Fantastic news on Jonsson

Coco

New 4 1/2 year deal. On the Hearts site.

Good news this week with substandard players out and a really promising young player signed for a long deal.

Charlie-Brown

This is really good news and protects the club's investment in this kid - hopefully he wants to continue to develop his career in Edinburgh and this contract would indicate that - it doesn't preclude him being sold if other teams offer a big price & he fancies the move but now Hearts are in a much stronger bargaining position to get the best price & full value for the player.

I am absolutely delighted at this. It is undoubtedly good news.

God knows, if anything, Vlad has taught us never to get our hopes up, but I definitely think that something is happening: New contracts/ loan deals finished/ players returning to Kaunas/ Ogilvie taking over as MD.

It is as if there is some foundation laying going on in preparation for something.

Funk knows what mind you, but there are rumblings at Tynie methinks....

rudi must stay

he's got a great agent then, last week he told us he didn't want to sign for a year then this week he's signed for 4 and 1/2 years

Dirk Diggler
he's got a great agent then, last week he told us he didn't want to sign for a year then this week he's signed for 4 and 1/2 years

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/hearts-fc/2008/03/20/agent-tells-eggert-jonsson-not-to-sign-long-term-hearts-deal-86908-20356960/

The agent didn't want him to sign for 4 and a half years.

Obviously Eggert did.

Good news.

clearly vlad just tying him up long term to increase his sell on fee in the summer :blah::hypno:

Thought I'd maybe just spike the guns of 'the usual suspects' there ;)

Good news indeed and although we are still in the dark re a manager

there has been much more meat to bite into of late ( CO for MD...... or was it CO for CO :confused: plus the short sharp statements on the official site of several loanees going back to Kaunas )

Guest JamboRobbo
clearly vlad just tying him up long term to increase his sell on fee in the summer :blah::hypno:

Thought I'd maybe just spike the guns of 'the usual suspects' there ;)

Good news indeed and although we are still in the dark re a manager

there has been much more meat to bite into of late ( CO for MD...... or was it CO for CO :confused: plus the short sharp statements on the official site of several loanees going back to Kaunas )

Indeed. All these good things are happening. Things that the "usual suspects" have been suggesting need to happen for a while.

And once it happens, pretty much everyone says they are delighted.

Yet "the usual suspects" got called hobos/recists etc for having suggested it BEFORE we did it.

Indeed. All these good things are happening. Things that the "usual suspects" have been suggesting need to happen for a while.

Yet "the usual suspects" got called hobos/recists etc for having suggested it BEFORE we did it.

I think you will find most fans were hoping/asking for this to happen.

What you did find though imo were some 'usual suspects' moaning their way through the negotiation 'stages' of the deal.

Well done Hearts and Jonsson.:)

Dr. Bapswent

Jonsson wasnt wanting to sign a deal that long.

I wonder what promises he was made to ensure he signed the deal?

dkmmgcycbwc

Yet I have been RELIABLY informed on here by many contributors that he was out the door, would not be played so as not to trigger the new contract clause etc. How strange life is.

Excellent news glad to hear he has signed a new deal.

This is not a dig (well maybe it is), but you are normally so negative about Hearts - the fact that even yuo are positive about this shows, we can get thinggs right sometimes, very right - and we have here.

Was it not that his agent didn't want him to sign a deal that long? I don't remember Eggert saying he didn't want to.

Suspect Device

pretty sure Jonsson did want to sign the deal

it was his agent who wanted the increased wages, but no extension to contract

Guest JamboRobbo
This is not a dig (well maybe it is), but you are normally so negative about Hearts - the fact that even yuo are positive about this shows, we can get thinggs right sometimes, very right - and we have here.

I think it proves that credit will be given where due, and shows that the accusations of people being "negative about everything" or "you're a hobo" that are thrown around on here are ridiculous.

I'll speak negatively about things that I think are negative for HMFC.

I'll speak positively about things that I think are positive for HMFC.

It is not my fault that most of what has happened at HMFC over the past two years has been negative (football wise anyway - which is what I tend to talk about).

heartsforglory

Great news :)

Jonnson should start on sunday ahead of the liabilitiy Stewart or " cant pass to a teammate".

I think it proves that credit will be given where due, and shows that the accusations of people being "negative about everything" or "you're a hobo" that are thrown around on here are ridiculous.

It is not my fault that most of what has happened at HMFC over the past two years has been negative (football wise anyway - which is what I tend to talk about).

Which is fair enough - I disagree with yo on most things, but I do realise you are not negative for negative's sake and have your own reasons - either way at least you do not launch into personal abuse, like some folk on both sides on this site.

Good post mate, think I can include myself under this umbrella too.

Toxteth O'Grady

Good News (on a Friday :eek:)

Eggert has been one of the few good things to come out of this season.

Minimum release fees...Guaranteed.

Brilliant News......I think Eggy has been one of the few bright spots this season. Gives me a bit of hope that things may be on the up.

Great News.

Maybe things are changing if Eggy actually wanted to stay on. I can't see him happy to hang around if team interference is as bad as it has been in the past.

