Lager Tops...

tommythejambo

Lager Tops  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Lager Tops

tommythejambo

Let's settle an argument here that I have been thinking about for some time...

...Lager Tops...Gay or not?

Discuss.

I suppose some people may just like the taste of it.

Some people also like a (ock & baws instead of a pangina.

I voted gay.

I think the gay ones are those who go about taking issue with what their mates are drinking.

Lager tops is a fine drink.

Let's settle an argument here that I have been thinking about for some time...

...Lager Tops...Gay or not?

Discuss.

Not gay.

I P Knightley

Always thought it was gay (as is Lager and Lime) until Tony Adams and/or Paul Merson, when announcing that they were alcoholic told the world that he/they were hooked on lager tops. I was surprised that they weren't alkie on proper beer or even spirits.

Boaby Ewing

Having worked in a couple of schemey boozers in my yoof, I can confirm it is the drink of choice for many a raging alkie.

Strange, but true. Guess the wee bit of sugar and vitamin C helps ward off the scurvy.

Personally, I quite like it, but only after sport or on an empty stomach (which I guess is a bit gay).

Having worked in a couple of schemey boozers in my yoof, I can confirm it is the drink of choice for many a raging alkie.

Strange, but true. Guess the wee bit of sugar and vitamin C helps ward off the scurvy.

Personally, I quite like it, but only after sport or on an empty stomach (which I guess is a bit gay).

The theory in the office is that by drinking tops you can power through a bit more bevvy than if you were just drinking lager 'straight'.

Lager = virgin's wee, even more so with lemonade in it. It is the drink of choice for gaylords. :o

McEwan's Export, now that's a man's beer. :P

Boaby Ewing
The theory in the office is that by drinking tops you can power through a bit more bevvy than if you were just drinking lager 'straight'.

Aye, it's probably a fair one - Bit like the new 'decent' weaker lagers like Becks Vier and Stella's Peeterman... now are they 'gay' too?

I dunno, at times I enjoy firing straight into the wifebeater, at others I have to admit to pacing it.

If you're out for a long night, I don't want to be ****ed two hours in.

If you have one or two...your fine.

I have them as a warm up, if straight out from work and had heehaw to eat. You need to pace yourself at the start of the night...then fire into straight lager, then shots. It's the way of champions.

The Wicker Man

Somewhere between Lager & Lime or Lager & Blackcurrant on the globality of gayness.

A gentlemans lager 'cocktail' must only consist of said pint of lager ( 4%+ ) accompanied by a 'depth charge' of suitable spirit, such as Schnapps, J?germeister, Absinthe etc.

Creme de Menthe is a strict no-no for Jambos as it turns the drink green.

;)

I P Knightley
Aye, it's probably a fair one - Bit like the new 'decent' weaker lagers like Becks Vier and Stella's Peeterman... now are they 'gay' too?

I dunno, at times I enjoy firing straight into the wifebeater, at others I have to admit to pacing it.

If you're out for a long night, I don't want to be ****ed two hours in.

I think I'm already on record on these boards as occasionally having a Vier rather than the looney juice.

However, that is tactical; it's not gay, like putting lemonade in your lager.

If you have one or two...your fine.

I have them as a warm up, if straight out from work and had heehaw to eat. You need to pace yourself at the start of the night...then fire into straight lager, then shots. It's the way of champions.

Gay, purely for the fact you drink it ya raging poof.

Gay, purely for the fact you drink it ya raging poof.

I need to try and give you a chance, mate. Your hair already puts the birds off ;)

7 at the Rainbow?

I think I'm already on record on these boards as occasionally having a Vier rather than the looney juice.

However, that is tactical; it's not gay, like putting lemonade in your lager.

I have to agree.

Vier or Peeterman are similar strength to Tennements, but taste nicer. As one gets on a bit one needs to pace oneself.

But Tops is just not right. It's downright queer.

Dr. Bapswent

Watering down lager?

Only those who do it would wonder if its gay.

And yes it is.

As gay as a window.

I have to agree.

Vier or Peeterman are similar strength to Tennements, but taste nicer. As one gets on a bit one needs to pace oneself.

But Tops is just not right. It's downright queer.

