Hearts announce financial results

Ryan Gosling

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JamboRobbo

They managed to miss out the Profit/Loss figure from the summary. nice spin.

Interesting bit for me (if true) is this.

Parent company UAB Ukio Investicine Grupe (UBIG) provided funding by way of short term debt facilities with the plan to convert it to shares at a later stage.

I wonder if this "plan" will actually happen, or is just another set of words to try and stop people thinking about the debt, like the "vlad gets hit by a bus policy" which sounded great in theory, but in practice, it never actually happened and was just swept under the carpet when I chased it up.

Ryan Gosling
?12.5 Million on wages for to watch that pish. Bring on the laddies ffs.

To be fair, that includes Gordon, Pressley (and his pay-off), Hartley, Fyssas, Jankauskas, Bednar, Pospisil etc.

ToadKiller Dog
Parent company UAB Ukio Investicine Grupe (UBIG) provided funding by way of short term debt facilities with the plan to convert it to shares at a later stage.

Does this mean that they plan sometime to clear the debt with transfering it into a shares?

Interesting

Turnover ?10.32m - Wagebill ?12.42m

UBIG providing short term debt funding to cover the shortfall with a view to converting this into shares ! It seems the debt from trading losses is not being allowed to rise long term.

I look forward to seeing the accounts

Guest JamboRobbo
Does this mean that they plan sometime to clear the debt with transfering it into a shares?

Yep. Prob at the same time as they put in place the "vlad gets hit by a bus policy" i.e. never.

Would be great if it actually happened mind, but actions speak louder than words.

ToadKiller Dog
Yep. Prob at the same time as they put in place the "vlad gets hit by a bus policy" i.e. never.

Would be great if it actually happened mind, but actions speak louder than words.

Could be like everything else with our club its a case of wait and see rather than believe .

alwaysthereinspirit
Hilarious... absolutely hilarious.

I'm sitting at my desk pmsl at the wording of the "media release"

We have no issues worth worrying about by the sounds of it.

Roll on next season. European cup here we come.

Cut The Crap

We had a similar agreement, albeit for a much smaller amount, with SMG I seem to remember?

They managed to miss out the Profit/Loss figure from the summary. nice spin.

Interesting bit for me (if true) is this.

I wonder if this "plan" will actually happen, or is just another set of words to try and stop people thinking about the debt, like the "vlad gets hit by a bus policy" which sounded great in theory, but in practice, it never actually happened and was just swept under the carpet when I chased it up.

I speculated at the time that this had basically happened anyway. The equity value of the company was basically zero - and therefore the debt controlled the company. Debt for equity swap would just be the formalisation of this.

Utterly ludicrous wage bill absolutely out of control. Shocking financial numbers.

Terrible Trio
Interesting

Turnover ?10.32m - Wagebill ?12.42m

UBIG providing short term debt funding to cover the shortfall with a view to converting this into shares ! It seems the debt from trading losses is not being allowed to rise long term.

I look forward to seeing the accounts

I am sure there will be other costs other than "wagebill"

To be fair, that includes Gordon, Pressley (and his pay-off), Hartley, Fyssas, Jankauskas, Bednar, Pospisil etc.

And ?350k to pay off Rix. And ???????k to pay off Anderton..........

I guess that with those shocking numbers - and the Romanovs running out of money that there will be further player sales of any player who can be sold - and much more cost cutting on the playing staff.

Terrible Trio
We had a similar agreement, albeit for a much smaller amount, with SMG I seem to remember?

correct, however the last CEO ran the club into the ground thus reducing the value of the shares

What do they mean converting the debt (Or whatever) to shares?

Existing shareholders will be written down to almost nothing. UBIG will get a number of shares for each pound of debt it holds. It will massively outweigh any current shareholdings.

Last chance to get out with any money is now!

big wages = good players who have now left

lower wages = kak we have now

and they expect the turnover to remain high!

I guess that with those shocking numbers - and the Romanovs running out of money that there will be further player sales of any player who can be sold - and much more cost cutting on the playing staff.