Let's hope he improves then, I suppose he's still young and he will learn. I cant get excited about this boy as others do. I look at Driver and see a great prospect, I look at Jonsson, and see a guy who always gets caught in possession, and his passing isnt that great. He is only 20 though, and I do hope he makes it, but he has alot to do in my book! :)

rudi must stay
Great news :)

Jonnson should start on sunday ahead of the liabilitiy Stewart or " cant pass to a teammate".

he should definatly start on 'Sunday' ;)

Seymour M Hersh

Just imagine the infamy though JR if you were called a "negative hobo"!!!;)

Cut The Crap

Based on past experience, I would assume the motivation behind this deal is to maximise Jonsson's value in the transfer market. No question VR has done quite well in that respect before; unfortunately, it's not a strategy that necessarily improves my Saturday afternoon or (apparently) has much of a positive effect on the club's balance sheet, so it's hard to get too excited at this stage.

rudi must stay
Based on past experience, I would assume the motivation behind this deal is to maximise Jonsson's value in the transfer market. No question VR has done quite well in that respect before; unfortunately, it's not a strategy that necessarily improves my Saturday afternoon or (apparently) has much of a positive effect on the club's balance sheet, so it's hard to get too excited at this stage.

if they where looking to sell him then why did they give him a contract for so long? Nah that doesn't make any sense at all

Cut The Crap
if they where looking to sell him then why did they give him a contract for so long? Nah that doesn't make any sense at all

I would respectfully suggest that Eggert Jonsson's registration is worth more to Hearts with 4.5 years to run than it is with only six months to run, but, then again, maybe the footballing world and its wife have been wrong all this time. :confused:

rudi must stay
I would respectfully suggest that Eggert Jonsson's registration is worth more to Hearts with 4.5 years to run than it is with only six months to run, but, then again, maybe the footballing world and its wife have been wrong all this time. :confused:

fair enough, but if you want to get rid of a player you can quite easily give him a contract for 1- 1 1/2 years not 4 that just means you have the player for longer

Cut The Crap

Don't know the salary obviously, but the duration is certainly similar to the deals accepted by Gordon and rejected by Webster. Suspect VR and his advisors expect a sale within the next year to eighteen months at which point they will point to the fact that Eggert still has three years of his deal to run.

Ker-ching.

In the meantime, we hopefully get to enjoy a midfielder clearly far too good for this team, maybe even for this league, so it's not all bad. Indeed, it was ever thus, although admittedly Vlad's financial muscle has allowed him to raise the stakes somewhat from the days when CPR would go hawking our best players around the lower EPL and middle- to top-ranking Championship clubs.

Am I the only one that thinks that the lad is vastly over rated....i dont rate him at all....sorry guys

Great news.

Now hopefully he can kick on and not stagnate like a few others have. Although I think he is a better players than those that have.

A manager certainly would help his development.

scott herbertson

Can't say fairer than that, and this is one occasion when everyone can say 'well done Hearts' without sarcasm irony or abuse

Sheriff Fatman
Have to agree. Enjoy him for a season or two before he is punted for around ?2m.

And that happening at Hearts is different to how it happens at any other football club in what way?

The usual suspects were telling lies and saying Vlad was refusing to honour a contract agreement with Jonnson to give him a new deal.

Guest JamboRobbo
The usual suspects were telling lies and saying Vlad was refusing to honour a contract agreement with Jonnson to give him a new deal.

Lies eh. So you're saying that

a) people were stating it as fact that Vlad was refusing to honour a contract agreement.

Any evidence to support this claim?

B) you know for a fact that nothing of the sort took place?

thought not. blindly giving out stick and sucking up to Vlad as per usual. :mw_rolleyes:

Sheriff Fatman
Lies eh. So you're saying that

a) people were stating this as fact in the first place, and not just discussing posibilities.

and B) you know for a fact that nothing of the sort took place?

thought not. :mw_rolleyes:

Do you have any proof that it did?

It is up to the people making allegations to prove their case, not the other way around.

Ryan Gosling

Personally, I think it says a lot that the morning Vlad arrives, the deal is signed without fuss.

Evil despot that he is.

Guest JamboRobbo

It is up to the people making allegations to prove their case, not the other way around.

I never said it had, so I ain't the one needing to provide proof of anything. :mw_rolleyes:

There is a difference between discussing possibilities, and making allegations and claiming they are facts. Seems some people are struggling to tell the difference. :mw_rolleyes:

The person making allegations here is IMA MOROON.

Is this it.........

The stadium is great, the coaches are great, big crowds, fantastic facilities, I was always going to stay at Hearts - EJ

:cool:

Sheriff Fatman
I never said it had, so I ain't the one needing to provide proof of anything. :mw_rolleyes:

There is a difference between discussing possibilities, and making allegations and claiming they are facts. Seems some people are struggling to tell the difference. :mw_rolleyes:

The person making allegations here is IMA MOROON.

No you didn't, but you are defending those that did and saying that it is for IMA MAROON to prove that the allegation made by other peolple are false, which is an arse over tit way to do it.

Guest JamboRobbo
No you didn't, but you are defending those that did and saying that it is for IMA MAROON to prove that the allegation made by other peolple are false, which is an arse over tit way to do it.

I was more suggesting that he provides proof of his allegation as a first step.

I often say on here that CM has told lies. When I do so, I give proof of where and what CM said (back up my allegation), and I give the proof that what he said is false (prove that CM was lying).

All I'm asking is that IMA MAROON provides the same basic info to back up what he said. I'm not holding me breath on him doing so.

Am I the only one that thinks that the lad is vastly over rated....i dont rate him at all....sorry guys

No, not the only one. I just dont get it either, the guy is average at best. Hopefully he will improve, because at the moment he is pants.

Archived