I'm loving peetermans just now.. 72p a can in tescos and wipes the floor with most other lagers on taste... funnily enuff I hate stella tastes like shoit but peetermans is excellent.

chester copperpot
May as well drink these:

spon-wkd.jpg

All lager is rank, tastes bogging. Whether you put a dash of lemonade in it or not.

Now Lager and Lime is purely for the Bisexual men out there.Worse than gay.

May as well drink these:

spon-wkd.jpg

Was out in my locals two weeks ago and all these egg chasers came in and started drinking the blue Wkd. Embarrasssing.

Although at Cav on Sunday I will admit I had an Orange VK. Minging. Just able to drink orange juice again.

Dr. Bapswent

andy in oz, cosanostra, Dave de le Noir, doug46, duckandcovercsf1, Flimsy, From Perth to Paisley, HMFC 1874, jambogaza, milky_26, peco1976, rossi_1983, swedmanbob, TheChimp, Toggie88

Named and shamed.

Mr 46, im a little let down by that.

Suspect Device
Somewhere between Lager & Lime or Lager & Blackcurrant on the globality of gayness.

A gentlemans lager 'cocktail' must only consist of said pint of lager ( 4%+ ) accompanied by a 'depth charge' of suitable spirit, such as Schnapps, J?germeister, Absinthe etc.

Creme de Menthe is a strict no-no for Jambos as it turns the drink green.

;)

Ah, but Lager & Blackcurrant turns the drink maroon ;)

how about this one, pint glass, Blue Wicked (stir the gas out) top up with Guinness - drink wkd thru Guinness, tastes like sweeties :confused:

Say What Again

Agreed Dr.

The others don't surprise me ;) but I expected better from the Midori Kid.

From Perth to Paisley
Agreed Dr.

The others don't surprise me ;) but I expected better from the Midori Kid.

Nothing wrong with a wee tops - makes it go down nice and easy especially if you are a bit delicate from the night before!

Lager and Lime is just plain wrong though.

PS JamboLad if you are watching - please don't get involved. Diet Coke and Vodka! Need I say more|!

Say What Again
makes it go down nice and easy especially if you are a bit delicate from the night before!

It's almost acceptable then - but only for the 1st pint or two.

Drinking it through choice is GAY full stop

If you don't like the taste of the big bad lager, and have to put a wee bit fizzy juice in it so you can drink it, then it's GAY.

I P Knightley
not gay

I'm sorry but even your user name gives it away - an anagram of We Rent Gay.

Le Chat - never heard of anyone drinking 'bottoms' and not being a deviant of some sort.

Dr Baps - I have a new phrase for my vocabulary jotter: "As gay as a window". 43 years old and still learning stuff! Cheers.

Nothing wrong with a wee tops - makes it go down nice and easy especially if you are a bit delicate from the night before!

Lager and Lime is just plain wrong though.

PS JamboLad if you are watching - please don't get involved. Diet Coke and Vodka! Need I say more|!

JL. Tut tut. You must be embarrassed going up and asking for a a Vodka and Diet Coke.

I'm sorry but even your user name gives it away - an anagram of We Rent Gay.

that's very funny! i just spat my babycham all over the screen:th_wink1:

andy in oz, cosanostra, Dave de le Noir, doug46, duckandcovercsf1, Flimsy, From Perth to Paisley, HMFC 1874, jambogaza, milky_26, peco1976, rossi_1983, swedmanbob, TheChimp, Toggie88

Named and shamed.

Having shared a beer with DDLN in London, I can confirm, he is limp wristed. :cool:

The Old Tolbooth
Lager = virgin's wee, even more so with lemonade in it. It is the drink of choice for gaylords. :o

McEwan's Export, now that's a man's beer. :P

Christ, you do have some decent taste after all ;)

I get called an old man by my mates for my love of Mcewans Export :confused:

Lager tops is most definately gay btw!

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Gay

Why dilute perfection.

If nothing else that wee inch of lemonade makes it taste rancid.

Dont even start me on shandy!!!!!!!

BoJack Horseman

I voted not gay, purely for the fact that it goes down nicely for your first pint the morning after a heavy session. If it's your drink of choice then by all means, it's gay.

Archived