I see you regularly referring to the fact that the Romanovs have run out of money, is this just personal opinion or what?

I am in no mood to be fair minded. :mad:

I see you regularly referring to the fact that the Romanovs have run out of money, is this just personal opinion or what?

All opinions.

Cannot get over how bad the mismanagement of the finances has been.

?22.5m plus wage bill from 2005-7. Incredible.

And people still seem to believe that VR is a good businessman and it is only the lack of a new main stand which is holding us back!

jamboinglasgow
I speculated at the time that this had basically happened anyway. The equity value of the company was basically zero - and therefore the debt controlled the company. Debt for equity swap would just be the formalisation of this.

Utterly ludicrous wage bill absolutely out of control. Shocking financial numbers.

yes those figures are shocking but lets not forget that this is up to june 2007 and there appears to be a lot trimming in the wages since, Janny has gone who was on a huge wage, so was Gordon and there will be extra income so I would imagine accounts next year will be a bit more rosey. Not trying to defend romanov, as he should of done alot better in keeping hearts in the black but the situation is improving.

Guest JamboRobbo
correct, however the last CEO ran the club into the ground thus reducing the value of the shares

The current guy has lost almost as much in 2 years as the Pieman did in his whole time in charge.

londonjambo
I'm assuming our new PR person wrote that.....

infominister.jpg

Dead my erse.

I know its ever so slightly off topic but I dont think anyone thinks Comical Ali is dead.

The Americans apparently thought he was a relatively harmless buffoon and consequently let him go.

He's now living happily with his family somewhere in the UAE, I believe.

Strange but true - a bit like Hearts' financial results

GC

Guest JamboRobbo
yes those figures are shocking but lets not forget that this is up to june 2007 and there appears to be a lot trimming in the wages since,

Exactly what was said last year about Pressley and Hartley etc.

Janny has gone who was on a huge wage, so was Gordon and there will be extra income so I would imagine accounts next year will be a bit more rosey. Not trying to defend romanov, as he should of done alot better in keeping hearts in the black but the situation is improving.

Will the excuse next year be that we had to pay off Janny and Gordon?

Existing shareholders will be written down to almost nothing. UBIG will get a number of shares for each pound of debt it holds. It will massively outweigh any current shareholdings.

Last chance to get out with any money is now!

Alrite. Cool.

Just to clarify. The wages are not for the players this season. They will be a lot lot less. As the figures include the likes of Pospisil, Bednar, Gordon, Jankauskas, Fyssas, Hartley, Pressley, Tiago Costa etc.

buca junior

It makes you shudder to estimate the salaries of HMFC employees. Granted the company has employees outwith football but even a basic calculation is basing the sum of salaries to 100 employees is over ?2400 per week per employee.

Cut The Crap
All opinions.

Cannot get over how bad the mismanagement of the finances has been.

?22.5m plus wage bill from 2005-7. Incredible.

And people still seem to believe that VR is a good businessman and it is only the lack of a new main stand which is holding us back!

As you say, it is quite staggering. Can anyone sketch out for me any sort of legitimate business model in which these numbers make any kind of sense? I just can't see it.

buca junior
The current guy has lost almost as much in 2 years as the Pieman did in his whole time in charge.

And both presided over a winning Scottish Cup side. If only he had employed Charlie Mann.............

monkfish1979
I know its ever so slightly off topic but I dont think anyone thinks Comical Ali is dead.

The Americans apparently thought he was a relatively harmless buffoon and consequently let him go.

He's now living happily with his family somewhere in the UAE, I believe.

Strange but true - a bit like Hearts' financial results

GC

Apologies, I thought he was, but nothing about it up yet apart from this - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7270396.stm

Alrite. Cool.

Just to clarify. The wages are not for the players this season. They will be a lot lot less. As the figures include the likes of Pospisil, Bednar, Gordon, Jankauskas, Fyssas, Hartley, Pressley, Tiago Costa etc.

