Bouzid I don't rate.

And nowhere did I say it was NOT down to Vlad letting Laszlo make any signings.

So, right back atcha :thumbsup:

Says it all really. :teehee:

Must not have attended matches for the first half of the season.

Personally I've always rated him, ever since the two pre-season matches when he arrived. If you seen him then you would have known he had potential.

jambo_til_i_die

Says it all really. :teehee:

Must not have attended matches for the first half of the season.

Personally I've always rated him, ever since the two pre-season matches when he arrived. If you seen him then you would have known he had potential.

Oh here we go..... one of them. *YAWWWWN* :lol:

Oh here we go..... one of them. *YAWWWWN* :lol:

Well if you did fair enough, but I bet your one of those that bases their opinions from the radio.

Am I close?

Only a Game

err yes, but i don`t give the impression i don`t want him as manager.

Does that really matter ? We're not in control of who we get as a manager. The merits and de-merits of every single Hearts manager since the internet age have been discussed

I dont want Jefferies to leave. Ive said this several times, but I do think he's limited. Probably the best available to us right now but limited and not the long term answer.

I'm quite sure Jim Jefferies doesnt give a stuff about my opinion and nor does Mr Romanov.

Here's my position once more so that you dont have to repeat that I want him gone.

I want to keep him for now, accepting his limitations, but I want us to be on the look out for a long term replacement and if a better man than Jefferies becomes apparent to us who potentially isnt so limited, then I want us to go and get him. There is a glass ceiling on achievement with Jefferies. At some stage, if other conditions are right, I want us to see if we can break through it. Jefferies is not the man to do that with. He's safe ( well fairly safe) and he wont get us into any trouble. But he was last a winner 13 years ago and he's not got it in him him to be a winner now IMO

Jim Leighton, Doug Rougvie, John McMaster, Neale Cooper, Alex McLeish, Willie Miller, Gordon Strachan, Neil Simpson, Mark McGhee, Eric Black, John Hewitt, Peter Weir.

Dont think he "bought" many !

My point is, SAF is an example of a coach who got the mentality right, the OF actually had some fear about them playing aberdeen and Utd back in those days. We go to parkhead and we roll over - everytime, I just dont think we ever beleive we can win. I think ICT probably have the best record against the OF this season, and look at their manager a former england and rangers captain - I dont think JJ installs the confidence into his teams when he goes there.

Rudy highlights a realistic point here.

Think about it: "The OF actually had some fear about playing Aberdeen and (Dundee)Utd.

If you have a manager who has no fear of the OF, has true belief in youth, and is genuinely willing to DEVELOP that youthfull talent:aka SAF.

You have a winner.

Did we not sense it during the brief period of management with George Burley?, no doubt in my mind that he felt no inferiority of the OF.

The right mentality is what is required, from a manager.

That ultra positive attitude will filter down through all levels within the club, just ask Jim Mclean and SAF, I'm sure they will agree.

rossthejambo

And thank the good lord that he didn't.

Hear hear. At the time I was raging we didn't get McLean or McLeod. But they have both ended up in League 2 in England and we now have a striker on the verge of a Scotland call up and a former Republic of Ireland international.

And thank the good lord that he didn't.

Archived