Hearts announce financial results

Ryan Gosling

loveofthegame
Absolutely. I have never read anything else when reading press releases regarding company accounts - and I've looked at a hell of a lot of them.

I just found it interesting that at a time where we know there is gonna be negatives coming out in the accounts the club publish a statement to the fans saying +VE +VE +VE.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just found it interesting that at a time where we know there is gonna be negatives coming out in the accounts the club publish a statement to the fans saying +VE +VE +VE.

Fair dues. My point is that every company under the sun does that.

loveofthegame
Fair dues. My point is that every company under the sun does that.

You're probably right mate. No company, as you rightly say, is gonna come out and say "we're ****ed"

All i'd like is a little bit of transparency. We know there are problems, so why come out and try to kid us that everything in the garden is rosy

You're probably right mate. No company, as you rightly say, is gonna come out and say "we're ****ed"

All i'd like is a little bit of transparency. We know there are problems, so why come out and try to kid us that everything in the garden is rosy

Transparency isn't really what we're asking for either though, not in normal business terms. There isn't a company out there who is 100% honest about financials with either the general public, its audiences or the media. Not to any extent outwith normal legal requirements I mean....

I'm not more or less fussed by this announcement, it's a non-event really. I'm quite happy to sit and wait for the actual accounts to come out before I join in with the over-zealous assumption-making and guesstimate based economics...

lost in leith
Yup, and no doubt it earned us a lot of revenue. I just wonder if it earned us huge sums more than the Scottish Cup semi-final vs Hibs, for example?

My general point was in response to a post from which I drew the inference that suspicions exist surrounding the latest reported turnover, in view of the the two seasons being discussed. Personally, I cannot see that there was a huge difference in terms of the potential of the 05/06 and 06/07 seasons bringing in money into the coffers.

Could be that the potential was the same. If so, this season's turnover will be far less, as will next season's with no Europe again. If so, we need huge cuts in the wage bill. IMHO we have to cut our losses on Pinilla, sell Larry and see if some mugs will take Nade on a free. Tall will be offski so that's anothe big wage off the payroll. We need to get back to picking up decent youngsters with potential and/or hope that some of our existing youngsters have got what it takes.

It goes without saying that a decent experienced manager who is allowed to stand or fall on the basis of his own team selections is a must - Stephen Frail is not the answer.

Charlie-Brown

The website is definitely a positive slant but later in the article talks about player sales and trying to achieve better cost / revenue ratio's so where does it say everything is rosy? It just doesn't state headline negatives which I am sure every other media outlet will.....

lost in leith
The website is definitely a positive slant but later in the article talks about player sales and trying to achieve better cost / revenue ratio's so where does it say everything is rosy? It just doesn't state headline negatives which I am sure every other media outlet will.....

To be fair any reasonably balanced article will point out that the negatives far outweigh the positives. For the most part the negatives are real, whereas the positives (apart from the Gordon transfer fee) are statements of intent. We know from experience that a lot of Vlad's positive statements of intent can be taken with a pinch of salt.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Could be that the potential was the same. If so, this season's turnover will be far less, as will next season's with no Europe again. If so, we need huge cuts in the wage bill. IMHO we have to cut our losses on Pinilla, sell Larry and see if some mugs will take Nade on a free. Tall will be offski so that's anothe big wage off the payroll. We need to get back to picking up decent youngsters with potential and/or hope that some of our existing youngsters have got what it takes.

It goes without saying that a decent experienced manager who is allowed to stand or fall on the basis of his own team selections is a must - Stephen Frail is not the answer.

Perhaps, although we will also lose McCann's ?10K a week off the bill as well. We've got rid of dross like Pospisil (eventually) and we should pay off Makela too. If only we'd taken that ?1.3M for Goncalves as well!!

That's the problem because we know we can get far better results on a reduced wage bill due to the fact that a lot of the dross are getting wages beyond their wildest dreams. Why would they move on?

I suppose the LC semi-final will mitigate a little of the drop in turnover for this year but I can see it falling to around the ?8M mark, showing how much Vlad needs to get it right this summer to ensure it doesn't fall even further.

EDIT: I'm not including the CG transfer fee in those turnover figures, which is an effective one-off windfall.

Archived