Yep, but that disgusting wage bill we amassed only managed to achieve 4th place in the SPL last season, truly dreadful. Despite what many said of last season, not including you in that btw.

Ryan Gosling
Alrite. Cool.

I'd guess the wage bill for this season will be about ?8m, plus whatever we paid fir Larry, Ruben, Pinilla.

Oh,do you mean football players then,you know football players,something we used to have.

Ryan Gosling
Oh,do you mean football players then,you know football players,something we used to have.

You're more boring than listening to a commentary of someone watching paint dry.

'A statement on the club website confirms turnover has risen to 10.32 million pounds. However it omits details of the debt - which talk 107 can confirm is 36.25 million, due mainly to 12.49 million spent on players' wages.'

You're more boring than listening to a commentary of someone watching paint dry.

'A statement on the club website confirms turnover has risen to 10.32 million pounds. However it omits details of the debt - which talk 107 can confirm is 36.25 million, due mainly to 12.49 million spent on players' wages.'

Yes ,football players,something we don't have anymore,just over inflated wages for random people I have no time for.

londonjambo
Apologies, I thought he was, but nothing about it up yet apart from this - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7270396.stm

OK, I know people are getting cross and skipping this bit but just between you and I -

Your link is about Chemical Ali, a dangerous and psychopathic lunatic - a Vladimir Romanov, if you will.

Your previous post showed Comical Ali, a harmless comedy figure whose job was to put forward hopeless spin - a Charlie Mann, if you like

The former is pushing up the daisies. The latter is sipping tea in Abu Dhabi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Saeed_al-Sahhaf

Hope that helps

GC

Dr. Bapswent

I suggest we try as hard as possible to pick over the finanical report and find things to moan about as much as we can, whether they are genuine concerns or not.

Will make us all feel better.

Charlie-Brown

The salary levels in 2005-06 & 2006-07 are a consequence of the signings & contracts awarded in August 2005 & January 2006 - post the scottish cup final win the following higher earners have been removed from the wage bill - Skacel, Webster, Pressley, Hartley, Jankauskas, Fyssas, Brellier, Barasa, Gordon, Pospisil & Bednar will soon leave - the only significant higher earners arriving have been Pinilla, Kingston & Nade.

I would imagine over the next year Tall, Makela, Beslija will leave and Kingston, Goncalves, Pinilla could be transferred - Neil McCann would be offered a much reduced contract factoring his age, injuries and lack of appearances.

I think the salary / turnover ratio will be much closer to what it should be by summer 2009.

Hopefully transfer fee income will have reduced the debt level by then also.

Seems ironic that the figures are issued the very day Vlad is in town.

They don't fill me with encouragement.

Colonel Kurtz

no he didnt,I sold my shares to Romanov for a decent price

Converted shares from debt can be very profitable,look at the recent conversion of 1p shares at 65p by Celtics non exec directors who provided credit.

I believe the converted Hearts shares will be in the company which develops Tynecastle.

I actualy think our next years result could show a profit,with the Gordon,Bednar ,Miko and Kingston money and a decreased wage bill of well under ?10The new wage structure is performance based to a large extent.

Guest JamboRobbo
no he didnt,I sold my shares to Romanov for a decent price

Converted shares from debt can be very profitable,look at the recent conversion of 1p shares at 65p by Celtics non exec directors who provided credit.

I believe the converted Hearts shares will be in the company which develops Tynecastle.

I actualy think our next years result could show a profit,with the Gordon,Bednar ,Miko and Kingston money and a decreased wage bill of well under ?10The new wage structure is performance based to a large extent.

I'd certainly hope we show a profit next year, given that 7M Gordon money will be included in the results.

Surely they can't manage to lose more than 7M again.

Guest JamboRobbo
I suggest we try as hard as possible to pick over the finanical report and find things to moan about as much as we can, whether they are genuine concerns or not.

Will make us all feel better.

I suggest rather than talking about the subject of the thread, we could make sarcy comments about other Hearts fans.

Will make us all feel better too.

Archived